PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations, Weds, Uxbridge?

Nick M
6th-January-2004, 08:20 PM
I am over in the Uxbridge area working next week, and will be spending the Wed night up there. Any recommendations for good places to dance? I will have a car

thanks

Andy McGregor
6th-January-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Nick M
I am over in the Uxbridge area working next week, and will be spending the Wed night up there. Any recommendations for good places to dance? I will have a car

thanks

Without a doubt it's got to be Hipsters. With so much said about it you really need to go - even if you hate it, which you won't.

Below is the info pasted from their website. It's really easy to find, it's just 9 miles from Uxbridge and should take no more than 20 mins. Make sure you introduce yourself as there's loads of us forum members that go there.

A unique weekly dance evening
that will definitely take your fancy

You need to try HIPSTERS!

Hipsters Wednesday nights are aimed
at beginner/intermediate jivers

Modern Jive Classes
Beginners: 8pm Intermediate: 9pm
Freestyle until 11pm

Viktor - One of the best teachers in the UK
will take you through both modern jive classes

Large superb dance floor

Huge free car park. Parking not a problem

Entry £5. The cheapest in London

All this in the most fabulous of dance venues

HIPSTERS - TUESDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY NIGHTS - EALING TOWN HALL

bobgadjet
7th-January-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Nick M

thanks

If it's actually Ceroc you want, then there's Ashtons.
Checkout www.Ceroclondon.com for the details.

Maybe see you there.

Nick M
7th-January-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
Without a doubt it's got to be Hipsters. With so much said about it you really need to go - even if you hate it, which you won't.

Thanks Andy. I have been to Hipsters on a Tues before now (Top-notch tuition but crowded freestyle), but wasnt aware it was on a Wed as well.

Thats the one for me then

Mary
7th-January-2004, 12:00 PM
Hipsters on a wednesday is a lot less crowded than on a tuesday, and the atmosphere is more relaxed and friendly, with some great dancers.

If you are still in the Uxbridge area on the Thursday, then Uxbridge Ceroc starts again in the new venue (which Ihave seen, and the dance floor is bigger than the old venue). We taxi there and I happen to think Helen (franchisee) is fab DJ.

See you next Weds. anyway - don't forget to introduce yourself.:wink:

M

Nick M
8th-January-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Mary
See you next Weds. anyway - don't forget to introduce yourself.:wink:

Thanks Mary

this is me, in case I dont find out who you are!

http://www.knoco.co.uk/images/nick_milton.jpg

N