PDA

View Full Version : let's see now ...

Rachel
20th-August-2002, 10:36 AM
Just testing

Franck
20th-August-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
Just testing Well done Rachel, congratulations on your first successful post and welcome to the Forum. Do practice quoting as well as it will come in handy (click on the quote button underneath my post).

Franck.

Rachel
20th-August-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Franck
Well done Rachel, congratulations on your first successful post and welcome to the Forum. Do practice quoting as well as it will come in handy (click on the quote button underneath my post).

Franck.

Oh dear ... I think this could become seriously addictive!!

Franck
20th-August-2002, 11:00 AM
Oh dear ... I think this could become seriously addictive!! Indeed, just like Ceroc... :wink: Well done and I look forward to seeing you in September!
Remember you have over 2000 posts to catch up with before you come up :really: :what:

Franck.

Rachel
20th-August-2002, 11:57 AM
Well, I have to admit to being totally addicted to Ceroc!

2000 posts - wow, so many??? Unfortunately, I could very enjoyably waste a HUGE amount of time on this discussion board but only have internet access at work, not at home, so have to be a bit controlled ...

However, I have loved reading some of the discussions and take back all kinds of useful information - likes and dislikes in classes, etc - to my boyfriend who has recently qualified as a Ceroc teacher. It's great for him to be able to see so many different opinions on the way people like the classes to be run, teaching tips, etc etc.

Franck
20th-August-2002, 12:45 PM
Well, I have to admit to being totally addicted to Ceroc!

2000 posts - wow, so many??? Unfortunately, I could very enjoyably waste a HUGE amount of time on this discussion board but only have internet access at work, not at home, so have to be a bit controlled ...

However, I have loved reading some of the discussions and take back all kinds of useful information - likes and dislikes in classes, etc - to my boyfriend who has recently qualified as a Ceroc teacher. It's great for him to be able to see so many different opinions on the way people like the classes to be run, teaching tips, etc etc. Yes, the sheer number of posts is a bit daunting, but you will have to get internet access at home :wink: How can you possibly keep up otherwise?
Don't worry too much though, it is sometimes hard to keep up with the currently active threads without going back in time :really:

Good to hear your boyfriend has joined the 'elite', point him to this board and ask him to identify himself to me (email or private message) and I will give him access to the Ceroc teachers Private area :nice:

Franck.

Curtain
20th-August-2002, 01:16 PM
So ... There is a private room for teachers is there? Is this the place where you tell each other all your little secrets? What a sleazy forum this must be? lol

Franck
20th-August-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by DJ Curtain
So ... There is a private room for teachers is there? Is this the place where you tell each other all your little secrets? What a sleazy forum this must be? lol I knew someone would come up with something like that as soon as I posted the above... and of course it had to be you. :wink:

But you are right, at least that is the plan, then teachers can discuss technical stuff (cough :wink: ) without boring the rest of you...

By the way, see you tonight (I'll be teaching, so I expect to find you on your best behaviour, and of course on the dance floor for the Beginners class!

Franck.

Rachel
20th-August-2002, 01:25 PM
Oh, so you 'Elite' have a private area, do you? My curiosity is roused ...! I'm not sure my boyfriend will be able to access this from his work, but I will pass on your email address, just in case. Thank you for that.

There just seems to be so much to have to think about and take on board as a teacher and, I guess, the more information/feedback you can hear, the better.

Coincidently, my boyfriend, Marc, did his Ceroc teaching with Elaine who, I think, teaches in Dundee (?). One day we'll definitely come up for one of her classes. Marc thought she was great!

Curtain
20th-August-2002, 01:26 PM
I really don't know what you mean by best behaviour, but I will try and be professional for a change. Can't guarantee it though, you'll just have to wait and see.

Franck
20th-August-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by DJ Curtain
I really don't know what you mean by best behaviour, but I will try and be professional for a change. Can't guarantee it though, you'll just have to wait and see. No worries, I am not sure what best behaviour is exactly either :wink:
See you on the dance floor.

Franck.

Franck
20th-August-2002, 01:39 PM
Coincidently, my boyfriend, Marc, did his Ceroc teaching with Elaine who, I think, teaches in Dundee (?). One day we'll definitely come up for one of her classes. Marc thought she was great! Brilliant, Elaine is really good fun, though I am still to see her teach (makes note to turn up in Dundee soon).
Might make it when you 2 manage to come up.

Franck.

Rachel
20th-August-2002, 01:46 PM
Brilliant, Elaine is really good fun, though I am still to see her teach (makes note to turn up in Dundee soon).
Might make it when you 2 manage to come up.

Franck.

Now that would be good! I'm beginning to feel at home in Scotland already, and I haven't even arrived yet ... Isn't the internet a wonderful thing?

Ooops, I'm badly neglecting my work - better try and get on with it now. Hope to speak to you soon,
Rachel

filthycute
20th-August-2002, 03:11 PM

Coincidently, my boyfriend, Marc, did his Ceroc teaching with Elaine who, I think, teaches in Dundee (?). One day we'll definitely come up for one of her classes. Marc thought she was great!

Hiya Rachel, nice to see a new face on the site. Already i noticed you 've spent FAR TOO MUCH time talking to Franck :what: lets hope he doesn't get a chance to corrupt you before you come to Scotland :yum:

what your b/f said is very true......she's great :D
she was my line dance teacher for 4 years and now my ceroc teacher......she does a brilliant job. You just couldn't imagine her not being a dance teacher.

you won't be dissapointed when you come up :wink:

filthycute x x

Franck
20th-August-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
Hiya Rachel, nice to see a new face on the site. Already i noticed you 've spent FAR TOO MUCH time talking to Franck :what: lets hope he doesn't get a chance to corrupt you before you come to Scotland :yum:
O•, I resent this, you are just jealous because I was online before you and got to do the corrupting first :wink:
Anyway, since Rachel will be in Glasgow on the 9th September, I'll get to do even more corrupting unless you all come down from Dundee to stop me (or at least try :nice: )
On the subject of travelling about, have you managed to convince a few Dundonians to join in the Mad Style week-end in September (21st and 22nd), I am hoping most of the teachers will be there, and if we could stay in the same hotel, we could just end up partying most of the night (again... :yum: )

Franck.

Rachel
20th-August-2002, 03:28 PM

you 've spent FAR TOO MUCH time talking to Franck :what: lets hope he doesn't get a chance to corrupt you before you come to Scotland :yum:

Hello, thanks for the welcome! And as for Franck, well, he was the only one who was talking to me ...

Soooo, is that what he does - corrupts innocent lone females?? Sounds like my trip to Scotland could be more exciting than I'd thought!!!

she was my line dance teacher for 4 years and now my ceroc teacher......she does a brilliant job. You just couldn't imagine her not being a dance teacher.

I can't wait to come dancing in Scotland, though it's such a shame Marc won't be able to join me this time round - I know he'd love to see Elaine again. But we will both make it up to Dundee one day. I gather Elaine got really good marks in her Ceroc test - I've never seen her teach, but saw her dancing at the Ceroc Championships in May and she looked great. Were you part of the winning Showcase team, too?

Dear me, really HAVE to do some work now ... Hopefully be back on the board tomorrow, if I have a chance. (Must get internet at home)
Rachel

Franck
20th-August-2002, 04:02 PM
Soooo, is that what he does - corrupts innocent lone females?? Sounds like my trip to Scotland could be more exciting than I'd thought!!!

I can't wait to come dancing in Scotland, though it's such a shame Marc won't be able to join me this time round.No that is not all that I do (only about 80% of it... :nice: the other 20% I am the one getting corrupted :devil: ). However, do not worry that Marc will not be there, I am sure we will manage to show you a good time and a half... :cheers:

Franck.

Rachel
21st-August-2002, 08:22 AM
No that is not all that I do (only about 80% of it... :nice: the other 20% I am the one getting corrupted :devil:

Oh yesss? So who is it that corrupts you??? Do tell ...

John S
21st-August-2002, 10:10 AM
she was my line dance teacher for 4 years and now my ceroc teacher......she does a brilliant job. You just couldn't imagine her not being a dance teacher.I agree - Elaine is a natural dancer and teacher - fortunately so far she hasn't got her classes to do any line dancing, but I live in fear that one night at Dundee she'll suddenly revert to it and have us all going Yee Hah or something.

Anyway, Rachel, welcome to Cyber Cerocland

Rachel
21st-August-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by John S

I agree - Elaine is a natural dancer and teacher - fortunately so far she hasn't got her classes to do any line dancing, but I live in fear that one night at Dundee she'll suddenly revert to it and have us all going Yee Hah or something.

Anyway, Rachel, welcome to Cyber Cerocland Maybe that will be the newest craze - a jive/line dance hybrid ...!

I fear that I'm going to take after my grandmother who discovered line dancing in her mid-eighties and now can't get enough of it. Still, she must be doing something right - I've never seen anyone with so many toyboys pestering to take her out for the evening. Can't be bad at that age, huh?

bigdjiver
12th-November-2003, 11:58 AM
Maybe that will be the newest craze - a jive/line dance hybrid ...!

FWIW There is a local nightclub venue with a jive class that also does "strolls". Which appears to be what line dancing was called in the rock and roll era.

I like Cerocing to a lot of line dance music, and do the link arms and Yehaw thing to the Mavericks.

My test failed, and summat had to be put in here after I discovered that messages here appeared on the latest posts list. Not a conducive environment for testing / learning.

Dr. Feelgood
1st-January-2004, 07:21 PM
vv