PDA

View Full Version : Style Week-end Glasgow / Aberdeen: 21st - 22nd September

Franck
20th-August-2002, 02:09 AM
A fantastic week-end of Style and dancing with top guest teacher Humphrey Euwin and partner Kirsty.

Here you are guys, a few more details about the Style week-end in September. 2 workshops and a party, with plenty to learn from our guest star for the week-end: 'Humphrey Euwin, commonly known as 'H', well known for his unique and fabulous style. His background in dance originates from years of practice as a Jazz and Ballet dancer. 'H' started dancing Ceroc in 1994 and then moved on to teach in 1996 and has been in demand ever since!! H and his partner Kirsty have been dancing together for 3 years. They ooze smooth-ness and style, drawing from all aspects of their dancing backgrounds.

How mad can things get? :nice: Find out here with the programme for the Style week-end:

¥ Starting in Glasgow on Saturday 21st September with the Footwork Frenzy Style workshop:

Come along to this workshop to learn some fun yet challenging steps! We quarantee by the end of the day you'll be doing them with confidence and perfection!

¥ Still wanting more? Drive on to Aberdeen for one of our (now infamous) party nights on the Saturday night, with a guest class from H and Kirsty.

¥ Stay over-night (more chatting, dancing and general mis-behaviour ;) + hotels are cheap) and be ready on the Sunday morning for the second Style workshop: Smooth Grooves

A workshop especially devised to polish off those rough edges you develop during freestyle and make you a smoother dancer! Re-energize your dancing with plenty of style and finesse tips!

Each workshop will cost £25.00 per person (the party will be at the normal price of £6.00). There is also a special Style Addict Pass available for all 3 events at £40.00 only! (a saving of £16.00 per person!) but you will have to book fast as numbers for the workshops will be limited to 25 couples, first come first served...
You can book by phone (01324-613 209), or better still, by email: hi@cerocscotland.com

If you have any questions about the above events, post them here in this thread.

Franck.

Janet
20th-August-2002, 01:36 PM
That's my weekend planned then!!! :D :D :D
You can count me in for the lot and probably out for the count come Sunday night. :sick:

Anyone else from Glasgow fancy a joining the convoy up to Aberdeen after the Footwork Frenzy workshop??? Or indeed fancy a lift? Let me know. :grin:

Janet

p.s. Franck, is there a theme for the Aberdeen party? Sounds like the last one went down a storm! :wink:

Franck
20th-August-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Janet
p.s. Franck, is there a theme for the Aberdeen party? Sounds like the last one went down a storm! :wink: Great Janet,

I have added your name to the list (second only to Amanda the chilli! so far).
I have not yet decided on a theme, but I was leaning towards a uniforms night (you know, police officer, army officer, traffic warden etc... for the men and Nurses for the women :yum: :wink: ). But I am not too sure, still open for suggestions...

Franck.

Janet
20th-August-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Franck
...I was leaning towards a uniforms night (you know, police officer, army officer, traffic warden etc... for the men and Nurses for the women :yum: :wink: ).
How boringly sexist :o :o .
Any minute now someone is going to mention truncheons! :wink:

Janet

Franck
20th-August-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Janet
How boringly sexist :o :o .Happy to oblige :nice: :devil: It does not have to be a nurse's uniform, French maid would do as well... :wink: or a female army officer (as in Top Gun!)

The sky is the limit, stretch your imagination, but in the meantime, you can suggest other themes you would like to dress up for.

Franck.

filthycute
20th-August-2002, 03:17 PM
The sky is the limit, stretch your imagination, but in the meantime, you can suggest other themes you would like to dress up for.when you gonna have a pyjama party??

filthycute x x

Franck
20th-August-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
when you gonna have a pyjama party??Hmmm, I should have known better than to ask :really:
Well considering I normally do not wear pyjamas, we might get back into another thread started by Amanda... On second thoughts, maybe not... :sick:

Franck.

Tiggerbabe
20th-August-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
when you gonna have a pyjama party??

filthycute x x Aw, go on Franck - I just couldn't guarantee my behaviour if you have lots of men in uniforms who can dance too:devil: :devil:

Can you book for the Aberdeen workshop on it's own? - and name of a decent hotel please or at least the one where all the fun's gonna be:wink:

Amanda
21st-August-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
name of a decent hotel please or at least the one where all the fun's gonna be:wink:

That'll be John McAulay's house then. Rumour has it that he does very reasonable rates and if you're really lucky he might just rustle up a 'full English' the next morning.... Mmmmm, anyone for an extra sausage? :wink:

Amanda

John McAulay
21st-August-2002, 10:38 AM
As you well know, you can always get a large portion of sausage when you stay at mine Amanda!
It helps having a son, who works in a butcher's.

For the sane people out there
try the travelodge on Bridge Street
or the Premier Lodge next to the Lemon Tree

regards:waycool:

Curtain
21st-August-2002, 10:52 AM
Can I just register my disgust at the blatant innuendo peppered throughout the last couple of posts? I find it abhorrent that grown adults should masquerade their sleaze in such a sinister fashion. I was having a couple of lovely meaty pies last night (which I personally filled with top quality beef) and reading your messages made me have to stop eating at one point. Disgraceful!!

John McAulay
21st-August-2002, 10:55 AM
If only your music matched your wit!

Regards:waycool:

Curtain
21st-August-2002, 11:01 AM
That hurt John!! That really hurt!! My ego has been trampled on once again from the man who supplies dodgy CD's. Were you aware that it was the Robbie Williams CD that packed in on me? I hope you are man enough to accept MOST of the blame.

John McAulay
21st-August-2002, 11:06 AM
Typical you try and give a snotty face kid a hand up,
and even go out of your way to get him a copy of some decent music to dance to.
He then plays it till the record bleed's! and then has the brass neck to blame me!
ps. get a hair cut!

Curtain
21st-August-2002, 11:14 AM
I should have known better. I apologise profusely for my ungrateful posturing. It was ill considered and downright silly to blame you for my misdemeanor. It was all my fault, I should never of accepted the shoddy merchandise in the first place.

p.s. Grow your hair!!

John McAulay
21st-August-2002, 11:27 AM
Your grumbling apology is both noted and accepted!
It is however noted, you used the word ''Merchandise'' as if some money passed hands.
As I remember it, at the time you never offered any money as none was asked for!

Ps. further to this you could,nt afford a hat as you always wore a T cosy on yer head!

Sandy
21st-August-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by John McAulay
Your grumbling apology is both noted and accepted!
It is however noted, you used the word ''Merchandise'' as if some money passed hands.
As I remember it, at the time you never offered any money as none was asked for!

Ps. further to this you could,nt afford a hat as you always wore a T cosy on yer head!

Oh yep he's back with his razor edged wit!:waycool:

Knew there was something missing over the last fortnight!

Cheers

Sandy

Sandy
21st-August-2002, 12:07 PM
Hmmm, I should have known better than to ask :really:
Well considering I normally do not wear pyjamas, we might get back into another thread started by Amanda... On second thoughts, maybe not... :sick:

Franck.

Oh oh looks like it's back to that old "au natural" theme again:devil:

Would give the neighbours a few things to talk about!

How is your nipple problem John McAuley???:wink:

:cheers:

Sandy

PS Franck hope you have the 2 Sandra's on your list for the 22nd and of course we wouldn't miss the party for anything. There's always the "Tarts and Vicars" theme!

John McAulay
21st-August-2002, 01:36 PM
Even the members would have sore hands
talking so fast! about the goings on.

and yes Sandy I've missed you too!

John McAulay
21st-August-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
How is your nipple problem John McAuley???:wink:

:) Mines are fine now how's yours

Gus
21st-August-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by DJ Curtain
Were you aware that it was the Robbie Williams CD that packed in on me? WHAT THE H*LL WERE YOU DOING PLAYING ROBBIE???:tears:

What tracks are cerocable?? Methinks the failre of the CD was divine intervention!

Curtain
21st-August-2002, 02:19 PM
Don't have a fit Gus. The CD in question was Swing When You're Winning and the track was La Mer (Beyond the Sea). Good track by all accounts, provided of course it doesn't jump ..

La ... Bey ... That's where ... Golden Sand ...

You get the picture now?

Gus
21st-August-2002, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by DJ Curtain
Don't have a fit Gus. The CD in question was Swing When You're Winning and the track was La Mer (Beyond the Sea). Good track by all accounts, provided of course it doesn't jump ..

Apology (?) accepted.

Re Swing .... winning, best track is ...Ms Jones .... good floor filler down here.

Re Beyond the Sea, not a bad version but down south they prefer the Bobby Darin version (on Swing! album) ... probably agree with the Southerners (London) on that one even though as Robbie is a Stoke lad (my home town) tend to have a bit of bias in his favour.

John McAulay
21st-August-2002, 03:30 PM
Aw, go on Franck - I just couldn't guarantee my behaviour if you have lots of men in uniforms who can dance too:devil: :devil:

Right!

Back to the thread
Have tried to find a white Navy Officers Uniform in ABZ
and to my horror, unless you are vertically challenged
there's none to be had!

help! any idea's

Amanda
21st-August-2002, 03:54 PM
help! any idea's

In the scud, Naval hat and a couple of epaulettes superglued to your shoulders....

Amanda

John McAulay
21st-August-2002, 03:58 PM
just checking you were awake amanda!

John S
21st-August-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Amanda

In the scud, Naval hat and a couple of epaulettes superglued to your shoulders....

Amanda

You mean a sort of Navel Display uniform?

I won't even suggest judging on a Navel Rating basis, and as for Able Bodied Seaman, I would be scared I misspelled it.

You see, it's not only Franck who can make the bad jokes!!

Think we've lost the thread again:sorry

Sandy
21st-August-2002, 10:17 PM
Mines are fine now how's yours

Well, to get straight to the point(s) ....OK youv'e finally shut me up, lost for words, gone all shy!

Sandy:sorry

John McAulay
22nd-August-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Amanda

Amanda

This would be a real navel display, big gun and all. :eek:

This would only get us back to a three legged polka :what:

Franck
22nd-August-2002, 02:09 PM
Just a quick update to say that the workshops are filling up very fast... (within 2 days of opening the bookings, more than half the women spaces are already taken... and about a third of the men spaces, so if you are keen to go, make sure you email me or phone asap.

So far quite a few of you have opted for the Full Monty Special, which is great value at £40.00... We will all be leaving Glasgow together towards Aberdeen, and I am sure there will be a few spaces in cars for anyone interested...

Franck.

Sandy
22nd-August-2002, 03:47 PM

So far quite a few of you have opted for the Full Monty Special, which is great value at £40.00... We will all be leaving Glasgow together towards Aberdeen, and I am sure there will be a few spaces in cars for anyone interested...Two of us are planning to go to Glasgow on the Saturday, coming back for the party in Aberdeen at night. Does anyone want a lift? Don't know what time the class in Glasgow starts but am sure it will be somewhere on the website, just haven't looked yet.

Franck am assuming you have counted the "2 Sandra's" in your numbers??? If not can you please.:grin:

Cheers

Sandy

Franck
22nd-August-2002, 04:22 PM
Don't know what time the class in Glasgow starts but am sure it will be somewhere on the website, just haven't looked yet.

Franck am assuming you have counted the "2 Sandra's" in your numbers??? If not can you please.:grin: Hi Sandy,
You are indeed on my list already, for the Full Monty! :yum:

Both workshops will start at 11.00am (on time! so every one should turn up at 10.30/10.45am at the latest, and finish at 3.30pm, with a break for lunch.

I reckon we will all be dead by the end of it, but it will worthwhile. :what: :waycool:

Franck.

Sandy
22nd-August-2002, 04:59 PM
Hi Sandy,
You are indeed on my list already, for the Full Monty! :yum: Franck. :devil:

Only way to go

I reckon we will all be dead by the end of it, but it will worthwhile. :what: :waycool:

Dead but not down and out! A drive up the road and a few drinks and off to the party for even more fun (hope your'e working on that theme)
:wink: :yum:

I take it there is no bus from Aberdeen to Glasgow in the morning? Don't matter cos I can easily take car as indicated earlier.

Do you think Ceroc takes over lives??:really: Even when I am in a shop and I turn around to talk to someone, I do it with a little half spin now!! Walking down the road I do it with a swinging motion!!! Do I need help or is this usual for addicts:sick:

Still don't know how to split quotes but haven't given up trying - yet!

Sandy

John McAulay
22nd-August-2002, 05:02 PM
Yup! your hooked girl!

Still reading!

Sandy
22nd-August-2002, 05:06 PM
Yup! your hooked girl!

Still reading!

Seems I'm not the only addict! Not just for dancing - the forum demands quite a few hours from more than a few!! Do you think bosses will start investigations into how many hours employees spend on the Ceroc chat forum???

Still enjoying:wink:

Sandy

John McAulay
22nd-August-2002, 05:10 PM
If I thought what my boss thought was important, I may worry!:wink:

Franck
23rd-August-2002, 01:17 PM
Can you book for the Aberdeen workshop on it's own? - and name of a decent hotel please or at least the one where all the fun's gonna be:wink: Hi Sheena,

Good to see we have convinced you to go for the full 'Style Addicts' package...
There are a few reasonable hotels in Aberdeen, the Travelodge is only £45.00 per room, and if you have a buddy you can share with, it makes it fairly cheap!

I am also talking to another couple of hotels to see if they would do us a deal for several rooms... Watch this space.

I am so looking forward to that week-end, to be able to pick up new Style points for myself, and for the mad partying that will inevitably happen on Saturday night...

Franck.

John S
23rd-August-2002, 03:30 PM
I'll be doing the Grand Tour of Scotland that weekend (Fife - Glasgow - Aberdeen - Fife) so if anyone wants to hook up with me for the journey then please get in touch.

(To be honest, by the time the Sunday workshop comes around it won't be so much Style as Survival! :confused: )

For accommodation, it's always worth keeping an eye out for special offers from the likes of Travelodge and Premier Lodge (eg this weekend you could pick up a room at the Aberdeen Premier Lodge for £20).

Meantime you can always book up at the current rates, and if a better deal comes up then as long as you cancel (say, the Travelodge) before 4pm on the day then you won't be charged anything. You can book on line at www.travelodge.co.uk or at 08700 850950.

Franck
26th-August-2002, 11:49 AM
Already a change of plan for the party in September... The new venue will be the Aberdeen Northern Hotel, 1, Great Northern Rd, Aberdeen. This is a fabulous venue, well known to all Aberdeen dancers and we can now dance until 1.00am :grin:
As an added bonus, the Sunday workshop will also take place in the Northern Hotel. As a result, I thought it would make sense to stay there overnight. It is a bit more expensive than the Travelodges, but they do include a full cooked breakfast (and we might need it after the partying :wink: ) and you don't have to drive or travel after the party, and you can stumble straight out of bed into the workshop!
The normal cost is £75.00, but I have negotiated a discount: £62.50 per Double / Twin room. You can also get a Dinner Bed and Breakfast deal for an extra £10.00.
To book, phone 01224 483342 and mention you are part of the Ceroc party and the rate was authorized by Lorna.

Franck.

Janet
26th-August-2002, 03:27 PM
Good job, Franck! Sounds like a Fabulous deal to me!!! :grin:

Anyone else going fancy sharing a room? Doubles by prior audition only. :really: :wink:

Janet

Franck
2nd-September-2002, 11:40 PM
Just a small recap of events for those of you who got lost in the last 3 pages... :wink:

Programme for the Style week-end:

¥ Glasgow on Saturday 21st September: Footwork Frenzy Style workshop

¥ Party on the Saturday night, with a guest class from H and Kirsty:
No theme, we won't need an excuse to party... :nice:

¥ Aberdeen Sunday 22nd September: Smooth Grooves Style workshop
Become a smooth dancer!

Places for the workshops are disappearing fast and a (surprisingly) high number of people are mad enough to have booked for the full package!
Don't leave it to late, or you will regret it!. :tears:

Franck.

Grant
4th-September-2002, 03:22 PM
Franck
Are there any places left in the workshops?

Grant

Franck
4th-September-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Grant
Franck
Are there any places left in the workshops? Yep, still some left. Drop me an email / Private Message if you want to book.

Franck.

Grant
5th-September-2002, 01:08 PM
Franck,
Did you get my email? I want to be sure I'm on the workshop before I book the accomodation.:)

Grant

Franck
5th-September-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Grant
Did you get my email? I want to be sure I'm on the workshop before I book the accomodation.:) Hi Grant, I did get your email and replied yesterday, so you should have got it by now... (check your hotmail account!).

Franck.

P.S. I am now operating a waiting list for women on the Aberdeen workshop, so register soon if you want to be near the top!

Grant
5th-September-2002, 02:32 PM
Sorry Franck, I must have accidentally deleted it when I was getting rid of all my junk mail this morning:sorry :o .
If there was anything on it apart from a confirmation that I am on the workshops could you send it again.

Thanks,
Grant

Sandy
6th-September-2002, 11:06 AM
A fantastic week-end of Style and dancing with top guest teacher Humphrey Euwin and partner Kirsty.

Franck.

Are there any details on how to get to the Glasgow venue? I'm sure it's posted somewhere but can't find it! :sorry

Sandy

Franck
13th-September-2002, 12:51 PM
Are there any details on how to get to the Glasgow venue? I'm sure it's posted somewhere but can't find it! Hi Sandy,

I have had a bit of trouble confirming the venue for the Saturday workshop, but I have it sorted now.
The venue for the Footwork Frenzy workshop on Saturday 21st September in Glasgow will be:

The Woodside Hall
36 Glenfarg Street
Glasgow
G20 7QF

Click here to view a map to the Woodside Halls (http://www.multimap.co.uk/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&addr2=&advanced=&addr3=&pc=G207QF&quicksearch=G20+7QF)

Please note that you need to book in advance to attend either of the Style workshops.

Cheers Sandy and thanks for the dance yesterday :nice:

Franck.

Sandy
15th-September-2002, 01:31 PM
Please note that you need to book in advance to attend either of the Style workshops.

Cheers Sandy and thanks for the dance yesterday :nice:

Franck.

Hi Franck

Take it you got my cheque for myself and Sandra C. for the "Addicts"???

Oh shucks thanks Franck, play your cards right and I may manage another dance with you soon??:wink: :devil: