Minnie M
6th-January-2004, 12:49 AM
I'll be there :wink: you'll find me at Chez MaGresters

Lounge Lizard
6th-January-2004, 01:00 AM
I'm first in last out again so C U there

TheTramp
6th-January-2004, 01:05 AM
'Fraid you'll have to put up with me too.

Sorry :na:

Steve

Geordieed
6th-January-2004, 02:40 PM
Count me in:cheers:

Simon r
6th-January-2004, 05:35 PM
Has anyone got two spare places i know a couple desperate to go:tears:

Andy McGregor
6th-January-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Simon r
Has anyone got two spare places i know a couple desperate to go:tears:

At Hipsters on Friday we were told there were over 30 places left. Why not contact Franco. His details are below.

020 - 8861 2491
jive@jivetime.co.uk

Daisy
7th-January-2004, 12:11 AM
Sparkly pants Ray and I will be there so look forward to seeing you all.:kiss:

Jon L
7th-January-2004, 03:35 PM
Lory - I'll be there and time we got that dance. Ask Andy McG or Mrl. L to point me out to you.

Jon

Lory
7th-January-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Jon L
Lory - I'll be there and time we got that dance. Ask Andy McG or Mrl. L to point me out to you.

Jon Yes, definitely! I'm looking forward to it! :grin: And you ask Andy to point me out too, cos I'm very shy!:blush:

:rofl:

Andy McGregor
7th-January-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Lory
Yes, definitely! I'm looking forward to it! :grin: And you ask Andy to point me out too, cos I'm very shy!:blush:

"See that woman over there with the great wiggle, most hair (no more than that!) and brightest smile - that's Lory"

:devil:

Simon r
7th-January-2004, 08:24 PM
R U sure you are not talking about yourself there Andy:drool:

Andy McGregor
7th-January-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Simon r
R U sure you are not talking about yourself there Andy:drool:

I have more hair than Lory if you added my total wig collection together:wink: But Lory is so much better equipped to wiggle than I will ever be:devil:

stompin' phil
7th-January-2004, 10:45 PM
Will i be having the pleasure of a dance or 2 with you at Bognor
Mr McGregor?;)

Andy McGregor
7th-January-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by stompin' phil
Will i be having the pleasure of a dance or 2 with you at Bognor
Mr McGregor?;)

After the nice dance we had at the new year I'd love another, thank you:waycool:

stompin' phil
8th-January-2004, 12:04 AM
Andy

I thought you had forgotten all about that! what with all the excitement of the hour and moment.

My hands were shaking when you came up to me with your dress(kilt) on and looked at me with those Dark milk tray eyes of yours.
I just hope I can some how feel adequate to use 3 mins of your precious time on the dance floor.

I will not linger or even loiter after my allotted time with you but will fly like the wind until the moment again you will give me the pleasure of your hand:kiss:

Minnie M
8th-January-2004, 12:35 AM
I
Andy

I thought you had forgotten all about that! what with all the excitement of the hour and moment.

My hands were shaking when you came up to me with your dress(kilt) on and looked at me with those Dark milk tray eyes of yours.
I just hope I can some how feel adequate to use 3 mins of your precious time on the dance floor.

I will not linger or even loiter after my allotted time with you but will fly like the wind until the moment again you will give me the pleasure of your hand:kiss:

ahhhhhh :innocent: I do like a good yuck story :hug:

Jon L
8th-January-2004, 07:01 PM
Well here we are the night before the big event. Well Mr. Lizard will already have been hard at work laying the floor as always.

Drive safely on the way down, and those of you using the A29 beware ,there are some speed camera's that could catch you out and it's a bit twisty in parts!

See you tomorrow

:nice:

Lounge Lizard
8th-January-2004, 07:12 PM
Well here we are the night before the big event. Well Mr. Lizard will already have been hard at work laying the floor as always.

Drive safely on the way down, and those of you using the A29 beware ,there are some speed camera's that could catch you out and it's a bit twisty in parts!

See you tomorrow

:nice: Floors down, I'm shattered, ready for weekend tho [not looking forward to taking floor up Monday morning tho!
C U all there

Lory
9th-January-2004, 12:25 PM
Woo hoo!

I'm almost packed!

Picking Jo up around 1ish, so hopefully miss all the traffic and get there early!

Looking forward to seeing you all and having some great dances!:cheers: :hug:

p.s. I've got some sleeping tablets sorted, so maybe I might get more than 2 hrs sleep this time...... p l e a s e!:sick:

ChrisA
9th-January-2004, 12:29 PM
p.s. I've got some sleeping tablets sorted, so maybe I might get more than 2 hrs sleep this time...... p l e a s e!:sick:
That reminds me...

Earplugs.

Chris

Minnie M
12th-January-2004, 09:05 AM
Well what's the verdict folks?

Great seeing lots of forumites - but lots of faces missing (specially the Scottish ones)

Didn't have the normal buzz, but still had a great time. I think the numbers were down too, there was always room to dance. Thought everyone was in the swing room - BUT alas not :really:

The only REALLY bad DJ set was 'Angel' :confused: - thank God for Colin Shaul who followed her. If it was a normal dance I would have gone home. Last night Roger played more than a couple of 'dodgy' numbers (good time to go to the swing room) - came back when Paul Rose started :sick: to be more than pleased to hear Trampy -:wink: :cheers: :D

REALLY REALLY missed LL up there pushing the buttons (is that what they say these days :blush: )

Noticed Andy McG + Will are back on the forum this morning (thanks for the great dances guys) comments please :kiss:

Andy McGregor
12th-January-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Minnie M
Well what's the verdict folks?

snip

Noticed Andy McG + Will are back on the forum this morning (thanks for the great dances guys) comments please :kiss:

I had a relaxing weekend, a nice lie in both days and only did a few workshops. My fave workshop was N&N doing Lindy - they taught a good beginners lesson that made sense of Lindy. But I only did 4 workshops so others could have been better.

But I was there every night so can comment on what I saw of the DJs. IMHO the best DJ of the weekend was Nelson who played a fantastic set last thing on Sunday in the blues room - with the Tramp on Saturday night coming a close second. It was so good I stayed 'til 4am - which, I'm sure will have got me into trouble with Sue, I waved her off at about half past midnight saying 'I'll be right behind you, I'll just pop in and say goodnight to Steve...'

I agree with Minne, the weekend didn't have the buzz of Camber - but then Bognor never does. It's a different weekend at a different venue with different people - and I like the differences:D

Graham W
12th-January-2004, 01:23 PM
Disagree about Angel..., Minnie but not roger..thu apparently he played av good set at 'hipper than' hipsters last week.. :-)
Best set I heard was Colins on the last nite ..

G

Andy McGregor
12th-January-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Graham W
Disagree about Angel..., Minnie but not roger..thu apparently he played av good set at 'hipper than' hipsters last week.. :-)
Best set I heard was Colins on the last nite ..

G

I've always liked Colin's music. He did really well in difficult conditions on the first night too. He had decks that kept jumping and he had Elvis come and sing during his set too.

I forgot to menion, I met Chris for the first time on the Sunday night. He was taller, slimmer, younger, better looking and nicer than I was expecting and he was with one of the most striking looking women at Bognor too - in my opinion he doesn't deserve to live:devil:

Lory
12th-January-2004, 04:03 PM
It was my first time to Bognor and I personally had a fantastic time, I felt much more relaxed and I loved the seating arrangement, it gave me time to mix socially as well as being able to watch other people enjoying them selves whilst taking a much needed breather!
Sometimes at Camber It's just Go ~Go~ Go I find it hard to pace myself and the result has been a crumbling mess on Sunday night, this time I was still there till 4.15am
Thankyou to everyone who danced with me, to many to mention!

Going to bed now.....Trampy's DRAGGING me to Finchley tonight, ARGGGGGGGGGG:what: :cheers:

TheTramp
12th-January-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
I forgot to menion, I met Chris for the first time on the Sunday night. He was taller, slimmer, younger, better looking and nicer than I was expecting and he was with one of the most striking looking women at Bognor too - in my opinion he doesn't deserve to live:devil: He'll probably sleep (oops, sorry, meant dance, damn these non-typing fingers) with you too Andy :D :wink:

Steve

TheTramp
12th-January-2004, 04:23 PM
I had a pretty good time at Bognor too!

Agree that Nelson's last set of the weekend was full of great bluesy tunes. Really enjoyed dancing to it. Wasn't really in much of a dancing mood on Saturday or the first part of Sunday night (think I danced my feet off on Friday), but couldn't sit down for any of Nelsons tracks.

Nice to see the few forum people that were there. Meeting Sylph and realising who she is. And all the usual suspects.

Now, off to drag poor Lory out dancing tonight! Don't you all just pity her!

Steve

Minnie M
12th-January-2004, 05:16 PM
Really gutted I missed Nelson's set - just had to go home, was feeling really grot - been in bed most of today, got the Mcgrester bug (not necessarily from him, but sharing the chalet this weekend could not have helped)

Nelson is SO SO underated, his is should be up there with the best UK DJs - lucky people in the west as he is looking after Russel's events whilst he is away AND will be at Rock Bottom in Torquay too ! (down the road for him)

And they gave him the 'Grave Yard Slot' - hmmm....................

I forgot to mention, how could I :sad: - the amazing Bognor Cabaret - TOM JONES :wink: :sorry :really: (I think not) :rofl:

As Lory said - THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ASK ME TO DANCE :cheers: :kiss: :hug: (and the ones I aksed too of course for dancing with me)

Andy McGregor
12th-January-2004, 05:43 PM
I forgot to mention, how could I :sad: - the amazing Bognor Cabaret - TOM JONES :wink: :sorry :really: (I think not) :rofl:

Personally, I thought the Tom Jones cabaret was very good. I thought the selection of songs was wrong for MJ because most of them were too fast - but the actual performance was good. And Tom actually did double trouble with two women during one song. I'm not sure how good he was, I was dancing behind them with Neil at the time:devil:

stompin' phil
12th-January-2004, 06:23 PM
Really gutted I missed Nelson's set - just had to go home, was feeling really grot - been in bed most of today, got the Mcgrester bug (not necessarily from him, but sharing the chalet this weekend could not have helped)

Nelson is SO SO underated, his is should be up there with the best UK DJs - lucky people in the west as he is looking after Russel's events whilst he is away AND will be at Rock Bottom in Torquay too ! (down the road for him)And they gave him the 'Grave Yard Slot' - hmmm....................

The Stompin' crew have spotted his talents and you will see him djing at Stompin' in Brighton 2004 28/29th March in the Swing & Rockin' blues room Saturday night. Which is a lot closer for the South East brigade if your still on your petrol ration tickets.

ChrisA
12th-January-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

I had great time too. My grateful thanks to the individuals that made it so.

Thanks too to the Trampster for getting me out of the main hall and over to the blues room for Nelson's set - the last one of Sunday night.

It felt awesome, like being wrapped in velvet. It was a real wrench to have to finish at 4am.

The Tramp's sets were among my favourites too, as were LL's lunchtime tunes.

Right nuisances, though, both of them - listening to what they play is making me really fussy about music now :mad: :wink:

Though I disagree with Pete about the LA Ex remix we heard early Sunday night - I think it's great, and a breath of fresh air after hearing the original a million times. But I couldn't agree more about Katie Melua - get out there and buy the Cd today.

On the subject of LL, a fantastic effort and a hell of a lot of work providing the flooring from Pete and his crew. I got a very brief insight into what's involved over the weekend, and IMO he did a fantastic job.

Thanks, Pete, it couldn't have happened without it.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Chris.

Minnie M
12th-January-2004, 07:20 PM
The Stompin' crew have spotted his talents and you will see him djing at Stompin' in Brighton 2004 28/29th March in the Swing & Rockin' blues room Saturday night.

:kiss: :cheers: :hug: THANKS PHIL :hug:

Minnie M
12th-January-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
On the subject of LL, a fantastic effort and a hell of a lot of work providing the flooring from Pete and his crew. I got a very brief insight into what's involved over the weekend, and IMO he did a fantastic job.

Thanks, Pete, it couldn't have happened without it.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Chris.

ABSOLUTELY TOP MAN
THREE CHEERS FOR PETE

Jon L
12th-January-2004, 07:54 PM
Evening - well I have been asleep for several hours this pm ZZZZZ!!

Right things I liked about this weekend were

1) Less people around meant more space to dance and a very friendly atmosphere

2) Floor was 10 metres longer each side well done Mr LL superb job, please come back to the DJing booth in the evenings soon - we missed you.

3) A lot of fun with the workshops - did a lot of them this time 10 of them in all. Some I learnt good discipline from 'High Velocity Jive' and of course some fun ones with double trouble and awesome foursome. and a certain one on Saturday afternoon :wink: that is worth a thread by itself and I'll leave it for someone else to start one.

4) Meeting familiar faces and one or two new ones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing I wasn't so keen on was

1) Cutting the lessons short apparently this was beyond Franco's control

2) The music on Friday evening was a bit pants and I wasn't keen on the cabaret :sorry To be fair however I was a bit off form dancingwise on Friday,.Sat and Sun I was in much better form.

3) Missing Pammy - you were missed :sad:

Thanks to everyone I danced with see you somewhere soon :cheers: :hug:

Minnie M
12th-January-2004, 08:06 PM
2) The music on Friday evening was a bit pants and I wasn't keen on the cabaret :sorry ..........................

Do you mean the incredible and amazing (not) TOM JONES !:really: :yum: :sick:

Jon L
12th-January-2004, 08:07 PM

Yep

Chris
12th-January-2004, 08:24 PM
Just back, total zombie mode of course (no point in sleeping sunday night when I can sleep on the plane/train), but one of my most enjoyable Bognor/Cambers so far. Not necessarily that it was better - maybe enjoying it more comes with practice :D The experience is so personal and little things like choice of chalet mates or physical fitness that weekend can be really important.

My own highlights (so many, but particularly) :

Probably the most interesting people to watch I found (for me) were David & Lily - separate or together (hey! we can mention you too with impunity - everyone does! :D Lily does some nice shapesy thingies and David's curious charm (I've come to the sleep-deprived opinion) seems to be from his being pretty good but really not giving a t*ss. (if Bognor was West Coast Swing . . .) :waycool:
Getting nailed for a fabulous dance by a lady who always finds me at these weekends and blows me away beautifully - but I either always forget to ask her name or forget her name . . . :(
Dancing ceroc and blues with a wonderful salsero (my present ideal), feeling humble and honoured, only to find she liked my style, unbelievably, and danced with her continuously in the blues room till she had to go home (yeah, forgot about the 'name' thing again . . . ).
Chatting for about an hour about different types and methods of dance styling with Roi Forbes. (I do love talking dance - wish more people did).
The social bit - my fave - sitting down with friends and cooking dinner for each other; and later having a nice crowd of people back to the chalet till the early hours (and bemoaning the lack of a chip shop on site!!)

Oh and nearly forgot - stalking the wonderfully inventive (and come to think of it, not bad looking) Holly Shannon for a last dance (with lots of room for the dj thanks to him playing into 'extra time') - such a change from what is almost recognisable as a 'usual competition style' :devil: :grin:

Met a few forumite for the first time (or they found me) - mostly after a fab dance - you don't want me to name you do you? (sorry Andy - I was too knackered to want to do much by Nelson's set except slob out, listen to the music and enjoy watching friends dance - next time eh? :wink: )

Bognor vs Cambers IMO:
_Cambers has more 'buzz' as it's more established, usually seems to sell out, and both dance floors are in the same building (handy when it's bad weather). Cambers seems more likely to go on an extra hour (till 5 or 6am if I remember right).
_Bognor is much easier to get to, has much nicer chalets, and has a Waterworld (which I've been promising myself to go to for three years now and still not managed it!) Easier to book, less planning needed. More laid back maybe?

DJs:
I'm sure lots of people thought "If only I ran Bognor . . ." but the major quibbles seem to be well known, and there's probably old friendships or politics involved, that I'd rather not know about - the end result was ok - anytime I got bored with one room the other one was fine.

Workshops:
Played that lovely game that I also do with the tv times - leisurely circle with anticipation, revise it every night with good intentions (before letting sleep take over) and revising it again on a twice daily basis (haha!) and not actually getting to much except the freestyles (7 hrs a night not bad). :blush:

Two Forum users in particular this trip (Hipsters and Bognor) - met for the first time - such wonderful dances - thank you!!

And it's nice to know some people are long enough in the tooth not to take it personally if a lot of people apparently get upset by things I say on the Forum.

x

plankton
12th-January-2004, 08:35 PM

Agree that Nelson's last set of the weekend was full of great bluesy tunes. Really enjoyed dancing to it. Wasn't really in much of a dancing mood on Saturday or the first part of Sunday night (think I danced my feet off on Friday), but couldn't sit down for any of Nelsons tracks.

Nice to see the few forum people that were there. Meeting Sylph and realising who she is. And all the usual suspects.

Now, off to drag poor Lory out dancing tonight! Don't you all just pity her!

Steve

Steve , thank you for the last dance, Michele says she will (may) forgive you in due course :rofl:

agree that Nelson's tunes were great. so many people missed Paul Rose's set on Friday night which was also very good. but we had danced the last 8-10 tracks alone and crashed out about 3.30. With the exception of one set that got too loud there was dancable music from Friday to Monday ....couldn't ask for more , except perhaps a softer floor ( my knees and shins are killing me today).

cheers

Sylph
13th-January-2004, 12:12 AM
Enjoyed my 1st Bognor!

Some initial problems with the Butlins booking-in system were quickly and charmingly sorted out by Rebecca. :hug:

I had decided at the last minute, with encouragement from the McGregster :kiss:and taken up a cancellation. I was very fortunate to find myself sharing with some lovely people who made me feel very welcome-Sue, John, Geoff, Steve and Pete.:D

Met Jan (a very memorable lady) and Rob for the first time and blew my cover with the Tramp too late in the day to achieve more than a mere snippet of a dance (you owe me!). :wink:

It was good to renew acquaintances with people I hadn't seen for a long time.

My collar-bone was "broken" by a Friday-night (over-)enthusiast and cured by a wonderful massage from Marie. That woman has healing in her hands!:cheers:

Enjoyed a glorious variety of dancing experiences and was sad to have to leave on Sunday afternoon. :tears:

ChrisA
13th-January-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Sylph
My collar-bone was "broken" by a Friday-night (over-)enthusiast I trust he's now in hospital, contemplating how better to apply his enthusiasm.. :mad:

Chris

Andy McGregor
13th-January-2004, 01:27 AM

Well I liked Tom. I thought he lightened the mood of the evening - and because he covered such fast tracks he probably boosted attendance in the Blues room:devil:

I know Tom Jones is a star but maybe next time he'll take some advice and sing more jiveable tracks!

ChrisA
13th-January-2004, 01:34 AM
- and because ... he probably boosted attendance in the Blues room:devil:

Well done, Andy, for spotting the only conceivable benefit of that part of the eveing.

Chris

Andy McGregor
13th-January-2004, 01:43 AM
Well done, Andy, for spotting the only conceivable benefit of that part of the eveing.

Chris

This season I will be mostly being positive - mostly:devil:

Will
13th-January-2004, 02:52 AM
This was my first Bognor, and I have to say I'm a convert from Camber. Accomodation and the overall venue was way better!

My only issue with Bognor was as Chris has already mentioned - the lack of a chip shop (or any other source of food after 9pm).

DavidB
13th-January-2004, 03:07 AM
I had a great Friday night. Loads of dancing. Loads of chatting. It helped that I was drunk...

Unfortunately Saturday wasn't as good. 12 weeks of not practising, and 6 weeks of non-stop colds and flu finally caught up with me. I didn't realise how tired I was until we went to get our Baby Aerials class filmed. I was having to stop after every move just to get my breath back. By the time the freestyle started on Saturday night I'd virtually had it. (Chris - I didn't have the energy to "give a t*ss"! :) ) This was a shame, because just about everything else about the freestyle was very good. I enjoyed almost all the music, the floor was good, there was room to dance, and loads of people to dance with.

- I still think there needs to be some helpers at each class to sort out the rotation.
- I'd be tempted to put the teachers' stage in the small room in the middle of the dance floor - then more people can see the teachers.
- I was surprised the bar closed so early, although in hindsight this was probably good for me!

David

Mikey
13th-January-2004, 11:05 AM
Well I liked Tom. I thought he lightened the mood of the evening - and because he covered such fast tracks he probably boosted attendance in the Blues room:devil:

I know Tom Jones is a star but maybe next time he'll take some advice and sing more jiveable tracks!

Funny how you seem to be alone in your admiration of Tom Jones, mind you, i expect it has nothing to do with the fact you were dancing on stage for his sad cabaret eh :devil:

Yes Andy you were wonderfull of course and Tom would have been nothing without you...:rofl:

Lory
13th-January-2004, 11:13 AM
WHO ELSE FEELS LIKE THEY've BEEN KICKED ALL OVER? :rolleyes: :sick:

Mikey
13th-January-2004, 11:17 AM

"TOM JONES IMPERSONATOR":wink:

Pammy
13th-January-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Will
the lack of a chip shop (or any other source of food after 9pm).

Typical Will :wink: :grin: !!!

Dreadful Scathe
13th-January-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Mikey
Yes Andy you were wonderfull of course and Tom would have been nothing without you...:rofl:

The forum would be nothing without you Mikey. Dull, very dull. If you fancy Andy can you stop being so subtle about it, just ask him out to dinner :D

Mikey
13th-January-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
The forum would be nothing without you Mikey. Dull, very dull. If you fancy Andy can you stop being so subtle about it, just ask him out to dinner :D

If i ever "asked Andy out" as you put it, dinner would not be on the agenda.. sorry i'm so dull for you,.... :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-January-2004, 11:49 AM
If i ever "asked Andy out" as you put it, dinner would not be on the agenda..

:what: Its customary to at least buy dinner first :D

sorry i'm so dull for you, since your obviously such an interesting person.... :wink:

No, I said the forum would be dull! You're anything but dull :D

Mikey
13th-January-2004, 11:56 AM
:what: Its customary to at least buy dinner first :D

No, I said the forum would be dull! You're anything but dull :D

My apologies, having finished Bognor at 4am on sunday and buzzing, i only had an hours sleep till i had to get up to meet LL and lift the 5 tons or so of dance floor, stack it and transport it all downstairs.. I goy home at 7pm last night.. i woke up an hour or so ago.. :tears: Shattered and reading, before thinking... Sorry tiger:sorry

Minnie M
13th-January-2004, 12:18 PM
Funny how you seem to be alone in your admiration of Tom Jones, mind you, i expect it has nothing to do with the fact you were dancing on stage for his sad cabaret eh :devil:

Funny you should say that - it is exactly what Neil H said about his appearance on stage at this time :rofl: :rofl:

Lynn
13th-January-2004, 12:37 PM
Sounds like a great weekend. Wish I’d gone. :tears:

Andy McGregor
13th-January-2004, 12:44 PM
The guy who sang as Tom Jones on the Friday night at Bognor was in my opinion a good singer. And he is obviously a modern jiver as he did double trouble while on stage. This means that there is a very good chance he will get to hear or even see what is written about him on this Forum.

The comments about 'Tom' on this thread have been rude and thoughless of his feelings. He got up and entertained us and he did a very good impression of Tom Jones. Some of the music he chose to sing was a bit too fast to dance to - but we we did have many hours of freestyle so sitting out a few to watch wasn't a great loss, and there was another room to dance in if people really didn't like it.

We are making our comments in the public domain and we should all be mindful of the feelings of the people we are rude about - I know from experience that this is the wrong thing to do, I was rude about a DJ after Camber and now regret any upset I may have caused and realise I should have confined my comments to a private conversation. And I truly believe that this is where the comments about 'Tom' belong as well.

ChrisA
13th-January-2004, 12:46 PM
I've got quite a few bruises. Some of the girls' elbows really flail around :tears:

Chris

ChrisA
13th-January-2004, 01:02 PM
He got up and entertained us and he did a very good impression of Tom Jones.
Agreed.

It wasn't a big deal for me - I got a drink, changed my shirt, wandered around for a bit. But my own preference would have been for a dance-related cabaret, or none at all.

It just seemed strange to me - as if he'd come to the wrong gig. I'm sure he'd be great at the right one - as you say, he could sing and perform Ok.

Chris

Minnie M
13th-January-2004, 01:08 PM
We are making our comments in the public domain and we should all be mindful of the feelings of the people we are rude about - ............

True !

Mind you your Elvis last year wasn't too bad, at least you didn't clear the floor then - Sorry 'Tom/Elvis' IMHO you looked as if you are good dancer and you were entertainment but ..............

Minnie Mouse (aka Lynda)

(woops - see next post - I pressed quote and not edit )

Minnie M
13th-January-2004, 01:09 PM
True !

Mind you your Elvis last year wasn't too bad, at least you didn't clear the floor then - Sorry 'Tom/Elvis' IMHO you looked as if you are good dancer and you were entertainment but ..............

I HEREBY APOLOGISE for my unkind words

Minnie Mouse (aka Lynda)

Mikey
13th-January-2004, 01:20 PM
The guy who sang as Tom Jones on the Friday night at Bognor was in my opinion a good singer. And he is obviously a modern jiver as he did double trouble while on stage. This means that there is a very good chance he will get to hear or even see what is written about him on this Forum.

The comments about 'Tom' on this thread have been rude and thoughless of his feelings. He got up and entertained us and he did a very good impression of Tom Jones. Some of the music he chose to sing was a bit too fast to dance to - but we we did have many hours of freestyle so sitting out a few to watch wasn't a great loss, and there was another room to dance in if people really didn't like it.

We are making our comments in the public domain and we should all be mindful of the feelings of the people we are rude about - I know from experience that this is the wrong thing to do, I was rude about a DJ after Camber and now regret any upset I may have caused and realise I should have confined my comments to a private conversation. And I truly believe that this is where the comments about 'Tom' belong as well.

I don't think anyone has been directly rude about the chap who actually did the cabaret, all the comments have been about the actual choice of cabaret, not the person who did it. If Tom Jones himself had done exactly what the other guy did, the only difference would have been the fact we were all impressed it was the real Tom Jones, but i doubt you would have found the floor with more dancers on it as a result !!!

I think your just upset Andy , cos your were invoved and it was naff.... I have yet to see Neil H or anyone else who danced on stage during the performance on here telling us about it...

So lets just agree, it was naff as a choice, no one is or intending a persoanl attack on the performer, to be honest i admire his guts for doing it in the first place. It's worrying enough sometimes getting up to just teach a class to people who want to do it, let alone a cabaret to 100's who did not ask to see it...

CJ
13th-January-2004, 01:25 PM
But it got me thinking...

Does anyone actually get the point of second rate imposters earning money on the back of someone else's talent, dedication and hard work? Oops, did I type that? I meant "tribute acts":rolleyes:

Mikey
13th-January-2004, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
But it got me thinking...

Does anyone actually get the point of second rate imposters earning money on the back of someone else's talent, dedication and hard work? Oops, did I type that? I meant "tribute acts":rolleyes:

Based on what you just said at least we can be comforted by the assurance that no one will ever be doing a "tribute" act of Andy MaGregor eh?!:rofl:

Liz
13th-January-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Lynn
Sounds like a great weekend. Wish I’d gone. :tears:

Hi Lynne,

Perhaps Southport [just north of Liverpool] will be easier for you to get to. There's a weekend MJ event there 14-17 May. Check out www.jiveaddiction.com.

Great line-up of teachers too. Should be great fun.

Pammy
13th-January-2004, 02:58 PM
3) Missing Pammy - you were missed :sad:

Ahhh, thanks :hug:

Now, back to Tom Jones; As far as I'm concerned, Tom is da man! :grin:

Px

Jon L
13th-January-2004, 04:05 PM
As it happens I am not a massive fan of cabarets in weekenders generally unless it is an open champion, for example: Matthew and Nicole Cutler at Rebel Yell. Long cabarets take up a lot of time and the one at Camber Nov 2003 had too many acts in it if I am honest .

The best cabaret at a general weekender I saw was at Stompin in Brighton when it was two records and all the teachers were on together in freestyle and then off in 10 minutes, and you could see everyone in action.

Hope that explains the comment I made about me not being keen on Friday

Lounge Lizard
13th-January-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
- I'd be tempted to put the teachers' stage in the small room in the middle of the dance floor - then more people can see the teachers.
David I suggested this when we were laying floor, please mention it to franco
peter

Sheepman
13th-January-2004, 04:27 PM
So did anyone who was at Bognor sneak a look into the "Boogaloo Blues festival" that was going on down there at the same time. I was very tempted to go just to this myself to see some fab bands, but I wouldn't have been able to put up with the smoke.

Greg

Lounge Lizard
13th-January-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
So did anyone who was at Bognor sneak a look into the "Boogaloo Blues festival" that was going on down there at the same time. I was very tempted to go just to this myself to see some fab bands, but I wouldn't have been able to put up with the smoke.

Greg I had a free pas for the boogaloo event (I also dj for them) but did not bother using it - smoke etc.
pp

Lynn
13th-January-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Liz
Hi Lynne,

Perhaps Southport [just north of Liverpool] will be easier for you to get to. There's a weekend MJ event there 14-17 May. Check out www.jiveaddiction.com.

Great line-up of teachers too. Should be great fun.
Thanks Liz, checked flights for those dates, £28 Belfast - Liverpool return - so will look into that!:cheers:

Sorry, going off thread... :blush:

Back to Bognor...

Sylph
13th-January-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman

Greg

I did take wander into the Jazz festival which was a depressing spectacle. It was around lunchtime on the Saturday and I got the impression that everyone was completely p****d and moribund:devil: so did not tarry to investigate further. Quite a contrast! :D

Minnie M
13th-January-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Sylph
I did take wander into the Jazz festival which was a depressing spectacle. It was around lunchtime on the Saturday and I got the impression that everyone was completely p****d and moribund:devil: so did not tarry to investigate further. Quite a contrast! :D

Boogaloo was NOT the jazz festival, Dale & I went in there by mistake :sad:

Boogaloo which is more R & B & Swing rather than Jazz, had Mike Sanchez playing of Big Town Playboys :cheers: ! They were in JAX or was it Jacks :confused:

Chris
13th-January-2004, 11:39 PM
"I forgot to menion, I met Chris for the first time on the Sunday night. He was taller, slimmer, younger, better looking and nicer than I was expecting and he was with one of the most striking looking women at Bognor too - in my opinion he doesn't deserve to live"

I passed your compliment on to Sarah (who I think it was you meant, as I introduced you) and said she didn't need compliments, but she said a woman always needs compliments lol!

Thought you might like a picture (and I'm sure she would have given you more dances if you'd asked her! - she said she very much enjoyed dancing with you.)

The other very striking lady I was with at the weekend was the wonderful Amanda, who you also danced with.

Sarah and Amanda are close pals and we all had chalets together (three single chalets are great for parties!!!)

As to the 'slimmer' bit that's probably just me breathing in . . .

Jon L
14th-January-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Chris
"I forgot to menion, I met Chris for the first time on the Sunday night. He was taller, slimmer, younger, better looking and nicer than I was expecting and he was with one of the most striking looking women at Bognor too - in my opinion he doesn't deserve to live"

I passed your compliment on to Sarah (who I think it was you meant, as I introduced you) and said she didn't need compliments, but she said a woman always needs compliments lol!

Thought you might like a picture (and I'm sure she would have given you more dances if you'd asked her! - she said she very much enjoyed dancing with you.)

The other very striking lady I was with at the weekend was the wonderful Amanda, who you also danced with.

Sarah and Amanda are close pals and we all had chalets together (three single chalets are great for parties!!!)

As to the 'slimmer' bit that's probably just me breathing in . . .

I also got to dance with Sarah as well on Sunday night - she was very pleasant and I was very impressed that you had come so far, She may remember me, I had a black shirt on with white stripes and at the end of the dance I wished her a safe journey home

Andy McGregor
14th-January-2004, 01:35 AM
I also got to dance with Sarah as well on Sunday night - she was very pleasant and I was very impressed that you had come so far,

Very pleasant! She was a Goddess:waycool:

And it gets worse. Earlier tonight I opened the picture Chris had posted. Sue spotted it and said 'I remember dancing with him, he was wearing a really nice suit and was quite charming'.:sick:

Chris mate, you go on holiday with babes, my wife thinks you're charming - I'd be very careful crossing the road if I were you:devil:

TheTramp
14th-January-2004, 02:02 AM
And it gets worse. Earlier tonight I opened the picture Chris had posted. Sue spotted it and said 'I remember dancing with him, he was wearing a really nice suit and was quite charming'.:sick: Yeah. Well, you wifes taste in men has always obviously been very dodgy!!! :devil:

Steve

Jon L
14th-January-2004, 02:06 AM
Very pleasant! She was a Goddess:waycool:

And it gets worse. Earlier tonight I opened the picture Chris had posted. Sue spotted it and said 'I remember dancing with him, he was wearing a really nice suit and was quite charming'.:sick:

Chris mate, you go on holiday with babes, my wife thinks you're charming - I'd be very careful crossing the road if I were you:devil:

I also remember telling her about the Southport weekender so I guess Andy my man! we'll both have to go North and dance with them again

Andy McGregor
14th-January-2004, 02:38 AM
Yeah. Well, you wife's taste in men has always obviously been very dodgy!!! :devil:

Steve

Not until she met me:devil:

TheTramp
14th-January-2004, 02:46 AM
Not until she met me:devil: Okie. Fair point. Some credit to Sue. It did go rapidly downhill then though!! :D

Steve

Chris
14th-January-2004, 05:22 AM
Earlier tonight I opened the picture Chris had posted. Sue spotted it and said 'I remember dancing with him, he was wearing a really nice suit and was quite charming'.:sick:

Well I'm pleased I made a good impression on Sue - I only wish I had been aware of the pleasure at the time. I certainly hope I was charming to her. If I wasn't, then I would be very careful crossing the road of course
:wink:

Find time I'd met Andy McG and he certainly came across as a gentleman and considerate dancer - Sue made a good choice if you ask me.

I'm very lucky in that Sarah and Amanda are perfect dance holiday companions - great cooks, intelligent company, beautiful dancers and very pleasing on the eye. Amanda helped me teach some of the spectacular moves workshops and Sarah may help out with the kinetic imagery ones. The journeys to these weekends are so long it's good to have people to chat to for at least part of the way as well. I've always been very lucky with the people I've shared with at weekends and I think it's one of the main reasons I've enjoyed them so much. That these people put up with me is even more amazing! :D

Sylph
14th-January-2004, 08:20 AM
Boogaloo was NOT the jazz festival, Dale & I went in there by mistake :sad:

Boogaloo which is more R & B & Swing rather than Jazz, had Mike Sanchez playing of Big Town Playboys :cheers: ! They were in JAX or was it Jacks :confused:

:confused: The venue I ventured into had "Jazz" on the door. Must have missed the small print :wink:

Minnie M
14th-January-2004, 10:26 AM
Met up with some dancing friends last night who went to Boogaloo at Bognor- they tried to get in to our event as they wanted a good dance and there weren't many dancers with that lot - wish I had known that at the time, could have swopped places for a couple of hours, if only just to see and hear Mike Sanchez :waycool:

sorry off thread (a little)

PS: He is playing at The 100 Club, London on the 31st - if anyone is curious, however it will cost £10 (I think)

Rachel
14th-January-2004, 01:57 PM
.... great cooks, intelligent company, beautiful dancers and very pleasing on the eye. No, I'm sorry - all that talent in one person (or even two) ... it's just not possible, is it? Someone please tell me it's not???

Mind you, we met Mikey's girlfriend at the weekend. She's sooo beautiful that I was sure she'd be horrible ... But she's absolutely lovely.

Anyway - the weekend as a whole .... It was fantastic that we were able to come down at the last minute. (Thanks Peter & Mikey - we are eternally grateful!!!)

I loved it all. Even the Tom Jones impersonator didn't get me down too much, since he didn't go on for too long.

The music was great, in general - some of the best sets I've ever heard at one of these weekends (only the occasional bad choice of song, really). In fact, the music was so good in the main hall, that I almost forgot to visit the blues room. However, we did, and I remain a big fan of Nelson Rose.

Dancing was brilliant!! And having space to dance, too. Though I had a real off-night on the Saturday - honestly, what a time to be dancing badly when I had the chance to dance with Viktor, Nigel, Roger Chin, Tramp, ... I shall be embarrassed forever more! At least I got to dance again with Tramp on Sunday - none of the others came near me again!

Peter - thanks so much for feeding us. And giving us the chance to meet so many others, including Marianne, Dangerous Curves, Lory, etc, etc. Wonderful people!

You're an amazing cook - I couldn't believe my eyes. I was expecting sandwiches and us all to be sat on the floor. You're another extremely talented individual! I was so pleased we got to dance - eventually.

And Mikey - well, what can I say? Without you, it all would have been impossible! You are, without doubt, the most outrageous teacher and one of the funniest people I have ever met. I think you've corrupted my poor innocent boy forever ... (Thanks!!)

Hope to see you at the next Camber/Southport.
Rachel xxx

TheTramp
14th-January-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
Dancing was brilliant!! And having space to dance, too. Though I had a real off-night on the Saturday - honestly, what a time to be dancing badly when I had the chance to dance with Viktor, Nigel, Roger Chin, Tramp, ... I shall be embarrassed forever more! At least I got to dance again with Tramp on Sunday - none of the others came near me again!Their loss.... *shrug*

Steve

Lory
14th-January-2004, 02:26 PM

Mind you, we met Mikey's girlfriend at the weekend. She's sooo beautiful that I was sure she'd be horrible ... But she's absolutely lovely.

I couldn't agree more!:) I've known her a little longer than you and my opinion hasn't changed! :nice:

Dancing was brilliant!! And having space to dance, too. Though I had a real off-night on the Saturday Its so nice for me to hear that even good dancers like you also have 'off' nights!:sick:

Peter - thanks so much for feeding us. And giving us the chance to meet so many others, including Marianne, Dangerous Curves, Lory, etc, etc. Wonderful people!

It was great to meet you too! :hug: :kiss:

Rachel
14th-January-2004, 02:42 PM
I couldn't agree more!:) I've known her a little longer than you and my opinion hasn't changed! :nice:

Its so nice for me to hear that even good dancers like you also have 'off' nights!:sick:

It was great to meet you too! :hug: :kiss: I have so many off-nights, anyone else would describe it as 'a bad dancer who has occasional good nights'! Saturday was particularly 'off', though, because Marc and I were having an argument. Or, actually, we would have been having an argument if I could have found him all night!! All made up now, though ...
R.

Rachel
14th-January-2004, 02:45 PM
...I remain a big fan of Nelson Rose.... Ooops, I mean Paul Rose, of course.

ChrisA
14th-January-2004, 02:46 PM
I have so many off-nights, anyone else would describe it as 'a bad dancer who has occasional good nights'! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I reckon this is going to be the winner of the "biggest load of cobblers posted on the forum" award for January.

Chris

Mikey
14th-January-2004, 02:47 PM

Mind you, we met Mikey's girlfriend at the weekend. She's sooo beautiful that I was sure she'd be horrible ... But she's absolutely lovely. [/i]
[B]

Christine will love you for that...

[QUOTE][i]
And Mikey - well, what can I say? Without you, it all would have been impossible! You are, without doubt, the most outrageous teacher and one of the funniest people I have ever met. I think you've corrupted my poor innocent boy forever ... (Thanks!!)

Hope to see you at the next Camber/Southport.
Rachel xxx

I don't think I corrupted the boy, more like I unleashed him :really:
Thankyou most humbly for your compliments on my teaching:nice:

On a final note, You and Mark did me a great favour coming down to Bognor at the last minute and i am so glad you did, Mark was as responsible for the success of the class as I and Marianne were, which is why i made a point of thanking him for his input on stage at the time. He deserved the credit :cheers:

Lory
14th-January-2004, 02:48 PM
Or, actually, we would have been having an argument if I could have found him all night!! All made up now, though ...
R. I danced with Marc on Saturday night and I don't think HE knew where he was either! :wink:
must have been all the 'excitement' of the day! (i've seen the photo's of the rehursals you know :yum::yum: ):rofl:

Rachel
14th-January-2004, 03:23 PM
I don't think I corrupted the boy, more like I unleashed him :really:
Thankyou most humbly for your compliments on my teaching:nice:

On a final note, You and Mark did me a great favour coming down to Bognor at the last minute and i am so glad you did, Mark was as responsible for the success of the class as I and Marianne were, which is why i made a point of thanking him for his input on stage at the time. He deserved the credit :cheers: I overheard so many good comments on your teaching over the weekend!

I think it's a bit of an overstatement that Marc was as responsible for the success of the class as you and Marianne (wow - wasn't she so perfect at all that oozing sordid sexuality stuff!). But he really enjoyed doing it (the class) with you and was so chuffed that you credited him on stage. He always used to make me sit down and watch your workshops when they came up on Camber videos - little did he realise he'd actually get the chance to participate like that!

That's a great picture - thanks!
R x

Rachel
14th-January-2004, 03:26 PM
I danced with Marc on Saturday night and I don't think HE knew where he was either! :wink:
must have been all the 'excitement' of the day! (i've seen the photo's of the rehursals you know :yum::yum: ):rofl: Ummm, yes - I blame Peter Philips and his generosity on the alcohol front ...!! Someone even said they were convinced Marc fell asleep while he was dancing with them....

You'll definitely have to grab Marc another day for a better dance.

Bet the photos are good! Are there any of the spitroast??

Jon L
14th-January-2004, 03:31 PM
Ummm, yes - I blame Peter Philips and his generosity on the alcohol front ...!! Someone even said they were convinced Marc fell asleep while he was dancing with them....

Has Mr. Lizard been on that super strength version of the Bud again ??? :really: and by the sound of it got Marc on it as well!

Lounge Lizard
14th-January-2004, 03:54 PM
Ummm, yes - I blame Peter Philips and his generosity on the alcohol front ...!! Moi:innocent:
At least Marc made it to the dance hall on Saturday, which is more than I did:wink:
glad you enjoyed dinner, think it was about 20 of us in all
peter

Lory
14th-January-2004, 03:57 PM

You'll definitely have to grab Marc another day for a better dance.

It's OK he redeemed him self on the Sunday night! :grin:

[

Bet the photos are good! Are there any of the spitroast?? I can't remember now, there were so many! I'll ask Di!:hug:

Minnie M
14th-January-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
At least Marc made it to the dance hall on Saturday, which is more than I did:wink:

I didn't get there till 1am ! :blush:

ChrisA
14th-January-2004, 04:48 PM

Yeah but you and Steve must have been the first in there on the Sunday :D :D

Chris

jiveclone
14th-January-2004, 05:34 PM
Bognor vs Cambers IMO:
_Bognor is much easier to get to, has much nicer chalets,

So far as the chalets are concerned, which are better depends on what chalet you are in.

The Top chalets at Bognor are better than the Top chalets at Camber.

However, I think that the Mid chalets at Camber are better than the Mid chalets at Bognor (at least the Mid 1/2, maybe the Mid4/5 are different?).

TheTramp
14th-January-2004, 05:40 PM
The Top chalets at Bognor are better than....

My flat.

I'm thinking of moving down there permanently!! :D

Steve

Lounge Lizard
14th-January-2004, 05:45 PM
Yeah but you and Steve must have been the first in there on the Sunday :D :D

Chris yes 4.30am till 7.oo - wish you lot could dance on carpet.
if you include all the double handling
loading from store in Eastbourne to carpark.........[2]
Forklift to loading bay onto dance floor and lay it.[2]
Then lift it load to to car park with fork lift..........[2]
load onto van to unload into Eastbourne store.....[2]
I/we have shifted the Bl###y dance floor............[8] times
The gross weight of boards is 8 tonne so I/we have effectively manhandled over 64 tonnes of flooring in the last week:what:
No wonder I am still shattered

TheTramp
14th-January-2004, 05:46 PM
From what I saw of the cabaret, didn't Steve move all that, one handed. In one trip? :na:

Steve

Mikey
14th-January-2004, 05:49 PM
yes 4.30am till 7.oo - wish you lot could dance on carpet.
The gross weight of boards is 8 tonne so I/we have effectively manhandled over 64 tonnes of flooring in the last week:what:

Lets not forget all those exhausting extra curricular activities as well eh.. LL.. :wink: remind me again , why you never made it on saturday night to dance ?:really:

ChrisA
14th-January-2004, 05:50 PM
No wonder I am still shattered And like I said earlier - fantastic job, massively appreciated. :cheers:

Is your finger Ok?

Chris

Mikey
14th-January-2004, 05:51 PM
And like I said earlier - fantastic job, massively appreciated. :cheers:

Is your finger Ok?

Chris

I don't think Chris it was his finger that got sore:what:

ChrisA
14th-January-2004, 05:51 PM
Lets not forget all those exhausting extra curricular activities as well eh.. LL.. :wink: remind me again , why you never made it on saturday night to dance ?:really:
:sick: :really:

I obviously only just got outa there in time...

Chris

Rachel
14th-January-2004, 05:52 PM
The first time we went to Bognor, 2 years ago, we were in a mid-chalet which was about twice the size of the flat we were living in at the time.

It was also the first time we'd had access to a tv, microwave and proper heating in months. It was very hard to drag ourselves out of the chalet at all!
R.

Jesus, what am I doing on the internet - I'm supposed to be on my way to Margate ...

Rachel
14th-January-2004, 05:55 PM
Lets not forget all those exhausting extra curricular activities as well eh.. LL.. :wink: remind me again , why you never made it on saturday night to dance ?:really: Oh, so now it comes out! (Or is that, goes in ...?). And there was me feeling sorry for LL that he missed Sat night. Misplaced sympathy if ever there was!!
R.

Will
14th-January-2004, 05:55 PM
The Top chalets at Bognor are better than....

My flat.

Steve
Yeah, but then so is Embankment Underground Station. :sick:

Rachel
14th-January-2004, 05:57 PM
:sick: :really:

I obviously only just got outa there in time...

Chris Well, I don't know ... Did you not do the Sat afternoon workshop???

ChrisA
14th-January-2004, 05:59 PM
Well, I don't know ... Did you not do the Sat afternoon workshop???
Thankfully not...

... the replay was more than enough excitement for me :D :D

That and the massage :devil:

Mikey
14th-January-2004, 06:01 PM
Thankfully not...

... the replay was more than enough excitement for me :D :D

That and the massage :devil:

Coward :wink:

ChrisA
14th-January-2004, 06:03 PM
Coward :wink:
Well, I've led a very sheltered life... :devil: :waycool:

Lounge Lizard
14th-January-2004, 06:12 PM
Well, I've led a very sheltered life... :devil: :waycool: so have I, dont listen to the 'sinfull' man:innocent:

ChrisA
14th-January-2004, 06:18 PM
so have I dont listen to the 'sinfull' man:innocent:

Er... yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Lounge Lizard
14th-January-2004, 06:28 PM
yup, it all started with bus shelters and progressed from there:wink:

Mikey
14th-January-2004, 06:29 PM
Well, I've led a very sheltered life... [/B]

[i]Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
so have I, dont listen to the 'sinfull' man:innocent:

The nearest you ever get to shelered "LL" is when you wear that "Bandana" of yours:rofl:

Lounge Lizard
14th-January-2004, 06:38 PM
Well at least my body parts and accessories don't fall out half way thru a class - my surprise is you turned round to sort it!
S'pose that makes you a stud in more ways than one............methinks this could head upstairs

Mikey
14th-January-2004, 06:41 PM

I have thought long and hard on what you said and I do not feel I could honestly take Andy out to dinner, however I do feel I could serenade him at a push........so..:wink:

http://img.tapuz.co.il/forums/8572800.swf

Lounge Lizard
14th-January-2004, 06:46 PM
Carefull Buggin Andy could get you intro trouble - if you slur your words that is.
Take him out to dinner you meany, perhaps a spit roast.

Mikey
14th-January-2004, 06:48 PM
Well at least my body parts and accessories don't fall out half way thru a class - my surprise is you turned round to sort it!
S'pose that makes you a stud in more ways than one............methinks this could head upstairs

sort it i did, yes, but at least i showed my consideration as a teacher and explained the move to the class, pointing out it was NOT part of the routine !!!.. and promptly blamed my demonstrator of course... me thinks upstairs is beckoning:tears:

Mikey
14th-January-2004, 06:50 PM
Carefull Buggin Andy could get you intro trouble - if you slur your words that is.
Take him out to dinner you meany, perhaps a spit roast.

Well a "spit roast" requires 3 people Peter.. so what nights are you free:yum:

DangerousCurves
14th-January-2004, 06:55 PM
Well at least my body parts and accessories don't fall out half way thru a class -

Hmmmm, don't know what function YOUR "accessories" may perform.... But I'm happy to confirm that MIkey's "body parts" are firmly attached to his torso! :wink:

Lounge Lizard
14th-January-2004, 06:57 PM
well if I do find a free night who would like to light his fire or baste him in oil....come on andy you decide.

wonder where we can take this one...PLEASE split the thread

Lory
14th-January-2004, 07:40 PM
yes 4.30am till 7.oo - wish you lot could dance on carpet.
LL, Remember once, I asked you if you worked out? And you answered NO, I'm just naturally like this!:what: :what: :hug:

DangerousCurves
14th-January-2004, 08:29 PM
LL, Remember once, I asked you if you worked out? And you answered NO, I'm just naturally like this!:what: :what: :hug:

What muscle were you looking when you asked this question :what:

Lounge Lizard
14th-January-2004, 08:32 PM
LL, Remember once, I asked you if you worked out? And you answered NO, I'm just naturally like this!:what: :what: :hug: that is working not working out, one is pleasure the other is a pain in the a....... go on Mikey pick up on that one:grin:

Lory
14th-January-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by DangerousCurves
What muscle were you looking when you asked this question :what: :really: Dangerous curves! TUT TUT, I'm shocked! :innocent:

DangerousCurves
14th-January-2004, 11:30 PM
:really: Dangerous curves! TUT TUT, I'm shocked! :innocent:

I just wondered if it was his biceps or his triceps?

Why, Miss Lory.....whatever did you think I meant??? :innocent:

DangerousCurves
14th-January-2004, 11:37 PM

It was really lovely to meet you too! :hug:

We have a lot of pics of the class, which I think Mikey has now forwarded to you. You'd better clear them off your hard drive quickly in case the vice squad raid you :devil:

And a big thanks to Peter too, for the kind invitation to dinner and his generous hospitality :cheers:

I'm now converted to weekend events, and looking forward to the next one!

Graham W
15th-January-2004, 12:24 PM
..nice to hear someones covered 'Accentuate the Positive' (LL played it ) by those wacky Jive Ace boys ...so now I can dance to it & feel less cultish!

:-)

TheTramp
15th-January-2004, 01:57 PM
See Graham.

You need to move to Scotland!!

Both Franck and myself play it up here :D

Steve