PDA

View Full Version : Ashtons

foxylady
4th-January-2004, 11:11 AM
Went to Ashtons for the first time last night, and what a fab night it was.....:D

It was busy but not too busy - the crowd was very friendly - a good dancing standard - a lovely floor (although I'm told it wasn't in the usual hall) - a great set played by the DJ (I've never seen him before) - and I had a lovely dance with Mikey (who I never danced with before).... - and danced with a number of other Hipsters regulars...

I'll certainly be going again.

Other than Mikey there weren't any other forumites I recognised - were you there ??:nice:

frodo
4th-January-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by foxylady
It was busy but not too busy - the crowd was very friendly - a good dancing standard - a lovely floor (although I'm told it wasn't in the usual hall) - a great set played by the DJ (I've never seen him before) ...
Agree with everything you've said there (especially the DJ).

Does anyone know who he was ?

DangerousCurves
4th-January-2004, 05:48 PM
Went to Ashtons for the first time last night, and what a fab night it was.....:D

Other than Mikey there weren't any other forumites I recognised - were you there ??:nice:

It was my second visit - and I really enjoyed it too! I was over in the corner in Mikey's group. We must say hi next time! :grin:

Minnie M
4th-January-2004, 07:03 PM

There were lots of forumites at Woking last night - and what a great night it was - danced my little socks off

The evening started with TWO fantastic dances with the gorgous James :drool: followed by ChrisA, LL, JonL, Roger and the King of Cool himself (DavidB) - had about 3 luffly dances with ChrisA (no Pammy or Mary) - great floor, good music, and not packed (larger venue than Hipsters) AND great air conditioning

There must have been more men than women as I didn't have to ask ANYONE to dance and was dancing all evening

Mikey
4th-January-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by frodo
Agree with everything you've said there (especially the DJ).

Does anyone know who he was ?

The DJ's name is Bob staal and he does the music at Ashton's in Criclewood.. if anyone wants to e mail him it's

bob@familystaal.co.uk ... it's nice to get praise when a good set has been played...:grin: And aprt from wearing some funky T Shirts, he's a really nice guy to talk to as well..:waycool:

Mikey
4th-January-2004, 07:47 PM

It was busy but not too busy - the crowd was very friendly - a good dancing standard - a lovely floor (although I'm told it wasn't in the usual hall) - a great set played by the DJ (I've never seen him before) - and I had a lovely dance with Mikey (who I never danced with before).... - and danced with a number of other Hipsters regulars...

I'll certainly be going again.

Why thankyou kind lady.. i sincerely hope you dance with me agian too..:kiss:

Lory
4th-January-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Mikey
The DJ's name is Bob staal and he does the music at Ashton's in Criclewood.. if anyone wants to e mail him it's

bob@familystaal.co.uk ... it's nice to get praise when a good set has been played...:grin: And aprt from wearing some funky T Shirts, he's a really nice guy to talk to as well..:waycool:
I just Rang Bob and told him his praises were being sung, he's just lost his Dad so this cheered him up alot!

I can also confirm he's a really nice guy! :grin:

Andy McGregor
4th-January-2004, 07:57 PM
Last night Sue and I discussed where to go. We had a choice of Ashtons, Minstead, Woking or Brighton Marina.

As we were busy with the kids we couldn't leave 'til 9pm so we chose Brighton. It's run by Jeff Jasper who I didn't like the idea of giving my money to as he recently told me to 'go f**k yourself' when I asked him if he was going to continue to allow smoking at his Hove Town Hall dances. But this dance was advertised on the internet as free so I went, knowing that the David Lloyd Club is non-smoking, expecting to get in for free. Here is the copy from the relevant section on his site.

BIG SATURDAY DANCE IT’S FREE
At The David Lloyd Club,
Brighton Marina Village
Saturday 3rd JANUARY
2 BIG DANCE FLOORS
GREAT NIGHTCLUB ATMOSPHERE
OVERLOOKING THE SEA
SO DRESS TO IMPRESS
GREAT MUSIC, NON-STOP DANCING
AND A GREAT SOCIAL OCCASION
8pm ‘TIL LATE
MODERN JIVE BLUES & SWING
OR DO YOUR OWN THING….
It’s Free

Guess what?
It WASN'T free!!!
:reallymad :reallymad

By the time we got there and found out we didn't have time to go anywhere else and loads of people were waving hello so we had to cough up our £10 - how that hurt:tears:

It sounds like everyone had a great time at Astons and Woking - I'll know better next time:waycool:

Jon L
4th-January-2004, 10:45 PM
Woking last night was how Friday should have been with plenty of space.

As well as Minnie M on the ladies side we had of course the lovely Mrs. Barker in attendance.

Lory
19th-February-2004, 01:27 AM
I had a much better night tonight, thank goodness! :grin:

Even though there were a LOT of VERY good female dancers (some of the BEST IMO) and sadly not enough good men to go round!:( But luckily I managed to have a good time anyway, sometimes its nice to sit out a few, if theres something or someone worth watching! and I did watch, IN AWE!:clap:

Bob the Dj did a good set again! :cheers: and I loved the latiny '10pm Hotspot' track Bob!:hug:

Peter
19th-February-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm glad we had the Latiny one twice! It was fabulous!

You are right about the loads of excellent female dancers last night .. I had a complete ball ... thanks to Lory (tell me honestly, was there enough eye contact?), Linda, Ellen, Amy ...

Lory
19th-February-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Peter

You are right about the loads of excellent female dancers last night .. I had a complete ball ... thanks to Lory (tell me honestly, was there enough eye contact?), Linda, Ellen, Amy ... Just like to point out, I think Peter's thanking me for pointing out all the good female dancers:D ...(we had a nice time standing on the balcony watching! great vantage point, isn't it?)

And Peter, your eye contact is juuuuuuuust right! IMO:hug:

Lory
18th-June-2004, 05:13 PM
Anyone going to Ashtons tonight? It's the first Friday party night! :clap:

Zebra Woman
7th-December-2004, 12:24 PM
Val and Dave, The King and Queen of Blues, show you how to ceroc the blues at Ashtons. Guest DJ Peter Phillips
Wednesday 8th December

Ashtons, Cricklewood Broadway, NW2

:clap: What a Fab combination :clap:

Anyone else coming to this? Miss Conduct and I will be here.

ZW :flower:

Lory
7th-December-2004, 12:31 PM

Me! :na:

SilverFox
7th-December-2004, 01:00 PM

Me :na: Now let me thi....Sold! :yum: :drool:

Zebra Woman
9th-December-2004, 11:52 AM
What a night!!! That was the best weekday dance night EVER! Great music right from the very start, well done Bob. Only 3 Bob-erration tracks at the end of the night :clap:

Brilliant blues class by Dave and Val :drool:

And LL certainly delivered the most excellent set :worthy:

Wonderful dances..thank you everyone :hug:

I did not have a drink all night , and I had to eat two muffins on the way home. :yum:

Last night I wore a freshly laundered cardi and this morning there was the faint smell of smoke :sick: .So I'd say Ashtons is still a smoking venue but not as smoky as it has been in the past and not nearly as bad as my local Ceroc venues which seem to have smoking clubs at the bar. C'mon Linda you're nearly there. :flower: Ooops wrong thread

foxylady
9th-December-2004, 01:34 PM
What a night!!! That was the best weekday dance night EVER! Great music right from the very start, well done Bob.
/snip

So jealous - might have to skip the jive bar and head to Ashtons on a wednesday ! Specially now you and Lory have poached (I mean enticed) SilverFox :drool: !

FL

latinlover
9th-December-2004, 02:07 PM
What a night!!! :

GNGNGNGNGNNGNGNGNGGGNGNNNNNN!!!! :tears: :tears: :tears:

we were all set to go but the baby-sitter was sick. :really: :tears: :angry: :mad:
so we did an hour of salsa each at a local venue
it was ok but a poor substitute (I still have the L plates)-and of course we couldn't dance with each other :rofl:

Lory
9th-December-2004, 02:10 PM
What a night!!! That was the best weekday dance night EVER! Great music right from the very start, well done Bob. Only 3 Bob-erration tracks at the end of the night :clap:

Brilliant blues class by Dave and Val :drool:

And LL certainly delivered the most excellent set :worthy:

Wonderful dances..thank you everyone :hug:

:yeah: I was in 7th heaven! :drool:

SilverFox
9th-December-2004, 02:21 PM
So jealous - might have to skip the jive bar and head to Ashtons on a wednesday ! Specially now you and Lory have poached (I mean enticed) SilverFox :drool: !I've been grilled :what: , battered :cheers: :sick: and even whipped before :eek: :devil: :yum: , but poached...

Zebra Woman
9th-December-2004, 03:26 PM
I've been grilled :what: , battered :cheers: :sick: and even whipped before :eek: :devil: :yum: , but poached...

:rofl:
Oh yeah Lory and I know a really good recipe for Poached Fox... :wink:

An imaginative alternative to turkey this Chrismas I'd say.....well...... much better to dance with anyway.

ZW :hug:

Rhythm King
9th-December-2004, 03:28 PM
I've been grilled :what: , battered :cheers: :sick: and even whipped before :eek: :devil: :yum: , but poached...

You and HL, both. Come back, the floor's crap, but Billco and Lily are as good as ever!

SilverFox
9th-December-2004, 03:55 PM
So jealous - might have to skip the jive bar and head to Ashtons on a wednesday ! Specially now you and Lory have poached (I mean enticed) SilverFox :drool: !

You and HL, both. Come back, the floor's crap, but Billco and Lily are as good as ever!Isn't fox-hunting illegal yet? :wink:

Zebra Woman
9th-December-2004, 04:14 PM
Isn't fox-hunting illegal yet? :wink:

Not so fast Mr. Fox....

We still have 3 months to go.....so you better start running :devil:

lindyloo
9th-December-2004, 04:37 PM
Fab set LL and Bob, have had some really nice emails today about the great music last night :clap:

bobgadjet
9th-December-2004, 10:24 PM
Fab set LL and Bob, have had some really nice emails today about the great music last night :clap:

All in a nights work.

Now then, the Hotspot last night got THE MOST ticks E V E R for the Colin James track.

If you want to hear it again........... turn up next wednesday and I'll sneak it in either side of the band.

If you want to know what it was........ I might just let on. Only 'might' tho.

foxylady
9th-December-2004, 10:30 PM
Not so fast Mr. Fox....

We still have 3 months to go.....so you better start running :devil:

:clap: :yeah: :clap: Yoo hoo - open season on Silver Fox :wink:

bobgadjet
9th-December-2004, 10:34 PM

And what would an Ashtons night be without a few Bob-erration trax?

I am cutting down on them tho, as there are some REALLY G R E A T trax around at the moment. I have so many to put thru the Hotspot, they should take me half way thru next year.

Thank you so kindly young lady, and MANY thanks for the FAB dances. You are REALLY coming on with your WCS, as is Lory also.
Spoilt for choice now.
I wonder if double trouble is possible with WCS ?

Looking forward to your next visit........which is WHEN ?

BS x

Zebra Woman
10th-December-2004, 10:38 AM

Er...even better (sorry :blush: )

Thank you so kindly young lady, and MANY thanks for the FAB dances. You are REALLY coming on with your WCS, as is Lory also.
Spoilt for choice now.

Looking forward to your next visit........which is WHEN ?

BS x

Thank you for being so patient with me Bob, they were great dances :clap: .

I'll be back on Fri 17th. Who is the Band? Will they play the right tempo music?

Alison :flower:

bobgadjet
10th-December-2004, 12:13 PM
Er...even better (sorry :blush: )

Thank you for being so patient with me Bob, they were great dances :clap: .

I'll be back on Fri 17th. Who is the Band? Will they play the right tempo music?

X L ENT

The band is The Fraud Squad. They were great last time and have their instructions, so should be a brilliant nnight, and well worth travelling for.

Bx

Rhythm King
10th-December-2004, 01:42 PM

Paul Warden did some at the last ever Bisley WCS night, with Sally and Cat. It was mind-boggling :worthy: :worthy: My brain gets full trying to keep it going with one partner, let alone two!

lindyloo
10th-December-2004, 05:40 PM

Just so no-ones mistaken - the band are playing on Wed 22nd Dec. The 17th is a friday freestyle night.

The band is a cover band - they went down really well last time and played all cerocable tunes.

Zebra Woman
28th-December-2004, 12:18 PM

:clap: ABSOLUTELY STORMIN' :clap:
Well done Bob and Ian :cheers:

What a fab night. I enjoyed all of the music, there were no Bob-errations. Really liked Pearl's a singer for WCS.
I was a little frustrated waiting until 9.30 for the dance music to start, I was more than ready by 9.00 (is it just me???).

senorita
30th-December-2004, 10:05 AM

What a fab night. I enjoyed all of the music, there were no Bob-errations. Really liked Pearl's a singer for WCS.
I was a little frustrated waiting until 9.30 for the dance music to start, I was more than ready by 9.00 (is it just me???).

WHAT AN AWESOME NIGHT!!!!! :clap: :clap:

A BIG thankyou to Linda Barker for organizing such a fantastic night!! :worthy:

Also thankyou to Bob & Ian for all the fab music..YOUR FANTASTIC GUYS!!!! :clap: :hug: :cheers:

And a final BIG thankyou to all the fab dancers out there that made my night, Mike Ellard, Benito, Rafael, IainL, Adrian, GlenT, Colin etc :drool: :hug: :worthy: (Sorry if I missed anybody out...its you too.. honest :flower: )

PS I turned up at 9.30pm...so I have NO complaints whats so ever...a very smooth and excellent night for me!

ChrisA
30th-December-2004, 06:07 PM
I enjoyed all of the music
.... :yeah:

It was excellent, end-to-end. As was the food, (and the food hander-outers :whistle: ). I had an excellent time, top marks to the wonderful Jayne (no, not that one :nice: ) for so many nice touches in the organisation. Candles, balloons, decorations, champagne cocktails...

... but what I want to know is, is there any dance form in which our very own Lindyloo is not an expert....

... ballroom, latin, modern jive...

... and pole :devil:

Andy McGregor
30th-December-2004, 06:17 PM
... but what I want to know is, is there any dance form in which our very own Lindyloo is not an expert....

... ballroom, latin, modern jive...

... and pole :devil:
Lindyloo is, of course, fabulous :flower:

IMHO she is wasted on the current master of all that is evil in Ceroc competitions ...

.. and should share her time between dancing with me, ChrisA, other nice guys and pole dancing for all of us, nice or not :wink:

ChrisA
30th-December-2004, 06:50 PM
IMHO she .... should share her time between dancing with me, ChrisA, other nice guys and pole dancing for all of us, nice or not :wink:
Undoubtedly.

But nevertheless, it remains true IMHO that £20 was not at all unreasonable for the price of a ticket.

Particularly given how brilliant the venue was for the event, so close to Christmas, and how much effort had obviously gone into making the atmosphere perfect.

Talking of atmosphere, I can also report that with the exception of a brief moment when some smoke wafted down from the floor above, where smoking was permitted, smoke on the dance floor was not a problem. It wasn't even all that bad upstairs for the most part - I reckon my life expectancy wasn't even reduced by as much as the North Circular did, getting there. :wink:

Andy McGregor
30th-December-2004, 07:43 PM
Undoubtedly.

But nevertheless, it remains true IMHO that £20 was not at all unreasonable for the price of a ticket.

Particularly given how brilliant the venue was for the event, so close to Christmas, and how much effort had obviously gone into making the atmosphere perfect.

Talking of atmosphere, I can also report that with the exception of a brief moment when some smoke wafted down from the floor above, where smoking was permitted, smoke on the dance floor was not a problem. It wasn't even all that bad upstairs for the most part - I reckon my life expectancy wasn't even reduced by as much as the North Circular did, getting there. :wink:

Ashtons is the only smoking venue I'm prepared to go to what do you expect from somewhere called Ashtons? :sick: It sounds like £20 was good value - and you could have paid £10 if you'd bought your ticket a while ago.

As I've said above, Lindyloo is fab. My hope is that her relentless niceness will rub of on her Dark Lord :devil:

Andy McGregor
30th-December-2004, 07:45 PM
Undoubtedly.

Does the above phrase win the convoluted logic cup? :whistle:

ChrisA
30th-December-2004, 07:50 PM
Does the above phrase win the convoluted logic cup? :whistle:
Nope - I was hoping it would disguise my candicacy for the "December's most awful segue" award, with the following "talking of atmosphere" link.

:D

lindyloo
31st-December-2004, 12:10 PM
Lindyloo is, of course, fabulous :flower:

IMHO she is wasted on the current master of all that is evil in Ceroc competitions ...

.. and should share her time between dancing with me, ChrisA, other nice guys and pole dancing for all of us, nice or not :wink:

Why thankyou kind gentlemen :flower:

lindyloo
31st-December-2004, 12:21 PM
Ashtons is the only smoking venue I'm prepared to go to what do you expect from somewhere called Ashtons? :sick: It sounds like £20 was good value - and you could have paid £10 if you'd bought your ticket a while ago.

Just to let you know Andy that the whole of downstairs was non-smoking on the 27th and from 2005 the only place you'll be able to smoke is by the bar. There is no smoking down either side of the dance floor.

Just to say thankyou Chris for your help at the ball, you were a very good handerouter and it was nice to see you at Ashton's.

And as for the Pole - wasn't it fabulous - many thanks to Laurence for making it (took him 5 hrs to construct that morning!) It is safely hidden away now for next time when the Pole dancing competition will be made more public, now we know fab it is. And I hope more people will be tempted to have a go? Andy - I can see you on the pole - it wasn't just for the girls!

bobgadjet
4th-January-2005, 01:36 PM

After returning from almost two weeks off the computer, I could not have come back to a more appreciative message.

THANK YOU all for your kind messages, but I can tell you that it is YOUR comments, and continued questioning of my musical tastes that makes for a better evening all round.

PLEASE keep the comments coming, good or bad.

So far as the 9.30 thing is concerned, like M'Lord said to me on the night, "It needs thinking about, but it works". It give us time to talk before being overtaken for the need to dance.
It also means we can savour the "dress" code for a while before having to remove the damp stuff ! ! !
I don't know which was more fraustrating... YOU waiting for the dancing to start, or ME trying to find something for you NOT to dance to ! ! !

I don't know if Ian is on the Forum (yet), but if not, I know he will also appreciate the above.

As for the smoking thing, Linda has mentioned that as from NOW, there will be NO smoking around the dance floor area, only in the bar area as the balcony in not normally open on a wednesday night, so that will help a load.

I personally thought the whole evening ran like clockwork, and the use of the upstairs as the rest and refreshment area meant that the dancefloor was never too packed.
Maybe this will be adopted for the freestyle nights, who knows ?

Lets make for a much better 2005, and hope you ALL support the Ashtons Tea Dance on 30th January. Keep your eyes open for that one.

Lory
4th-January-2005, 02:30 PM
So far as the 9.30 thing is concerned, like M'Lord said to me on the night, "It needs thinking about, but it works". It give us time to talk before being overtaken for the need to dance.
It also means we can savour the "dress" code for a while before having to remove the damp stuff ! ! !
I don't know which was more fraustrating... YOU waiting for the dancing to start, or ME trying to find something for you NOT to dance to ! ! !

I have to admit, when I first arrived, I thought something had happened and I had to ask a couple of people, what was wrong, why's everyone standing around chatting and no-one on the dance floor :confused: But after the initial concern, I liked the idea and thought it added a real sence of occasion :waycool:

And I agree, it was lovely to be able savour the sight of all the men dressed in their dinner jackets for a while :yum: :drool:

Lets make for a much better 2005, and hope you ALL support the Ashtons Tea Dance on 30th January. Keep your eyes open for that one.
I'm planning to be there :nice:

Sheepman
4th-January-2005, 03:21 PM
it was lovely to be able savour the sight of all the men dressed in their dinner jackets for a while : I hope you realise that dressing identically is just the proof of what you already know, - that all men are the same! :really:

Greg

bobgadjet
4th-January-2005, 03:27 PM
And I agree, it was lovely to be able savour the sight of all the men dressed in their dinner jackets for a while :yum: :drool:

and was that REALLY Colin in a D.J. ? :cool:

Zebra Woman
18th-February-2005, 12:11 PM
Anyone coming to Ashtons tonight?

Miss Conduct and I will be there . Dj's Bob and Ian :worthy: :worthy:

I hear Lindy Loo will be using her cunning new demo ... :devil:

Lory
18th-February-2005, 12:20 PM
I hear Lindy Loo will be using her cunning new demo ... :devil: ZW :flower:
:yeah: I'm coming! I could do with a laugh! :wink: :D

Andreas
18th-February-2005, 01:09 PM

will be there. unless run over by tube :rolleyes:

Banana Man
18th-February-2005, 01:26 PM

I'll be there, I've been promised some nice dances by some very nice ladies. :drool:

I heard Aussie Simon was teaching tonight and also at Guinness tomorrow. :confused:

Lory
10th-October-2005, 12:07 PM
Just a quick reminder that Ashtons is CLOSED this Wednesday due to Roshashona (the Jewish holiday) falling on this day.

It's opening on Tuesday the 11th instead! :nice:

And I'm going :)

David Bailey
10th-October-2005, 12:14 PM
Just a quick reminder that Ashtons is CLOSED this Wednesday due to Roshashona (the Jewish holiday) falling on this day.
Err, Yom Kippur, I believe? But close...

Oh, and where's the "I told you so" icon so I can use it for Tiggstours based on a recent conversation about this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=154874)? :whistle:

Lory
10th-October-2005, 12:18 PM
Err, Yom Kippur, I believe? But close...

Oh, and where's the "I told you so" icon so I can use it for Tiggstours based on a recent conversation about this (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=154874)? :whistle:Opps I knew it was something like that :blush: Sorry :flower:

bobgadjet
10th-October-2005, 12:29 PM
It's opening on Tuesday the 11th instead! :nice:

And I'm going :)
And get your requests in early please, but mind you don't ask for too much Latin ! ! !
See you there, and if my shoulder is a bit better:tears: , maybe even for a dance :grin:

:cheers:

David Bailey
10th-October-2005, 12:39 PM
mind you don't ask for too much Latin ! ! !

Again, I come upon this mysterious phrase "too much Latin"... :confused:

Is the meaning of this something like "Too much sex", then? That is, you don't want to overdo it for health reasons or something? :innocent:

bobgadjet
10th-October-2005, 12:49 PM
Again, I come upon this mysterious phrase "too much Latin"... :confused:

Is the meaning of this something like "Too much sex"
TOO MUCH SEX ! ! !:whistle:

Never heard anything so silly :really:

Basically if we are asked for too much Latin, sorry :innocent: a lot of Latin, then it doesn't leave enough time for all the other forms of music that many others like so much. :rolleyes:

So, requests please, on PM or email if you know it.

See you there :cheers:

under par
17th-May-2006, 02:14 PM
Mrs Par and I will be participating at Ashtons this Friday and look forward to seeing all the regulars there.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

what time does it finish?

bobgadjet
17th-May-2006, 02:21 PM
Mrs Par and I will be participating at Ashtons this Friday and look forward to seeing all the regulars there.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

what time does it finish?
BRILLIANT

Ian and I will see you there :wink:

Get your requests in by P.M. please :yeah:

We finish at 01.30 (or there abouts :whistle: )

Chill-out zone will be around 12.30, for about 30 minutes, after that should be smooooooooooooooooooooooooth enough for anybody.

:cheers: :clap: :cheers: :clap:

fletch
17th-May-2006, 02:31 PM
Get your requests in by P.M. please :yeah:

MOWTOWN

Bob you know me by now:D

Sorry everyone:blush:

Missy D
17th-May-2006, 04:58 PM
MOWTOWN

look into my eyes look into my eyes not around the eyes dont look around the eyes look into my eyes *click* your under...you do not i repeat do not want to hear motown at the ceroc venues you want to hear lots of latin...3..2..1...your back in the room.

bobgadjet
17th-May-2006, 05:04 PM
look into my eyes look into my eyes not around the eyes dont look around the eyes look into my eyes *click* your under...you do not i repeat do not want to hear motown at the ceroc venues you want to hear lots of latin...3..2..1...your back in the room.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na: :na:
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

:really:
WHERE AM I ?

fletch
17th-May-2006, 05:17 PM
WHERE AM I ?
Wigan casino and its 1972:rofl:

bobgadjet
17th-May-2006, 05:31 PM
Wigan casino and its 1972:rofl:
£1 on 7
£1 on 5; 8; 10; 11; 13; 16; 23; 24; 27; 30; 36;

Now spin the wheel please :confused:

Rhythm King
17th-May-2006, 09:12 PM
£1 on 7
£1 on 5; 8; 10; 11; 13; 16; 23; 24; 27; 30; 36;

Now spin the wheel please :confused:
Wow he's a high roller!:respect:

foxylady
18th-May-2006, 12:43 AM
Why do I feel like singing "Lets do the time warp agaiiinnnninnnnn"

:sick:

under par
18th-May-2006, 12:44 AM
Wow he's a high roller!:respect:

Stood next to me you may wish to reconsider that statement!!!:whistle:

latinlover
18th-May-2006, 03:53 PM
MOWTOWN

:yeah: I'm with you Fletch on this one!

I don't think I've ever danced to any decent motown, never mind any other form of TRUE RnB
there are some blinding RnB tracks from the sixties & seventies
....................unfortunately I haven't got time to think of them here -:whistle:

Zebra Woman
18th-May-2006, 03:59 PM
:yeah: I'm with you Fletch on this one!

I don't think I've ever danced to any decent motown, never mind any other form of TRUE RnB
there are some blinding RnB tracks from the sixties & seventies
....................unfortunately I haven't got time to think of them here -:whistle:

Go on LL name them.... in your own time...:innocent:

Lory
23rd-September-2006, 09:41 AM
I have to say, praise where praise is due, the music was excellent last night. :cheers: Bob and Erick! :clap:

I had some fabulously fun dances too :na: Actually, they were all great!:grin: I even managed to end up on my knees in one of them!:whistle: :blush: But strangely, it was predicted, right at the beginning of the evening, that i'd fall over by the end of the night! :rolleyes: :rofl:

fletch
23rd-September-2006, 09:58 AM
When I seen it was Bob DJing I thought no, probs' will get a Mowtown in a bit.......but by 12 still no Mowtown so I asked ........he said don't start Fletch you will get me in trouble,:blush: only 1 needed to keep me happy .....thanks Bob.:respect:

The music was good and so was the dances,:clap: it was worth battling the rain and traffic to do a 5hr journey:sick: just for the dances I had with ChrisA and Geordieed :worthy: the journey home was much better just 2hrs :clap:

I will miss all you lot going to Camber next week but Joe's 9th birthday comes first,:hug: don't have to much fun, and get to bed early.:na:

ho and Lory you fall very graciously :wink:

bobgadjet
23rd-September-2006, 10:36 AM
I don't know what it was, but last night seemed to have a BUZZZZZZ :awe: to it, and I LURVE seeing peope enjoying themselves.:love: :love:
Just for once I had a couple of dances, and they were lush. Thank you ladies.:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
I wanted you to thank Erick before he left, but the Mic didn't work, that's why I could not let you know when the last few tracks were coming on. Sorry about that.:blush: :blush:

Anyway, I am sad that the next time I am at Ashton's is not till :sad: 18th October:sad: , and the next FREESTYLE there.............at present...........is not till

3rd NOVEMBER ! ! ! ! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So I hope you will all put those dates in your diary, and see you on a dance floor somewhere real soon.:clap: :hug:

Finally, thank you all for your warmth, and appreciation.:worthy: :clap: :worthy:

Bob
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Mr Cool
23rd-September-2006, 10:50 AM
I had a great night so many wonderful lady dancers and the music was a good mix to :respect:

Thank you ladies for all the great dances :flower: :flower: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

Cruella
23rd-September-2006, 11:08 AM
I even managed to end up on my knees in one of them!:whistle:
I thought it was a new move Lory!

I don't know what it was, but last night seemed to have a BUZZZZZZ :awe: to it, and I LURVE seeing peope enjoying themselves.:love::

:respect: The music was great last night Bob. Thanks for a good night, although I was dead on my feet by the end of it!:sick:

Beowulf
23rd-September-2006, 12:58 PM
Well, I'm looking forward to Ashtons when I'm down in November.. should be great ;)

WittyBird
23rd-September-2006, 01:29 PM
But strangely, it was predicted, right at the beginning of the evening, that i'd fall over by the end of the night! :rolleyes: :rofl:

How is it that if someones gonna fall and end up on their knees it's always you? I recall a new move at Twickenham :whistle:

I had a great night, I wasn't expecting to but there was such a buzz. Had some truely fantastic dances. My new discovery was there, but managed to keep him hidden :wink:

It's not often I name and shame my victims but here goes :cool:

Had a mind blowing dance with GeordieEd :worthy: Thanks to KevF and Bob for putting up with my WCS attempts :eek: Andreas is always fab :drool: ChrisA great as ever:D Wedge expressive, natural and lurvley :worthy:
Mr Cool shake and vac got nothing on you babes always a lovely surprise to see you :rofl: MikeyR :drool: Sparkles :drool: Tessalicious :drool: RobD :drool: - Witty to the rescue eh babes :whistle:
Spicey always a pleasure, you remind me of my favourite Paul Weller song :worthy: Seahorse :delicious: :clap:

If I've missed anyone I'm sorry but doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it, brain is frazzled

I can't say I had a bad dance all night it was fab :clap:

Didn't see any stupid fcuking trousers all night tho :rofl:

Lory
23rd-September-2006, 01:45 PM
How is it that if someones gonna fall and end up on their knees it's always you? I recall a new move at Twickenham :whistle:

I just like to keep you all entertained :rolleyes:

Andreas
23rd-September-2006, 05:13 PM
It was a great night indeed. I had loads of good dances, despite the fact that I was dead tired and unconcentrated, as Sparkles had to find out painfully. Sorry :blush: :tears: :flower:

Thanks for all the great dances with all them great ladies. Thanks for the Cha Chas to Sparkles and Tessa. I believe Tessa had bribed the DJ and I felt in severe danger for my life and innocence. And it was great to have dances again with ZW and Fletch, it must have been ages! :hug:

Music was a very nice mix and I managed to use the very few songs that I didn't like to spend getting changed. :whistle: :D

A great night and I am not an inch closer to the meaning of ... :na: