PDA

View Full Version : attachments

filthycute
19th-August-2002, 05:00 PM
ARGH!!! i can't get any to go on.........am i mental or is something up?

cheers
filthycute x x

Franck
19th-August-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
ARGH!!! i can't get any to go on.........am i mental or is something up?I am not sure what you mean, things should run as normal. Give me more details, and I'll try to help, before I go to Glasgow for what promises to be a great night (with Debster visiting!)

Re. your second question, well, we all know the answer to that one! :wink:

Franck.

Sandy
19th-August-2002, 10:43 PM
ARGH!!! i can't get any to go on.........am i mental or is something up?

cheers
filthycute x x Filthycute where do you get the great avatars (where does that word come from, never heard of it before or am I just an IT ludite?)

If your'e mental then it's a good advert for having lots of fun and life is just toooooooo short!:wink:

Cheers

Sandy

John S
20th-August-2002, 02:52 AM
In Hinduism, the avatar of a god/goddess is the physical shape he/she adopts when appearing to humans (eg an elephant or a monkey or whatever.)

So presumably the context is that the Ginger Goddess of Dundee appears to us mere mortals in avatar form as a fluffy kitten.

Lesson over? B-O-R-I-N-G!!!

filthycute
20th-August-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Sandy
Filthycute where do you get the great avatars
Sandy I just searched google for "moving Gifs" they showed a few sites and i pinched them from there :D takes a wee while to wait on them downloading....only to realise it sucks or it's too big !! :sick:

filthycute x x

Heather
20th-August-2002, 07:36 PM
:wink: Have you come across a wee ginger kitten in your search?
It would fit your image better !! lol:D

Sandy
21st-August-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by John S
In Hinduism, the avatar of a god/goddess is the physical shape he/she adopts when appearing to humans (eg an elephant or a monkey or whatever.)

So presumably the context is that the Ginger Goddess of Dundee appears to us mere mortals in avatar form as a fluffy kitten.

Lesson over? B-O-R-I-N-G!!!

John you never fail to amaze!

Thanks for the info

Sandy:wink:

John S
21st-August-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Sandy

John you never fail to amaze!

Thanks for the info

Sandy:wink:

Only to happy to satisfy you-----------r curiosity, Sandy.:nice:

Stuart M
21st-August-2002, 02:03 PM
I just searched google for "moving Gifs" they showed a few sites and i pinched them from there :D takes a wee while to wait on them downloading....only to realise it sucks or it's too big !! :sick:

Techy email - sorry!

I found searching for "animated gifs" produced more results - actually too many, but you can then start adding words like "kitten", "ginger", "mad", or "aberdonian" :wink: to narrow down the search...

Also, if you find a cool gif which turns out to be a little too big (you're limited to 50x50 pixels and 20k in file size), you could try shrinking it, say by using the simple online editor at this site:

www.gifworks.com/index.html (http://www.gifworks.com/index.html)

It can make the image look a bit grainy (like mine) but if you have LOTs of time to waste you could probably tidy that up as well.

BTW mine wasn't found by typing "dancing baby" into Google: do that and you'll get about a zillion references to Ally McBeal....:nice:

filthycute
21st-August-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M

"kitten", "ginger", "mad", or "aberdonian"
presumably these are words to describe me?...
Kitten.....yep thats me, just a pussy cat "miaow"
Ginger...definately me!.
Mad....hmmm?....allegedly:sick: personally, i wouldn't believe the rumours :wink:

Aberdonian?????????? ok i've nothing against aberdonians, in fact i think they're completely mental party goers.....
don't tar me with the same brush!
dundonians have quiet drinks, and polite chit-chat about politics and the weather. :innocent:

Also, if you find a cool gif which turns out to be a little too big (you're limited to 50x50 pixels and 20k in file size), you could try shrinking it, say by using the simple online editor at this site:

www.gifworks.com/index.html (http://www.gifworks.com/index.html)

cheers Stuart, i'll give that a try when i get a chance. you think i'd be able to do this one? :D

filthycute x x

filthycute
21st-August-2002, 05:46 PM
oooops!! wrong Elmo :sorry

Steven
22nd-August-2002, 11:46 AM
Found some nice calvin and hobbes avatars...

now lets see if this works!!

Steven
22nd-August-2002, 11:47 AM
success!!!! :D

now for the next one....

Steven
22nd-August-2002, 11:49 AM
I particuarly like the last one!! Appeals to my sense of humour :nice: :nice:

Last one for now

Steven
22nd-August-2002, 01:22 PM
Here we go Gus