PDA

View Full Version : Dance Fashion Statements

Boomer
3rd-January-2004, 01:30 AM
This Wednesday I shall mostly be wearing a: Shorts b: Cycling clip c: Baseball-cap with towelling strap d: clogs and e: a Pancho Villa style bandoleer, just for ChrisA :grin:

Boomer
3rd-January-2004, 02:14 AM
Whoever is moderating, thank you for taking a post that would have remained hidden and making it a thread :blush: Now stop working and go celebrate the new year :grin:

ChrisA
3rd-January-2004, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
This Wednesday I shall mostly be wearing a: Shorts b: Cycling clip c: Baseball-cap with towelling strap d: clogs and e: a Pancho Villa style bandoleer, just for ChrisA :grin:
I appreciate the gesture, but how will I spot the difference from any other Wednesday??

Chris

Boomer
3rd-January-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by ChrisA
I appreciate the gesture, but how will I spot the difference from any other Wednesday??

Chris
Fair point.....AHA!!!! I will 1: wear white socks and ensure the clogs are black 2: Have a logo on the bandoleer that is mis-spelt :cheers:

ChrisA
3rd-January-2004, 04:08 AM
Fair point.....AHA!!!! I will 1: wear white socks and ensure the clogs are black 2: Have a logo on the bandoleer that is mis-spelt :cheers:
Unusually :devil: , I don't care about the spelling on the bandolier. I just want it to have live ammo.

Think of the aerials merchants as the terrorists and the bandolier-wearer as the air-marshal.

Sorry, wrong thread. I blame Franck for splitting the H thread in the first place. See if I care...

:waycool: :mad: :devil:

ChrisA
3rd-January-2004, 04:12 AM
1: wear white socks
On the subject of socks, I'm hoping the Mster didn't spot my monstrous faux pas at Fleet the other night...

She was sitting right next to me, but I realised what I'd done just in time.

:what: :what:

Boomer
3rd-January-2004, 04:14 AM
On the subject of socks, I'm hoping the Mster didn't spot my monstrous faux pas at Fleet the other night...
She was sitting right next to me, but I realised what I'd done just in time.
:what: :what:
ogdeargodnonotwhitesockswithblackpleaseno!!!!! :sick:

ChrisA
3rd-January-2004, 04:15 AM
ogdeargodnonotwhitesockswithblackpleaseno!!!!!:sic k:
Er, no. Worse than that...

Sh1t. That was sposed to be a PM :sorry

Boomer
3rd-January-2004, 04:18 AM
Er, no. Worse than that...

Ummm, leaving McGregster out of this of course, what is worse than white socks with black shoes :what:

TheTramp
3rd-January-2004, 04:21 AM
Ummm, leaving McGregster out of this of course, what is worse than white socks with black shoes :what Shorts on guys!!

Steve

ChrisA
3rd-January-2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Shorts on guys!!
Interestingly enough, or maybe not, I know one guy, and one only, that can carry it off.

The others indeed look like right plonkers.

:devil:

But to reassure you, Steve, it isn't me, and I'd never risk it.

Boomer
3rd-January-2004, 04:28 AM
Shorts on guys!!

Ok, I grant you that shorts are bad..more-so when held up by a belt of different colour to one's shoes...but this isn't whte-sock territory, not by a long shot. And unless ChrisA was wearing shorts :what: and sitting next to Mster thinking she wouldn't notice :what: :what: then for ChrisA there is something worse than the above dance-floor no no-s ! :what:

ChrisA
3rd-January-2004, 04:31 AM
And unless ChrisA was wearing shorts :what: and sitting next to Mster thinking she wouldn't notice :what: :what: then for ChrisA there is something worse than the above dance-floor no no-s ! :what: Nice try Boomy-baby.

I'm not so p1ssed that I post a PM as a post twice on one night.

:waycool: :waycool:

TheTramp
3rd-January-2004, 04:31 AM
Ok, I grant you that shorts are bad..more-so when held up by a belt of different colour to one's shoes...but this isn't whte-sock territory, not by a long shot. I don't think so. Shorts on all (I'll retain the option on Chris' lone able short wearer until I've seen for myself) guys look terrible. And the other thing, is that they are just so much more noticeable than white socks. Which you won't notice unless you're looking at the ankles. Whereas you can't miss shorts.

I suppose though that white socks with shorts might be really, really bad :devil:

Steve

ChrisA
3rd-January-2004, 04:36 AM
I'll retain the option on Chris' lone able short wearer until I've seen for myself
It's a pretty close call... but you have to know the guy a bit. He's got a personality a mile wide, and and a mile high.

Andy would probably emulate him.

:devil: :devil:

Mikey
3rd-January-2004, 04:50 PM

I suppose though that white socks with shorts might be really, really bad :devil:

Steve

How about stockings and suspenders on men and no white socks eh?:sick: I seem to remember Mr Lampert a particular occasion when you and Gregster sported such attire for a cabaret:what: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheTramp
3rd-January-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Mikey
How about stockings and suspenders on men and no white socks eh?:sick: I seem to remember Mr Lampert a particular occasion when you and Gregster sported such attire for a cabaret:what: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Touché! :tears:

Steve

Mikey
3rd-January-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Mikey
How about stockings and suspenders on men and no white socks eh?:sick: I seem to remember Mr Lampert a particular occasion when you and Gregster sported such attire for a cabaret:what: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In fact... There was photgrahic eveidence as well which showed far to much enjoyment on Gregsters face :really:

Mary
3rd-January-2004, 08:50 PM
Don't you lot ever go to bed??:rolleyes: Definately the sad git brigade.:wink: And I know what the faux pas was.:D Ha.

Mster

TheTramp
3rd-January-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Don't you lot ever go to bed??:rolleyes: Sleep is for wimps!!

Steve

Mary
3rd-January-2004, 10:04 PM
Sleep is for wimps!!

Steve

OK so I wasn't on the forum, but we were watching the Britroc video - does that qualify us for the sad git brigade and wimpless?:wink:

M

Lory
3rd-January-2004, 10:43 PM
Ummm, leaving McGregster out of this of course, what is worse than white socks with black shoes :what:

I know one regular Hipsters guy, who wears all 3! SHORTS, WHITES SOCKS AND BLACK SHOES.... all at the same time! (and it rarely matters what the weather's like outside either)

:what:

Bless him! :D

ChrisA
4th-January-2004, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Lory
I know one regular Hipsters guy, who wears all 3! SHORTS, WHITES SOCKS AND BLACK SHOES.... all at the same time!
I know who you mean... I asked him if he'd just finished a tennis match once, before I could stop myself.

He didn't seem to be amused :devil:

Chris

Andy McGregor
4th-January-2004, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Mary
Don't you lot ever go to bed??:rolleyes:

Mster

I'm staying up and ironing my shorts collection:wink:

Boomer
4th-January-2004, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
I'm staying up and ironing my shorts collection:wink:

Don't forget the razor-sharp crease :waycool:

DavidY
4th-January-2004, 05:15 PM
Shorts on all (I'll retain the option on Chris' lone able short wearer until I've seen for myself) guys look terrible. OK I confess - I do wear shorts :what: :eek: :tears:
At least I have done on occasions when it's been really hot.

I'm sure The Tramp is right and it looks terrible (I don't have the legs for it by any means) but it was so much more comfortable in the hot weather than the trousers I normally wear, even though these are fairly light.

People still seemed to dance with me though. :)

TheTramp
4th-January-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
OK I confess - I do wear shorts :what: :eek: :tears: I think that this needs to go into the 'Most Embarrasing moments in Dance' thread :wink:

Will can join you in there for the same reason too I seem to recall (in nightmares).

Steve

Lory
4th-January-2004, 06:25 PM
Shorts on all guys look terrible. :devil:

Steve
Hmm, I'm not so sure! :drool: :rofl:

Minnie M
4th-January-2004, 06:53 PM
Thanks Lory - that has put a smile on my face :drool:

Tazmanian Devil
4th-January-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M
Mmmm and mine :yum: :drool:

Andy McGregor
4th-January-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Tazmanian Devil
Mmmm and mine :yum: :drool:

Where can I buy those shorts? They do seem quite popular with the ladies:innocent:

DangerousCurves
4th-January-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Minnie M

But you'll note that she has meanly not told us where he dances.... :wink:

Tazmanian Devil
4th-January-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by DangerousCurves
But you'll note that she has meanly not told us where he dances.... :wink:

Hmmm She wants to keep him to herself, But then wouldn't you :wink: :yum:

Emma
4th-January-2004, 09:50 PM
Where can I buy those shorts? They do seem quite popular with the ladies:innocent: Sweetheart, I hate to break it to you...but it's not the shorts :wink::nice:

Bill
7th-January-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Sweetheart, I hate to break it to you...but it's not the shorts :wink::nice:

damn................. and here was me about to dash home to search for mine :rolleyes:

and I disagree with Trampy.............I've worn shorts before and I don't think they looked that bad - but I didn't wear white socks :na: .............but then again I've also worn stockings and suspenders so at least we have something in common :D :wink:

Simon r
7th-January-2004, 08:28 PM
If we put a picture like that on you would soon complain but if not ive got one i can post:grin:

Pammy
8th-January-2004, 10:27 AM

I GUARANTEE there are others with worse socks than you.

Infact I know of such a person; couldn't possiibly divulge their identity, that wouldn't be fair. All I'll say is they have been known to favour outfits that include cycling clips, shorts .... ....

:wink:

PS Bet yours don't have *follow me* wiggly eyes :grin:

Boomer
8th-January-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
I GUARANTEE there are others with worse socks than you.
Infact I know of such a person; couldn't possiibly divulge their identity, that wouldn't be fair. All I'll say is they have been known to favour outfits that include cycling clips, shorts .... ....
:wink:
PS Bet yours don't have *follow me* wiggly eyes :grin:
:really: At least you can wear then with black-shoes...could be worse, I could tuck my tee-shirts in hey Chrissy-A!

Now stop distracting me, I'm grooming my mullet.

Pammy
8th-January-2004, 12:23 PM
:really: At least you can wear then with black-shoes...

You're right, YOU could wear them with black shoes, however I think most people would choose not to :wink:

Hey, you've just reminded me. Chris has converted Andy M into a non-tucker :really: It's true, I saw it with my own eyes (the untucked shirt that is! :wink: )

Px

Pammy
8th-January-2004, 12:27 PM
YOU could wear them with black shoes

Correction: Sorry, you could wear yours with black shoesIES :wink:

ChrisA
8th-January-2004, 12:49 PM
Chris has converted Andy M into a non-tucker :really: It's true, I saw it with my own eyes (the untucked shirt that is! :wink: )

It's my privilege to pass on wisdom received from others. :waycool: :blush:

Chris

Andy McGregor
8th-January-2004, 02:01 PM
It's my privilege to pass on wisdom received from others. :waycool: :blush:

Chris

I have not been converted, but I no longer mindlessly tuck. One must consider the length and fit of the shirt, the waisline of the trousers (or shorts) and the overall colour scheme vis a vis shirt/trouser interface. And having considered all of that carefully I might still tuck - but only when appropriate.

fruitcake
8th-January-2004, 02:20 PM
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Well Lory MN'luv...10 out of 10 to you, gold star etc for posting such a LOVELY picture of a man in a pair of shorts, and for those of you who think it is sexist...it is just a man in a pair of shorts for Godsake, which I believe is the topic being discussed?Is it not?
I myself, to prove a pont, in that a man CAN look good in a pair of shorts, was to get a picture of Arnie(Schwarzenegger-my hero) from COMMANDO, where he is also demonstrating that shorts can look good on the right man. Both of these pictures also demonstrate, that on the right man, no top, in other words, BARE chests can also look good, but we don't want to start a trend like that at Ceroc do we?
Fruitcake

fruitcake
8th-January-2004, 02:22 PM
PS.... they could wear white socks if they like I wouldnt mind.....:devil:

Pammy
8th-January-2004, 03:10 PM
...I no longer mindlessly tuck. One must consider the length and fit of the shirt, the waisline of the trousers

I think Chris was talking about what you tuck your shirt into, rather than what you tuck into your trousers :wink:

Bill
8th-January-2004, 05:31 PM
I have not been converted, but I no longer mindlessly tuck. One must consider the length and fit of the shirt, the waisline of the trousers (or shorts) and the overall colour scheme vis a vis shirt/trouser interface. And having considered all of that carefully I might still tuck - but only when appropriate.

I thought the main reason men didn't tuck shirts or T-shirts into trousers was that they wanted to hide the overhang due to an increased waistline :na: ............or is just 'trendy' or 'cool'?? :rolleyes:

Andy McGregor
8th-January-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Bill
I thought the main reason men didn't tuck shirts or T-shirts into trousers was that they wanted to hide the overhang due to an increased waistline :na: ............or is just 'trendy' or 'cool'?? :rolleyes:

Surprisingly for a man of 47 my waistline hasn't increased from it's 32" in the last 15 years. What has changed has been the muscle tone of the rippling 6-pack:tears:

Lory
8th-January-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Well Lory MN'luv...10 out of 10 to you, gold star etc for posting such a LOVELY picture of a man in a pair of shorts, Fruitcake
:cheers: :hug:

Bill
8th-January-2004, 07:17 PM
Surprisingly for a man of 47 my waistline hasn't increased from it's 32" in the last 15 years. What has changed has been the muscle tone of the rippling 6-pack:tears:

Snap Andy .................... I still have the same waist size I had when I left school ( 30" and almost 30 years ago) but I was 'slim' - others said skinny - so I never even had a 1 pack let alone a 6 pack. Working out over the last year has almost given me a 2 pack so maybe there's hope yet :D :rolleyes:

Oh........and I do have a couple of shirts I wear over my trousers in an effort to look 'trendy' ( doesn't really work though) :sorry :rolleyes:

Tazmanian Devil
8th-January-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Simon r
If we put a picture like that on you would soon complain but if not ive got one i can post:grin:

We wont complain if you want to put a picture of a fit man on here
so long as you tell us where he dances!! :wink: