PDA

View Full Version : Beach Ballroom - February

Divissima
2nd-January-2004, 10:10 PM
Who else is planning to head north of the border for Beach Ballroom? TwK are making plans but haven't booked anything yet.

Can any of the Aberdeen forum members recommend a good B&B or hotel near to the venue. If there are a few of us heading up, we could try to book the same place or at least be close by.

fruitcake
2nd-January-2004, 10:38 PM
Hi There Divissima,
you could try the Patio which is literally over the road, tres posh, but you might be able to get a deal if there's a few of you.
Alternatively, round the corner there is a B+B on Constitution street, (see yellow pages)dunno what its like but nice from the outside, probably cheap, only thing is .... you wouldnt want to be walkin home alone!
Alternatively there is a travel lodge a short taxi ride away from The Beach on Union St, has a good reputaion, don't go to the premier lodge on Lang Stacht-bogging.
Good luck, see you there
fruitcake.

Divissima
2nd-January-2004, 10:44 PM
Thanks, Fruity! I'll look into these :waycool:

TheTramp
2nd-January-2004, 10:56 PM
The Patio is where a lot of the people who go up from parts of Scotland stay (since it's so close to the Beach Ballroom). You'll definitely be in with the crowd if you stay there (party in Sheena's room until 6am).

I had a look at the site, and it says £45 for the rooms. Though I think that people have said that you can get them cheaper than that.

Steve

Divissima
3rd-January-2004, 01:15 AM
Can you send me the URL, Steve?

TheTramp
3rd-January-2004, 01:28 AM
Certainly....

http://www.patiohotels.com/patio.hotel/aberdeen.html

Steve

Tiggerbabe
3rd-January-2004, 01:33 AM
I'd hang off Divi - I think Franck may be negotiating a special deal with the Patio, possibly after the Christmas hols. :D

It's a lovely hotel, leisure facilities include a decent sized swimming pool, and it really is within 2 mins walking distance from the Beach Ballroom.

As for the party - 6 am? Are we stopping early in February? :wink: :waycool: :cheers:

TheTramp
3rd-January-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
As for the party - 6 am? Are we stopping early in February? :wink: :waycool: :cheers: Well. You know. I'm old now!! :tears:

Steve

Daphne
3rd-January-2004, 02:25 PM
What's old?

xSalsa_Angelx
5th-January-2004, 05:47 PM
I'll be there definately, was great the last time.!!!

Won't miss it for the world, whether Andy (b/f) is here or not, I will be there.!!!

XsaX

Pammy
5th-January-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Can any of the Aberdeen forum members recommend a good B&B or hotel near to the venue. If there are a few of us heading up, we could try to book the same place or at least be close by.

www.bimini.co.uk

Great little place, really nice guy runs it and very reasonable too.

If I go, I'll stay there; if Boomer goes, you'll find him camping out next to the prawnie stand in the main high street, partaking in the *eat as much as you can* menu :wink:.

Who else is going then, and when is the next Beach Ballroom after Feb? Money is tight at the moment, so haven't made my mind up; although the thought of the yummy chinese restaurants may sway me.

Hell, I may just say Bung an Egg on it, and go anyway :wink:

So who's going????

TheTramp
5th-January-2004, 06:17 PM
I'll be there!!

Sorry.

Steve

Lynn
6th-January-2004, 02:21 AM
I haven't got much of an idea exactly what happens... but I might be there as a friend recently moved to Aberdeen and that might be a good time to decide to visit... ! :grin:

TheTramp
6th-January-2004, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Lynn
I haven't got much of an idea exactly what happens... but I might be there as a friend recently moved to Aberdeen and that might be a good time to decide to visit... ! :grin: Sounds great Lynn. You won't regret it at all. It promises to be another fantastic weekend!!

Steve

Lynn
6th-January-2004, 02:30 AM
Anywhere I can get more details on what happens when? Or will that be available nearer the time and should I just mark the date in my diary for now?

TheTramp
6th-January-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Lynn
Anywhere I can get more details on what happens when? Or will that be available nearer the time and should I just mark the date in my diary for now? Just mark it in your diary for now. More details will be available nearer the time.

I think I can say that Bill and Bex Cooper are coming up to teach, and that Erick is coming up to DJ. If these names don't mean anything to you, don't worry! :D

Steve

Lindsay
7th-January-2004, 02:07 PM
Bill & Bex- have heard of them, where r they from again?

ChrisA
7th-January-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay
Bill & Bex- have heard of them, where r they from again?
They teach at Twyford and Uxbridge Ceroc, respectively, and are stars.

Chris

Mary
7th-January-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
They teach at Twyford and Uxbridge Ceroc, respectively, and are stars.

Chris

Yep, agree with that. And if Lorna is teaching as well she is brill.

I have booked the flights for us to come up. Just need some more info from Franck.

M

Bardsey
7th-January-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Pammy
www.bimini.co.uk

So who's going????

I've just been talking to Tramp about this and I'm going to try and get there too. I'll have to see if I can persuade some of my dance pals to come up too, so we can share rooms etc. I'll check out the Bimini and the Patio, but more importantly its HOW to get there. Steve suggests the train might be the best option from Yorkshire, as not many local airports go into Aberdeen and I don't really relish driving down to Luton or Stanstead to have to drive all the way back up again after the weekend.

Be good to see you there!

Pammy
7th-January-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Steve suggests the train might be the best option from Yorkshire, as not many local airports go into Aberdeen and I don't really relish driving down to Luton or Stanstead to have to drive all the way back up again after the weekend.

It was easy to get to Bimini from the airport. A cab was 12 quid and took literally about 8 minutes.

Px

Mary
7th-January-2004, 05:19 PM
Have just noticed that Beach Ballroom is only 2 weeks before Blackpool!!!:eek: :eek:

That means one weekend of pani - er, practice in between.:wink:

M

Franck
8th-January-2004, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Mary
I have booked the flights for us to come up. Just need some more info from Franck.Sorry guys, the info it almost here.
Tickets for the Party will be £8.00, or you will be able to buy a package, including workshops and party.
I am still awaiting a quote from the Patio Hotel re. a special deal, but if anyone is interested in a room, post here to let me know (including people who would like to find someone to share a twin room... :nice:

Tickets are not on sale yet, but will be available from the next Aberdeen party on Friday 16th January (and by email from that date too).

Bardsey
16th-January-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Sorry guys, the info it almost here.
Tickets for the Party will be £8.00, or you will be able to buy a package, including workshops and party.
I am still awaiting a quote from the Patio Hotel re. a special deal, but if anyone is interested in a room, post here to let me know (including people who would like to find someone to share a twin room... :nice:

Tickets are not on sale yet, but will be available from the next Aberdeen party on Friday 16th January (and by email from that date too).

Franck have you got a package price sorted for BB yet? I want to come up with a friend so we can share (but must be twin beds). We can travel up on the Friday and I'm going to check out the trains, which will be preferable to driving up.

Jill

Franck
16th-January-2004, 03:10 PM
Franck have you got a package price sorted for BB yet? I want to come up with a friend so we can share (but must be twin beds). I have finally nailed down the Patio Hotel for a proper quote.

The cheapest they were able to offer me (prices have gone up :sad: ) would be:

£59.00 for a double / twin room (including breakfast for 2 people sharing)

£44.50 for a single occupancy room (including breakfast)

I have provisionally booked 20 rooms at the above rate, and so far 7 are already taken (including you Bardsey :nice: ).
The above rate is not widely available, but I should be able to book further rooms should we need to. I will however need confirmation of numbers as soon as possible...

The Patio hotel is a very nice place, the rooms are great, and the swimming pool is a nice bonus to relax weary limbs :D

Re. the week-end itself, I am still confirming the timetable and workshop content for the Saturday and Sunday and will post as soon as I can.

Franck.

CJ
16th-January-2004, 03:10 PM
What's the date??

Bardsey
16th-January-2004, 03:24 PM
I
I have provisionally booked 20 rooms at the above rate, and so far 7 are already taken (including you Bardsey :nice: ).
The above rate is not widely available, but I should be able to book further rooms should we need to. I will however need confirmation of numbers as soon as possible...
Franck.

Thanks for that Franck. Is that just for the Saturday night? We were thinking of coming up on the Friday night, but not sure now as it could start to get a bit pricey once workshops/dance prices go on top. Is it Saturday 21 Feb?

Franck
16th-January-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
What's the date?? Good question :D

Saturday 21st February: Party at the Beach Ballroom. 8.00pm 'til 1.00am

Workshops on the Saturday (21st) and Sunday (22nd).

Franck
16th-January-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks for that Franck. Is that just for the Saturday night? We were thinking of coming up on the Friday night, but not sure now as it could start to get a bit pricey once workshops/dance prices go on top. Is it Saturday 21 Feb? Yes, I'm afraid the hotel is not cheap, though it is a 4 star / quality hotel and is very convenient for the Beach Ballroom and strolls on the Beach.

I believe it is possible to get much cheaper deals though. Pammy and Boomer mentioned the Bimini guest house: http://www.bimini.co.uk/ (from 21 pounds per person per night) and you can also check the Visit Scotland Website which offers a vast range: http://www.visitscotland.com/accommodation/?view=Standard

Finally, maybe some kind soul from Aberdeen might be able to offer you help or a bed for the week-end... It would be great to see you up in Scotland, and the Beach Ballroom is an incredible venue... un-missable.

Bardsey
16th-January-2004, 04:14 PM
Yes, I'm afraid the hotel is not cheap, though it is a 4 star / quality hotel and is very convenient for the Beach Ballroom and strolls on the Beach.

Is the price of £59 for the room or per person?

[/i]
Finally, maybe some kind soul from Aberdeen might be able to offer you help or a bed for the week-end... It would be great to see you up in Scotland, and the Beach Ballroom is an incredible venue... un-missable. [/QUOTE]

Any takers? We are house-trained :rofl:and can bring along sleeping bags!

Franck
16th-January-2004, 04:24 PM
Is the price of £59 for the room or per person? for the room... (29.50 per person b&b)... which is not so bad for the comfort and convenience but I agree, can get quite expensive when travelling from afar...
Typical workshop deals will be 30 pounds (1 day & party) and 50 pounds (both days and party) though this might change slightly once I have confirmed the workshop / teacher lineup.

Chris
17th-January-2004, 05:17 PM
I phoned the Patio and was offered £29 plus £15 single supplement - although they claim this is a special deal it's almost exactly the same as the rate offered on their website. Not the cheapest but sounds quite ok.

Mary
26th-January-2004, 11:51 AM
More questions Franck!!!

Just wondering how the workshops line up is coming along? Does one have to book for the whole workshop package or can one select (and help keep the cost down). And will the workshops run all day Sunday, as those of us southerners would have to leave at lunchtime to catch the afternoon flight (although a lie-in and a swim would be very tempting).

Getting quite excited about it all now. Oh, what to wear, what to wear?

M

Franck
27th-January-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Chris
I phoned the Patio and was offered £29 plus £15 single supplement - although they claim this is a special deal it's almost exactly the same as the rate offered on their website. Not the cheapest but sounds quite ok. Yes, it seems that the Patio didn't offer me anything better than their normal 'discounted week-end' rate. So for most of you the best would be to book directly with the hotel in the first instance, asking for the cheap week-end rate (as advertised on Scotland on Sunday paper). If that fails, I'm holding a booking for some rooms, so email me to reserve one.

Franck
27th-January-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Just wondering how the workshops line up is coming along? Does one have to book for the whole workshop package or can one select (and help keep the cost down). And will the workshops run all day Sunday, as those of us southerners would have to leave at lunchtime to catch the afternoon flight Hi Mary,

Many questions :D

Unfortunately, Bill and Bex had to cancel, due to flying exams / courses, so I had to organize new teachers.
I am hoping to book Bill and Bex again in May :waycool:

All the workshops will be 2 hours, and you can pick & choose what you want.

Any one workshop is £12.50.
You can also choose between 2 packages:

Silver package: any 2 workshops and the party: £30.00
Gold package: any 4 workshops and the party: £50.00

David and Lily Barker will be visiting and teaching on the Saturday and myself, Lisa and Lorna will be filling in the gaps :wink:

SATURDAY:

10.30am 'til 12.30pm: Beginners plus - Developing confidence and using fewer moves to dance better
1.00pm 'til 3.00pm: Style tips for women (with Lily Barker) and Unusual leads for the men(by David Barker).
3.30pm 'til 5.30pm: West Coast Swing for Cerocers: bridging the gap. (David & Lily)

SUNDAY:

11.00am 'til 1.00pm: Classic Intermediate moves - A selection of classic Intermediate moves every improver should have in their repertoire (Lorna)
2.00pm 'til 4.00pm: Essential Footwork and techniques (Lorna)

Bookings are now being taken via email / PM or over the phone (01324-613 209)

Mary
27th-January-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks for that Franck. I will pm with my booking. May book direct with hotel - I know it only saves a pound, but I am a northerner!!!:D

:cheers:

M

Chris
3rd-February-2004, 01:39 PM
For those of us coming up by car on the Friday evening - is there anywhere to go dancing? (eg clubs where there might be room to jive).

Franck - The only way I can get up is by offering to work on the Saturday afternoon and have to travel back Sunday, so probably can't manage workshops or the package - Is it ok to just get a ticket at the door for the Saturday freestyle or do I need to book?

xSalsa_Angelx
3rd-February-2004, 02:39 PM
For those of us coming up by car on the Friday evening - is there anywhere to go dancing? (eg clubs where there might be room to jive).

Franck - The only way I can get up is by offering to work on the Saturday afternoon and have to travel back Sunday, so probably can't manage workshops or the package - Is it ok to just get a ticket at the door for the Saturday freestyle or do I need to book?

Hi Chris,
Usually the cerocers in Aberdeen go downstairs in O donaghues after the class or we go to Jumpin Jaks.

Chris
3rd-February-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by xSalsa_Angelx
Hi Chris,
Usually the cerocers in Aberdeen go downstairs in O donaghues after the class or we go to Jumpin Jaks.
Are either of those any good on a Friday tho?

Bardsey
3rd-February-2004, 02:53 PM
Hi Chris,

I'd be interested to know about this too as we are coming up on the Friday I think. Blimey, I must get sorted out and book it with Franck or I'll end up camping on the beach......Brrrrrrrrrrr!

Bill
3rd-February-2004, 03:14 PM
I'd be interested to know about this too as we are coming up on the Friday I think. Blimey, I must get sorted out and book it with Franck or I'll end up camping on the beach......Brrrrrrrrrrr!

A delightful thought in mid February :grin: Only 2 weeks to go...
better get a place on some of the workshops I suppose. can't miss David & Lily :D

xSalsa_Angelx
3rd-February-2004, 05:17 PM
Are either of those any good on a Friday tho?

Jumping Jaks is busy most nights, Friday and Satudays are usually busier.

DaveD
3rd-February-2004, 08:36 PM
Franck Said

I am hoping to book Bill and Bex again in May

Franck, does this mean another Beach Ballroom Date in May? I need the date now so it can be written in indelible ink on the calendar!

I can't believe SWMBO has tied up the Februray weekend in deepest Fife! Must get to a Beach Ballroom Bash soon

I can't believe that Divissima of Jive Bar fame is coming up and I'm going to miss it :tears:

Dave

Tiggerbabe
4th-February-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by DaveD
I can't believe SWMBO has tied up the Februray weekend in deepest Fife!

Just tell her that she'll be SWSBD if you don't get to the May one Dave :wink: :kiss:

Franck
4th-February-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by DaveD
Franck, does this mean another Beach Ballroom Date in May? I need the date now so it can be written in indelible ink on the calendar! Yep, all the Beach Ballroom dates are set a year in advance :D

The next ones (after the 21st February) are:

Saturday 22nd May (another full week-end of workshops with guest teachers)

Saturday 20th November.

Not forgetting the Big Forum Gathering in September (in Perth).

Liz
4th-February-2004, 05:04 PM
[Not forgetting the Big Forum Gathering in September (in Perth). [/B]

Hi Franck, heard this is good, thinking of coming, whst's the date please?

Bardsey
4th-February-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Liz
Hi Franck, heard this is good, thinking of coming, whst's the date please?

24th September. Should be a blast, everyone who is anyone will be there (I'm coming too, just to lower the tone :rofl: ):D

Franck
4th-February-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Liz
Hi Franck, heard this is good, thinking of coming, whst's the date please? The BFG is set for the week-end of the 24th/25th/26th September, with the main party on Saturday night. You can see this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1809) for background and the latest details :cheers:

Aleks
4th-February-2004, 09:46 PM
Franck, please confirm where the workshops are to be held this time, as I'd rather not be standing outside the wrong place, swearing and calling you names again!!!

Franck
5th-February-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
Franck, please confirm where the workshops are to be held this time, as I'd rather not be standing outside the wrong place, swearing and calling you names again!!! Hey Aleks :D

All the workshops for the Beach week-end will be in the Ramada Jarvis hotel, Market Street (same place as the last beach week-end).

Mary
5th-February-2004, 11:24 AM

All the workshops for the Beach week-end will be in the Ramada Jarvis hotel, Market Street (same place as the last beach week-end). Thanks for that - we'd have been in the wrong place as well :blush:

M

Tiggerbabe
17th-February-2004, 02:09 AM
Are you staying in the Patio then Mary? If so, it's only a ten minute walk to the Jarvis :grin:

Chris
17th-February-2004, 03:02 AM
I expect Franck may be posting maps at some point, but the Ramada Jarvis is very central and easy - here's the multimap reference (http://uk.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=europe&lon=-2.09570003&lat=57.14550018&cat=hot&icon=X) .

It's very walkable from the Station and I seem to remember it's got some nice bar/restaurant chill-out areas, close to shops etc.

I don't know how to put two attachments in one post, but in case it's useful I'll put a couple of Aberdeen maps in this and the next post which I've got to hand already for my work delegates that weekend.

Chris
17th-February-2004, 03:03 AM
Map showing Beach Boulevard from city centre

Chris
17th-February-2004, 03:04 AM
map showing beach ballroom location

Gadget
17th-February-2004, 09:47 AM
The Ramada Jarvis hotel, Market Street (for workshops) is half-way between "Ship Row" and "Union Street"

The Patio Hotel is sort of on the corner of "Beach Boulivard" and "Links Road" - hard to miss.

Mary
17th-February-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Are you staying in the Patio then Mary? If so, it's only a ten minute walk to the Jarvis :grin:

Sorry Sheena, just spotted this. Yes, we are at the Patio - everthing seems quite close walking distance - printed off loads of maps from multimap.

Only a few days away now - really looking forward to it.:clap: :clap:

See you Saturday.:cheers:

M

Bardsey
17th-February-2004, 11:45 AM
map showing beach ballroom location

Thanks for those Chris. I've printed them off. Is the Patio hotel next door to the Beach Ballroom as its not marked on any of your maps? I think we're meeting up with you Friday night, with Salsa Angel so see you then.

TheTramp
17th-February-2004, 12:35 PM
Bardsey,

The patio hotel is on the corner of Beach Boulevard and Links Road (as said in Gadget's post above). Just near the bottom left corner of the P(arking) sign nearest the beach ballroom on Chris' map.

Steve

Bardsey
17th-February-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Bardsey,

The patio hotel is on the corner of Beach Boulevard and Links Road (as said in Gadget's post above). Just near the bottom left corner of the P(arking) sign nearest the beach ballroom on Chris' map.

Steve

Thanks Steve, that's great. See you Saturday.

Jill:hug:

Chris
18th-February-2004, 05:09 AM
Hi Bardsey - that's right - looking forward to all meeting up and thanks to Gadget and Tramp for getting back to the thread with useful directions (before I could add them), and thanks to Salsa Angel for guiding rays! Pleased you found the maps useful :)

All we need now is for Franck and Sheena to keep an eye on the weather and make sure it stays sunny :wink:

xSalsa_Angelx
18th-February-2004, 09:21 AM
Hi Bardsey (Jill) Chris and Sarah

I suppose you have seen pics of me but chris says not one of Andy,

So here is a pic of the weirdos you will be meeting up with on friday night :rofl:

Just so you know what you are letting yourselves in for..!!!

Lynz

xSalsa_Angelx
18th-February-2004, 09:23 AM
P.s that hat he wears he used to take everywhere, until i poured paint on it ,...... Tee Hee

Na only joking, the paint spilled all over the boot of his car and wrecked his hat.

Guess what?? he went and bought a new one, ...... grrrr after trying for 2 years to get rid of that horrible hat he buys a replacement.

Gadget
18th-February-2004, 09:59 AM
All we need now is for Franck and Sheena to keep an eye on the weather and make sure it stays sunny :wink:

Mary
18th-February-2004, 11:15 AM
Wow, Salsa Angel, what a great pic!!:cheers:

Thanks Gadget for the weather forecast. Was going to take big Artic jacket (well, it is Scotland for Chrissakes!), :devil: but wonder if I should downgrade it as it is very bulky. Oh, how I hate packing!:sad:

M

Bardsey
18th-February-2004, 11:25 AM

I suppose you have seen pics of me but chris says not one of Andy,

Great Pic Lynz, so I just look out for the hat then? If he doesn't wear it now, I'll be accosting all these men in Aberdeen who wear a trilby!:rofl:

Bill
18th-February-2004, 12:19 PM
Great Pic Lynz, so I just look out for the hat then? If he doesn't wear it now, I'll be accosting all these men in Aberdeen who wear a trilby!:rofl:

better rememebr to take mine with me then :D :na:

Bardsey
18th-February-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Bill
better rememebr to take mine with me then :D :na:

You don't need one :wink:

xSalsa_Angelx
18th-February-2004, 12:43 PM

The pic was taken a year ago at a new years eve party, the theme was the great gatsby.

He is wearing his suit to the ballroom complete with waistcoat and bow tie, so any excuse to wear that hat :rofl:

xSalsa_Angelx
18th-February-2004, 12:53 PM
Chris was asking if we were both in love ...... think here is all the proof ya need chris :D :drool:

Franck
18th-February-2004, 03:30 PM
There are still tickets for the Beach Ballroom Party on Saturday, email or PM me if you want to reserve them, they might well sell out before Saturday at the rate we're going!

The workshops are now almost full, but I am needing a few extra guys for some of them, so if you're still undecided, contact me as soon as possible :nice:

Finally, once again, for anyone who didn't receive an email from me, All the workshops will take place in the Ramada Jarvis Hotel, market Street, 10 minute walk from the Patio hotel (just off Union Street). You need to book in advance for the workshops, so don't delay!

Having spoken to Lorna, due to her pregnancy, she might not be able to take the workshops on Sunday, but I'll be teaching them.

Sandy
19th-February-2004, 12:01 AM
There are still tickets for the Beach Ballroom Party on Saturday, email or PM me if you want to reserve them, they might well sell out before Saturday at the rate we're going!

Can't wait! Another full weekend! Can I last the pace, who knows but will give it a bloomin good try!

Looking forward to catching up with the Las Palmas folks and all the usual faces as well.

See you there!

Sandy:cheers: :hug:

Bill
19th-February-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
Can't wait! Another full weekend! Can I last the pace, who knows but will give it a bloomin good try!

and I'm sure you'll succeed Sandy :D :cheers:

sarahw31
19th-February-2004, 01:11 PM

here is a pic of the weirdos you will be meeting up with on friday night

Lynz

Hi Lynz,
Thanks for that, great pic :nice:

Very much looking forward to meeting you both tomorrow, and Bardsey :cheers:

And looking forward to meeting Tramp ( sorry I missed you at Newcastle :sad: ) and Franck on Saturday :clap:

Sarah

xSalsa_Angelx
19th-February-2004, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by sarahw31
Hi Lynz,
Thanks for that, great pic :nice:

And looking forward to meeting Tramp ( sorry I missed you at Newcastle :sad: ) and Franck on Saturday :clap:

Sarah

You too Sarah, Will see yas soon :D :clap:

Looking forward to a few drinks and a couple of dances :hug:

TheTramp
19th-February-2004, 01:25 PM
And looking forward to meeting Tramp Looking forward to meeting you too Sarah. Sorry to have missed you in Newcastle - even stayed up on the Monday night in the vague hope, but alas no.

Steve

Bardsey
19th-February-2004, 03:57 PM

Sarah

Me too! Its going to be like a SFG isn't it? We ought to wear a name tag so all forumites can recognise each other!

Lynz and Chris, see you tomorrow night, everyone else, see you Saturday. I'm getting all giddy now, can't wait!:grin:

Bardsey
19th-February-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
Looking forward to catching up with the Las Palmas folks and all the usual faces as well.

I'm travelling up with a guy called John (from Leeds) who was on the Las Palmas holiday last year, so you'll probably know him too. He says he's really looking forward to seeing people from that holiday again too. Sounds like its going to be a get-together/reunion for lots of people!

xSalsa_Angelx
20th-February-2004, 09:07 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait for this weekend :cheers:

Roll on 5 'o' Clock (just in work aswell ...LOL)

sarahw31
20th-February-2004, 09:56 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait for this weekend :cheers:

:yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Pammy
20th-February-2004, 10:35 AM
To everyone going, have a fantastic weekend and Franck, enjoy yourselves :hug:

Wish I was going, but see you all soon, hopefully at the next event!

Pamster
x

Franck
20th-February-2004, 10:59 AM
To everyone going, have a fantastic weekend and Franck, enjoy yourselves :hug: thanks Pammy, :nice:
Shame you couldn't make it this time!

Plenty more opportunities for dances this year, with:

Blackpool (6th March)
the Ceroc Champs (2nd May)
the next Beach Ballroom (22nd May)
the Scottish Jivemasters (24th July)
The Scottish Champs (14th August)
The Big Forum Gathering (25th September)
and or course, my next Beach Ballroom Birthday Bash (20th November) :waycool:

Can't wait, what a year this will be!!!

Minnie M
20th-February-2004, 11:10 AM
To everyone going, have a fantastic weekend and Franck, enjoy yourselves :hug:

Wish I was going..............

me too :tears:

Bill
20th-February-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Minnie M
me too :tears:

You going to make it up for May Minnie ???? Be great to mee tmore forumites :D

Minnie M
20th-February-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Bill
You going to make it up for May Minnie ???? Be great to mee tmore forumites :D

sounds great, :clap: would love to, must remember to start organising about end March etc

Heather
20th-February-2004, 01:42 PM

and or course, my next Beach Ballroom Birthday Bash (20th November) :waycool:

Can't wait, what a year this will be!!! That's not a BIG HINT Franck , is it ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
X

Franck
20th-February-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Heather
That's not a BIG HINT Franck , is it ? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I thought I was being subtle :D

For anyone wondering what we're on about, every year (well the last 2 :wink: ) wonderful dancers have prepared a surprise cabaret dance for the party nearest my birthday... each year so far being better and more outrageous than the previous... so really can't wait for November :yum:

Bill
20th-February-2004, 03:38 PM
I thought I was being subtle :D

each year so far being better and more outrageous than the previous... so really can't wait for November :yum:

can't imagine what the girls wil lhave planned this year !!!! Whatever it is I'll make sure I have my video camera handy :na: :whistle:

Sandy
20th-February-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm travelling up with a guy called John (from Leeds) who was on the Las Palmas holiday last year, so you'll probably know him too. He says he's really looking forward to seeing people from that holiday again too. Sounds like its going to be a get-together/reunion for lots of people!

Brill. See you there

Sandy:grin:

fruitcake
21st-February-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
You'll definitely be in with the crowd if you stay there (party in Sheena's room until 6am).

Steve

Sounds groovy but...I bet...... I JUST BET..... that I am the only one who is working tomorrow!!! Apart from DJ's , teachers etc, but that doesnt count if they are having fun.
I'm gonna have to get up at 0900- isnt that awful;?
See yawl tonight though-goin home for nap first...yawn....ZZZZzzz