PDA

View Full Version : Route 66 16th January 04..new venue

Dance Demon
2nd-January-2004, 01:03 PM
Hi Folks
The first Roue 66 of 2004 is on Friday 16th January, and is in a new venue, now that Westfield has been sold and is being turned (so I'm told) into a nursery:tears: :tears:
The new venue is THE GREENWAY CENTRE, 75a HARVESTERS WAY, EDINBURGH. It is easily reached for everyone from outside Edinburgh, being on the west outskirts of the city. It is slightly larger than the Westfield, and has a lovely dance floor and a bar. All the details including a map are on www.route66jive.com . So from Dr Feelgood, Irene, Ruth and me...HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE, we look forward to seeing you all soon:D
:cheers:

Dance Demon
9th-January-2004, 10:45 PM
Well' just a week to go 'til the first R66 in the new venue, and we have a good news for those who bought tickets for the Xmas party, but didn't get there because of the snow..........If you bought a ticket, bring it with you next friday(16th January), and you will get in for free. ( This offer only applies to people who actually paid for a ticket, and not to those who reserved tickets to be paid for on the night )........hopefully this will help to make up for the disappointment of missing the xmas party:D
look forward to seeing you all. all the details including directions to the Greenway centre available on www.route66jive.com

Twinkle Toes
13th-January-2004, 09:00 PM
Looking forward to Friday DD .... and the change of venue.

I think it would be worth mentioning though, that folks coming from the North, come onto the City Bypass at the Gyle, and come off at the next junction Hermiston Gate (City Centre)

Folks from Glasgow M8, don't go onto the city bypass, they come straight off at Hermiston Gate, and take the slip road up hill to Calder Rd (A71) and then 1st right at traffic lights/roundabout onto Westerhailes Rd (B701).

Can't remember if there is one or two sets of traffic lights after that, but it is the set where the Petrol Station is on the left, turn left, then right into the centre car park . . . yes/no ?

TT x

Dr. Feelgood
14th-January-2004, 12:34 AM
Think it's the second set of lights. The set immediatley after going under railway bridge - go left at the lights then immediately hard left again and follow the road round until you come to the centre on your right.

Unless you're coming from the other direction, of course.

And in case of any confusion, go left at the top of the slip road at Hermiston Gait

Lindsay
14th-January-2004, 02:07 PM
Dr F reminded me last night it's THIS FRIDAY!!!

Looking forward to another eve. of quality music :cheers:

Dance Demon
14th-January-2004, 05:22 PM
Coming from the North or West, once you come to the top of the slip road from Hermiston Gait, you turn left, following the city centre signs. carry on along the dual carriageway, until you come to a roundabout (Bankhead ). Take the 3rd exit following the signs for Lanark, Colinton, Wester Hailes. Carry on up the dual carriageway until you reach a junction with traffic lights. On your left you will see the Odeon Cinema complex. Go straight on at the lights, past the Odeon, you will then go under a railway bridge. Immediately after the railway bridge is a set of traffic lights. Turn left at these lights, then immediately left again, and follow the road around for approx 300 yds. The Greenway Centre is on your Right. At the end of the building is a set of double gates, with Function Suite on. This is the way in. There is space for perhaps a dozen cars if you are there early, failing that there is ample space on the street which is covered by cctv cameras, and we will also have someone there to direct you where to park....

Phew...... I hope that all makes sense, and look forward to seeing you all for a night of dancing to the Hot licks and cool grooves provided by Dr Feelgood an' me :waycool:

Chicklet
14th-January-2004, 05:35 PM
if you were a REAL host you'd organise a chain of half naked firemen with signs from the end of the M8 to the front door!!!

Honestly, standards are slipping these days:eek:

See you soon / there :kiss:

Aleks
14th-January-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
if you were a REAL host you'd organise a chain of half naked firemen with signs from the end of the M8 to the front door!!!

Honestly, standards are slipping these days:eek:

See you soon / there :kiss:

Do you have a preference for which half?

Twinkle Toes
14th-January-2004, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Aleks
Do you have a preference for which half?

It would have to be the top half. In this weather, it would be a waste the other way round !!! :devil:

TT x

Dance Demon
14th-January-2004, 11:01 PM
Think they might suffer from frozen hoses TT......:blush:

Oops ,......better be careful we don't get taken upstairs.....:D

Dance Demon
16th-January-2004, 11:29 AM
Yay......seems like we've got a couple of birthday girls coming along tonight:waycool: ........Aleks & wendy..must make sure there are some crocs for the occasion:drool: :drool: .......

Wendy
16th-January-2004, 01:13 PM
Sorry.. this birthday girl isn't going......... so save some crocs for another day...

Have a great night !!!!!

Wxxxx

Lindsay
16th-January-2004, 03:58 PM
Happy birthday Wendy!!

Shame you won't be there, have a good'un!

Heather
17th-January-2004, 12:56 PM
:D :D Congratulations John, on finding such a fabulous replacement venue for the Westfield Halls!!!
MUCH NICER!! Great dance floor, (bigger, even with tables all round the room). Well worth the trip from Dundee, nearly found it first try (one short detour).
Lots of lovely dances , great to see the 'Lovely Roy' up from Manchester :wink: Muffins from the Birthday girl, Aleks.
Wonderful sounds from the DJ (s). Almost a perfect night (apart from cold, wet , rainy weather:sick: ).
Thanks John, Linda and I had a brilliant time, looking forward to the next one - Latin Lovers- now what the H*** do you dress up as for THAT theme?? Ideas/ clues please!!!!!

:kiss: :hug:
Heather,
XX

Dance Demon
17th-January-2004, 01:33 PM
Hey Heather ....glad you liked it:D ....It took us a while to find it too, but once we saw it, we thought it was perfect. We were a bit worried that some people would not find us, as it appeared the attachment on the email with the directions on wouldn't open on some folks PCs, and the map on the website wouldn't open on some others.......However it seems by the numbers that did turn up, that everyone found us . Nice to see John & Hazel with us for the first time, and to have Chicklet back with us, and of course Heather & Linda from the MAd crew ......We had a great time, as always and are looking forward to 13h February for the Latin Lovers night:waycool: ...............C'mon Heather, you must have seen all those pics of sexy latinos.........you know, dressed slit to the neck etc....

:drool: :drool:

Thanks again from Dr Feelgood and me to everyone for their continued support....:cheers:

PS, I wrote down the playlist for the bluesy hour at the end of the night, and will post it in the DJ booth.

Chicklet
19th-January-2004, 10:58 AM
Well what can I say,

Fab Venue
Fab Crowd
Fab Music
Fab Dancing (little bits are starting to come back to me after my poor attendance of late!)

Had a really great night, congrats to DD and crew, it's a winner (not that we had any doubt):D

Southern friends take note, a trip up to see our great Ceroc nights won't ever be complete without also trying this wee (actually that should probably be BIG) gem!!

C:waycool:

Dance Demon
19th-January-2004, 04:16 PM
Aww Chickie....you're too nice:hug: really Glad you enjoyed it. It was a big relief for Dave and me that it all went without a hitch. the venue is a really great find, and we are looking forward to operating from there. ('specially in the summer, with the patio and garden out back :waycool: .. was also really nice to have you back with us. Next time bring norma with you too...:hug: :hug: :kiss: