PDA

View Full Version : Northwich

Alfie
2nd-January-2004, 10:56 AM
Hi All,
Is any one going to Northwich on Saturday? Should be a good night if it it's up to Gus's usual excellent standard. It would be nice to meet some more people from the forum as we wont be stuck selling shoes all night.
Ladies please ask me to dance. See you there:grin:

Emma
2nd-January-2004, 12:23 PM
Ohh..I'm going to be in Birmingham on Saturday...that's sort of tempting :) Would love to dance with you again Alfie! :cheers:

Alfie
2nd-January-2004, 01:30 PM
we would love to see you again EM and maybe gus would let you do a guest set if you bring your discs.
Hope to see you on saturday looking forward to a dance:D :wink:

Emma
2nd-January-2004, 01:38 PM
Hee hee yep, I'm coming, and bringing two MJ virgins with me from Brum :) Hurrah! Can't wait!! See you there!! :cheers: x

Gus
2nd-January-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Alfie

Hope to see you on saturday looking forward to a dance:D :wink:

Shaping up for another fun night. Seems like our London exiles (Ste and Paul F) should be making an appearance. Expecting the usual crowd of tempting dancers: Helen Z, Mr & Mrs Broadie, Pistol Pete, Clare D, Alan W etc. etc.

Got Punkfish supporting me on the decks … and I feel the need to play some of the Motown and Soul tracks that have been gathering dust for a while …. plus a few Salsa/Latin requests that I didn’t get chance to play last time.

Also got a very special Demo for the fun lesson…..:wink:

Alfie
2nd-January-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Emma
Hee hee yep, I'm coming, and bringing two MJ virgins with me from Brum :) Hurrah! Can't wait!! See you there!! :cheers: x

Ooer I like virgins. Are they just for me or will I have to share? :D

Gus
4th-January-2004, 03:19 PM
Thanks to all those who turned up last night .... cracking night (180+), good representation from the NWest Forumites .... Ste, Paul F, Punkfish, RobBoy, Alfie to name but a few.

Dance With a Stranger competition at the Feb event ... enough to tempt any visitors?:waycool:

Ste
5th-January-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah, thanks to Gus and Ant for great tracks.

I really, really enjoyed myself. Some really good dancers there too and the floor was wonderful. Just right.

i danced at the beginning of the evening with a lady whose timing was incredible...delicious even!She wasn't well known though to my knowledge.

Scouse Mouse

Gus
5th-January-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Ste
i danced at the beginning of the evening with a lady whose timing was incredible...delicious even!She wasn't well known though to my knowledge.

Incredible - good or incredible - bad ?:devil: :devil:

Seriously though, description, what was she wearing etc.?? MUST FIND the woman who has so impressed the Wongster!

Ste
7th-January-2004, 12:28 AM
She was a blonde haired girl, with curly hair.

Great timimg.

Dressed in black. Really really good. I told her that but she was surpirsed about this.

Might go on Thursday.

Daisy Chain
8th-January-2004, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Ste
She was a blonde haired girl, with curly hair.

Great timimg.

Dressed in black. Really really good. I told her that but she was surpirsed about this.

Might go on Thursday.

Hello Ste

I think I know the girl you mean, very small, with a blue and black top and she had a shock of very curly hair like Orphan Annie but a much nicer colour. I danced with her because we were both unsuccessfully prowling the floor looking for a man whilst a really good track was being played.

She was great to dance with and leads fabulously well. I hate to say this Boys but she was the best lead all night but I did dance with some lovely men too.

No idea who she was, never seen her before but I'd definitely dance with her again for the sheer pleasure of just dancing. It's a real joy to dance with someone who moves like you do yourself, come to think of it, quite a few men don't move at all. Now I understand why several forumites advocate men taking the ladies part. Mind you, I still need my Fave Boys for the sexy moves...

The slightly less delectable,

Daisy Chain

Gus
8th-January-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Daisy Chain
Hello Ste

I think I know the girl you mean, very small, with a blue and black top and she had a shock of very curly hair like Orphan Annie but a much nicer colour.

Aha ... think who that may be:grin: From the physical description, and the comments re her lead, its probably Fiona B, ex-Ceroc teacher from York(?) ... now based in Chester and an increasingly regular dancer at Blitz Chester. She is a WONDERFUL dancer and a great person to boot. Hope to have her down a as regular for future freestyles.