PDA

View Full Version : Wolverhampton

John S
18th-August-2002, 06:32 PM
I plan on being at Ceroc in Wolverhampton on Thursday - as this forum seems to have an international readership, is there anyone reading this who'll be there too?

I remember being at Ceroc there 2-3 years ago, and it was really a super venue.

Gus
19th-August-2002, 12:28 AM
If you're in the Midlands or North West again drop us a line ... there are a number of very good clubs that have become more established over the last 2 years.

Wolves is pretty good club but the standard of dacning is better at places like Solihull and Whytall in the Mids and Nantwich and Bowden in the North West.

If you're travelling father afield, Nottingham (Marcus Garvey venue) probably has the best standard in the Midlands

John S
19th-August-2002, 01:30 AM
Thanks, Gus. I'll actually be in the Manchester area over the Bank Holiday weekend if you've any good tips.

I've been to Bowden quite often (although not for a few months now) and although there a lot of extremely good dancers, certainly better than me, it has always been extremely crowded when I've gone purely coincidence, of course and there isn't a lot of room to just watch.

Gus
19th-August-2002, 01:35 AM
For club freestyles Nantwich is generaly regarded as hosting the best events in the North .... I know I'm biased but even the competition agree with that. For the biggest freestyles, Blitz run good events at Stockport Toen hall, usualy once a month ... ask Bill for an impartial view.

For a listing of what is on, consult the events listing at www.modernjive.com, it contains a comprehensive listing of all Northern (England) dance events. If you see any you want a view on, just mail me.