PDA

View Full Version : ideas for bored of Sale???

Ste
31st-December-2003, 01:41 AM
Hello Peeps from Manchester...yes Manchester!!!!!

I am so totally bored.

it's so boring in Sale. Brrrr and cold!!!!!!!!!!!

One highlight of my recent move to Manchester was the Blitz night on Tuesday in Bowden. I almost did not bother to go as I do not have a car but I made it and really made the most of it. I had a great time...for the first time in ages { apart from Bromborough (!) } And I got a lift home...!

How I pine for Fulham on a Thursday night !!!!And Hammersmith!!And Amir's class! And Cricklewood!!!You London guys don't know how lucky you are.....bah humbug.

Is there any Salsa near Sale or Altrincham????Manchester is too far away.EEEKK I AM TURNING INTO A COUCH POTATO!!!!!

Ste

Paul F
31st-December-2003, 02:31 AM
Hi Ste,

It is a bit of a shock to the system coming from somewhere densly populated with classes to an area thats not.

I did that a few months back!. Not nice but there are a few classes up here to keep you going.

As for salsa clubs, I go into Manchester usually for the classes or to Wigan which is near where I live. Excellent class there.
Classes in Sale and Altrincham........I believe I have seen some but unless they advertise with the major websites -

http://www.salsajive.co.uk/
http://www.uksalsa.com/

then i couldnt really advise you. There are classes in places such as Didsbury but as for S + A , not sure.

The trouble with a lot of salsa classes is the frequency with which they close down and open up somewhere else. It gets very confusing.

Gus
31st-December-2003, 09:28 AM
Steve,

good to see you last week ... but I think you are doing the area an injustice. Theres a very strong Salsa scene in Manchester and surrounding area. Get in contact with Keith of Chance to Dance fame .. he's a well known salsero. The SalsaJive site suggested by Paul is usefull but not alwys up to date.

Re MJ, well there is Tues and Thurs at Bowden ... and someone should always be going your way.

Re transport .... you can't be far from the Metro (Northern quivalent of the Tube) and if you're going to freestyles ... well just ask around or ask one of the Franchisees to spread the word. Load of people coming down to the next big event (after NY) ... Northwich this coming Saturday.

Ste
31st-December-2003, 04:51 PM
Thanks Paul and Gus

I appreciate your kind info.

Yeayh, the salsa thing is a bit confusing but that's probably more to do with my mental state and my flat mates dodgy computer. I somehow managed to print my self a list of venues.

I even found some tango things...not the drink.

I must say that when I went up from London to Brum, a few people got in contact with me and really looked after me and I have met some friendly people up here as well!:nice: :cheers:

At least I don't have to get back into martial arts for my kicks...hehe.

Scouse Mouse Ste

Ste
1st-January-2004, 04:19 PM
Well I did make it to Stockport TOwn Hall for the Blitz New Years night. Many thanks for making me so welcome. It was a great night.