PDA

View Full Version : What's in a name?

Sheepman
30th-December-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
great track - also the english version 'you promised me' is good
Can't really say why I much prefer the French version, just the English one sounds so common. It lacks a certain "je ne sais quoi."

For a while I was going to be christened "Gregoire", because although my Dad was English, my Mum was . . .

. . . pretentious!

Greg

ChrisA
30th-December-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
For a while I was going to be christened "Gregoire", because although my Dad was English, my Mum was . . .

. . . pretentious!

"Le Moutonster" doesn't quite have the same ring, either :D

Lounge Lizard
30th-December-2003, 09:03 PM
Can't really say why I much prefer the French version, just the English one sounds so common. It lacks a certain "je ne sais quoi."

. . . pretentious!

Greg
tell me about it - up till I was 16 at school and at home I was called Simon (my middle name) but my mum thought it looked better spelt symone:what: bless her
I was the only boy in our school with a pink medical card!
I left school at 16 and became peter the next day.

DavidB
30th-December-2003, 09:20 PM
symone
{snip}
I left school at 16 And went where???

I only ask because there was a production of The Lounge Lizard of Oz (http://www.yale.edu/yags/show2000/crew2000.html) at Yale University with a 'Simone' in the crew, and "Random Flying Objects" and "General Mayhem" involved.

DavidB
30th-December-2003, 09:21 PM
And the only person in the photos wearing a bandana would definitely have a pink medical card...

http://www.yale.edu/yags/show2000/pics/Wicked_Witch.jpg

Lounge Lizard
30th-December-2003, 10:03 PM
Now is that google or are you really that impressive

Back then it was a ponytail and motorbike.
There I was in school surrounded by skinheads with a girl’s name and shoulder length hair.

DavidB
30th-December-2003, 11:26 PM
skinheads with a girl’s name and shoulder length hair. Wierdest skinheads I've ever heard of

Sheepman
31st-December-2003, 02:05 PM
I was going to be christened "Gregoire", because although my Dad was English, my Mum was . . .

. . . pretentious!

Uh oh, what has Franck started here, with another thread split? I would like to point out that it was just a joke, entirely fictitious, but it was interesting to learn about Symone (see ya later Sy :wink: ) and there must be plenty more such stories out there?

Gregory