PDA

View Full Version : 100 Club

foxylady
27th-December-2003, 02:00 PM
Anyone heading for the 100 club on Monday - there's a post xmas boogie with the 'Ronnie Scotts Rejects' playing? Boomer had said he was up for it - but where is he ?????

Not much dancing around in London next week - anyone know of anything else ?

Divissima
27th-December-2003, 02:03 PM
Oooooooh - sounds like a great idea. The 100 Club is fantastic!!!

Boomer
27th-December-2003, 09:08 PM
If they still plan to have beginners classes there I could well be tempted - after me enforced absence I need to get out there again...even if it is Lindy :grin:

foxylady
27th-December-2003, 09:39 PM
Boomer me darlin' nice to know you're still alive !!

There's a beginners lesson (7.45-8.30), as well as an intermediate running in parallel... Come along... get those dancing feet back in action..

Boomer
27th-December-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by foxylady
Boomer me darlin' nice to know you're still alive !!

There's a beginners lesson (7.45-8.30), as well as an intermediate running in parallel... Come along... get those dancing feet back in action..

Sounds like a plan to me! :grin:

ChrisA
28th-December-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
Sounds like a plan to me! :grin:
Two gals and one guy so far...

... looks like I should do the decent thing and even up the numbers a bit...

Anyone know what sort of music Simon Selmon is likely to play - seems he's DJing according to www.the100club.co.uk/whatson.asp (http://www.the100club.co.uk/whatson.asp) . I mean obviously it'll be pretty swing oriented... but hopefully a jivable selection.

I assume it's the same Simon Selmon?

Chris

ChrisA
28th-December-2003, 05:14 PM
doh :tears:

Boomer
28th-December-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
doh :tears:

Why Doh? Right, that's four of us....will there be many others :what: Can't do a beginners class on my own! Oh, and one of you lot are gonna have to hold my hand with this Lindy stuff, I hear it has.....FOOTWORK!!!!:tears:

Divissima
28th-December-2003, 07:20 PM
Don't worry, Steve - I'm a beginner when it comes to lindy too.
I may have spoken too soon - not sure if I'm going to make it after all :tears:
Will see what I can do to swing it... :wink:

foxylady
28th-December-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Will see what I can do to swing it... :wink:

:rofl: :rofl:

Seriously though, would be a shame if you can't make it...

foxylady
28th-December-2003, 08:12 PM
I mean obviously it'll be pretty swing oriented... but hopefully a jivable selection.

Chris

With such a sophisticated sense of musicality (wot you have) isn't everything jiveable ??

(and haven't you been doing west coast swing ?? or am I misremembering ?)

ChrisA
28th-December-2003, 08:26 PM
Not much dancing around in London next week - anyone know of anything else ?
According to the CerocMetro mailout...

"Just to remind you that Finchley/Whetstone is open on Monday and Tuesday 29th & 30th December 8-11pm. All Saints Arts Centre, 122 Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone, North London. 5 minute walk Totteridge & Whetstone Tube."

Is this any better for anyone?? The 100 Club thing goes on till 12, though.

With such a sophisticated sense of musicality (wot you have) isn't everything jiveable ??
Cheque's in the post, darlin' :D :D

(and haven't you been doing west coast swing ?? or am I misremembering ?) I've been to a few WCS lessons... not the same thing at all :blush: :blush:

Chris

Boomer
28th-December-2003, 08:47 PM
Right, I'm off to work :tears: 12am close is very tempting...but so is the familiarity of a Ceroc venue...I'm in lemming mode, so will let you lot decide :grin:

Boomer
28th-December-2003, 10:47 PM
Damn, Finchley has no bar :sad: now I really can't decide...oh god I'm just pathetic :tears:....don't suppose they have a 'bring a bottle' policy do they?

foxylady
28th-December-2003, 11:28 PM
Personally, I'll stick with the 100 club for Monday, and head to whetstone on tues... but then I'm addicted

They do sell beer and (IMHO dodgy) wine at whetstone...

:cheers:

Debster
29th-December-2003, 02:09 PM
Hmmm.... 100 club is really my part of town... and I need the exercise... and if a few familiar faces might be there... I'm nearly convinced. Anyone else up for a beginners class?

ChrisA
29th-December-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Debster
Hmmm.... 100 club is really my part of town... and I need the exercise... and if a few familiar faces might be there... I'm nearly convinced. Anyone else up for a beginners class?
This is turning into a proper 'sters outing. Seeya later :cheers:

Come on, now, Boomster and Divster, sort yourselves out :waycool:

All we need is a 'sters handle for Foxy. Any suggestions? "Foxter" comes to mind...

Chris

Debster
29th-December-2003, 05:44 PM
Life is conspiring against me this evening I'm afraid... I can't go tonight. Hope you all have fun! Maybe we could pick another Monday to go again.

Cheers! See you all next year!
:cheers:

Mary
29th-December-2003, 05:59 PM
We thought we might pop along to Chesham tonight.

Mster

Divissima
29th-December-2003, 06:11 PM
Sorry, guys, events also conspiring against me :tears:
Doesn't look likely I'll make any dancing tonight.
However, I reckon we should arrange an outing to the 100 Club - they have some great bands there.
Sorry, Tessa - will meet you one day!

ChrisA
29th-December-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
Sorry, guys, events also conspiring against me :tears:
Doesn't look likely I'll make any dancing tonight.

Well I don't think it's fair on Foxy to inflict myself on her for the whole night as potentially the only non-Lindy Hopper in the place, so maybe I'll rethink too.

Chesham and Finchley seem to be reasonable alternates...

Chris

foxylady
29th-December-2003, 07:16 PM

Well I don't think it's fair on Foxy to inflict myself on her for the whole night as potentially the only non-Lindy Hopper in the place, so maybe I'll rethink too.

Dancing with you all night Chris would be an honour...

....but unless there is a crowd of you the 100 club can be a pretty miserable place if you don't lindy.. There are always a dozen or so cerocers, but one doesn't necessarily find them..

Boomer hasn't let on where he is going...

I was christened Foxter a while back (by Greg or Boomer can't remember which - the Hipsters thread I think), but I don't think I'm enough of a regular to hold on to the title... Foxy'll do nicely

Boomer
29th-December-2003, 07:20 PM
Can't make anything tonight, priorities doing thier usual cr*p. Crossing fingers for tomorrow.

ChrisA
29th-December-2003, 07:34 PM
Dancing with you all night Chris would be an honour...

You're too kind :hug: but you'd soon find out how quickly I run out of ideas :blush:

I was christened Foxter a while back (by Greg or Boomer can't remember which - the Hipsters thread I think), but I don't think I'm enough of a regular to hold on to the title... Foxy'll do nicely Nah... Foxy can't be a 'sters handle, by definition.

If the Sheepster and/or Boomster, or indeed a quorum of any of the senior 'sters allow Foxter, then that would be fine. One's "'ster" designation isn't about how often you post, in any case ... it's more about wiggling coefficients, as I'm sure they'll confirm.

And I am well-qualified to confirm that yours is more than adequate, having carried out numerous covert calibration operations in recent times :cheers:

Maybe see you tomorrow at Finchley?

Chris

Divissima
29th-December-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posed by Coolster:
I am well-qualified to confirm that yours is more than adequate, having carried out numerous covert calibration operations in recent times Next thing you know, Chris'll be commenting on your chassis! :really: :wink: