PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted Xmas Presents

Gus
27th-December-2003, 10:30 AM
OK ... time to confess ... you must have had SOME Xmas presents that you really dont want ....... want to share?:wink:

(Just make sure the present giver is not on the forum:really: )

Forte
27th-December-2003, 04:11 PM
You go first then, Gus...:blush:

Gus
27th-December-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Forte
You go first then, Gus...:blush:

Sorry .... can't oblidge .... I still believe in the Chritian meaning of Xmas and that all the pressie giving is of no relevance .... except for kiddies where I believe its a great idea. Long story short, ny family stopped buying useles pressies for each other a long time ago ... we dont need a present from each otehr to know how much we love each other .... and the same goes for most of my mates.

So ... I did get a few pressies but they were all small but 'perfectly formed'.:grin:

Having said that ... up to a few years ago my Mum STILL insisted on buying me shirts that I would NEVER wear:tears:

Boomer
27th-December-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Having said that ... up to a few years ago my Mum STILL insisted on buying me shirts that I would NEVER wear:tears:

Maybe the McGregor would take them as a job-lot :devil:

Forte
28th-December-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Sorry .... can't oblidge .... I still believe in the Chritian meaning of Xmas and that all the pressie giving is of no relevance .... except for kiddies where I believe its a great idea. Long story short, ny family stopped buying useles pressies for each other a long time ago ... we dont need a present from each otehr to know how much we love each other .... and the same goes for most of my mates.

So ... I did get a few pressies but they were all small but 'perfectly formed'.:grin:

Very confusing...starting a thread you don't want to take part in...:rolleyes: Plus calling Christmas...xmas...:confused:

Gus
28th-December-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Forte
Very confusing...starting a thread you don't want to take part in...:rolleyes: Plus calling Christmas...xmas...:confused:

Hey ... I was bored and uninspired ... thought someone else might have found it amusing ....

.... OK ... will crawl back under rock again:wink:

Come to think of it, considering some of the heated debates recently maybe there is a dnager of starting a "Chritsmas should be only for Chritian believers" and see if we can start a reglious flamewar to match the gay flamewar elsewhere:tears:

Emma
28th-December-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Gus
the gay flamewar There's a joke in there somewhere.....but I'm not going there! :what: :grin:

Dance Demon
28th-December-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Hmm.......were they not orange enough then Gus? :wink: :D

stewart38
29th-December-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Hey ... I was bored and uninspired ... thought someone else might have found it amusing ....

.... OK ... will crawl back under rock again:wink:

Come to think of it, considering some of the heated debates recently maybe there is a dnager of starting a "Chritsmas should be only for Chritian believers" and see if we can start a reglious flamewar to match the gay flamewar elsewhere:tears:

How about a spelling and grammar check for you next year.

42 typos :blush: in 3 posts

TheTramp
29th-December-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by stewart38
How about a spelling and grammar check for you next year.

42 typos :blush: in 3 posts No need to exaggarate. I only counted 10!! :rolleyes:

Steve

stewart38
29th-December-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
No need to exaggarate. I only counted 10!! :rolleyes:

Steve

Ok I can see 16

Anyway re the thread I didn't get a single 'naff' present this year :grin:

Bill
30th-December-2003, 01:43 AM
either did I ........ even the slippers and the dressing gown were badly needed. I'll be asking for more socks soon:sick:

but lots of really nice presents this year...and too many actually including a mini skeleton ( or is that skelington Fran) which is great :D

Forte
31st-December-2003, 12:18 PM
I got chocolates (Thorntons dammit) that I didn't want to eat BUT I DID:tears:

Sheepman
31st-December-2003, 01:56 PM
The DVD of Evita, will I change my mind after I've watched it? (I fell asleep the first time I tried.)

Greg

Pammy
5th-January-2004, 10:43 AM
I received an item that resembles (visually) a set of weighing scales, it has wheels on the bottom and a light with a foot operated on/off switch.

It is infact, a mobile plant uplighter.

It is the tackiest thing I've ever seen.

Anyone want it? Let me know....

:grin:

Emma
5th-January-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
I received an item that resembles (visually) a set of weighing scales, it has wheels on the bottom and a light with a foot operated on/off switch.

What you need now is a mobile plant........:wink:

Pammy
5th-January-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Emma

Wherever they bought it, I'm sure they sold them too! :wink:

Bardsey
5th-January-2004, 11:59 AM

It is the tackiest thing I've ever seen.

Anyone want it? Let me know....

:grin:

That's a belter Pammy! Someone obviously thinks you are the "girl who has everything! so got you something totally different!

My ex partner bought me a DVD player (just what I wanted) a ber of chocolate (always what I want) and the new Epilator that kinda "sands" your legs! Do you think he is trying to tell me something?:rofl:

Pammy
5th-January-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Do you think he is trying to tell me something?:rofl:

If he's an *ex* partner, he can tell you what he likes, but whether you *listen* is up to you :wink: :hug:

Px

Bardsey
5th-January-2004, 12:10 PM
If he's an *ex* partner, he can tell you what he likes, but whether you *listen* is up to you :wink: :hug:

Px

Quite true! I'm not listening :rofl:

Bill
6th-January-2004, 02:20 PM

My ex partner bought me a DVD player (just what I wanted) a ber of chocolate (always what I want) and the new Epilator that kinda "sands" your legs! Do you think he is trying to tell me something?:rofl:

Your ex bought you a DVD player !!!!!!!!! a generous sole obviously :D :rolleyes: As for the epilator................. I can't beleive your legs need a good 'sanding' :wink:

Bardsey
6th-January-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Bill
Your ex bought you a DVD player !!!!!!!!! a generous sole obviously :D :rolleyes: As for the epilator................. I can't beleive your legs need a good 'sanding' :wink:

:rofl: No I don't think they do either, but there is a method in his madness. He's trying to prove that by taking note of me saying a while ago that I was going to buy myself both those things after Christmas, that he's a changed man! Its his way of trying to win me back.....has it worked? NOT A CHANCE :rofl:

Pammy
6th-January-2004, 04:10 PM
.....has it worked? NOT A CHANCE :rofl:

Do you not think he could keep it up (the changed man part that is! :wink:) ?? :innocent:

Bardsey
6th-January-2004, 04:48 PM
Do you not think he could keep it up (the changed man part that is! :wink:) ?? :innocent:

Doubt it, does a leopard change its spots? Anyway not interested. He's had his chance....boats gone!

Pammy
6th-January-2004, 05:45 PM
Bugger, wrong button :tears:

Story of my life!

Pammy
6th-January-2004, 05:45 PM
Doubt it, does a leopard change its spots? Anyway not interested. He's had his chance....boats gone!

The boats gone and the dvd's been played :wink:

:rofl:

Bill
7th-January-2004, 05:22 PM

But in the meantime you can lovely smooth legs and watch some nice films :D :na:

Bardsey
7th-January-2004, 05:29 PM
But in the meantime you can lovely smooth legs and watch some nice films :D :na:

Absolutely :rofl:

Pammy
7th-January-2004, 05:34 PM

Or you could plan revenge with your sanding machine :wink: :devil:

Bardsey
7th-January-2004, 05:37 PM
Or you could plan revenge with your sanding machine :wink: :devil:

The mind boggles! Mmmm I have a cunning plan.........:rofl:

Pammy
7th-January-2004, 05:38 PM
The mind boggles! Mmmm I have a cunning plan.........:rofl:

Can I join in :devil: ???

Dreadful Scathe
7th-January-2004, 05:41 PM
The mind boggles

No boggling till February - new forum rule :)

Bardsey
7th-January-2004, 05:44 PM
Can I join in :devil: ???

Of course, you can be my co-conspiritor! I've just PMd you, Pammy.

No boggling till February - new forum rule

Spoilsport!

Pammy
8th-January-2004, 10:36 AM
I guess, going back on the thread, the EX is your unwanted xmas present :wink:

Bardsey
8th-January-2004, 12:04 PM
I guess, going back on the thread, the EX is your unwanted xmas present :wink:

Yes I guess you're right :rofl:

The actual unwanted gift was a belt that a friend bought me, but I think it was made for a child, cos its so small. Still, she also bought me a silver evening bag cos she says I'm the glitter queen.

Pammy
8th-January-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm the glitter queen.

Oh, such a title. I bow to your greatness o'sparkly one :grin:

Thank heavens for sparkly attire :hug:

Bardsey
8th-January-2004, 12:35 PM
Oh, such a title. I bow to your greatness o'sparkly one :grin:

Thank heavens for sparkly attire :hug:

Ah yes but my friend isn't a cerocer nor a forumite, so she doesn't know the extent of the sparkling queendom (or kingdom even). I feel, after reading some of the posts on here, that I am a mere maid in comparison with what I imagine some of them look like in their sparkles!

Long live sparkles!

Pammy
8th-January-2004, 03:13 PM
Long live sparkles!

I'll drink to that ! :cheers:

DavidY
8th-January-2005, 12:18 PM
OK ... time to confess ... you must have had SOME Xmas presents that you really dont want ....... want to share?:wink:

(Just make sure the present giver is not on the forum:really: )Some (non-dancing) friends gave me a CD compilation box set. Including a "bonus Karaoke CD" (with lyrics) and a track called "Dance the Night Away" by a group called "The Mavericks". :rofl:

Andy McGregor
8th-January-2005, 01:57 PM
the gay flamewar elsewhere:tears:

This is, of course, a typo. Gus actually meant to type "gay flameware". This is glittery and very gay* clothing as worn by fab dancers everywhere - and given by Gus's mother for "Xmas".

*I am using the word "gay" as it should be used.

Gus
8th-January-2005, 02:14 PM
I'd forgotten all about this thread .... funny looking back at it .. especialy the passing comment about a religous flamewar ... that eventualy did come to pass coutesy of young DS.

From the lack of postings it looked like most people did enjoy their pressies ... is this a sign that people are actualy being more carefull and considerate when buying pressies ... or the fact that we are actualy in need of woolly pullovers, extra pairs of socks and 3 tons of chocolate?

Andy McGregor
8th-January-2005, 03:16 PM
or the fact that we are actualy in need of woolly pullovers, extra pairs of socks and 3 tons of chocolate?

For me it's a sign of getting old :tears: There comes a time when you unwrap your presents and you find yourself thinking "that's handy, I need some new socks"...

Magic Hans
8th-January-2005, 07:15 PM
Hmm.......were they not orange enough then Gus? :wink: :D

... quick question Gus ...... you don't, by any chance, have any Dutch relatives do you??

:na:

Magic Hans
8th-January-2005, 07:24 PM

Triffid????? :d

Magic Hans
8th-January-2005, 07:25 PM

Not from Dover is he???? .... this sole!! :D:D

Magic Hans
8th-January-2005, 07:26 PM
No boggling till February - new forum rule :)

How's about oggling???? [ or is that ogling?? ] :confused: :confused:

Northants Girly
9th-January-2005, 01:58 AM
How's about oggling???? [ or is that ogling?? ] :confused: :confused:Trousers or Mr McGregor should be able to put you striaght on this one :whistle: