PDA

View Full Version : New Live Chat feature added on the Forum

Franck
11th-July-2011, 02:35 AM
I've been busy this week-end and added a brand new Chat feature. If you check bottom right of the page, you will see a list of members available to chat, and tabs with on-going chats. You can join any public chat, invite online members and create private chats with one or more Forumites.

I've tested it over Sunday and it looks really promising and fun to use.

Chats will follow you between pages and you can open them in separate windows for convenience.

Let me know if you have any questions.

FirstMove
12th-July-2011, 11:45 PM
I don't see any chat links/buttons/boxes/pulldowns/clickable things. Do I need Silver membership?

FM

DavidY
13th-July-2011, 07:15 AM
I don't see any chat links/buttons/boxes/pulldowns/clickable things. Do I need Silver membership?

FMI'm pretty sure it works for non-Silver members. My browser is set to block various things and I did need to unblock "envolve.com" to make it appear. It should appear at the bottom in the same place as Facebook Chat.

Whitebeard
13th-July-2011, 10:45 AM
I see those chat boxes alright but something, and it looks as though it might be this feature?, is making pages very slow to finish loading.

Maxine
13th-July-2011, 01:42 PM
What I’m not sure of is other people can see me on chat, as I’m supposed to invisible but I can see myself on the chat list. If I can be seen, it rather negates any of the benefits of being invisible.

I can see 3 lots of chat boxes one new chat, one general chat and the other showing the number of people available to chat with. Not sure what the differences are with the chats:confused:?

FirstMove
13th-July-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm pretty sure it works for non-Silver members. My browser is set to block various things and I did need to unblock "envolve.com" to make it appear. It should appear at the bottom in the same place as Facebook Chat.

I did look at the list of blocked items but missed Envolve.com. Chat works now. :)