PDA

View Full Version : Question for Aussie Martin

Will
22nd-December-2003, 01:46 AM
Question for Aussie Martin, or anyone else who might know the answer.

There are now alot of contributers to the Ceroc Scotland forum which is absolutely great. In recent months, lots more people from England have joined up. But what I was wondering is why we don't get more Aussie's?

Are there Australian Ceroc / MJ forums?, are Aussie's not really into posting on internet chat forums about dance as much? Just wondering as it would be great to hear more about what goes on down under!
:cheers:

TheTramp
22nd-December-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Will

There are now alot of contributers to the Ceroc Scotland forum which is absolutely great. In recent months, lots more people from England have joined up. But what I was wondering is why we don't get more Aussie's? Ummm. Threads about Hipsters don't really interest them that much. :wink:

Steve

Andy McGregor
22nd-December-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Ummm. Threads about Hipsters don't really interest them that much. :wink:

Steve

There's a thread about Hipsters? WOW!:devil:

No wonder some Aussies have joined recently:waycool:

TheTramp
22nd-December-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
There's a thread about Hipsters? WOW!:devil:

No wonder some Aussies have joined recently:waycool: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

Steve

Will
23rd-December-2003, 01:57 AM
Ummm. Threads about Hipsters don't really interest them that much. :wink:

Steve
Well this is a Ceroc Scotland forum, but the English have come on here and put up threads about stuff in England, so I wondered why the Aussies didn't post stuff about what is going on in Australia, unless they already have another internet forum that they use...

Martin
23rd-December-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Will

There are now alot of contributers to the Ceroc Scotland forum which is absolutely great. In recent months, lots more people from England have joined up. But what I was wondering is why we don't get more Aussie's?

Are there Australian Ceroc / MJ forums?, are Aussie's not really into posting on internet chat forums about dance as much? Just wondering as it would be great to hear more about what goes on down under!
:cheers:

Because people do not know about it:cheers:

No there is not an Aussie forum (to the best of my knowledge)

I only found out about the forum when David and Lily were staying with me in Sydney and he used my computer to check out the latest comments about the JiveMasters.

TheTramp
23rd-December-2003, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Martin
I only found out about the forum when David and Lily were staying with me in Sydney and he used my computer to check out the latest comments about the JiveMasters. And don't worry David, we'll be getting you back for that as soon as we can think of something nasty enough! :na:

Steve

Martin
23rd-December-2003, 03:05 AM
And don't worry David, we'll be getting you back for that as soon as we can think of something nasty enough! :na:

Steve

It's great... Q "What did you get up to last night"
A "I was on the computer all night"

Some people even get fooled into thinking it is for some strange reason like work:confused: Not a chance...

TheTramp
23rd-December-2003, 03:39 AM
So then Martin. You're going to have to go out and spread the word. Get all those Aussie's onto here.

I can think of several that you should tell. And one in particular :wink:

Steve

Martin
23rd-December-2003, 03:53 AM
So then Martin. You're going to have to go out and spread the word. Get all those Aussie's onto here.

I can think of several that you should tell. And one in particular :wink:

Steve

Now would that be the lovely Caroline or the truely captivating Cherie?:drool: :drool:

Jon L
23rd-December-2003, 04:00 AM
Be great if more of the folk down under would post - I must say. You lot are such fab dancers and really friendly as well.:)

TheTramp
23rd-December-2003, 09:20 AM
Now would that be the lovely Caroline or the truely captivating Cherie?:drool: :drool: Who's Caroline?? :wink:

Steve

Martin
23rd-December-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Jon L
Be great if more of the folk down under would post - I must say. You lot are such fab dancers and really friendly as well.:)

I have done a mass e-mail to friends around Sydney - Beware, would not like to get into that "I love Hipsters" thing.. You may get an "I love Aussie, what is Hipsters" thing happening...:blush:

Well OK Jon, can always blame it on you...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hold on should I be blaming this one on Will :really:

Martin
23rd-December-2003, 09:29 AM
Who's Caroline?? :wink:

Steve

Memory fading, another birthday, another year...

Check it out...

http://www.mamboroc.com

:drool: :drool: :drool:

TheTramp
23rd-December-2003, 10:20 AM
Memory fading, another birthday, another year...

Check it out...

http://www.mamboroc.com

:drool: :drool: :drool: Oh. THAT Caroline. Yeah. Okie. Both of them :wink:

Steve

Martin
23rd-December-2003, 10:25 AM
Oh. THAT Caroline. Yeah. Okie. Both of them :wink:

Steve

You are so fickle...:yum:

Lucky you in Scotland you have the Lovely Linda to dance with..

Taught her the supergirl:D See avatar - now she is looking for a "superman" :cheers:

TheTramp
23rd-December-2003, 10:37 AM
You are so fickle...:yum:

Lucky you in Scotland you have the Lovely Linda to dance with..

Taught her the supergirl:D See avatar - now she is looking for a "superman" :cheers: Don't think that we have any of those over here.

We all like wearing our underwear underneath our trousers (the clue is in the word).

Anyhow, we don't have Linda to dance with at the moment. She's over there! :tears:

Steve

Martin
23rd-December-2003, 10:46 AM
Don't think that we have any of those over here.

We all like wearing our underwear underneath our trousers (the clue is in the word).

Anyhow, we don't have Linda to dance with at the moment. She's over there! :tears:

Steve

she also spent only 3 days in Sydney and is spending many days in Melbourne :tears: :tears: :tears:

Obviously you did not "brief" her (some superman you are:sick: )

Marty

TheTramp
23rd-December-2003, 02:02 PM
Oh dear. What have you started Will???

I note that the last two people who have joined the forum today, are from down under (including the infamous Simon de Lisle).

We're going to be over-run now! :tears:

(Just kidding, and welcome to all the Aussies (and pretend Aussies)). :na:

Steve

Andy McGregor
23rd-December-2003, 02:06 PM
I note that the last two people who have joined the forum today, are from down under (including the infamous Simon de Lisle).

We're going to be over-run now! :tears:

(Just kidding, and welcome to all the Aussies (and pretend Aussies)). :na:

Steve

They must want to know about Hipsters:wink:

TheTramp
23rd-December-2003, 02:16 PM
They must want to know about Hipsters:wink: Yeah. Of course. How stupid of me not to realise that!!

Steve

Martin
23rd-December-2003, 09:06 PM
They must want to know about Hipsters:wink:

Just some clarity for any Aussie girls new to the forum.
This strange "Hipsters" thing....:tears:

No, it is not a shop, you will not be able to buy your low-cut trousers there...:sad:

TheTramp
24th-December-2003, 04:33 AM
Just some clarity for any Aussie girls new to the forum.
This strange "Hipsters" thing....:tears:

No, it is not a shop, Unfortunately :wink: :rolleyes: :na:

Steve

Jon L
24th-December-2003, 10:23 AM
Unfortunately :wink: :rolleyes: :na:

Steve

If it was Steve - you could have mass sale reductions with you on special offer :rofl: :na:

Sorry - I couldn't resist :sorry

Andy McGregor
24th-December-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Jon L
If it was Steve - you could have mass sale reductions with you on special offer :rofl: :na:

The Tramp's 'offer' is always 'special':waycool:

JamesGeary
27th-December-2003, 10:16 AM
In noticed on one of the aussie ceroc or jive websites 'rueda'. Is this modern jive in a circle with partner swapping, or salsa in a circle with partner swapping.

Martin
27th-December-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by JamesGeary
In noticed on one of the aussie ceroc or jive websites 'rueda'. Is this modern jive in a circle with partner swapping, or salsa in a circle with partner swapping.

It was Ceroc Rueda, Ren (one of our top corrie bods) took the concept of Rueda (Salsa done in a circle with partner swapping) and corried a "Ceroc style" Rueda for 6 couples [using Ceroc moves adapted to be able to regularly swap partners] which we performed at the ball, then put it in the champs (for a bit of fun only).

He then offered it up as a "free for all to learn" routine for the Ceroc Australia students.

I was fortunate enough to be asked to take part in the original for the ball and the comps, it was great fun and a good laugh.

When it was taught to all, it was soon aparent that noone can "hide" in a circle, especially when you are swapping partners, so it was a sure fire way to ensure everyone came up to the same level (no hiding at the back)

Marty

Divissima
27th-December-2003, 01:56 PM
I saw you perform this at the Champs, Martin, and I have been watching it in more detail on the video recently. It looks fantastic :waycool:

Martin
27th-December-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
I saw you perform this at the Champs, Martin, and I have been watching it in more detail on the video recently. It looks fantastic :waycool:

Thanks Divissima:kiss:

Ren is a very inventive choreographer, he also corried the last routine of the champs which I was also in, the "Bring it on" team, where the girls wore cheerleaders outfits.

I have done a fair bit of "original salsa rueda" so it was fun to dance the same type of thing to Ceroc moves. :D