PDA

View Full Version : Calling South Easters

fruitcake
20th-December-2003, 04:56 PM
This is to anyone who reads this from dan saf, as I am from Croydon originally, have been in Scotland 26 yrs now, well actually born here, but (get to the point hazel!), am going down to Croydon at the beginning of the year, and will be taking my shy brother to Ceroc sometime.
I took him to the Clapham one last time, but though everyone was friendly, the teaching was a tad too fast for my poor bruv, who gave up before the 2nd move!No offence to the claphammers though.
We would like to try somewhere, where the teaching of the moves is either painfully slow, or slow, where the beginners can get a lot of support, needs to be in the South East and we could go down to the Coast as well. Any nights would be good.
I am an intermediate, but won't get opportunity to have much practice with him before we go.
Fruitcake

Lounge Lizard
20th-December-2003, 06:02 PM
hi
I will let others give details of the ceroc venues
Leroc or modern jive
Dance Riveria - contact Chicky
Tuesday Dorking halls, Surrey
Thursdays Fleet, Hampshire
Friday's Crawley W. Sussex
Mondays Woking or Friends provident, Dorking
there are other venues and plenty on the south coast, but none worth driving a long way for
for more info use www.lyndaslist.com (or pm minnie mouse)
peter

TheTramp
20th-December-2003, 06:27 PM
Or just have a word with me on Tuesday, and I'll give you the lowdown on them all :D

Steve

Andy McGregor
20th-December-2003, 06:28 PM
There's also Ceroc Croydon which is on a Tuesday. I've been a few times and it's ok. There is a beginners consolidation lesson and the dancers aren't too intimidating.

But if you're in Croydon why not take a drive around the M25 to Ealing and come to Hipsters on a Wednesday? The beginners lesson is with Viktor and the consolidation lesson is usually with Nigel - the last time he couldn't make it Nina took the consolidation lesson.

Once you're in the car there's loads of venues within a half hour of Croydon. You could dance at a different venue every day and have your brother graduating to the intermediate lessons by the end of your visit!

Feel free to PM me with your dates and we could meet up, it's always nice to meet others from the Forum.

Andy

Minnie M
20th-December-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by fruitcake
am going down to Croydon at the beginning of the year

Please email or PM when you get down here and I will let you know what is going on

Minnie M (aka Lynda (http://www.lyndaslistg.com) )

Jon L
21st-December-2003, 12:39 AM
This is to anyone who reads this from dan saf, as I am from Croydon originally, have been in Scotland 26 yrs now, well actually born here, but (get to the point hazel!), am going down to Croydon at the beginning of the year, and will be taking my shy brother to Ceroc sometime.
I took him to the Clapham one last time, but though everyone was friendly, the teaching was a tad too fast for my poor bruv, who gave up before the 2nd move!No offence to the claphammers though.
We would like to try somewhere, where the teaching of the moves is either painfully slow, or slow, where the beginners can get a lot of support, needs to be in the South East and we could go down to the Coast as well. Any nights would be good.
I am an intermediate, but won't get opportunity to have much practice with him before we go.
Fruitcake

Let me know when you are coming down, and which venues you plan to attend - would love to meet up with you for a chat/dance. Dorking on Tuesday is a good one :cheers:

Dan Hudson
23rd-December-2003, 03:05 PM
There is also
Greenwich on a Tuesday.. Ceroc
Charlton on a Wednesday.. Ceroc

www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

Be great to see you...

:cheers:

Tazmanian Devil
23rd-December-2003, 03:36 PM
Fruitcake

Hi Fruitcake, You should bring your brother to charlton on a Wednesday. Kelly is a wonderful friendly teacher, she always welcomes the beginners and goes over anything they dont understand with them. The taxi's are also very nice and friendly, and to top it off we have the wonderful, gorgeous Dan on the decks!! :drool: Hopefully see you there :kiss: :hug:
www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk

Minnie M
23rd-December-2003, 04:04 PM
Wow ! What a lovely response and they say us suverners aint friendly :hug:

fruitcake
24th-December-2003, 11:53 PM
Thanks to all who responded, would love to meet up with you all, and yes, I'm a Suvvener at heart and am very friendly myself,so will try and take a month off work to squeeze it all in!!!
Oh... the choices!!
Happy Christmas to all.
Hazel