> > southport@jiveaddiction.com
> > www.jiveaddiction.com

You heard it here first!

:cheers:

Neil

TheTramp
20th-December-2003, 03:33 PM
Interesting.

Had a look at the website. Doesn't really answer any of the questions I've got.

Like: Who exactly is running it? I know who Wes is. John? Is that John Sweeney?

Who are the 'top teachers'?

Who are the 'top dj's'?

That'll do for a start :D

Steve

Gus
20th-December-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

Who are the 'top teachers'?

Who are the 'top dj's'?

{ODA Mode On}

Hmm ... got to admit that I'm starting to get a bit nervous about this over-used phrase of Top DJs and Top Teachers. Seen this phrase time and time again ... and then been dissapointed ... especially as to the DJ bit.

If the DJs turn out to be the likes of John Brett or any of the top NWest DJs .. then great ... but as the site doesn't actualy mention who is going to be there ... yet expects you to stump up cash in advance .......:sick:

{ODA Mode Off}

Having said that ... I know that Wes has had a number of good teachers up to do workshops ... so at least on that score there is hope:waycool:

TheTramp
20th-December-2003, 04:02 PM
Agree with you Gus....

Camber now doesn't have to advertise who's teaching. It's so well established that it can get away with it.

Any new dance weekends starting up really needs to I think. 'Stompin the Blues' lists exactly who is teaching and DJing, and that's the reason why people book on it.

Steve

Neil
20th-December-2003, 04:17 PM
Any new dance weekends starting up really needs to I think Steve, I agree with you and Gus that it would look better if they actually had some 'top' names on the website, but to be fair to them I think that's what they're planning to do when they've finalised who's going to be there.

I've no connection with JiveAddiction, but I know the two guys involved and can confirm that they're kosher. Wes is well known in the world of MJ; John is not John Sweeney, but a guy called John Armstrong-Holmes. He's pretty new to MJ, but he's a go-getting, dynamic businessman type, so I'm confident that, with his organisational skills and Wes's contacts, they'll get this thing off the ground. Incidentally, John used to play for Notts County, if that's any recommendation... :devil:

Would, of course, be nice if one of the 'top DJs' was our very own Forum Legend :D.

Neil

TheTramp
20th-December-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Steve, I agree with you and Gus that it would look better if they actually had some 'top' names on the website, but to be fair to them I think that's what they're planning to do when they've finalised who's going to be there.

Would, of course, be nice if one of the 'top DJs' was our very own Forum Legend :D. Well.... it's not that far away now (in relative terms - people book for Camber a year in advance). They really need to get a bit of a move on - I'm sure that people will be able to book right up to the last moment, but also people only have a limited amount of time/money, and if they've already booked for Camber etc. might not have the resources to do another one.

I doubt I'll be invited. Wes knows who I am. But probably has no idea that I DJ or teach.

Steve

Gus
20th-December-2003, 04:33 PM
Well.... it's not that far away now (in relative terms - people book for Camber a year in advance). They really need to get a bit of a move on - I'm sure that people will be able to book right up to the last moment, but also people only have a limited amount of time/money, and if they've already booked for Camber etc. might not have the resources to do another one.

True ... and the fact that there is already a North West event coming up (November?) with a CONFIMED list of top DJs and teachers ... Nigel and Nina, Roger C, Amir, Viktor etc .... that may well make things a bit awkward for this event. As you say .. people have only so many pennies and if there is something confirmed versus something a bit vague I know who my bet is going to be with!

TheTramp
20th-December-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Gus
True ... and the fact that there is already a North West event coming up (November?) with a CONFIMED list of top DJs and teachers ... Nigel and Nina, Roger C, Amir, Viktor etc .... that may well make things a bit awkward for this event. As you say .. people have only so many pennies and if there is something confirmed versus something a bit vague I know who my bet is going to be with! Ummm.

What other North West event? :D Is this something that needs more publicising? Do I need to get my head out of the sand?

Steve

Gus
20th-December-2003, 06:50 PM
Ummm.

What other North West event? :D Is this something that needs more publicising?

Oh Ay ... Blitz have got some big event coming up ... but if they want to publicise it ... they can do it themselves .... I'm just here to have fun :wink:

Neil
20th-December-2003, 07:32 PM
Wes knows who I am. But probably has no idea that I DJ or teach. Well, if he doesn't already know, he will find out tonight when I tell him :D (Wes's Christmas dance, Polish Club, Sherwood Rise, Nottingham)

I agree with your general point that they need to get a move on in terms of finalising the list of DJs and teachers.

Neil

Lounge Lizard
21st-December-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Gus
True ... and the fact that there is already a North West event coming up (November?) with a CONFIMED list of top DJs and teachers ... Nigel and Nina, Roger C, Amir, Viktor etc .... that may well make things a bit awkward for this event. As you say .. people have only so many pennies and if there is something confirmed versus something a bit vague I know who my bet is going to be with! and me:grin:

Lounge Lizard
29th-December-2003, 07:52 PM
Got my invite to teach/DJ at this event, so I will be there (think Mikey is on the teacher line up as well)
Peter

johnah
5th-January-2004, 07:26 PM
Grateful thanks to Neil for starting this thread, which has aroused some interest I see. To enlighten you the line-up of "Top Teachers" now includes:

Nigel Anderson & Nina Daines; Amir & Kate; Viktor Andeke;
Graham LeClerc & Sarah, Peter Phillips; Mikey; Steve Lampart; Robin & Raven
David Martin & Jaime; Sue Freeman; Jatinder Singh

As to the DJs, the line-up includes:

Peter Phillips; Nigel Anderson; Nigel Walen; Steve Lampart; Wes Stala

In addition to the nightly freestyles until 4am, there will now be over 40 hours of dance workshops at the North's FIRST major Jive Weekender. It will be a superb weekend and for our dance friends in Scotland, a much much easier journey to make.

A further update will be posted shortly. But it is one event in the Jive calendar you don't want to miss!!!

TheTramp
5th-January-2004, 08:02 PM
Umm. Not to be pedantic. But it's Steve LampErt :D

And yes, I know that Phil Duckett can't spell it either!! :tears:

Steve

Neil
6th-January-2004, 01:16 AM
Hi John,

Welcome to the Forum! We need a few more Notts people on here...

That's a pretty impressive line-up of teachers and DJs you've got there already, and I know you're planning to add some more names. Delighted to see that the Forum Legend is included :D (wouldn't be the same without him!).

I'm sure it's going to be a fantastic weekend. What we need to do now is ensure that as many Scots as possible make the trip down. They're used to going to Blackpool, so they know the way :)

Neil

johnah
6th-January-2004, 10:54 AM
Sincere apologies Steve. I'll ensure the "spelling" is correct in future.

Wes speaks very highly of you - as does Neil -and we're delighted you are joining us at Southport for the Weekend Jive Extravadanca! Think you'll agree, the line-up is pretty impressive and, if I'm not mistaken, this is the very first time such a high quality line-up has been brought together in the North :drool: and, discussions continue apace to add to it. More news on that front asap. :waycool:

The word about Southport is rapidly circulating amongst the MJ grapevine, and response is very very positive! For us it's a matter of Northern Pride and any publicity our friends in Scotland can give towards encouraging Scottish dancers to make the trip would be welcome. Anyone willing to distribute leaflets for us? :cheers:

John Armstrong-Holmes
Jive Addiction

Bardsey
6th-January-2004, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by johnah
The word about Southport is rapidly circulating amongst the MJ grapevine, and response is very very positive! For us it's a matter of Northern Pride and any publicity our friends in Scotland can give towards encouraging Scottish dancers to make the trip would be welcome. Anyone willing to distribute leaflets for us? :cheers:

John Armstrong-Holmes
Jive Addiction

Not sure anyone will be interested really, but I'm going to this and organising the folks from my area (Leeds/Wetherby) At the moment we have about 3 chalet's full I think. I'm really looking forward to it, so if any of my particular mates on the forum are going, can you let me know, then we can arrange to meet up!

Jill

TheTramp
6th-January-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Not sure anyone will be interested really, but I'm going to this and organising the folks from my area (Leeds/Wetherby) At the moment we have about 3 chalet's full I think. I'm really looking forward to it, so if any of my particular mates on the forum are going, can you let me know, then we can arrange to meet up! Well. I'm interested :D Look forward to seeing you there Jill!

You'll have to start a forum corner! :wink:

Steve

Bardsey
6th-January-2004, 12:11 PM
Well. I'm interested :D Look forward to seeing you there Jill!

You'll have to start a forum corner! :wink:

Steve

We will have to take our 'Ster T shirts with us and have a get together. when I get mine, that is...... ARE YOU LISTENING MR MCGREGOR?????? Where's my shirt then??

johnah
6th-January-2004, 12:31 PM
:kiss:

Hi Jill,

Delighted to read your posting and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends to Southport for the Jive Extravadanca! By the way do you know George and Ali from Conisbrough?

:nice:

John AH

Bardsey
6th-January-2004, 12:53 PM

Hi Jill,

Delighted to read your posting and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends to Southport for the Jive Extravadanca! By the way do you know George and Ali from Conisbrough?

:nice:

John AH

Yes, as it happens I do! I met them a few weeks ago and I dance with George a fair bit (sometimes Ali too, cos she's quite good taking the man's part). What a small world! I know they are going to Southport, aren't they?

Jill

johnah
6th-January-2004, 01:17 PM
Yes, as it happens I do! I met them a few weeks ago and I dance with George a fair bit (sometimes Ali too, cos she's quite good taking the man's part). What a small world! I know they are going to Southport, aren't they?

Jill

Sure is a small world when it comes to MJ. Met up again with George and Ali [lovely couple] last night at Ceroc in Nottingham and, YES, they're going to Southport!

:waycool:

John AH

Bardsey
6th-January-2004, 01:26 PM
Sure is a small world when it comes to MJ. Met up again with George and Ali [lovely couple] last night at Ceroc in Nottingham and, YES, they're going to Southport!

John AH

Yes they are lovely and George and I dance "sleaze" really well together, much to the amusement of Ali, I think!:rofl:

johnah
6th-January-2004, 01:48 PM
Yes they are lovely and George and I dance "sleaze" really well together, much to the amusement of Ali, I think!:rofl:

If I can get up to one of the Sheffield/Yorkshire venues before the Southport event, I'll ask George to introduce us to each other.

Bardsey
6th-January-2004, 01:58 PM
If I can get up to one of the Sheffield/Yorkshire venues before the Southport event, I'll ask George to introduce us to each other.

Yes that would be great John. I'm going to Stockport on 24th this month, if that's any good. Also to the DT workshop and dance at Newcastle on 7th Feb.

Jill

johnah
6th-January-2004, 02:06 PM
Yes that would be great John. I'm going to Stockport on 24th this month, if that's any good. Also to the DT workshop and dance at Newcastle on 7th Feb.

Jill

Noted Jill, look forward to a dance before too long!

John AH

Bill
6th-January-2004, 02:16 PM
[i]To enlighten you the line-up of "Top Teachers" now includes:

Steve Lampart

Steve Lampart;

A further update will be posted shortly. But it is one event in the Jive calendar you don't want to miss!!!

:cheers: [/B]

And I was thinking of going............................. :sick: :na: :rofl:

TheTramp
6th-January-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Bill
And I was thinking of going............................. :sick: :na: :rofl: Yeah, yeah Bill. You're funny!! :na:

Just for that, tonight I'm not going to play a single track less than 160bpm :devil:

(And 180bpm for the demos if you're demonstrating!!) :rolleyes:

Steve

Bardsey
6th-January-2004, 02:43 PM
Yeah, yeah Bill. You're funny!! :na:

Steve

Bill, Trampy. You're both going? Brilliant! I'll look forward to soem good dances - put me down on your dance cards this instant! Bill - save a Blues one for me please, I'm going to a Blues workshop on 14 Feb I think, so should be a bit more well versed for a rematch :drool:

Bill
6th-January-2004, 05:40 PM
Yeah, yeah Bill. You're funny!! :na:

Just for that, tonight I'm not going to play a single track less than 160bpm :devil:

(And 180bpm for the demos if you're demonstrating!!) :rolleyes:

Steve

Sorry................can't make it tonight so can't demonstrate my wonderful high speed jive technique............... usually called sitting down and watching :rolleyes: Mind you I did manage a couple of Jive Aces' tracks but that almost made me break sweat so I stopped. :rolleyes: :D

Have fun tonight Steve. :cheers:

Bill
6th-January-2004, 05:42 PM
Bill - save a Blues one for me please, I'm going to a Blues workshop on 14 Feb I think, so should be a bit more well versed for a rematch :drool:

If i get there I certainly will :wink: Would love to get down to Chiswick later this month as well for a 'blues' top up but gets a bit costly from here but I had fun there last year.

See you soon for a dance. :na:

stompin' phil
9th-January-2004, 09:42 AM
Grateful thanks to Neil for starting this thread, which has aroused some interest I see. To enlighten you the line-up of "Top Teachers" now includes:

Nigel Anderson & Nina Daines; Amir & Kate; Viktor Andeke;
Graham LeClerc & Sarah, Peter Phillips; Mikey; Steve Lampart; Robin & Raven
David Martin & Jaime; Sue Freeman; Jatinder Singh

Peter Phillips; Nigel Anderson; Nigel Walen; Steve Lampart; Wes Stala

In addition to the nightly freestyles until 4am, there will now be over 40 hours of dance workshops at the North's FIRST major Jive Weekender. It will be a superb weekend and for our dance friends in Scotland, a much much easier journey to make.

Feel free to send any flyers etc so i can put them out at Stompin' in Brighton 2004 in March 27/28th to

Phil Duckett
12 Northcourt rd
Wothing
West Sussex
BN14 7DR

Keep on Stompin' and good luck

Rachel
9th-January-2004, 10:58 AM
... Wes speaks very highly of you - as does Neil -and we're delighted you are joining us at Southport for the Weekend Jive Extravadanca! Think you'll agree, the line-up is pretty impressive and, if I'm not mistaken, this is the very first time such a high quality line-up has been brought together in the North :drool: and, discussions continue apace to add to it. More news on that front asap. :waycool:

John Armstrong-Holmes
Jive Addiction

Hey, this looks good! I'm definitely interested ...

John, I'll get some leaflets distributed for you, if you like (though not at Ceroc venues). We'll be at Nottingham on 22nd Jan, if you can get some leaflets to me there?

Do we know each other? Neil, knows me, anyway, and can point me out.

BTW - are you allowed Ceroc teachers in your line up for the weekend? I can recommend one, if you're looking!

Rachel

Neil
10th-January-2004, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
Do we know each other? Neil, knows me, anyway, and can point me out. You must know John, if only to dance with. John's wife, the lovely Marianne, speaks very highly of Marc!

BTW - are you allowed Ceroc teachers in your line up for the weekend? I can recommend one, if you're looking! If Marc's banned from Southport, feel free to leave him at home. I'll look after you, Rachel :devil:

Note to Wes and John: if Marc's not banned, snap him up!!

Neil

johnah
12th-January-2004, 02:36 PM
Hey, this looks good! I'm definitely interested ...

Do we know each other? Neil, knows me, anyway, and can point me out.

BTW - are you allowed Ceroc teachers in your line up for the weekend? I can recommend one, if you're looking!Hi Rachel, yes we do. We've danced together a few times in Nottingham and at Camber, but I missed out at Bognor this past weekend - well, Viktor is a much better option! We did speak briefly though before Wes whisked you off for a dance.

Of course, we know Marc's teaching talents and we're of the opinion he's one of the "Top" young teaching talents in the Country but, sadly, believe he's restricted to Ceroc venues [?]. We certainly would have liked to include Marc & Rachel in our line-up. Look forward to a dance on 22 Jan.

Martin
12th-January-2004, 05:09 PM
Hi Rachel, yes we do. We've danced together a few times in Nottingham and at Camber, but I missed out at Bognor this past weekend - well, Viktor is a much better option! We did speak briefly though before Wes whisked you off for a dance.

Of course, we know Marc's teaching talents and we're of the opinion he's one of the "Top" young teaching talents in the Country but, sadly, believe he's restricted to Ceroc venues [?]. We certainly would have liked to include Marc & Rachel in our line-up. Look forward to a dance on 22 Jan.

I assume this is a Ceroc restriction only, so really it is up to Marc.

I know Adriana (my demoer) LOVED dancing with Marc at Camber in May:drool: :drool:

Ceroc make many "restrictions" unless you have the character to break them (as Mike Ellard did for years in teaching "his style" and not the perscribed moves), I guess it depends who you are, or what you are prepared to stand up for.

We see it all the time in Australia, "you cannot do this" - means nothing if you are valued and decide to do it anyway.

Personally it would be great to meet up with both Marc and Rachel at this event.:cheers: :cheers:

Liz
13th-January-2004, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Martin

Personally it would be great to meet up with both Marc and Rachel at this event.:cheers: :cheers:

Sure you will Martin, they're really lovely people and, don't miss the opportunity to dance with Rachel - she's very talented! Marc is too, and his lessons are a joy compared to some I've experienced. Only this morning, I was talking to a friend who has only recently become an addict [a beginner of just 6 weeks] and he made particular reference to Marc and how he [and his partner] much preferred his lessons.

Lynn
13th-January-2004, 05:55 PM
Had seen this thread but didn’t realise that this might be an easy venue for me to travel across from Belfast to (thanks Liz for pointing that out :hug: ). It sounds great and I’m also going to mention it to our MJ class here so hopefully there will be a few of us coming over. Just a quick practical question re travel from Liverpool to Southport – train/bus routes (time, fare?) and road journey times?

Looks like its going to be a great event! Looking forward to meeting some forum folk! :grin:

Lynn

Neil
13th-January-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Lynn
It sounds great and I’m also going to mention it to our MJ class here so hopefully there will be a few of us coming over. Good news, Lynn! I'll look forward to meeting you and your friends. Southport just keeps getting better and better :D

Can't really help you with your practical question, but Southport is just up the road from the 'Pool, so it should be easy enough to get to. These sites may be useful:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/
http://www.visitsouthport.com/info/travel.htm

Neil

Lynn
13th-January-2004, 11:59 PM
Good news, Lynn! I'll look forward to meeting you and your friends. Southport just keeps getting better and better :D

Can't really help you with your practical question, but Southport is just up the road from the 'Pool, so it should be easy enough to get to. :cheers:

Neil
Thanks Neil. :cheers: Had a look at a map earlier and saw how close it was to Liverpool, and Liverpool is easy to get to from Belfast so there is no reason not to go! I'm really looking foward to it and will hopefully bring some other Northern Irish folk along with me. We have no MJ 'events' here yet as things are only getting started, and due to venue and time restrictions, we are only able to have a short freestyle after the class, so all those workshops and late night freestyles...:drool:

Lynn

Neil
14th-January-2004, 12:19 AM
so all those workshops and late night freestyles... Lynn, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get as many N.I. people to Southport as possible. The craic will be mighty!

Obviously, dancers from the Republic are equally welcome. Guinness all round! Hurrah!

Neil

Lynn
14th-January-2004, 12:31 AM
Lynn, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get as many N.I. people to Southport as possible. The craic will be mighty!

Obviously, dancers from the Republic are equally welcome. Guinness all round! Hurrah!
Neil

Mission accepted! (Have already been working on two people in phone calls tonight, just wait till I get to the class on Friday!) I'll use all my charm :waycool: - umm, maybe that won't be enough :tears:

Haven't heard of any MJ venues 'down south' (as we call the Republic), if I had I would try and get along sometimes.

Lynn
14th-January-2004, 01:00 PM
Haven't heard of any MJ venues 'down south' (as we call the Republic), if I had I would try and get along sometimes.

Did a www search and found an Irish MJ organisation. Have emailed them to ask if they run any events and also mentioned the Southport weekend.

Quoting myself, worrying...

Rachel
14th-January-2004, 01:23 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to you all for such lovely comments -Marc works hard on his teaching and he'd be delighted to hear that his efforts were appreciated.

Ceroc politics were always difficult in the past. But now they seem to be relaxing somewhat and it's possible that Marc can teach elsewhere nowadays.

Ceroc even passed on Marc's name to give some hip hop lessons over Chrismas. Although, I guess hip hop isn't competition to Ceroc....

Well, whatever happens, we'll definitely come along for the weekend. I need something to look forward to like that! And I can't wait to meet Martin, Bardsey, Lynn ...

See you on 22nd I hope, John, Neil, Wes. Can I have some dances from you all, please?

(Hey Liz - where do you dance? I can think of a couple of Liz's at Ceroc, but don't know which, if any, you might be. We must owe you at least a few drinks for the wonderful things you said!!! You're not the Ceroc teacher Liz, are you?)
Rachel

johnah
14th-January-2004, 04:53 PM
Received quite a few emails asking where Southport is. So to enlighten those who don't know - it is not in the south, but in North West England between Liverpool and Blackpool. check out www.jiveaddiction.com for full details of how to get there.

johnah
14th-January-2004, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rachel
[B]Just wanted to say thank you to you all for such lovely comments -Marc works hard on his teaching and he'd be delighted to hear that his efforts were appreciated.

See you on 22nd I hope, John, Neil, Wes. Can I have some dances from you all, please?

Rachel, Marc is deserving of recognition. He is a talented young teacher and would be a welcome addition to the MJ teaching circuit.

Yes, I look forward to a dance on the 22nd as I'm sure Neil and Wes will too.

:wink:

TheTramp
14th-January-2004, 05:08 PM
Shame I didn't get to meet you at Bognor, Jonnah. I understand from Lory that you were there.

I did see Wes in the distance once, but wasn't able to say hello at that point.

Steve

johnah
14th-January-2004, 05:32 PM
Shame I didn't get to meet you at Bognor, Jonnah. I understand from Lory that you were there.

I did see Wes in the distance once, but wasn't able to say hello at that point.

Steve

Saw you at a distance too Steve, but you were either dancing or dj-ing, didn't want to disturb your enjoyment! Must say though that as far as I'm concerned your music set was one of the best at Bognor. Looking forward to a repeat performance at Southport and hope I get a chance to have a dance or two.

We'll meet up before too long.

Rachel
14th-January-2004, 06:03 PM
Rachel, Marc is deserving of recognition. He is a talented young teacher and would be a welcome addition to the MJ teaching circuit.

Yes, I look forward to a dance on the 22nd as I'm sure Neil and Wes will too.

:wink: Marc's just been asked to teach West Bridgford Ceroc tomorrow night as well. I can't come - working in Margate, unfortunately. But I'll definitely be there on 22nd - look forward to seeing you!
R.

Jon L
15th-January-2004, 11:22 AM
Could well think of coming North for this one, but if I do please could you North and Scots members give me a warm welcome as I might well be on my own :sorry

Lory
15th-January-2004, 11:34 AM
I can't come! :sad:

I wouldn't have missed it for anything else, other than my sisters Hen weekend in Ibiza! :waycool:

Oh why do 2 great things have to happen on the same weekend! :tears:

I hope it's a great success and you all have a brilliant time!
I'm sure you will! :cheers:

Lynn
15th-January-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Jon L
Could well think of coming North for this one, but if I do please could you North and Scots members give me a warm welcome as I might well be on my own :sorry

Don't forget the Northern Ireland member! It will be nice to see you again :grin:

Bardsey
15th-January-2004, 11:52 AM

Of course Jon. Just keep in touch as I'm hoping to arrange a forumite meeting at some stage over the weekend. Would be a shame for so many forumites to be there and not meet up.

Lynn
15th-January-2004, 12:52 PM
Of course Jon. Just keep in touch as I'm hoping to arrange a forumite meeting at some stage over the weekend. Would be a shame for so many forumites to be there and not meet up.

Great idea!:hug: I was thinking the same. Count me in too! :grin:

TheTramp
15th-January-2004, 02:00 PM
Can I come too please??

Steve

Bardsey
15th-January-2004, 02:59 PM
Great idea!:hug: I was thinking the same. Count me in too! :grin:

Ok Lynn you're on my list. I'll sort something out and do a posting before the event.

Can I come too please??

Steve

But of course, would I dare, or even want to, leave you out Steve.

Jill

:hug:

Jon L
15th-January-2004, 03:40 PM
An idea which might be worth organising - how about if we had a ceroc forum badge designed each with our personalised forum name on it which we agree to wear at Southport - Andy McG came up with an idea at Camber of us wearing white t-shirts, but a badge on our own clothing which will also help for the forum weekend in September?

The reason I mention this is I am still tracking down members and putting faces to names - last weekend for example I met Lory twice the first time we didn't know who each other was :wink: all sorted now.

Bardsey
15th-January-2004, 03:44 PM
An idea which might be worth organising - how about if we had a ceroc forum badge designed each with our personalised forum name on it which we agree to wear at Southport - Andy McG came up with an idea at Camber of us wearing white t-shirts, but a badge on our own clothing which will also help for the forum weekend in September?

Great idea! Why don't you PM Andy and see what he can come up with?

Jill

Jon L
15th-January-2004, 03:50 PM
better still why don't I take up the initiative - /moderators or Franck can I have permission to reproduce the ceroc forum logo on the badge please ????

If anyone knows of a good badge supplier then please get in touch with me

Another thread coming soon.....

Lynn
15th-January-2004, 03:54 PM
An idea which might be worth organising - how about if we had a ceroc forum badge designed each with our personalised forum name on it which we agree to wear at Southport - Andy McG came up with an idea at Camber of us wearing white t-shirts, but a badge on our own clothing which will also help for the forum weekend in September? That would be helpful, though I am very bad at remembering names the first few times I meet folk, so if their forum name is different I might get confused, but then what's new!:what:

Was already looking forward to what will be my first weekender, getting to meet up with other forumites will make it even more fun!

Liz
15th-January-2004, 04:26 PM

Can I come too please? Maybe we could get JohnAH from Jiveaddiction to give us some kind of 'special' welcome? I'll email him if you think that's a good idea.

Jon L
16th-January-2004, 01:45 AM
I sent the deposit cheque off today, so should be coming North.

I look forward to meeting and dancing with lots of the forumites

johnah
16th-January-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi Lizzie,

Been following this, no need to email me now. Sure, closer to the Extravadanca, and once I have a good idea how many from the Forum are coming along, I'll see what I can arrange for you. :wink:

Our website was updated yesterday, and Forumites may wish to view www.jiveaddiction.com :waycool:

Following the thread about "Top Teachers", we've introduced a page detailing what we are confident is - "The North's BEST EVER line-up of Teachers"!
:drool:

Check it out and form your own opinions.

www.jiveaddiction.com

Neil
17th-January-2004, 03:08 PM
I sent the deposit cheque off today, so should be coming North. I look forward to meeting and dancing with lots of the forumites Good news, Jon L! I shall certainly look forward to meeting you in Southport.

Amid all this justified talk of Northern Pride (sounds like a type of bread), let's not forget that there will be a very warm welcome for all our southern friends who make the trip. And Southport is dead easy to get to, even from the Centre of the Universe (M1, M6, that's about it...).

Neil

Neil
20th-January-2004, 02:53 AM
Hey Liz - where do you dance? I can think of a couple of Liz's at Ceroc, but don't know which, if any, you might be. I found out who Liz was tonight. Turns out she's someone I've been dancing with for years. A beautiful lady and a gorgeous dancer - yet another reason for us gents to make the trip to Southport :D

Neil

fruitcake
20th-January-2004, 10:13 AM
:what:
Hiya folks,
Am thinking of booking for the Southport weekend, but you all sound Sooooooo experienced at MJ/ceoc what ever, as I'm relatively new to ceroc, I have a feeling I will be completely out of my depth, so will thee be something thats not too much for me(like a nursery slope in skiing!), or will I just be watching!!!!
Tips, advice, encouragement??
Fruitcake.:sick:

johnah
20th-January-2004, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Neil
Amid all this justified talk of Northern Pride (sounds like a type of bread), let's not forget that there will be a very warm welcome for all our southern friends who make the trip. And Southport is dead easy to get to, even from the Centre of the Universe (M1, M6, that's about it...).

You're spot on Neil! I've quite a few dancing friends in the South and, it goes without saying that they'll all receive a warm welcome at Southport. :hug:
Indeed, all dancers, from wherever, will receive a very very warm welcome.

The Southport Jive Extravadanca is all about dance, meeting up with friends old and new and, importantly - sheer fun!!

www.jiveaddiction.com for latest info'

johnah
20th-January-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by fruitcake
Am thinking of booking for the Southport weekend, but you all sound Sooooooo experienced at MJ/ceoc what ever, as I'm relatively new to ceroc, I have a feeling I will be completely out of my depth, so will thee be something thats not too much for me(like a nursery slope in skiing!), or will I just be watching!!!!
Fruitcake.:sick: [/B]

Hi Fruitcake, the beauty about the Southport Jive Extravadanca! is that there is something for all levels of dancers. Sure, some will be more experienced than others but that's an opportunity for the less experienced to improve. I was once told that "it's all about the number of hours you put in" and, speaking personally, I"ve found that to be a very accurate assessment. At Southport you will have the opportunity to put in as many "hours" as you want to, with over 40 hours of dance workshops and nightly freestyles until 4am. You can learn and have lots of fun at the same time and, there will be plenty of dance partners too.:hug:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Liz
20th-January-2004, 11:42 AM
Hiya folks,

Hi Fruitcake
Don't think you will be out of your depth at Southport. In my past (but not vast) experience there have been dancers of all levels. The classes have been brilliant fun where you can improve your dancing, possibly making new friends and witnessing some inspirational dancers at the freestyles. Feel sure you won't just be watching!

Martin
20th-January-2004, 11:58 AM
Hiya folks,

No way will you be out of your depth, these week-ends attract dancers of all levels.

I am even teaching a beginners cha cha session :D

You will have a great time.

You have probably mostly heard from the more advanced dancers, a lot of them teachers or demoers who are keen to come along, take it from me I actively seek out less experienced dancers to dance with (most teachers and experienced dancers love to dance at all levels, it's all about having FUN). It is so much fun and so rewarding.

Make sure you find me - I do not always walk round with a girl on my shoulder, but it has been known. Looking forward to dancing "in a bun dance" with the fruitcake.

Marty

fruitcake
20th-January-2004, 12:22 PM
A bun dance? I think of buns(as in bums) I think of us having our hair up in buns, What could it be?
Fruitcake

TheTramp
20th-January-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Martin
I am even teaching a beginners cha cha session :D Heh! Sign me up for this one.

We are allowed to heckle, aren't we?? :D

Steve

Martin
20th-January-2004, 12:27 PM
A bun dance? I think of buns(as in bums) I think of us having our hair up in buns, What could it be?
Fruitcake

Abundance ( profusion, great quantity, plenty, loads )

Bum dances are also fun...

Martin
20th-January-2004, 12:28 PM
Heh! Sign me up for this one.

We are allowed to heckle, aren't we?? :D

Steve

Heckle away big boy - yet to choose my victim (opps demoer) - maybe you want to do the followers part on stage?

TheTramp
20th-January-2004, 12:41 PM
Heckle away big boy - yet to choose my victim (opps demoer) - maybe you want to do the followers part on stage? Sure. I'll demo for you if you want!!

And for the aerials class?

Steve

Martin
20th-January-2004, 12:45 PM
Sure. I'll demo for you if you want!!

And for the aerials class?

Steve

If the Oracle is not up to it, or not at the week-end, then I suppose you will have to do...:tears:

Was looking for a slightly more sexy (from a guys perspective :really: ) partner. Still, it would be funny, maybe we will get more laughs than Mikey:rofl: :rofl:

DavidY
20th-January-2004, 01:27 PM
I found out who Liz was tonight. Turns out she's someone I've been dancing with for years. A beautiful lady and a gorgeous dancer - yet another reason for us gents to make the trip to Southport :D

Neil I'm intrigued now as I guess this would be at Marcus Garvey...

Liz, do I know you?

fruitcake
20th-January-2004, 03:02 PM
No way will you be out of your depth, these week-ends attract dancers of all levels.

I am even teaching a beginners cha cha session :D

Make sure you find me - I do not always walk round with a girl on my shoulder, but it has been known. Looking forward to dancing "in a bun dance" with the fruitcake.

Marty

Abundance?
Oh yeah.
I am bit slow with jokes like that-ask anyone who knows me, can be a bit of a strain-but I do have my good points!

Cha cha sound sgreat, glad to hear there is a beginners something.
As for hecklers Steve-be afraid...be VERY afraid,,,,,I will sort YOU out!
:devil:
fruitcake

Martin
20th-January-2004, 03:14 PM
Abundance?
Oh yeah.
I am bit slow with jokes like that-ask anyone who knows me, can be a bit of a strain-but I do have my good points!

Cha cha sound sgreat, glad to hear there is a beginners something.
As for hecklers Steve-be afraid...be VERY afraid,,,,,I will sort YOU out!
:devil:
fruitcake

Looking forward to meeting up and dancing with you fruitcake - glad to see someone happy to take the Tramp on...:kiss:

fruitcake
20th-January-2004, 03:18 PM
Look forward to dancing with U2 Martin, yep, reckon I can take the Tramp on, though he is a bit bigger and stronger than me, can definitely sort hm out-ooh! I think he's getting scared now!:na:

Liz
20th-January-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by DavidY
I'm intrigued now as I guess this would be at Marcus Garvey...

Liz, do I know you?

Dance at Marcus Garvey, WB (a few other venues occasionally). I don't know if you know me... but if you've been going for years... probably!

Wear a red rose next week and I'll find you!!!

TheTramp
20th-January-2004, 04:03 PM
Look forward to dancing with U2 Martin, yep, reckon I can take the Tramp on, though he is a bit bigger and stronger than me, can definitely sort hm out-ooh! I think he's getting scared now!:na: Maybe my song title should be 'Run to the Hills (Run for your life)!!

Steve

Lynn
20th-January-2004, 07:47 PM
Hiya folks,

Also new to MJ, just past few months (and only 1 hours lesson and 30 mins freestyle a week) so also hoping everyone else won't be miles better :tears: though its lovely to watch good dancers too!

Bill
21st-January-2004, 04:45 PM
)
Also new to MJ, just past few months (and only 1 hours lesson and 30 mins freestyle a week) so also hoping everyone else won't be miles better :tears: though its lovely to watch good dancers too!

This kind of event should really fire your enthusiasm and improve your dancing because the teachers are great and the vast majority of dancers are there for fun so shouldn't really matter how long you've been dancing. Remember that some dancers are still relative 'beginners' after months or even years ( and no comments here please Steve :D ).

Will be sending off my form soon so look forward to seeing you there - I'm the grey haired one who doesn't like to move too much:rolleyes: :na:

Bardsey
21st-January-2004, 04:51 PM
)

I'm the grey haired one who doesn't like to move too much:rolleyes: :na:

Don't believe a word of it !

johnah
21st-January-2004, 05:04 PM
)

This kind of event should really fire your enthusiasm and improve your dancing because the teachers are great and the vast majority of dancers are there for fun so shouldn't really matter how long you've been dancing. Remember that some dancers are still relative 'beginners' after months or even years ( and no comments here please Steve :D ).

Will be sending off my form soon so look forward to seeing you there - I'm the grey haired one who doesn't like to move too much:rolleyes: :na:

Well said Bill. That's precisely what Southport is all about learning and improving but with the emphasis on FUN! If any forumites have been present at a Mikey lesson particularly, they'll know what I mean!! If you haven't then you are really in for an experience. He's not only a great teacher but also a wonderful entertainer.

:drool:

www.jiveaddiction.com

TheTramp
21st-January-2004, 05:17 PM
)

Will be sending off my form soon so look forward to seeing you there - I'm the grey haired one who doesn't like to move too much:rolleyes: :na: Hey Bill.

Are you going to be coming to my classes then??

I'm still looking for a demonstrator!! :wink:

Steve

johnah
21st-January-2004, 05:38 PM
Very very pleased to welcome ROGER CHIN to our DJ line-up at Southport. There's gonna be some good dancing tunes played for sure!! :drool:

Here's the line-up so far:

Roger Chin
Peter Phillips
Steve Lampert
Nigel Anderson
Nigel "Fatpants" Wale
Wes Stala
Mikey

The Southport Jive Extravadanca now brings to you not only The North's BEST EVER Line-up of TOP Teachers, but also The North's BEST EVER line-up of DJ's.
Are you all getting ready to party?

www.jiveaddiction.com

Bill
21st-January-2004, 05:39 PM
Hey Bill.

Are you going to be coming to my classes then??

I'm still looking for a demonstrator!! :wink:

Steve

:rolleyes: :D .............erm...........remember I still have a bad back :na: You really want people to come along just to heckle :D

I was going to say I can't follow but then I do demo with Lisa and Lorna :wink: ........only kidding girls !!

TheTramp
21st-January-2004, 05:41 PM
You really want people to come along just to heckle :DAbsolutely. Though, I usually can give better than I get :na: Anyhow, I'm just teaching jive (or blues?). Have said that I don't want to be teaching airsteps.

I was going to say I can't follow but then I do demo with Lisa and Lorna :wink: ........only kidding girls !! Oooh... You're in so much trouble now!! (Even if it is true :wink: )

Steve

Gus
21st-January-2004, 06:12 PM
.......but also The North's BEST EVER line-up of DJ's.

www.jiveaddiction.com

Not trying to have a whinge ...... but are ANY of the DJs from the North West :sad:

Lounge Lizard
21st-January-2004, 06:31 PM
Very very pleased to welcome ROGER CHIN to our DJ line-up at Southport. There's gonna be some good dancing tunes played for sure!! :drool:

Here's the line-up so far:

Roger Chin
Peter Phillips
Steve Lampert
Nigel Anderson
Nigel "Fatpants" Wale
Wes Stala
Mikey

The Southport Jive Extravadanca now brings to you not only The North's BEST EVER Line-up of TOP Teachers, but also The North's BEST EVER line-up of DJ's.

www.jiveaddiction.com wot no gus :what:

Gus
21st-January-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
wot no gus :what:

Sorry mate ... only 'Top DJs' included ... not yet made the grade ... not teaching either :wink:

Lounge Lizard
21st-January-2004, 07:09 PM
so not a top dj
apart from jb who is?

how many at your dances
how many dj's have you trained...how good are they

I think a battle of the dj's blitz vs ceroc (north)

reckon we can stir this up between us:wink:

Martin
21st-January-2004, 10:48 PM
so not a top dj
apart from jb who is?

how many at your dances
how many dj's have you trained...how good are they

I think a battle of the dj's blitz vs ceroc (north)

reckon we can stir this up between us:wink:

But then is jb a top DJ? - Not in my opinion, used to love his events, great guy also, although I actively avoid his music sets if I can.

Dan Hudson
21st-January-2004, 11:08 PM
Roger Chin
Peter Phillips
Steve Lampert
Nigel Anderson
Nigel "Fatpants" Wale
Wes Stala
Mikey

What no 'dan the man' or 'Emma the darkness'???

And what about Gus??

Madness

:devil: :D

TheTramp
21st-January-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Dan Hudson
Roger Chin
Peter Phillips
Steve Lampert
Nigel Anderson
Nigel "Fatpants" Wale
Wes Stala
Mikey

What no 'dan the man' or 'Emma the darkness'???

And what about Gus??

Madness

:devil: :D What?? Madness DJ Jive events now?? And I thought that Suggs had moved onto crappy TV shows... :na:

Steve

Dan Hudson
21st-January-2004, 11:12 PM
What?? Madness DJ Jive events now?? And I thought that Suggs had moved onto crappy TV shows... :na:

Steve

:rofl: :rofl:

Bill
22nd-January-2004, 01:51 PM
Oooh... You're in so much trouble now!! (Even if it is true :wink: )

Steve

Thankfully neither is on the forum very often so may just get away with it :grin: :na:

Bardsey
22nd-January-2004, 02:38 PM
Thankfully neither is on the forum very often so may just get away with it :grin: :na:

Not if Trampy decides to grass you up you won't!:D

TheTramp
22nd-January-2004, 05:03 PM
Not if Trampy decides to grass you up you won't!:D Would I do that to Bill?? :devil:

Steve

Bardsey
26th-January-2004, 03:02 PM

www.jiveaddiction.com

Hi John

We met at Stockport on Saturday and you asked me to PM you with some info, but it won't let me PM you. Can you PM me with an email address?

Jill

Danger Mouse
6th-February-2004, 07:59 PM
Hey! I'm booked to go to this Jive Extravadanca at Southport.

I've never been to one of these Jive Weekenders before.

What they like?
Will it improve my dancing?
Do you think it will be £99 well spent?
Can I last 'till t 4am? :wink:

TheTramp
6th-February-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Danger Mouse
What they like?
Can I last 'till t 4am? :wink: Fab
Yes
Yes
Yes

Look forward to meeting you there! :D

Steve

Bardsey
9th-February-2004, 01:22 PM
Fab
Yes
Yes
Yes

Look forward to meeting you there! :D

Steve

:yeah:

Martin
9th-February-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Danger Mouse
Hey! I'm booked to go to this Jive Extravadanca at Southport.

I've never been to one of these Jive Weekenders before.

What they like?
Can I last 'till t 4am? :wink:

1/ So much fun, especially as you are living "on site" takes me back to Uni days.

2/ Sure it will, workshops all day and dancing all night :waycool:

3/ Bloody cheap for what you get

4/ Sure you can - "Today is a gift, that is why it is called the present" make the most of it.

Bill
11th-February-2004, 09:32 PM
Paid my deposit, booked the places and in my diary :D ...... really looking forward to it. No comps to think about, I'll have finished the course I'm doing ( I hope :sick: ) and will have a bout 6 weeks till the summer holidays so I can relax and just have lots of fun :na: :clap:

Bardsey
12th-February-2004, 12:35 PM
Paid my deposit, booked the places and in my diary :D ...... really looking forward to it. No comps to think about, I'll have finished the course I'm doing ( I hope :sick: ) and will have a bout 6 weeks till the summer holidays so I can relax and just have lots of fun :na: :clap:

Great Bill, be good to see you there. Can I be the first (or second after Fran) to put my name on your dance card?:hug:

Bill
12th-February-2004, 01:52 PM
Great Bill, be good to see you there. Can I be the first (or second after Fran) to put my name on your dance card?:hug:

second and third I hope......... lots of time for lots of dances :na: :D Be good to see you again :hug:

Bardsey
12th-February-2004, 02:46 PM
second and third I hope......... lots of time for lots of dances :na: :D Be good to see you again :hug:

Great! I'll start practicing my blues stuff.... probably frighten the life out of the men down this way :rofl:

Bill
13th-February-2004, 11:31 AM
Great! I'll start practicing my blues stuff.... probably frighten the life out of the men down this way :rofl:

Just as long as you remember to smile ......sure they'll love it.

Have a lovely day tomorrow :flower:

Bardsey
13th-February-2004, 01:13 PM

Have a lovely day tomorrow :flower:

Thank you, but I don't have that special someone to share it with, so I'll be going to a MJ Valentine night with some other singles.......my motto at present is "no chance to romance, so I'll just have to dance"! :hug:

Bill
13th-February-2004, 01:16 PM
Thank you, but I don't have that special someone to share it with, so I'll be going to a MJ Valentine night with some other singles.......my motto at present is "no chance to romance, so I'll just have to dance"! :hug:

a wise and sensible motto !!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe tomorrow will be the night :wink: Have fun. :hug:

Lounge Lizard
10th-March-2004, 06:44 PM
Update on line up
I am teaching two drops and seducer classes (no surprise there), the beginners will be with Evelyne AND the intermediate/advanced one will be with Melanie [filthycute]
PLUS
Awesome Foursome - two couples dancing together - linking moves, swapping partners etc
(I taught it at Camber/Bognor with Dan and Lou but at south port it will be.............
Me & Evelyne + James & Melanie

Bardsey
11th-March-2004, 03:41 PM
Update on line up
I am teaching two drops and seducer classes (no surprise there), the beginners will be with Evelyne AND the intermediate/advanced one will be with Melanie [filthycute]
PLUS
Awesome Foursome - two couples dancing together - linking moves, swapping partners etc
(I taught it at Camber/Bognor with Dan and Lou but at south port it will be.............

I'll look forward to that Pete. I quite fancy the Awesome Foursome thing, I'll have to get myself a partner sharpish!

Bill
11th-March-2004, 11:57 PM

And after their success at Blackpool everyone will be keen to see them strut their stuff :D :na:

Can't wait..............:worthy:

Martin
12th-March-2004, 12:09 AM
Update on line up
PLUS

Now you are just showing off, me only got cha cha and "non-strength ariels".

Having said that, I now incorporate a lot of cha cha in my dance, and it seems to go down well. So easy to break in and out of should the music dictate.

As to non-strength ariels :drool: got some real cool ones. (partner will be required, no rotation)

Been doing some real cool new Aussie MJ moves recently, so hoping someone will also get me to do an Aussie style workshop as well.

Chris
12th-March-2004, 03:51 AM
only got cha cha and "non-strength ariels". <snip>Been doing some real cool new Aussie MJ moves recently, so hoping someone will also get me to do an Aussie style workshop as well.

That would be nice. Always good to see new stuff coming out of either of the Aussie ceroc groups - I very much liked Simon's stuff when he was over here. Have too many other things that interest me dance wise to personally whip up any enthusiasm for aerials or chacha just now (ooops - having said that he'll probably work them into a jive routine just to p*ss me off lol - damn! Maybe I shouldn've said nowt . . .) - Martin - please don't listen to me - I can't stand Aussie moves - just want to see aerials and chacha (fingers crossed behind back) - listen to what other people want - aerials are so cool - we can use them sooooooo often - and who needs jive when we can cha-cha? :devil:

johnah
12th-March-2004, 11:56 AM

It's great news that Melanie & James [Intermediate winners at Blackpool] are teaming up with Peter for the Awesome 4some workshop. Now that should be something quite special! But, the Scottish influence doesn't end there because I'm delighted to say that the "Scintillating Sinners" will also be performing their simply awesome routine!!!

The atmosphere our Scottish friends created at Blackpool was simply magnificent and I know a large contingent will be at Southport too. So, we're all looking forward to a greeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaat big party, a weekend of sheer fun!!

Also appearing in cabaret will be the amazing Clayton & Janine.

And, don't forget, we've assembled the best line-up of Teachers the north has ever seen, providing over 40 hours of dance workshops. Then there's 3 nights of freestyle dancing until at least 4am. It's gonna be a blast!!

For more info' on the Southport Jive Extravadanca, checkout www.jiveaddiction.com

TheTramp
12th-March-2004, 01:18 PM
Then there's 3 nights of freestyle dancing until at least 4am. That's one of my favourite words (in that context anyow). The word 'least'.

We can keep the party going until at least 6am, can't we?? :D :devil:

Trampy

Bardsey
12th-March-2004, 01:20 PM
That's one of my favourite words (in that context anyow). The word 'least'.

We can keep the party going until at least 6am, can't we?? :D :devil:

Trampy

Sure, no problem! Makes note to stock up on Red Bull

johnah
12th-March-2004, 01:48 PM

Hey Steve,

If there's one big phat party still going on at 4am, and everyone wants to continue to party - well, we'll just have to see about a wee extension won't we!!!!!!
:wink:

Chris
12th-March-2004, 03:44 PM
given the names cuurently billed on the website, here's my personal wish list of what I'd like to see :wink:

Nigel Anderson - musical interpretation workshop

Nina Daines - ballet-jive fusion workshop

(always nice to get blues workshops from Nigel and Nina too :D)

Amir & Kate - style workshop - several hours of it - especially as I couldn't get to his last one (too expensive, plus clashed with top o/s visiting salsa teacher that was a one off)

Viktor & partner - new UK Ceroc moves workshops (int/adv)

Martin Elliott - new Australian Ceroc moves workshops (int/adv)

Ren Lexander
Never heard of him but if he's respected on the Oz circuit then some basic (non-choreographed) latin ceroc at intermediate or advanced level would be cool

Graham LeClerc & Sarah
Mostly just being beautiful :D but I'd go along to their class probably just cos they seem like such nice people - loads of respect for the work they do (g,d &r from other organisers from their area)

Mikey
Doing what he does to keep all the ladies excited lol

Peter Phillips
doing his amazing lemon latin lover cabaret, maybe discussing some of the moves, bribing him with Buds to do this when I sleep in for his class lol

Steve Lampert - Blues workshop

Robin & Raven
As they teach Lindy this has zero interest for me :(

David Martin & Jaime - sorry, never heard of them
Jatinder Singh - ditto

Marianne Hospel - as she's a ballroom and latin champ I'd like to have a style workshop using stepping / movement techniques from these dances (no interest in learning a ballroom 'routine' or 'intro to fox trot' etc)

This is a very personal wish list but good luck to everyone whatever they do.

Ceroc and ceroc events to me are "high social intensity, low dance intensity" - if I'm going to pay money or take time off freestyle I ned a good reason. I'm going for the freestyle and 4am or 6am freestyles sound good to me!!!.

Maybe if a few other people post wish lists it might give the organisers some more ideas to chew on? :flower: (for this or future ones - though doubtless they're not short of ideas - and it can be hard to add stuff last minute and also to persuade teachers to do stuff that takes lots of work and planning when they could churn out crowd-pleasing workshops).

Lounge Lizard
12th-March-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Chris
given the names cuurently billed on the website, here's my personal wish list of what I'd like to see :wink:
Peter Phillips
doing his amazing lemon latin lover cabaret, maybe discussing some of the moves, bribing him with Buds to do this when I sleep in for his class lol.....
Blimey did not think it was that good ....it got turned down for Ceroc showcase comp last year, and as I dont dance with Alina anymore I dont have a partner that know's it
thanks for the compliment tho
peter :cheers:

johnah
12th-March-2004, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Chris
[B]given the names cuurently billed on the website, here's my personal wish list of what I'd like to see :wink:

Hi Chris, interesting wish list. You're quite right in thinking that Wes and I are not short of an idea or two, but we're also interested in hearing other dancers views. Indeed, we've taken many such views on board already and, you'll be pleased to know, that some [if not all] of your wishes might just be granted.

We've brought together a terrific line-up of Teachers at Southport and, even those that you [currently] haven't heard of have excellent street cred! We've spent hours and hours and hours working on our workshop programme, it ain't easy for such a big event as this, but subject to a few last minute adjustments that may be required, we're pretty close to having finalised the format of over 40 hours of workshops. One thing's for sure, we're fairly confident that dancers will find a host of lessons to enjoy. Full details will be published asap.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

www.jiveaddiction.com

Chris
12th-March-2004, 05:21 PM
....it got turned down for Ceroc showcase comp last year

So you've said lol - don't you know when to interpret that as a compliment? :devil:

Lynn
13th-March-2004, 11:54 AM
Just sent off my booking for Southport with 2 others. Our teacher and his demonstrator are also going and another 7 are interested... We have on average 30 along to class each week so that's a fair proportion. The class was buzzing about Southport last night...

And of course I am really looking forward to meeting up with other forumites! :hug:

TheTramp
13th-March-2004, 12:01 PM
JAnd of course I am really looking forward to meeting up with other forumites! :hug: And the other forumites are looking forward to meeting up with you too Lynn....

Trampy

Lynn
13th-March-2004, 12:34 PM
And the other forumites are looking forward to meeting up with you too Lynn.... :cheers:

Martin
14th-March-2004, 10:47 AM
Well I can't argue too much with your wish list Chris. [very much what I would go for]

I know they have been working hard to provide a good mix for the dancers. I saw Wes last night as he is in Sydney at the moment and he was talking to me about the program, which a lot of hard work has gone into.:worthy:

A lot of thought always goes into providing a mix.

The good thing is the dancers can pick and choose and every wish list would be slightly different, so variety is good.
(I too avoid the Lindy as there are Lindy w/e's for that - plenty of them. Still some like a bit of Lindy as well) - Provides a good break for food or a chat, or simply just a rest/sleep in.

With so many teachers it is difficult to show all a teacher can do. I love teaching "new moves Aussie style", they also wanted a cha cha person, so I will do that and show how to break into and out of cha cha and back to Ceroc and what modern music that can be done to (LL, DJ'ing for me on this one! - Wes also had some cool music suggestions for this). The non-strength ariels are handy for anyone wanting to break into Cabarets.

If I had restricted knowledge/background, I would probably just stick to "mainstream Adv/Int Ceroc", I did ask Wes last night (having read your post) can I also do New Aussie ceroc moves, he explained the schedule :tears: :tears:

Very full... :blush:

Paul F
14th-March-2004, 07:53 PM
Oh i do hope i can get to go to that. Trouble is i have my finals around that time. Im hoping I will be lucky on two counts 1. that my exams are prior to that date and 2. I can still get in on a late booking :( :(

I would so love to go. It sounds absolutely fantastic.

Neil
31st-March-2004, 12:03 AM
Well, I've finally gotten round to booking my tickets for Southport - not that there was ever much doubt that I'd be going!

I reckon it's going to be a fantastic weekend :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Neil

Lynn
31st-March-2004, 12:08 AM
There are going to be 8 from our Belfast class there - and it will be the first jive weekender for almost all of us (everyone except the teacher) so we are looking foward to a great weekend!!

Bill
31st-March-2004, 11:35 AM
There are going to be 8 from our Belfast class there - and it will be the first jive weekender for almost all of us (everyone except the teacher) so we are looking foward to a great weekend!!

looking forward to seeing you there and all the other forumites :wink: :D :cheers:

johnah
31st-March-2004, 12:22 PM

:flower:

And, we're looking forward to welcoming your Group at Southport Lynn as, indeed, we are all the Forumites who will be there. Bardsey [the lovely Jill, who is currently recovering from an operation - GET WELL SOON JILL] has been in contact with me to arrange a reception for Forumites on the Friday evening. She'll post the details of where/when a little closer to the event.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

One thing we do know, the weekend is gonna be fun, with hundreds and hundreds of dancers decending upon Southport from all corners of the UK. It's gonna be one big phat paaaaaaaaaaaaaarty weekend and, not forgetting, an opportunity to learn some new moves from a superb line-up of teachers providing over 40 hours of dance workshops. Added to which is the freestyles until at "least" 4am, although Trampy reckons he's gonna party until at "least" 6am?

On Saturday, the ladies especially will have the opportunity to Glam-Up for the Gladrag Ball which will feature cabaret with Scotland's Scintillating Sinners, Clayton Tubbs & Janine Myers and Graham LeClerc & Sarah. More details will follow soon.:drool:

So dancers, a great weekender beckons!

Yogi_Bear
31st-March-2004, 08:17 PM

Forumite meeting? Why not....count me in!

Dreadful Scathe
19th-April-2004, 03:08 PM
looking forward to seeing you there and all the other forumites :wink: :D :cheers:

Im very sorry to inform you that I also will be there :)

Chicklet
19th-April-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
I take it you cleared this with Lily first, she'll need to know where to find you for yon neck dip practices!

Bardsey
19th-April-2004, 03:15 PM

You win some, you lose some !!!!

Only joking, please, please save a dance for me, I didn't catch you for one at BB (did I?)

Bill
20th-April-2004, 04:52 PM

well at least you'll have the lovely Mrs DS with you so that will more than compensate for the presence of a small blue individual :rolleyes: :D

Neil
11th-May-2004, 09:32 AM
Three days to go till Southport....

Obviously the proof of the pudding will be in the dancing, but I think John & Wes should be congratulated for what they've achieved so far: to organise an event of this size from a standing start is pretty darn impressive :worthy:

Looking forward to a great weekend :grin:

Neil

Bardsey
11th-May-2004, 09:38 AM
Three days to go till Southport....

Looking forward to a great weekend :grin:

Neil

Me too, Neil. Hope to see you at the Forumite meeting.

Jill x

Yogi_Bear
11th-May-2004, 11:56 PM
Seeing the posts about personal wish lists for workshops at Southport reminds me of a very funny hoax programme someone posted on a board at camber sands a few years ago. I can't remember the details (maybe someone can, or the perpetrator(s) own up to it, but it featured such things as
Blues aerials (with Andy and Nina from Jump 'n jive? or was it DavidB and Nina?)
Ceroc styling class (cancelled) - sorry :flower:
Wish I could remember some of the others....

Neil
12th-May-2004, 11:58 AM
Me too, Neil. Hope to see you at the Forumite meeting. I'll be there, Jill. I look forward to meeting you :flower:

Two days to go...

Neil

Yogi_Bear
12th-May-2004, 12:04 PM
I'll be there, Jill. I look forward to meeting you :flower:

Two days to go...

Neil
Bardsey et al......likewise, if I ever manage to work out who people actually are..:cheers:

Rachel
12th-May-2004, 12:17 PM
Neil! Haven't seen you in ages ... Is this what I have to do nowadays? Go all the way to Southport to get a dance with you?

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing you again this weekend, and every one else, and meeting other forumites and new friends ...

Excited or what!!!

BTW Peter (LL), I thought you wrote an extremely good post on all the dance weekenders and how we shouldn't unfavourably compare certain ones with others. As you say, they've all got their good and bad points .... but almost everyone seems to have a brilliant time, wherever they go.

I for one love Camber and will always keep going there. And also hope to be going on many more Rock Bottoms weekends. But I'm really delighted that John and Wes have organised a weekend further north, and that so many people who can't get to the south coast events are able to make it. I hope it's going to be the first of many!

(Am I really the only person who doesn't have any problem with the accommodation/bedding at Pointins/Butlins? I've never found anything wrong with it ... Christ, I remember what the Butlins chalets used to be like on family holidays 30 years ago!!! Compared to that, they're really posh now.)
Rachel

Yogi_Bear
12th-May-2004, 12:20 PM
Indeed......reading the posts there should be a good number of people who haven't been to south coast evenys such as Camber. And there will be another Southport extravadansa in September (as detailed in the programme).
yb

TheTramp
12th-May-2004, 12:25 PM
(Am I really the only person who doesn't have any problem with the accommodation/bedding at Pointins/Butlins? I've never found anything wrong with it ... Nope. I tend to spend about 4 hours in my chalet each night (because of dancing too much). I tend to be very sound asleep during those 4 hours. And I really don't care that much what they are like, as long as they are clean.

Trampy

Neil
12th-May-2004, 12:31 PM
Neil! Haven't seen you in ages ... Yeah, I've been keeping a relatively low profile, Ceroc-wise (down to once a week, would you believe?). Been doing a fair bit of salsa - very badly, I hasten to add :(

Anyway, really looking forward to seeing you again this weekend Likewise!!!

BTW Peter (LL), I thought you wrote an extremely good post on all the dance weekenders and how we shouldn't unfavourably compare certain ones with others. As you say, they've all got their good and bad points :yeah: Given the distance they are apart, Camber and Southport aren't really in competition anyway. Long may they both thrive!

Neil

Bill
12th-May-2004, 12:35 PM
Nope. I tend to spend about 4 hours in my chalet each night (because of dancing too much). I tend to be very sound asleep during those 4 hours. And I really don't care that much what they are like, as long as they are clean.

Trampy

and I bet you'll be dreaming of dancing as well.

But a real step up for a student eh !!!!! aroom, a bed, and 4 hours sleep. Be just like preparing for an exam. :rolleyes:

TheTramp
12th-May-2004, 12:38 PM
and I bet you'll be dreaming of dancing as well.

But a real step up for a student eh !!!!! aroom, a bed, and 4 hours sleep. Be just like preparing for an exam. :rolleyes: Probably!!

Preparing for an exam?? What's that?? :confused:

Trampy

Rachel
12th-May-2004, 01:36 PM
[B]and I bet you'll be dreaming of dancing as well.
... Oh, just remembered - I had this amazind dream last night where I was almost weightless and doing these incredible aerials with a guy who was a cross between David Franklin and Steve (of Steve & Jo - showcase). I was doing moves like handstands up on his shoulders ... We were doing a demo for my team leader at work, who was so impressed.

I think this dream came about cos I was showing my team leader the picture of Martin doing his double supergirl lift with Lily and Janet. .. Actually, I guess this could have led to all kinds of dreams - 1 guy/2 girls, ...
R.

Yogi_Bear
12th-May-2004, 01:59 PM
Actually, I guess this could have led to all kinds of dreams - 1 guy/2 girls, ...
R. I have these all the time :wink:

Liz
12th-May-2004, 02:12 PM
Given the distance they are apart, Camber and Southport aren't really in competition anyway. Long may they both thrive!

Neil [/B][/QUOTE]
:wink: Ditto!!

P.s., Looking forward to a dance...

Neil
12th-May-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Liz
P.s., Looking forward to a dance... Blimey, I was just about to write the same thing in the other thread! Yeah, put me down for a few dances, Lizzy (if I can beat off all the other men who'll be queuing up to dance with you...) :wink:

Neil

Liz
12th-May-2004, 02:39 PM
Blimey, I was just about to write the same thing in the other thread! Yeah, put me down for a few dances, Lizzy (if I can beat off all the other men who'll be queuing up to dance with you...) :wink:

Neil
Flattery will get you everywhere!!

Marked 'me card' - Hope you find me out in all the crowd???
What time are you both planning to get there?

TheTramp
12th-May-2004, 02:51 PM
Blimey, I was just about to write the same thing in the other thread! Yeah, put me down for a few dances, Lizzy (if I can beat off all the other men who'll be queuing up to dance with you...) :wink: Great. Someone who knows Liz, who I know.

So, will you point her out to me then please Neil!! :D

Trampy

Lounge Lizard
12th-May-2004, 02:54 PM
Oh, just remembered - I had this amazind dream last night where I was almost weightless and doing these incredible aerials with a guy who was a cross between David Franklin and Steve (of Steve & Jo - showcase). I was doing moves like handstands up on his shoulders
R. Then she woke up on the wardrobe:rofl: :rofl:

Bardsey
12th-May-2004, 03:13 PM
I'll be there, Jill. I look forward to meeting you :flower:

Two days to go...

Neil

Me too! Getting all giddy with excitement now. This time Friday I'll be there, checked in and all (hopefully)

Bardsey
12th-May-2004, 03:18 PM
Then she woke up on the wardrobe:rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :worthy:

Neil
12th-May-2004, 04:13 PM
So, will you point her out to me then please Neil!! :D Sorry, Steve, I am sworn to secrecy :sad: Liz wants to maintain her image as a woman of mystery...

Neil

Martin
12th-May-2004, 05:46 PM
Oh, just remembered - I had this amazind dream last night where I was almost weightless and doing these incredible aerials with a guy who was a cross between David Franklin and Steve (of Steve & Jo - showcase). I was doing moves like handstands up on his shoulders ... We were doing a demo for my team leader at work, who was so impressed.

No problem Rachel, called the candlestick. I can show you and Mark how to do that one at Southport if you like...

I think this dream came about cos I was showing my team leader the picture of Martin doing his double supergirl lift with Lily and Janet. .. Actually, I guess this could have led to all kinds of dreams - 1 guy/2 girls, ...
R.

Dreams can get you in so much trouble, I must admit I was very proud of that move (and relieved that we pulled it off)...

Martin

Neil
14th-May-2004, 10:23 AM
The glorious day has arrived!

Safe journey to everyone making the trip down/up/across to Southport, and see you all at the Forum Meeting tonight...

Neil

Tiggerbabe
16th-May-2004, 10:41 PM
So - where were you hiding Neil? Didn't see you all weekend :tears: :tears:

Paul F
16th-May-2004, 11:52 PM
Fantastic dancing on Saturday !!!

Thankyou to everyone for my dances (Sheena - never knew DJ Robbie and "Last night" could be so entertaining :hug: )

My very first dance and I was caught by a trailing fingernail of a lady I was dancing with. I then had a big cut across my chin :tears: :blush:
Oh well .....had much worse.

This was the first time I have ever got the chance to have a dance with Kate (as in Will and Kate) and Janine (as in Clayton and Janine - hope I spelled that right)
Fantastic, what else is there to say :D :worthy:

Some brill dances and some outstanding music throughout. Thanks to everyone involved in the organisation and to everyone there. Hope to do it again in September !! :grin:

Paul F
17th-May-2004, 02:48 AM
.......and may I add.......a very well deserved win for a certain forum legend.

Looking very smart he was

Dreadful Scathe
17th-May-2004, 09:37 AM
he did indeed, but who was the guy who looked like an older version of theTramp and was also wearing a kilt. I only saw him from a distance and my eyesight isnt great :)

I approved of the light blue colour Bardsey was wearing. Very smurfy :). Didnt get to meet many forum members, got down to the gathering a bit late. Hello again to Zebra Woman :).

Annoying I had to come back up early, still - great event, and the weather was a bonus :).

Can I also add that Charlie flounces with the best of 'em ;).

Anyone take pictures ?

DavidB
17th-May-2004, 12:54 PM
I had a great time - well worth the drive up from London. Nice relaxed atmosphere, plenty of space to dance, reasonable chalets, and good music right up to 5:56am on Sunday morning (then that b*****d Trampy played Zoot Suit Riot!)

Now sitting at work with sore feet, a sunburnt neck and no hangover!

David

Dreadful Scathe
17th-May-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
(then that b*****d Trampy played Zoot Suit Riot!)

:D missed that, only lasted till 3-ish. Someone told me I was dancing with underrars wife at one point but I didnt manage to say hello to him - er, Hello underpar :)

Congrats to the teachers - heard good reviews about everybodys classes. Personally I caught Amirs classes, Nigel and Ninas fast class (sheesh i couldnt dance at all on Sunday morning). Peters dips and drops and Marks hip hop. Only caught a bit of theTramps which was a shame. All were great. Was watching Mikeys class on Sunday..is it legal to do the groin grab move in freestyle ? :what: :D

I almost* beat theTramp on the dance game...Im getting a mat for the playstation so i can practice :). Next time Tramp, Next time!!

* i had no chance to be honest

Bill
17th-May-2004, 04:50 PM
What a weekend..................like DS sorry we had to leave early ( about 4.00 Sunday) but not very often I dance to 3.00, get to bed by 4.00 and still feel like a wimp !!!:rolleyes:

So many great classes and wonderful dancers. And great to meet some more forum members under par and 'Mrs under par' ( what's your forum name going to be ;) ), Lynn from Belfast and Zebra woman.... thanks very much :D

Even managed a dance with Dave and then James - you both follow beautifully. And double trouble with DavidB ( who may have had a drink or two ) :na:

And a wonderful comment by Keith after Nigel and Nina's fast class - " so much for high velocity dancing - you and Fran were doing blues " - well the track was over 200bpm. I was interpreting the breaks :innocent: ........but I did do the little jogs and started sweating.............so did some more bluesy stuff.

and sunshine as well.........what more could we have asked for :clap:

Neil
17th-May-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
So - where were you hiding Neil? Didn't see you all weekend :tears: :tears: Ah, but I saw quite a lot of you, Sheena :drool:

Real shame we didn't get to have a dance or even say hello :tears: Maybe see you back there in September? (if not before).

Congrats again to John & Wes (and everyone else involved) for putting on a fantastic weekend! :grin:

Neil

Fran
17th-May-2004, 05:33 PM
but I did do the little jogs and started sweating.............so did some more bluesy stuff.

and sunshine as well.........what more could we have asked for :clap:

really enjoyed the "jogs" it felt so funny - i think i was alone in my opinion in the group but I had a really good time/laugh - apart from what it did to your top half! :what:

I had a great weekend - thanks to the organisers. as david said lovely relaxed atmosphere fabby people and a fabby massage.

was a tad teird this morning - bill did not get much conversation from me:blush: And have had a lucky esacpe my exhaust has just fallen off !!!! but at least it was here and not on the journey home.

roll on next weekend for the Beach Ball room. wouldnt it be great if we could just do this an dnot have to worry about the minor things like earning a living!

ChrisH
17th-May-2004, 05:48 PM
Phil, Dale and I arrived from Kent and London just in time for the end of the Forum meeting. We would have arrived earlier but for my ability to follow the wrong road signs. Sadly, this meant not meeting you beautiful real people on the Forum. So many of you still are a name without a face. :tears:

Wow, what a weekend. The dancing was fantastic. I had so many good dances and met even more fabulous lady dancers from Scotland. Is there something in the Scottish genes?? Thank you Mel for finding me and Christine, I hope we get to dance again soon.

The freestyle atmosphere was almost perfect for me. I do not think I have ever been to a venue where everybody that I wanted to dance with was in one area. We even had enough space to explore and create! :clap: Sound could have been better but then we could hear enough.

I feel really spoilt and am still euphoric about my dances. So many good dances.... Ladies you are wonderful! Thank you so much for making my time with you such a joy.

Of course, huge credit too for the DJs. The music on Saturday night was just right for me. I was inspired and flowed... Actually, I completely lost track of time, it was that good! :grin:

Phil and I danced until 2am this morning before tearing ourselves away and driving back to Kent. I finally managed a couple of hours sleep at 11am.

Next weekend I am in Aberdeen for the Beach Ballroom. If Southport is anything to go by, I know I will have the dance evening of my life. So ladies in Scotland, please save a couple of tracks to dance with me!!

Alfie
17th-May-2004, 05:58 PM
Hi All,
Just got back, had a loveley journey back in the sun. Great weekend:clap: :clap: thankyou to all the ladies who danced with me:grin: I didn't have a poor dance all weekend.
The music was brill all weekend but I just could not stop out of the blues room, great music, wonderful dancers.
Hello to all the new people I've met this weekend especially the Irish possy, lovely dancing with you all.
Congratulations to Wes, Jonah, Mikey and the rest of the crew for an exellently run event. Free water all day is a big plus for me as i don't drink. Very well organised,well run,just cant think of enough good thing s to say:grin: :grin:
Both nessie and myself enjoyed ourselves tremenously, as did another freind of ours. We believe that we have highlited two new dancing ailments, Lindy leg and Tango bum and invented a new after danceing game called beat the Ant (with a rolled up news paper) Had a great time see you all in September.

stewart38
17th-May-2004, 05:59 PM

I approved of the light blue colour Bardsey was wearing. Very smurfy :).

Yes and if she hadnt won I wouldn't have met many forum members

The dancer who ends in 31 was it sarah ?(my memory !) your wasted in Scotland come dance down south :tears:

A great event and well worth the 213 miles drive, took well under 4hrs to get back

Tiggerbabe
17th-May-2004, 06:33 PM
Ah, but I saw quite a lot of you, Sheena :drool:

:blush: :blush:

Alfie
17th-May-2004, 07:00 PM
Didn't we all:wink: :wink: :wink:

Dance Demon
17th-May-2004, 07:41 PM
well.....what a great weekend. Well done Wes & Jonah. Everything seemed to go pretty smoothly. Agree with Alfie..the music in the Bluesville room was top notch....well done to Trampy, Nigel, and of course the maestro, Peter Phillips for some tasty stuff.......shame Peters set on Saturday night wasn't a bit longer though:confused: .....Nice to meet up with some forumites, though i was too late for the get together on Friday night:tears: ...Bardsey ou looked a million dollars in that sparkly dress:kiss: .........and thankyou Zebra Woman for some lovely dances...........Those of you who went home on Sunday night, you missed a great laugh at the Barbeque outsite John & Hazels chalet....the wine was flowing and laughs were plenty.......and some of the dancing later on was a bit iffy...or should that be squiffy:wink: .........looking foward to doing it all again in September:waycool:

Lynn
17th-May-2004, 08:57 PM
What a fab weekend!!! I (and all the Belfast crowd) had a really brill time. Did 9 workshops (it was my first weekender!) all of which were great and still managed to stay til 3am each evening - and I'm still not tired yet... but wait until tomorrow....

So nice to meet some fellow forumites and had some really lovely dances - thank you! :flower: :flower: Thanks too to Bardsey for introducing me to some other forumites.:flower:

Big thanks to John and Wes for organising a great weekend. :cheers:

Lynn

Dutchginger
17th-May-2004, 10:15 PM
and good music right up to 5:56am on Sunday morning (then that b*****d Trampy played Zoot Suit Riot!)
David

But you still pulled it off with style as ever...:flower: Thank you for still having that final dance with me despite Trampy's questionnable choice at that mellow stage of the morning....:hug:

I guess they call it a floor clearer and BOY, did it work!

Anyway, what a fab weekend indeed. And what wonderful, often inspirational dances I had with all you lovely boys!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Huge congrats to Wes and John, the whole jive addiction team, the DJ's etc etc. etc....I had no choice BUT to stay on till the very last dances at dawn both Saturday and Sunday as I was having far too much of a good time to leave a minute earlier! :worthy:

Marc and Rachel...you're luvly... :hug:

And...I'll never forget Marc's dance with nine ladies....(or was that 8 ladies and one...guy...?!? well, it WAS late). Nor will Marc I bet...:yum: Mikey, you only managed 6....you must have had an off-night...:wink:

Marianne

TheTramp
17th-May-2004, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Dutchginger
Thank you for still having that final dance with me despite Trampy's questionnable choice at that mellow stage of the morning....:hug:

I guess they call it a floor clearer and BOY, did it work!That was a fantastic choice of track. I could have played another great blues track, like I had for the last 3 hours, and you'd have danced, and forgotten what I played by now.

Everyone left with a smile after that. And you're still talking about it 2 days later. What more could a DJ want.

Besides. I was trying to clear the floor. I wanted to go to my goddam bed. Unfortunately, it was about to be occupied by DavidB and Sheena having crumpet(s)..... :sick:

Trampy

TheTramp
18th-May-2004, 12:01 AM
Have to say that I really enjoyed the weekend. The planning and organisation that had been put into it was amazing. Considering that it was a first time that the organisers had put together a weekend for 900 people, they have to be applauded for the smoothness with which they pulled it off :clap: :whistle:

Everyone seemed to be having a great time and the whole event had a really great atmosphere.

Was nice to meet some forumites for the first time - Lynn (shame I didn't see you for a dance though) and Inspired, and all the other forumites that I already knew. Still haven't managed to work out who Liz is though (even though Neil promised to point her out in exchange for me pointing out Bardsey to him).

Can't wait for Southport II (Son of Southport) in September.

Trampy

Neil
18th-May-2004, 12:06 AM
Still haven't managed to work out who Liz is though (even though Neil promised to point her out in exchange for me pointing out Bardsey to him) At one point during the weekend I spotted you having a lengthy conversation with the lovely Liz. I assumed she had revealed all to you... :whistle:

Neil

Tiggerbabe
18th-May-2004, 12:16 AM
:yeah: - what Trampy said!!
I had a great time, met a few "new" forumites but unfortunately didn't make it down for the forum gathering so missed loads of you :blush:

Thoroughly enjoyed the music and the dancing all weekend, and the blues room was especially cool :wink:

A huge thankyou to everyone who cheered us (sinners) on during our final cabaret rehearsal - held on the grass outside the Scottish chalets :rofl:

Well done and many thanks to everyone who was involved in making the weekend "happen" :clap: :clap:

p.s I do have some pictures - tomorrow :wink: no time to post them tonight - I need to catch up on my sleep - ha ha ha!

Dreadful Scathe
18th-May-2004, 09:21 AM
hmm which one of the sinners was it who managed to whip their pants off in under a second ? ;)

Im still tired from the weekend !

posted by stewart38

The dancer who ends in 31 was it sarah ?(my memory !) your wasted in Scotland come dance down south

Thanks for insulting all the male dancers in Scotland, she's wasted here is she? tsk. As far as i know Sarah is based down south, and if so, shes wasted down there :D

Yogi_Bear
18th-May-2004, 09:38 AM
hmm which one of the sinners was it who managed to whip their pants off in under a second ? ;)

If you mean the woman who took her underwear to Mikey I was sitting next to her and she had a spare pair of knickers with her, so only needed to whip off her bra ( and, as she said, Mikey didn't stipulate that she had to be wearing the graments at the time.....:wink:
yb

Mikey
18th-May-2004, 09:41 AM
Have to say that I really enjoyed the weekend. The planning and organisation that had been put into it was amazing. Considering that it was a first time that the organisers had put together a weekend for 900 people, they have to be applauded for the smoothness with which they pulled it off :clap: :whistle:

Everyone seemed to be having a great time and the whole event had a really great atmosphere.

Trampy

:yeah: IN A BIG WAY !!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I had a fantastic weekend too, one of the best weekend events I have ever had the pleasure of attending,and not just teaching at either... It was also the first time I had ever Compered anywhere ever and i was so nervous it was unbelievable..lol... but absolutely fantastic weekend and so nice to meet so many new faces, not just from the forum.....

FINALLY

Jonh and Wes :worthy: "RESPECT"

Dreadful Scathe
18th-May-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Yogi_Bear
If you mean the woman who took her underwear to Mikey I was sitting next to her and she had a spare pair of knickers with her, so only needed to whip off her bra ( and, as she said, Mikey didn't stipulate that she had to be wearing the graments at the time.....

I meant which one of the 'Scintilating Sinners' took theirs off in full view of everyone - not that they hadn't been doing that behind those boards anyway. :) cough..Sheena. As you say the stipulation was bra and pants didnt even say they had to be yours.. :)

Is there a theme for September, Ill make an effort this time :D

Lounge Lizard
18th-May-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Tramp Have to say that I really enjoyed the weekend. The planning and organisation that had been put into it was amazing. Considering that it was a first time that the organisers had put together a weekend for 900 people, they have to be applauded for the smoothness with which they pulled it off

Trampy [/B]
]:yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by Mikey
[BI had a fantastic weekend too, one of the best weekend events I have ever had the pleasure of attending,and not just teaching at either... snip...
Jonh and Wes :worthy: "RESPECT" [/B] :yeah:
Can't wait till september, well done Mikey, John, Wes and all involved.
and thank you for inviting me, well worth the long drive

James and Melanie thank you soooo much for the awsome foursome you were great and I/we had such a laugh
p

Yogi_Bear
18th-May-2004, 09:47 AM
:yeah: IN A BIG WAY !!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

I had a fantastic weekend too, one of the best weekend events I have ever had the pleasure of attending,and not just teaching at either... It was also the first time I had ever Compered anywhere ever and i was so nervous it was unbelievable..lol... but absolutely fantastic weekend and so nice to meet so many new faces, not just from the forum.....

FINALLY

Jonh and Wes :worthy: "RESPECT"

Mikey - you were a natural for the job of compere! brilliant..:cheers:

Mikey
18th-May-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Dutchginger
[B

And...I'll never forget Marc's dance with nine ladies....(or was that 8 ladies and one...guy...?!? well, it WAS late). Nor will Marc I bet...:yum: Mikey, you only managed 6....you must have had an off-night...:wink:

Marianne [/B]

Well it was revenge on my part... it was Marc who landed me with 6 ladies, so the 9 was a cover for my revenge.. that been the one man i put in the pack to freek him out when suddenly found him in his arms... :rofl:
But the boy is more talented than i.. he handled all 9 ladies beautifully, mind you he had those trousers with lots of pockets, so at least the ladies had somewhere to put thier hands :whistle:

Rachel
18th-May-2004, 10:35 AM
... the one man i put in the pack to freek him out when suddenly found him in his arms... :rofl: and I thought that poor guy had just got lost!! Honestly Mikey - I don't believe that anyone else but you could get away with stealing women from their partners, mid blues dance, to pass onto another guy.....

he handled all 9 ladies beautifully ... Actually, I thought it was more a case of us handling him beautifully!! He thought all his birthdays had come at once ... He still hasn't stopped talking about it!

But the boy is more talented than i.. No waaay - he's still taking lessons from you! And you're managing to corrupt him beautifully!!!

Anyway, as everyone has said - absolutely amazing weekend! I think Sunday night was the best & most fun dancing of my life! Huge thanks to John and Wes and their wives, and everyone who worked so hard on the event - not to mention the teachers and dj's. Thanks so much to all the people I danced with and all the wonderfully inspiring women to watch. And to DutchGinger - best chaletmate/cook in the whole world!
Rachel

Yogi_Bear
18th-May-2004, 10:46 AM

Anyway, as everyone has said - absolutely amazing weekend! I think Sunday night was the best & most fun dancing of my life! Huge thanks to John and Wes and their wives, and everyone who worked so hard on the event - not to mention the teachers and dj's. Rachel
Too right, Rachel, Sunday evening was great! What a fantastic atmosphere in the swing/blues room (at times there seemed to be more there than in the main hall), superb music and some wonderful dancing. Many thanks to Rachel for 'Straight to number one' :)
A much better Sunday evening than the Camber equivalent, and still going strong at 4.30 when I gave up....
yb

Rachel
18th-May-2004, 10:56 AM
...Many thanks to Rachel for 'Straight to number one' :) Great dance - thank you!!

still going strong at 4.30 when I gave up....
yb [/B] But that's when all the fun started ...
R.

Yogi_Bear
18th-May-2004, 11:07 AM
Great dance - thank you!!

But that's when all the fun started ...
R.
Thanks Rachel - always a pleasure....Good grief, what did I miss? Marc dancing with nine women?
If so I will have to find even more stamina next timeand not wimp out so early ..:yum:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-May-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks Rachel - always a pleasure....Good grief, what did I miss? Marc dancing with nine women?
If so I will have to find even more stamina next timeand not wimp out so early ..:yum:

Saw Marc dancing with the woman who did the Ladies Style class (who tried to throw me out...boo) - looked awesome. Is she our very own DutchGinger ?

Mikey
18th-May-2004, 11:43 AM
Saw Marc dancing with the woman who did the Ladies Style class (who tried to throw me out...boo) - looked awesome. Is she our very own DutchGinger ?

She is indeed our very own DutchGinger, a sinfull filly i can assure you... :wink:

Lynn
18th-May-2004, 12:58 PM
...all the wonderfully inspiring women to watch.
For us - that was you! Watching you and Marc dancing in the blues room - beautiful and very inspiring! :flower:

Danger Mouse
18th-May-2004, 01:18 PM
Thanks John & Wes for a fabby weekend, I can't wait to do it all over again in September.

3 great nights dancing to the small hours even if the best I could do as 3am, but the highlight for me was the ‘Awesome Foursome’ on Sunday what a scream.

Rachel
18th-May-2004, 01:29 PM
For us - that was you! Watching you and Marc dancing in the blues room - beautiful and very inspiring! :flower: Oh Lynn, you're so kind - thank you! But there are some amazing teachers out there to learn from - and I've got one all of my very own to take home with me!!

Also - sharing a chalet with the Queen of ladies styling (and Sin) does have some big advantages!

I'm sorry I didn't see you in the blues room - I think that most of the time there I was dancing with my eyes closed ....

Though I really enjoyed meeting you at reception - look forward to seeing you again in September! Keep dancing, and make sure you take over those local pubs!!
Rachel x

Bardsey
18th-May-2004, 01:29 PM
I approved of the light blue colour Bardsey was wearing. Very smurfy :).

Blimey! I never thought of that! Ohmygod, I'm a smurf :rofl:

Lynn
18th-May-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry I didn't see you in the blues room - I think that most of the time there I was dancing with my eyes closed ....
By that time I was sitting in the corner feeling a bit tired to dance much but enjoying the music.

Didn't know what dancing blues was before Southport, but really like it! Now just have to show a few moves to some local guys... (and while I am at it, maybe a few of Mikey's sensual moves too!)

Lynn
18th-May-2004, 01:40 PM
Blimey! I never thought of that! Ohmygod, I'm a smurf :rofl:
Does that mean... its catching?! Could there be an epidemic of Smurfitis?!

Gus
18th-May-2004, 01:42 PM
It was also the first time I had ever Compered anywhere ever and i was so nervous it was unbelievable..lol...

Amazed ... not there but the feedback I had was that you handled it like a pro! Especially like the bit about your choice of prize, giving the chap his money back ... top lad.:waycool:

Liz
18th-May-2004, 02:18 PM

FINALLY
Jonh and Wes :worthy: "RESPECT" [/B]
I thought the compering was brilliant! Couldn't tell you were nervous at all - a true 'pro'. Well done! :clap:
thought chucking the t-shirts into the audience was cheeky but, 'nicking' John AH (of Jiveaddiction) Champagne and giving it away was just brilliant!:cheers: The guy who won his money back must have been 'well chuffed' - a fantastic weekend and all for free!! (was he a friend of yours?).

'Thanks' John and Wes and all the crew for a wonderful and memorable weekend. :kiss: SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER.

linda
18th-May-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks for insulting all the male dancers in Scotland, she's wasted here is she? tsk. As far as i know Sarah is based down south, and if so, shes wasted down there :D

Don't worry DS, Stewart38 obviously doesn't know where the centre of the dancing universe REALLY is, otherwise he wouldn't have made such a silly remark!!:wink:

Linda:kiss:

Mikey
18th-May-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Amazed ... not there but the feedback I had was that you handled it like a pro! Especially like the bit about your choice of prize, giving the chap his money back ... top lad.:waycool:

Thanks Gus, thats a very great compliment coming from you... I decided on cash back because it's what i personally would love.. walk in for your night out and end up £100 better of for spending a £1 on a charity raffle ticket !!!:clap:

Mikey
18th-May-2004, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Liz
I thought the compering was brilliant! Couldn't tell you were nervous at all - a true 'pro'. Well done! :clap:
thought chucking the t-shirts into the audience was cheeky but, 'nicking' John AH (of Jiveaddiction) Champagne and giving it away was just brilliant!:cheers: The guy who won his money back must have been 'well chuffed' - a fantastic weekend and all for free!! (was he a friend of yours?).

'Thanks' John and Wes and all the crew for a wonderful and memorable weekend. :kiss: SEE YOU IN SEPTEMBER.

Thanks liz, the guy from Yorkshire who won his weekend money back was pulled out of the raffle like everyone else who won !!! I did like the way he played along stuffing it in all his pockets, that was funny....

And.. the truth of the matter is that John really didn't know about the T shirts and his champagne, but he did forgive me for whipping it all, mind you, he has not forgiven me for doing it again with t shirts on sunday night...lol...

Thanks for your kind words about the compereing, makes me feel very humble... SO CUT IT OUT !!! Not a good image for The Forum Bad Boy..:wink:

linda
18th-May-2004, 03:44 PM
Fabulous weekend all round:grin: Had a great time!!
:grin:

Brilliant dances... thankyou to all the guys who were kind enough to dance with me:flower:
Thanks for all the great comments on the 'Scintillating Sinners' and to the guy who thought we were professional dancers..... thanks for the compliment!
Like Sheena thanks for the applause at the end of our practise on the grass... it was the best one we had!
Thanks to John for the warm welcome... look forward to seeing you again in September, when we'll have to dance!!!
(There's a small Scottish contingent already booked)

and finally... a special thanks to my two companions who watched a gorgeous sunrise with me on Saturday morning:flower:

Linda:kiss:

Lounge Lizard
18th-May-2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks for your kind words about the compereing, makes me feel very humble... SO CUT IT OUT !!! Not a good image for The Forum Bad Boy..:wink: Well I thought you were a total W***er, you picked the wrong winners of the rags comp, you gave the Tshirts to the wrong people, your jokes were peddictable and smutty......and don't he go on and on and on and on:wink: :wink: :wink:

See told you you would be crap at it:rofl:
p

Mikey
18th-May-2004, 03:51 PM
Well I thought you were a total W***er, you picked the wrong winners of the rags comp, you gave the Tshirts to the wrong people, your jokes were peddictable and smutty......and don't he go on and on and on and on:wink: :wink: :wink:

See told you you would be crap at it:rofl:
p

TheTramp
18th-May-2004, 03:54 PM
:yeah: :yeah:

But at least he got the winner of the male, "riches" category right!!! :whistle:

(I think it was just a sympathy vote!!)

Trampy

Mikey
18th-May-2004, 03:57 PM

But at least he got the winner of the male, "riches" category right!!! :whistle:

(I think it was just a sympathy vote!!)

Trampy

No not a sympathy vote at all.. the truth was i had made a £50 bet you didn't have B**LS big enough to wear it like a true Scotsman:wink:

I was quids in as soon as you lifted it and showed those huge Bridget Jones off :cheers:

Bardsey
18th-May-2004, 04:01 PM
John and Wes, what can I say, such a brilliant weekend and all that beautiful sunshine specially imported in from the Carribean, must have cost you a fortune!!!:grin: You worked long, hard hours before the weekend and during it to make sure it was the outstanding success that it was. Well done to you both and all your crew! If this was so brilliant, at a first attempt, I can only imagine what September will be like..... see you then!

My friends and I had a fantastic time, didn't get to all the workshops we would have liked to, either through tiredness, laziness or just not having a partner, but we enjoyed the ones we did get to, immensely. The teachers were first class, the DJ's played all my favourites and everyone was really happy and friendly. We had loads of laughs!

Thanks to The Tramp for being the first to drag me onto the dancefloor at the Forum meeting, brilliant as usual! I danced my legs off all weekend, I was really lucky and was hardly ever off the dance floor (much to the chagrin of some of the guys I usually dance with in Yorkshire, who had a moan about not being able to catch me......lol).

It was great meeting up with the forumites I'd already met, namely the scottish contingent, but it was great to meet others, Dangerous Curves, Lynn, who were really lovely, the fabby Underpar, Neil, Stewart38, Chicklet, Will, to name but a few, and really sorry for the ones I missed.

A BIG thanks to Mikey, for his amazing classes, you are soooo funny! Also for the "hot" dance, I swear I'm still taking cold showers everytime I think about it :rofl: Its because of you I met a few more forumites cos when I came up to receive my prize and you said "oh its Bardsey", others came up to me afterwards to introduce themselves, so thanks for that. You were a fantastic compere and honestly, you were such a natural, I thought you must do it regularly...........I think you might from now on, what a star!!!

Jill x

Dreadful Scathe
18th-May-2004, 04:10 PM
Its because of you I met a few more forumites cos when I came up to receive my prize and you said "oh its Bardsey",

Im sure he said 'Bardsley' with an L, I didnt want to correct him at the time :). Well it was an L of a dress :what:

Lynn
18th-May-2004, 04:17 PM
The teachers were first class, the DJ's played all my favourites and everyone was really happy and friendly.
And that dress was sooo sparkly - it was great!

Must meet more forumites in September - (and bring a man with me so I can do the 'sinful' class!)

Bardsey
18th-May-2004, 04:25 PM
And that dress was sooo sparkly - it was great!

Must meet more forumites in September - (and bring a man with me so I can do the 'sinful' class!)

Yes, me too Lynn.........plans are already underway.......:rofl:

Im sure he said 'Bardsley' with an L, I didnt want to correct him at the time :). Well it was an L of a dress :what:

:rofl: yes he did, I tried to correct him, but he wasn't having any of it :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
18th-May-2004, 04:28 PM

:rofl: yes he did, I tried to correct him, but he wasn't having any of it :rofl:

thats easily sorted, we all start calling him 'MILKEY' till he apologises :)

Bardsey
18th-May-2004, 04:30 PM
thats easily sorted, we all start calling him 'MILKEY' till he apologises :)

:rofl: :rofl: :worthy:

Mikey
18th-May-2004, 06:13 PM
[i]Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Im sure he said 'Bardsley' with an L, I didnt want to correct him at the time . Well it was an L of a dress [/B]

[i]

rofl: yes he did, I tried to correct him, but he wasn't having any of it :rofl: [/B]

I am so so so so sorry !!! Bardsey baby.. it was the nerves , honest... I don't think i could cope with Milkey and any woman saying she has been full of Milkey goodness one day !!!:tears:

Pals again:flower:

Magic Hans
18th-May-2004, 07:17 PM
That the 2nd weekender I've been to (been to Camber once), and it was totally brill :grin:

[Not that I'm biased at all, coming from Nottingham!!:rolleyes: ]

Big 11 out of 10 for Martin's teaching style ... keeping everyone moving around efficiently the way he wanted, and having total clarity with his instruction (Cha-cha-cha workshop, or should that be playshop!!). Also for gorgeous {Scottish} Lisa (or is it Liz) for wonderful demonstrating, and helping Martin out when the girl's footwork got tricky with the hockey stick. You two certianly fooled me into thinking you'd been teaching together for years!

And for showing sense and safety (and equal clarity) in the low-strength aerials. - Both 'play-shops' carried out in the slightly more challenging 'Dancer's Den'.

Great beginner's workshop from Nigel 'Shortman' Fatpants Wales (as I heard someone call him! ... hope I don't offend) for his very affable teaching style for the beginner's Lindy, despite more numbers than I'm sure he was comfortable with! Well done.

Great atmosphere, great weather. Really looking forward to 17 September! :clap:

See you all then!

DangerousCurves
18th-May-2004, 07:20 PM
Just wanted to add my voice to the praises rained down on Southport!

The classes were fabulous - I really loved Marianne's (Our very own DutchGinger) Ladies Styling Class. Instead of trying to make us slavishly follow someone else's style, she really made us all think about understanding how our own particular bodies move, and developing our individual style... And a lot of ladies were heard muttering the mantra "I am BEAUTIFUL, I AM beautiful...." all weekend. Thank you Madam Sin!!!:flower:

The evening dances were beyond all expectations... So many lovely gentlemen to dance with, and beautiful dancing to watch. The way the room had been decorated on Saturday night was really superb - very magical - and really made the evening feel like a ball! I loved the costumes, and the prizes, and was so happy for and proud of Marvellous Mr Mikey - who really WAS nervous beforehand :hug:

Full marks for the cabarets too - superb dancing, and such fun! The Scintillating Sinners were amazing :clap: - and the spotlight routines were great to watch. The main thing was that everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves so much - both performing and watching.... and that was true of the whole weekend really - everyone was on such a high and so happy to be there - a wonderful atmosphere.

I even managed to squeeze in a massage, and an airspray tan ( and hence look somewhat more "vibrant" than my usual ghostly white glow!). That's more pampering than I usually get in a year!

PLUS a BIG, BIG thank you to Wes and John for giving the forumites a chance to meet up. It was great to meet Lovely Lynn, Adorable Sparkly Glamour-puss Bardsey, the Amazing FilthyCute (what a dancer!), and those perfect gentlemen UnderPar (and the beautiful Mrs Par), Stewart38, JiveBrummie, John - and many others ...thanks for the dances, chaps :grin:

Can't wait for September!

Lynn
18th-May-2004, 11:13 PM
Lovely to meet you too DC :flower:

Tiggerbabe
19th-May-2004, 01:03 AM
who was the guy who looked like an older version of theTramp and was also wearing a kilt. I only saw him from a distance and my eyesight isnt great :)

Anyone take pictures ?

Sure did DS!

Is this the older version of Trampy you were talking about - :wink:

Tiggerbabe
19th-May-2004, 01:04 AM
Or The Tramp himself - with a lady?

Tiggerbabe
19th-May-2004, 01:05 AM
Great Outfit!

Tiggerbabe
19th-May-2004, 01:06 AM
Doubles all round :wink: DD and Chickie DD

Tiggerbabe
19th-May-2004, 01:08 AM
A few of the Scots.

Tiggerbabe
19th-May-2004, 01:09 AM
David holding his own style class!!!!!

Tiggerbabe
19th-May-2004, 01:10 AM
A pre-cha cha group!

Tiggerbabe
19th-May-2004, 01:13 AM
And an advanced champion :D

Minnie M
19th-May-2004, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the photos Sheena - I think I made the wrong choice of weekender :tears:

Tiggerbabe
19th-May-2004, 08:10 AM
Just make sure you get along to the BFG Minnie - you'll have a great time (and lots of guys in kilts, just for you :wink: )

Minnie M
19th-May-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Just make sure you get along to the BFG Minnie - you'll have a great time (and lots of guys in kilts, just for you :wink: )

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Magic Hans
19th-May-2004, 09:35 AM
... Oh, and thanks to Sally (of the Scintalating Scinners(!) ... and Andy's partner, as I remember(?) ) for a lovely dance in the blues room.

... whilst dancing, I happened to mention that I was really a more natural follow than a lead! This seemed to be a cue for "how well can you follow" test. I forgot to mention that I'm not a wonderfully practiced follow!!

[perhaps I can get some practice in before a rematch in September!!! ]

Lynn
19th-May-2004, 11:24 AM
Wish I'd met more of the Scottish crowd - met a few (thanks for the dances JB and Bill) I think a lot of you guys know our English import to Belfast - Jonathan. He kept saying - 'come and meet the Scottish folk' but everyone was up dancing! Hopefully see you in September!

Thought the Scintillating Sinners were great!

Lynn

sillyjilly
19th-May-2004, 02:16 PM
Just a pic!

Dreadful Scathe
19th-May-2004, 02:20 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
i take it you dont want anyone with a modem to ever see that picture :D

Bill
19th-May-2004, 03:50 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
i take it you dont want anyone with a modem to ever see that picture :D

what's a modem :confused: :D

no pics of little Smurfs then ???? or even big ones :)

Yogi_Bear
19th-May-2004, 04:21 PM
My thoughts on Southport:
It seemed to be a thoroughly well organised weekend – the advance material, help at the desk, pro-active approach to customer feedback, and so on.

Despite some niggles about the accommodation, in general it compared well with Camber and the site layout was more convenient.

Excellent workshops – I enjoyed them all. Thanks to Trampy for taking time at the end of his class to explain the first move he taught to those of us who had missed the start. Another fun performance routine from Nigel and Nina (thanks to Tricia from Nantwich for partnering me on that one).

The swing/blues room was a great success, I thought, especially on Sunday night - which was one of the highlights. Sunday evening was probably more enjoyable for dancing than Saturday, which I don’t usually find holds true at weekenders. Great music from all the DJs and some fine dancers.

We have rebooked for September on the strength of the weekend……..

Lounge Lizard
19th-May-2004, 04:28 PM
Awesome Foursome in practice

Lounge Lizard
19th-May-2004, 04:36 PM
Two DJ's hard at work

TheTramp
19th-May-2004, 04:51 PM
Two DJ's hard at work Well.... I was working. You're just drinking Bud in your pajama bottoms :wink:

Trampy

Martin
19th-May-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by ianhadling

Big 11 out of 10 for Martin's teaching style ... keeping everyone moving around efficiently the way he wanted, and having total clarity with his instruction (Cha-cha-cha workshop, or should that be playshop!!). Also for gorgeous {Scottish} Lisa (or is it Liz) for wonderful demonstrating, and helping Martin out when the girl's footwork got tricky with the hockey stick. You two certianly fooled me into thinking you'd been teaching together for years!

And for showing sense and safety (and equal clarity) in the low-strength aerials. - Both 'play-shops' carried out in the slightly more challenging 'Dancer's Den'.

Thanks, it is always good to get encoraging feedback, even for an "old hand" like myself.
I have never taught cha cha before but frequently intergrate it into my freestyle, so when Wes asked if I could do a cha cha lesson I was pleased to do so.:nice:
My gorgeous co-teacher was the lovely Lisa from the forum (as the Scots will know a fantastic teacher), who I was fortunate to meet up with on my trip to Scotland to visit Linda (such great people in Scotland). We went through the routine a couple of hours before. She certainly made a huge difference to the "playshop".:flower:

The Ariels class was great fun for me, as everyone was so keen to learn. Yes I did make it challenging, the more you do the easier it gets.
To all of you who attended, practice-practice-practice and don't forget safety and those spotters. :cheers:
I know some of you missed it, as it was the last class on Sunday, so we had the real "die-hards" attending.
I did get some comments from those having to travel back for work monday and would have liked to have been there.
Also had some feedback from some who would have liked to do it Saturday and have a chance to practice and get back to me and ask questions, a thought for next time. :D

Big big thank you to Anne who demoed the ariels for me, not an experienced ariels person but picked it up on the Friday and delivered on the Sunday - total respect :worthy: She comes from Exeter way and made the trip up especially with her friend Lara (they also did the double trouble demos with Ren).

All in all I had so much fun, saw the dawn break every day. A great week-end. Don't miss fellow Aussies Mark and Simone coming over for September, they are great teachers and fab dancers.:kiss:

under par
20th-May-2004, 10:26 AM
John Wes and the team
thankyou ever so much for a fantastic weekend. John and Wes deserve the utmost credit for providing a weekend to remember.

The customer service was second to none. you were always approachable smiling and willing to spend time with the "punters".
Do not ever lose that it will serve you well.

The venue was just so so good, the amount of seating for us (punters) was great, much much better than at some other venues where there is virtually no seating capacity and the dancers are crammed on the floor is like sardines.

Don't try to overfill the hall in the future as the space made the weekend for us all.

The blues room was a real fun place to be and I saw the dawn in all 3 nights

The weekend has made me a better dancer I have never danced and been so relaxed on the dance floor. I had several lovely dances with Marianne and Chris. Please thank them for me.

All the lessons I attended were excellent.

teachers and djs second to none.

Your efforts at this inaugural event ( and all helpers) need to be broadcast far and wide.

Never ever lose your appoachabilty or excellent customer service and I garantee everyone will look forward to enjoying EXTRAVADANCA 2010, 2011 and 2012 and beyond

Good luck for the future. See you in September.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Bardsey
20th-May-2004, 11:02 AM
I am so so so so sorry !!! Bardsey baby.. it was the nerves , honest... I don't think i could cope with Milkey and any woman saying she has been full of Milkey goodness one day !!!:tears:

Pals again:flower:

:rofl: :rofl: Milkey goodness.............good one! :rofl: Thanks for the lovely pic, of course we're pals, always :flower:

johnah
20th-May-2004, 04:05 PM
:flower:

Hi everyone,

Wes & I are slowly recovering from the weekend that was, and are truly touched by the many kind comments that have come our way. Thank you, it means a lot to us.

Overall it was a great weekend, despite a few niggles about accommodation. I suppose that was to be expected, but we'll do all we can to put that right come September. However, the classes, the teachers, the music and all the dancers were simply brilliant. The atmosphere and friendliness surpassed anything Wes & I have experienced before at similar events. Quite scary really, cos how do we top it?

We have a lot of people to thank for helping us to make the first Southport Extravadanca a success. To everyone we say a BIG BIG THANK YOU! To our wives, Mariane and Chris, we say thanks for putting up with us for the past 4/5 months cos it can't have been easy! And, to that "rogue" who had the 'bloody' cheek to nick my shampoo etc what can I say!

Mikey, you went above and beyond our expectations to help us make Southport a hit. Your performance on Saturday night was something special and highly memorable.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

But you know payback is coming!:wink:

Hope to see you all again at Jiving You Wild! in September.

DavidB
22nd-May-2004, 02:47 AM
Almost forgot about these. Will 'volunteering' to get his eyebrows plucked by Janine whilst being held down by Kate & Daisy.

DavidB
22nd-May-2004, 02:48 AM
and another

under par
22nd-May-2004, 02:53 AM
Almost forgot about these. Will 'volunteering' to get his eyebrows plucked by Janine whilst being held down by Kate & Daisy.

Will does appear to be enjoying the experience.:blush:

Can't say I blame him, actually my eyebrows need doing!!!:drool:

Zebra Woman
22nd-May-2004, 05:41 PM
Well that was the best dance weekend I've ever had!! Totally brilliant. Congratulations to Wes and John. :cheers:

The Forum meeting was a great start to the weekend, I was really impressed with how friendly everyone was, and of course the sublime dancing. Thanks Bardsley and Trampy for starting the introductions, and great follow up from the Dreadful Scathe.

The Scottish/Northern element of the weekend was a huge plus for me, everyone was so friendly and such great dancers. I have never had so many wonderful dances with strangers (who didn't feel as strange as I'd thought as I'd already read their postings). The Forumites definitely made my weekend, thank you all. :worthy: :worthy:

The only problem is, I dream of kilts...the way they swish against my thighs...:drool:

Alison

Ps. See you all in September:hug: :hug: :flower:

Janet
23rd-May-2004, 12:36 AM
Just wanted to quickly add my thanks to all involved for a fantastic weekend. :clap: Totally agree with all the positive comments above.

Sunday night/Monday morning - Wow! :D Thanks to Marc, Steve, Ash & Mikey for making it unforgettable!!! :wink: And a special thanks to Rachel for letting me have so many dances with Marc. Had to make up for not being with you all this weekend. Gutted that I couldn't make it to Aberdeen but Colorado has its compensations. Have Fun!

Janet

nessie2611
24th-May-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by under par
John Wes and the team
thankyou ever so much for a fantastic weekend. John and Wes deserve the utmost credit for providing a weekend to remember.

The customer service was second to none. you were always approachable smiling and willing to spend time with the "punters".
Do not ever lose that it will serve you well.

Never ever lose your appoachabilty or excellent customer service and I garantee everyone will look forward to enjoying EXTRAVADANCA 2010, 2011 and 2012 and beyond

Good luck for the future. See you in September.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm a bit late posting but I would like to add that we had an absolutely fab weekend and are already looking forward to September. We are convinced that Wes had cloned himself, because everytime we turned around he was there smiling :D

We think there should be a "How many times can you spot Wes in an hour" quiz :na:

It was great to see everyone looking so relaxed and friendly, unlike some events where they look stressed and harassed. Even if Wes and the team were stressed it didn't show and this encouraged everyone else to relax.

I did manage to catch up with some of the Scots, thanks Chickie for the lovely chat will see you all in September.

:clap: :clap: :clap: