PDA

View Full Version : Deodorants or natural ?

Franck
17th-August-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Use of aerosol smelly stuff in the toilets
originally posted by DavidB
It's better than smelly bodies on the dance floor.
originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Gotta agree with David................poll?I am with you as well, smelly body yeuch :sick:
Anyway, here is a poll where you can (anonymously) tell us what you think...

I have a vague idea this thread might back-fire, but hey, I do not mind living dangerously... :devil: :nice:

Franck.

Amanda
17th-August-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Franck
but hey, I do not mind living dangerously... :devil: :nice:

Franck. ....me neither...

There are one or two blokes in Aberdeen who are so rank that no-one wants to dance with them... Doesn't this just propel you back to the years of teenage angst...?! :what:

Amanda

Sandy
18th-August-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Amanda
....me neither...

There are one or two blokes in Aberdeen who are so rank that no-one wants to dance with them... Doesn't this just propel you back to the years of teenage angst...?! :what:

Amanda Oh oh, I know who you mean! Yep it can turn straight hair curly with one dance move! There's clean sweat and then there's very old caked on sweat. Not many culprits but there are a couple.

As I'm a lady and don't sweat, I'm not one of them:wink:

Cheers:cheers:
Sandy

Tiggerbabe
18th-August-2002, 07:02 PM
I'm all for people using deodorant to avoid being smelly, I like the occassional whiff of after shave too - not the "so strong it stings the back of your throat stuff" but more subtle aromas are very pleasing.

It's hard to find a partner who is freshly laundered and stays dry, even after they've just changed their entire outfit - so to restrict yourself to dancing only with them would surely be ceroc suicide.

FC and I were talking about the advantages or otherwise of having our sweat glands surgically removed:eek: :eek:
It was very, very hot in Aberdeen last night and that was BEFORE we made it to the salsa club.:wink:

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
18th-August-2002, 07:20 PM
Odour is bad enough, but when accompanied by excessive body juices (:what: I refer to sweat), it becomes unpleasant. That's what a lady told me once... My bushy body helps, but only a little.

Sandy
18th-August-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
I'm all for people using deodorant to avoid being smelly, I like the occassional whiff of after shave too - not the "so strong it stings the back of your throat stuff" but more subtle aromas are very pleasing.

It's hard to find a partner who is freshly laundered and stays dry, even after they've just changed their entire outfit - so to restrict yourself to dancing only with them would surely be ceroc suicide.

FC and I were talking about the advantages or otherwise of having our sweat glands surgically removed:eek: :eek:
It was very, very hot in Aberdeen last night and that was BEFORE we made it to the salsa club.:wink: trying out this quote thing so not sure what result will be!
I agree about can't avoid being smelly to some degree and I don't mind clean sweat at all it's just ripened verson I'm not keen on!
yep sure was hot - the temperature was really high too!

Think I may have made a pig's ear of this but got to try:sorry

Cheers

Sandy

John S
18th-August-2002, 10:30 PM
Can't get out of my head the image of Amanda, Sandy et al sniffing the Aberdeen guys' oxters as they come in, and marking them on a pong scale of 1 to 10. :sad: :sad: Sleeveless vests no doubt get bonus points, eh, Amanda?

And as for Sheena's idea of getting the sweat glands surgically removed .......... well at the Oscar ceremony a lot of the stars have botox injections in their armpits beforehand, to stop them visibly sweating as they make their acceptance speech or whatever. :what: :what: Presumably, though, the sweat gets out somewhere else - doesn't bear thinking about!

So I hope a shower beforehand and an application of deodorant, along with a suitcase full of dry shirts, will see me through the night without offending anyone too much - but of course the offender is always the last to know!!!:sick: :sick:

Amanda
19th-August-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by John S
Can't get out of my head the image of Amanda, Sandy et al sniffing the Aberdeen guys' oxters as they come in, and marking them on a pong scale of 1 to 10. :sad: :sad: Sleeveless vests no doubt get bonus points, eh, Amanda?Well John - that's our cover well and truly blown now....

Perhaps other ceroc clubs are in need of our 5 * service. The Pong Squad - coming to a ceroc venue near you.

Any offers? Our rates are highly competitive.

Amanda

ps Don't get me started on vests....

Sandy
19th-August-2002, 10:24 PM
Can't get out of my head the image of Amanda, Sandy et al sniffing the Aberdeen guys' oxters as they come in, and marking them on a pong scale of 1 to 10. :sad: :sad: Sleeveless vests no doubt get bonus points, eh, Amanda?Hey John

No need for you to worry, I got close enough to know no smelly sweat there!:devil:

As for the others... instead of buying pints the pong squad will be discretely dropping a can of deodorant on the table beside offenders! Right Amanda.

Cheers:cheers:
Sandy

John S
20th-August-2002, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Sandy
Hey John

No need for you to worry, I got close enough to know no smelly sweat there!:devil: Thanks, Sandy - can I use this quote in my CV?

Oh, and please, please, before my reputation goes totally down the tubes - for any new readers out there who are in any doubt because of the name - SANDY IS A WOMAN (and I got close enough to know that!!!):devil: :wink:

Sandy
21st-August-2002, 08:14 AM
Thanks, Sandy - can I use this quote in my CV?

Oh, and please, please, before my reputation goes totally down the tubes - for any new readers out there who are in any doubt because of the name - SANDY IS A WOMAN (and I got close enough to know that!!!):devil: :wink: Yep that party really was something:devil: Hope you are reading in John McAuley:tears:

Cheers

Sandy (most definitely a woman:wink: )

Graham
21st-August-2002, 01:01 PM
I think I may have done this on the other thread already, but I just want to clarify that I am completely in favour of deodorant, aftershave etc, and use both myself. It was the act of spraying aerosols in the confined space of the toilets which was my pet hate.

This being the case, it's all very well for the ladies to be in favour of the men spraying on 20 gallons of smelly stuff of an evening, but they don't have to suffer the after-effects! :sick:

John McAulay
21st-August-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
Yep that party really was something:devil: Hope you are reading in John McAuley:tears:

Cheers

Sandy (most definitely a woman:wink: ) S$*t! your a woman! I thought there was something funny going on
well I apologise, you lead very well for a woman!!!

And yes Im always watching what you say!

Regards:waycool:

Bill
27th-August-2002, 12:47 PM
so what's wrong with 'fresh' sweat ????:confused:

Yep...I agree, that stale odours and excessive sweat is a problem but I'd rather have a damp and 'natural' dance partner than one covered in newly applied perfume/deoderant.

But it's about balance surely :D a little deoderant or aftershave/perfume can be quite nice but as others have said .....a bottles worth can make you gag or choke :sick:

It's often not the dancing that makes dancers so hot but the lack of ventilation in the room. I find that I don't sweat too much if the room is well ventilated but so many of the dance venues are small and very hot - even before the dancing starts ! More air conditioning and more fans will lead to fewer very sweaty bodies

:grin:

Sandy
5th-September-2002, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by bill foreman
so what's wrong with 'fresh' sweat ????:confused:

More air conditioning and more fans will lead to fewer very sweaty bodies

:grin:

Well said Bill. On a Tuesday it gets sooooooo warm so early on in the evening that it's a wonder we are not all slipping about in puddles of sweat!:what: It's maybe a ploy to get us to wear as little as possible :really:

Yep I know, we exhausted that theme already!

Maybe you will have to wear "that" vest again Bill?? (Sorry Amanda)

Cheers

Sandy

Dreadful Scathe
13th-May-2004, 02:45 PM
Right..whos searching for old polls and then voting to bring them to the top but not saying anything ? Its not big or clever :)

Too much perfume is as bad as too little deoderant if you ask me !

John McAulay
13th-May-2004, 02:53 PM
Okay so who is trying to waken the dead?
I have not posted on this site in 2 years
have not danced in 1 year
then this old post gets me a reply
let me go back to sleep
please

Boomer
13th-May-2004, 02:55 PM
The Fiend!
The culprit! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/postings.php?s=&action=getip&postid=62640)

TheTramp
13th-May-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by John McAulay
Okay so who is trying to waken the dead?
I have not posted on this site in 2 years
have not danced in 1 year
then this old post gets me a reply
let me go back to sleep
please Maybe it's time to start coming again then :D

Trampy

DavidY
13th-May-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Boomer
The Fiend!
The culprit! (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/postings.php?s=&action=getip&postid=62640) If the above link doesn't work for you (it didn't for me), try this one (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=62640#post62640)

White Knuckle Ride
19th-May-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
I'm all for people using deodorant to avoid being smelly,

No need! As a bit of a health guru, I can say that the pong comes from two sources. First up is dead skin that even regular showering won't move. It needs a long soak in a bath, industrial strength exfolient and a large loofah! Saunas can help too. The next is body toxins being secreted through the pores. (As anyone who has done a ten day detox will tell you, these can be awesome!) This is a sign of the body running on empty. The answer? Just add water! For those who worry about being a bit "wiffy" take on water like a camel.
On a similar theme, flatulance can be a problem for some as the core temperature rises. Again, take on water. However, if you're suffering repeated bouts of this then look to the long term. Avoid "white foods" (Pasta, dairy products, bread) and eat more wholegrains (Brown rice, oats, muesli with soya milk) Also use probiotic drinks (Actimel, Yakkult etc) These really sort it but take 2-3 weeks to kick in. However, if all else fails, flee the scene of the crime with a Columbian walk to the other side of the floor!

Dreadful Scathe
19th-May-2004, 09:30 AM
Speaking of Bathing, in a recent interview Kate Beckinsale suggested that it was bizarre that Americans made such a big deal about everyone having bleached white teeth but they never took baths, just showers. Smelly people Americans - except Brady of course :D.

Nick M
19th-May-2004, 10:06 AM
I used to spend a fortune on deodorant, until I realised that people just didn't like me anyway

(that was a joke by the way)

((or at least, I hope it was a joke))

stewart38
19th-May-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Graham
I think I may have done this on the other thread already, but I just want to clarify that I am completely in favour of deodorant, aftershave etc, and use both myself. It was the act of spraying aerosols in the confined space of the toilets which was my pet hate.

This being the case, it's all very well for the ladies to be in favour of the men spraying on 20 gallons of smelly stuff of an evening, but they don't have to suffer the after-effects! :sick:

Agree, Hammersmith toilets are full of people spraying their sweat with tons of deodorant makes them smell worse I think

I think a good hand dryer is ok

under par
20th-May-2004, 01:38 AM
[
So I hope a shower beforehand and an application of deodorant, along with a suitcase full of dry shirts, will see me through the night without offending anyone too much - [/B]

Having returned from a weekend at Southport having used 35 shirts and 8 pairs of trousers. I hope I changed enough to maintain friendships with the many lady dancers.

Lory
20th-May-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by White Knuckle Ride
However, if all else fails, flee the scene of the crime with a Columbian walk to the other side of the floor!
Thats ruined the Columbian walk for me forever now! :sick: :rofl:

Bill
20th-May-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by under par
Having returned from a weekend at Southport having used 35 shirts and 8 pairs of trousers. I hope I changed enough to maintain friendships with the many lady dancers.

On the FRiday night at Southport I amlost started sweating when I walked into the room :sick:

Because I don't move a great deal I sweat less but don't tend to sweat a great deal anyway......... maybe because of all the water ( cheers White knuckle !!!). I did take a spare shirt but never got round to changing. But I do find that an 'airless' room makes me sweat more than dancing.

Also agree with Stewart re cans of deodorant - can literally take your breath away :sick:

stewart38
25th-May-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by under par

8 pairs of trousers, I dont even have that many

I have never changed a shirt over just a weekend event ?

seriously not over one session

philsmove
9th-June-2004, 10:44 AM
I think this guy has found the answer to smelly partners http://www.berek.net/pics/DSCN0507.JPG

:rofl:

under par
9th-June-2004, 10:51 AM
I think this guy has found the answer to smelly partners http://www.berek.net/pics/DSCN0507.JPG

:rofl:

I hope they do different colours because that shade of red would clash with my shirt :whistle: :rofl:

Andy McGregor
27th-July-2004, 10:23 PM
Agree, Hammersmith toilets are full of people spraying their sweat with tons of deodorant makes them smell worse I think

I think a good hand dryer is ok

I think Mr 38 is right about the hand dryer. I don't use a hand drier to dry off, I usually choose the start of a fast R&R track as a signal to go outside and cool down. I find that a 5 minute spell (2 R&R tracks) of wandering around outside allows my body to cool off and my persiration to evaporate: the moisture does the job nature put it there to do, lower the body temperature. Also, I find that washing my hands in cold water really cools me off too :waycool:

On the subject of shirts, I usually take two spare shirts with me but often find I don't need them. My evaporation strategy seems to make one shirt last all night - but I do still find I need to occasionally towel the hair at the back of my neck :sick:

Last Friday at Ashtons I tried a new shirt. I'd noticed Adam Nathanson wearing a surfing 'rash vest' and thought I'd give one a go. I tried one on in the surf shop, the fabric is stretchy and very thin, it's fantastically comfy and actually felt cold on my skin. I wore the shirt all night, went outside to cool off 3 times and it worked really well - although people did comment that I looked like I was wearing a wetsuit, but it seemed to be an observation rather than a criticism. I thought it made me look like a superhero :whistle:

..but then I am self-delusional :really:

Tiggerbabe
27th-July-2004, 10:35 PM
I thought it made me look like a superhero :whistle:

:hug:

Pammy
28th-July-2004, 01:24 PM
I thought it made me look like a superhero :whistle:

More of a surfer :drool: :flower:

under par
3rd-August-2004, 01:12 AM
8 pairs of trousers, I dont even have that many

I have never changed a shirt over just a weekend event ?

seriously not over one session

Some of us are unfortunate enough to have a very high perspiration rate, being aware of it is very important if you wish to dance regularly and maintain friendships.

I sweat a lot, I think the descriptive is "profusely" when dancing. :whistle:

I swap shirts 4 to 6 times every evening I go dancing.

At a weekend event when you can be dancing from 2000 to 0500 for 3 nights.(You do IF you married to Mrs Par believe me!)

The need to swap trousers also becomes a necessity at some time through the night. :eek:

I would much rather I didn't have to change so much :yeah: .......... then my ironing bill with Mrs Par's mum would be a darn sight cheaper than it is. :angry:

But knowing I do sweat so much I feel it is the least I can do for the benefit of the lady dancers is to be drip free!! :whistle: :whistle: :wink:

drathzel
12th-May-2005, 04:34 PM

:yeah: when you do just get a little whiff of something nice it can do oh so :drool: :D

under par
24th-January-2006, 05:24 PM
Some of us are unfortunate enough to have a very high perspiration rate, being aware of it is very important if you wish to dance regularly and maintain friendships.

I sweat a lot, I think the descriptive is "profusely" when dancing. :whistle:

I swap shirts 4 to 6 times every evening I go dancing.

At a weekend event when you can be dancing from 2000 to 0500 for 3 nights.(You do IF you married to Mrs Par believe me!)

The need to swap trousers also becomes a necessity at some time through the night. :eek:

I would much rather I didn't have to change so much :yeah: .......... then my ironing bill with Mrs Par's mum would be a darn sight cheaper than it is. :angry:

But knowing I do sweat so much I feel it is the least I can do for the benefit of the lady dancers is to be drip free!! :whistle: :whistle: :wink:

Sorry for quoting myself but it was someone else who resurrected this thread!:clap:

I have noticed that more recently I haven't been using quite as many shirts maybe I am moving less, the BARKER effect!:whistle:

Maybe I've lost weight!

Still dancing as much though. God Bless my mother in law she's still ironing for us :worthy: :yeah: :yeah:

Donna
24th-January-2006, 07:36 PM
I find that a 5 minute spell (2 R&R tracks) of wandering around outside allows my body to cool off and my persiration to evaporate:

Why don't you just use

'SURE...it won't let you down' :D