PDA

View Full Version : Snow leopard and iLife 11

Lory
2nd-November-2010, 12:40 PM
I got them yesterday. And this is my initial thoughs...

I needed to have Snow leopard to be able to run iLife 11 but I'm not entirely sure what I've got for my money with Snow Leopard :confused:

I can't say i've noticed any difference, apart from the fact it ended my trial period of CS5 10days early and wouldn't let me use my old version of itunes :doh:

As for iLife, I mainly got it for the upgrade of iMovie, which having played with it, I can see a lot of user friendly improvements to how one operates it, namely a better timeline and the ease of adjusting sound tracks but I'm a bit disappointed that they 'still' haven't integrated the FX from the 2006 HD version :banghead:

Meaning, one still has to have both versions, if you want the full iMovie range of capabilities!
Why an earth haven't they included these :confused: Many enthusiasts have been begging for this since they didn't include it in the 08 upgrade version. In fact, when I first brought my Mac, the sales staff even said the upgrade was inferior to the iMovie HD 06

I haven't looked at iPhoto yet, as its 'still' upgrading the database :sleep: although, I admit, I do have rather a lot of photo's

straycat
3rd-November-2010, 04:08 PM
I do like Snow Leopard. I upgraded pretty much as soon as it became available, and while it isn't a huge feature-laden upgrade, it does run significantly faster for me than its predecessor, and there are some nice interface enhancements. I have now got iLife 11, but haven't used it enough yet to really comment on the differences.

iMove... it took me a while to convert from iMovie HD to iMovie 08, I confess. Like you, I wish they'd included everything from HD - but once I really took the plunge, I realised that I vastly prefer the new interface. Now, I think I'd be lost using HD.

iPhoto, on the other hand, I don't use anymore - I wanted something a little more powerful, and the choices boiled down to Lightroom or Aperture - and my machine at the time was too low-spec for Aperture. Started using Lightroom, and haven't looked back since.