PDA

View Full Version : Which venues are HOT in London during the week?

Wouter
19th-July-2010, 09:02 PM
Off to London for work next week - looking for a good place to boogie during my working week.
Any suggestions?

Prian
20th-July-2010, 02:48 AM
Fulham Town Hall, opp. Fulham Broadway tube. Thursday night. Very high standard Used to be on Tuesdays too, but may have stopped that one

Also the Jive Bar, Tavistock Place, nr. Russell Square. Used to be my favourite. Again used to be open Mon - Thurs, but not sure now.

Then there is Mike Ellard's own class the Casbah, Friday night till midnight. Baden Powell House, South Kensington, next to the Natural History Museum

Prian

Minnie M
20th-July-2010, 07:06 AM
Fulham Town Hall, opp. Fulham Broadway tube. Thursday night. Very high standard Used to be on Tuesdays too, but may have stopped that one

Also the Jive Bar, Tavistock Place, nr. Russell Square. Used to be my favourite. Again used to be open Mon - Thurs, but not sure now.

Then there is Mike Ellard's own class the Casbah, Friday night till midnight. Baden Powell House, South Kensington, next to the Natural History Museum

Prian

I thought you were in Sri Lanka Prian ??

My fave in the 'old days' was the Casbah - not sure if Mike still teaches there now, haven't been for at least 5 years

Maxine
20th-July-2010, 08:04 AM

Prian

Fulham is on a Thursday now and is still supposed to be really good, I have not been for ages but will going on 5th August,for Erick's celebrations, a week to late I guess.

The Jive bar used to be a great night out but It has gone now (I think).

Try ISH on a Tuesday (Great Portland Street). That was always a good night.

Where about in London will you be Wouter? and will you have a car, if so there are some excellent nights just outside of London may be worth a visit.

Enjoy your week here:grin:

Prian
20th-July-2010, 03:25 PM
I thought you were in Sri Lanka Prian ??

My fave in the 'old days' was the Casbah - not sure if Mike still teaches there now, haven't been for at least 5 years

I am in Sri Lanka but do try to keep up with events. Doesn't always work.

Actually my absolute fave was the SW1 Club in Victoria but that finished up in 1995/96.

There used to be a private venue in South Kensington run by James and Janie. It was quite fun to finish there and run up the road for the last hour of the Casbah.

Prian
20th-July-2010, 03:27 PM
The Jive bar used to be a great night out but It has gone now (I think).

I heard it reopened last year.