PDA

View Full Version : Control your PC from anywhere..

Lory
16th-June-2010, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IjIAHrSZHk&feature=player_embedded

Neat!

Dreadful Scathe
16th-June-2010, 12:56 PM
that'll be like the free vnc then ? :)

geoff332
16th-June-2010, 07:03 PM
I run my music off a PC (with a kickass soundcard). I don't have a monitor on that PC, I just remote into it from a bunch of oter machines and my Andriod phone.

Dreadful Scathe
16th-June-2010, 10:24 PM
interestingly, you can buy android tablets for far less than £100 - search ebay for "eken m001"

compare that to an ipad, cheap as chips at more than £400 for a basic unit. :what:
there is a big spec difference of course, but if you look at what you would be using it for - do you NEED to spend £400 extra for the few extra features? hmm

Dreadful Scathe
17th-June-2010, 02:40 PM
of course, this caused me to look out my old tablet that i haven't used for years - i've had it for about 6 years but its spec is actually better than the new eken m001 :) this is it (http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/Linux-For-Devices-Articles/Device-profile-SONICblue-ProGear-wireless-webpad/) - better battery life (still), touchscreen, rotation (though not automatic, though i personally find automatic rotation annoying - if you have taken a photo sideways to get height you cant look at it properly due to rotation), better resolution...how technology progreses...not...

Lory
17th-June-2010, 02:46 PM
of course, this caused me to look out my old tablet that i haven't used for years

What were the drawbacks that stopped you from using it?

Dreadful Scathe
17th-June-2010, 03:58 PM
What were the drawbacks that stopped you from using it?
it was a linux machine so after playing with that and i tried to install windows on it to see if it would, which didnt quite work (ultimately bios issues) - i then gave it up as i was working abroad and needed something more powerful so bought a "ferrari" laptop (no really!) - otherwise as a machine it was fine for notes/browsing etc...