PDA

View Full Version : Hammersmith Xmas bash

stewart38
15th-December-2003, 10:55 AM
Whats happen to hammersmith xmas bash ??

Just an opinion but :

We had a quiz as a warm up session with a hundreds of people walking from one corner of the floor to the other (what was the point of that ?)

A guest routine which looked like a poor panto performance

A band which was totally inappropriate (less then 50% could or would dance to it). I thought there was going be a riot

The usual queues at the bar no pumps working etc

A DJ that faded song by just switching the song off

About as christmasy as July first christmas song was played at 1.15am

Lack of sweets !(10% of last yr !)

Bring back the green elf thats what I say !!

Had a few good dances and Louise your tops !

:sick:

Lory
15th-December-2003, 11:26 AM
I have to agree, the band were awful!

Who ever organised it should have noted the reaction (floor clearing) the first time they played, cut their losses and sent them home!

The atmosphere was just about recovering when they struck up for a second time and that was it! Atmosphere dead!

I know several people who got so fed up, they went home early!

On the up side, I did have some wonderful dances (Victor, Mick, Will and Mikey

:drool: to name but a few)

Jon L
15th-December-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Lory
I have to agree, the band were awful!

Who ever organised it should have noted the reaction (floor clearing) the first time they played, cut their losses and sent them home!

The atmosphere was just about recovering when they struck up for a second time and that was it! Atmosphere dead!

I know several people who got so fed up, they went home early!

On the up side, I did have some wonderful dances (Victor, Mick, Will and Mikey

:drool: to name but a few)

I was not at the Ceroc Christmas bash this year (works do on) so I cannot comment on what happened specifically. I would say though that those of you who were , should inform Ceroc London and offer constructive criticism as mentioned above (how they should do it better next time) . As you are their paying customers they should listen to you.

stewart38
15th-December-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Jon L
I was not at the Ceroc Christmas bash this year (works do on) so I cannot comment on what happened specifically. I would say though that those of you who were , should inform Ceroc London and offer constructive criticism as mentioned above (how they should do it better next time) . As you are their paying customers they should listen to you.

Not sure they would listen and how you would contact ceroc london ?

To be fair to the band there were not bad players but just the music and tempo etc

Jon L
15th-December-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by stewart38
Not sure they would listen and how you would contact ceroc london ?

To be fair to the band there were not bad players but just the music and tempo etc

The details of ceroc london's office can be found on their website

horsey_dude
16th-December-2003, 09:47 AM
Whats happen to hammersmith xmas bash ??

Just an opinion but :

We had a quiz as a warm up session with a hundreds of people walking from one corner of the floor to the other (what was the point of that ?)

A guest routine which looked like a poor panto performance

A band which was totally inappropriate (less then 50% could or would dance to it). I thought there was going be a riot

The usual queues at the bar no pumps working etc

A DJ that faded song by just switching the song off

About as christmasy as July first christmas song was played at 1.15am

Lack of sweets !(10% of last yr !)

Bring back the green elf thats what I say !!

Had a few good dances and Louise your tops !

I agree with everything you say except the guest routine which I saw twice (one practise before the event started) and then the actual diplay. I am really surprised you didn't like it, I really enjoyed it.

Lory
16th-December-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by horsey_dude
I agree with everything you say except the guest routine which I saw twice (one practise before the event started) and then the actual diplay. I am really surprised you didn't like it, I really enjoyed it.
Yes, Will and kate were great! This was the second time I've seen it too, the time before at Camber and it was still good!
:cheers:

Mikey
16th-December-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Lory
Yes, Will and kate were great! This was the second time I've seen it too, the time before at Camber and it was still good!
:cheers:

I must agree here, i thought they were great too:cheers:

However, Hammersmith Xmas bash had to be one of my worst nights dancing in along long time.. I found the band to quiet for the size of the hall and when you could hear them it was difficult to dance to their tempo's and rhythms as I note someone else said earlier.

Sadly having stopped for the first 30 minutes when the band were on I was cold and felt as if i had just arrived, hence getting the whole body up and running again to enjoy the dancing. … and then to my dismay, the band came back for a second time, after another 30 minutes standing about and trying to get back into my dancing I gave up, along with 4 others who were with me, we all felt the same and left!!! It's the first time i have ever left a venue like that

On the plus side... The sound system they used this time for the DJ was a better set up and quality sound too.. The new huge fans were excellent (if your hair was short) and really helped keep you cool...

One thing I think should come back is some tables though.. No tables at the back of the hall, resulted in drinks been left under chairs etc and of course getting spilt on the floor, bags , clothes .. the increase in dancefloor space was not a big enough gain to compensate for the mess made by drinks all over the place...

Lets hope they get it right next time..... a lesson learnt we hope...:waycool:

stewart38
16th-December-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Mikey
I must agree here, i thought they were great too:cheers:

I gave up, along with 4 others who were with me, we all felt the same and left !!! It's the first time i have ever left a venue like that:tears:

Lets hope they get it right next time..... a lesson learnt we hope...:waycool:

Ok I'll get shot but 'great' in what context ??. They were performing in front of a 1000 people anyway I'll leave that one.
Maybe start another thread ie do people want see show cases/ performers outside of the champs ?

One good thing as people left early there was more space to dance :nice:

Mikey
16th-December-2003, 11:27 AM
Ok I'll get shot but 'great' in what context ??. They were performing in front of a 1000 people anyway I'll leave that one.
Maybe start another thread ie do people want see show cases/ performers outside of the champs ?

One good thing as people left early there was more space to dance :nice:

Who me.. shoot you ? nah.. waste of ammo..:wink:

I actually thought they were great because it was different and it had an element of Panto, yes I agree, but it had some nice moves in it and it was performed very well.. Rather that than some troupe of dancers all out of sync !!!

And Stewart, a question for you.. "have you ever done a cabaret"? It's not easy , believe me...

Lory
16th-December-2003, 11:36 AM
About as christmasy as July

What are u talking about, as far as your concerned you had a Panto!:devil: :rofl:

stewart38
16th-December-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Mikey
Who me.. shoot you ? nah.. waste of ammo..:wink:

I actually thought they were great because it was different and it had an element of Panto, yes I agree, but it had some nice moves in it and it was performed very well..

And Stewart, a question for you.. "have you ever done a cabaret"? It's not easy , believe me...

Well as Simon Cowell would say more pizza hut then cruise ship standard maybe i have seen too many good pantos,we saw I guess/ expect different things:what:

And yes I have performed in cabaret for 20yrs as they say 'life is a cabaret' ?

Mikey
16th-December-2003, 11:52 AM
And yes I have performed in cabaret for 20yrs as they say 'life is a cabaret' ? Then I think we all be waiting to see you perform as will and Kate did very soon.. keep us informed eh..:cheers:

Graham W
16th-December-2003, 06:35 PM
I arrived early & met a key member of band coming sheepisly out of ladies toilets ( the Gents were too far,apparently) & then irected him to stage as he was heading of to a remote corner of the building. eergh - forgive me!!We could have had more of the chick djing,instead of oompah,oompah. maybe it was the boots..
G

Mikey
16th-December-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Graham W
I arrived early & met a key member of band coming sheepisly out of ladies toilets ( the Gents were too far,apparently) & then irected him to stage as he was heading of to a remote corner of the building. eergh - forgive me!!We could have had more of the chick djing,instead of oompah,oompah. maybe it was the boots..
G

So let me get this straight.... He was heading for a remote corner of the building where he patentially could have got lost:nice: ... and you guided him in the right direction:devil: so that the band played !!!:tears:

Well, it's obvious to everyone now Graham, you alone are responsible for the bad evening at Hammersmith:sick: I don't know how you will live with yourself beyond this day.. :( But good luck anyway.. nice knowing you an all that.... "bar steward":rofl:

Debster
17th-December-2003, 04:50 PM
I can assure you Ceroc London noted the crowd reaction to the band.
They took a risk to try and make it a different but great night, unfortunately the band wasn't ideal for Ceroc (I went home when the second set started).
Good on them for trying anyway.

I love to see the occasional cabaret (guess I'm biased tho). At least Kate and Will are high quality, and it's not long, so people shouldn't grumble at all.

A shame it didn't live up to last years brilliant Xmas party - I bet next years will be on form again.

Graham W
20th-December-2003, 03:53 PM
...okay Mikey, but at least it put Hipsters in a good lite...

watch it - my competition partner lives near Brighton.. ;-)

It is tricky getting a jiveable band but sorry, what were they on?

G