PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a dance partner

Wonder woman
11th-May-2010, 10:16 PM
Hello Are there any guys out there who are interested in competing in the Blackpool and or Ceroc Scottish champs in september. I am hoping to dance in the advanced category. I normally dance in Edinburgh but I am prepared to travel in order to practice. I am going to southport on 21st of May if this is helpful to anyone further south of the border that wishes to compete. Thank you for taking the time to read this.:nice:

P.S I hope I post this correctly as I don't post very often. ( actually It's been years):rofl:

Lory
11th-May-2010, 10:44 PM
Hi WonderWoman

I think it would help the guys, if you told them a little more about yourself, as I know they might appear a little rude, if they asked, so I'll ask on their behalf :nice:

things which might be deciding factors..

Age? Approx will do (it shouldn't matter but for instance, if your 60, a 20 year old might not suit)

Height?

Have you had any experience of competitions before?
If so, what?

Do you lean towards any particular style?

Have you experience in other dance styles?

Are you willing to wear a short, revealing, little sequinned number (and have you got the legs for it ...B1tch? :wink: )

How far are you willing to travel and how many times a week/month will you be able to commit to?

Do you have a place to practice in?

What did you have for breakfast? :D

robd
11th-May-2010, 11:18 PM
things which might be deciding factors..

Looks?

Wonder woman
11th-May-2010, 11:23 PM
Hi Lory
I take your point about hieght and age although some of the info shouldn't matter, after all it is about the dance but here goes. I am 5ft 2in tall with long blonde hair,and any one under 3ft or above 7ft need not apply. I am 43 but not sure on a bad day how old I look but on a good day maybe a year younger.
Dance experience- danced nearly all my life, Highland, country, ballet, modern and danced MJ for about 8 years or so. I have competed and got to finals twice over the years and currently learning ballroom and WCS. Yes I do wear sparkly and daring costumes sometimes but not all the time. And as regards to how my legs look well I have to let others be the judge of that.
I do have a venue where I can practice locally but I have various contacts through the dance world that can help me get venues further a field if necessary. I hope this is helpful to all you potential dance partners out there.

deerhunter
12th-May-2010, 02:23 AM
Hi Lory
I take your point about hieght and age although some of the info shouldn't matter, after all it is about the dance but here goes. I am 5ft 2in tall with long blonde hair,and any one under 3ft or above 7ft need not apply. I am 43 but not sure on a bad day how old I look but on a good day maybe a year younger.
Dance experience- danced nearly all my life, Highland, country, ballet, modern and danced MJ for about 8 years or so. I have competed and got to finals twice over the years and currently learning ballroom and WCS. Yes I do wear sparkly and daring costumes sometimes but not all the time. And as regards to how my legs look well I have to let others be the judge of that.
I do have a venue where I can practice locally but I have various contacts through the dance world that can help me get venues further a field if necessary. I hope this is helpful to all you potential dance partners out there.
you forgot to add .............and a brilliant dancer

Wonder woman
12th-May-2010, 08:35 AM
thank you for that Deerhunter

Lory
12th-May-2010, 10:00 AM
you forgot to add .............and a brilliant dancer

And what she had for breakfast :wink:

WW, you sound great :flower:and although you probably think I was being 'funny' :cool: I think you'll probably stand a much better chance of getting a partner now the potential people know a little bit more about you ;)

And it'll save you time having to reject all the 3 and 7 footers! :wink:

Wonder woman
13th-May-2010, 12:33 AM
:flower:No I didn't think you were being funny. Really appreciated the advice. I hope that I find someone soon.:cheers:

Wonder woman
26th-May-2010, 03:04 PM
I think finding dance partner is way too difficult. despite having great dances at southport with ;loads of complements about my dancing still no dance partner for the champs. Peter suggested I should just say thatt I am curvey. This might help but I doubt it. Does any one else have any more suggestions. I have only two more days befroe I can enter.

Maybe I shall try Face book

Andy McGregor
26th-May-2010, 03:37 PM
Does any one else have any more suggestions. I have only two more days befroe I can enter.Enter DWAS and keep looking for a partner. Most competitions will take late entries if there is space.

You sound perfect as a partner for me. If only I was 10 years younger :tears:

Double Trouble
26th-May-2010, 03:38 PM
Have you tried here (http://www.dancers4dancers.com/dance_partner.asp)

Tiger Pants
26th-May-2010, 03:42 PM
What about trying to talk someone at your local venue into competing. That way you'll have more time to practice and sometimes men are just waiting to be asked:grin:

Sometimes, a few dances together in enough to persuade someone that you can develop together a bit more. Failing that just try for the fun element, though I don't think Blackpool is really the place for that, but at the Scottish Champs its always fun.

Andy McGregor
26th-May-2010, 04:48 PM
though I don't think Blackpool is really the place for that,Nobody knows what the Blackpool competition is for. It's a brand new competition.

Tiger Pants
26th-May-2010, 04:51 PM
Nobody knows what the Blackpool competition is for. It's a brand new competition.

Yes well that's true. In the past its been a more serious competition arena, but as you say its different this year.

Still think Scotland's the place for a fun attempt with little or no pressure.

rtwwpad
26th-May-2010, 05:45 PM
And the welsh champs to quickly follow up with the same or different partner :)

Yliander
26th-May-2010, 08:07 PM
I think finding dance partner is way too difficult. despite having great dances at southport with ;loads of complements about my dancing still no dance partner for the champs. Peter suggested I should just say thatt I am curvey. This might help but I doubt it. Does any one else have any more suggestions. I have only two more days befroe I can enter.

Maybe I shall try Face book

Don't give up hope Wonder Woman - it took me a year to find my first dance partner.

and the key factor for that one happening was being like minded - we enjoyed dancing together but when we got to talking about dancing and what we would like to do, it clicked!!!! the things we wanted to develop, the things that inspired us to push our dancing further were the same

it would be worth putting a note on facebook that you are looking and making sure that word is out in your local areas as the more people who know the more chances the right person will hear...

good luck

Wonder woman
27th-May-2010, 03:07 PM
What about trying to talk someone at your local venue into competing. That way you'll have more time to practice and sometimes men are just waiting to be asked:grin:

Sometimes, a few dances together in enough to persuade someone that you can develop together a bit more. Failing that just try for the fun element, though I don't think Blackpool is really the place for that, but at the Scottish Champs its always fun.

I have tried this many times. The men in Edinburgh just don't want to compete.

Andy Razzle
27th-May-2010, 11:02 PM
I belive there is something like this on facebook!?

Wonder woman
28th-May-2010, 03:34 PM
I belive there is something like this on facebook!?

Hi Andy ,
I have only just put my profile on Face Book but unsure of how to send a message to the dancers. :doh: Do I put a notice on my wall or send personal messages. Any ideas on how to do this as I am new :flower:

daveb9000
28th-May-2010, 04:32 PM
You could join one/all of the Ceroc Scotland group page/s and post a message on the wall there.

Wonder woman
28th-May-2010, 10:38 PM
You could join one/all of the Ceroc Scotland group page/s and post a message on the wall there.

thanks dave I shall try that:cheers:

Wonder woman
31st-May-2010, 07:07 PM
I have finally managed to post a message on ceroc's wall on Face book. It's only taken me three days to work it out.:doh:

Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Andy Razzle
7th-June-2010, 09:02 PM
put in search box at top of facebook - I need a Modern Jive dance partner - noticed page by accident once, dont know if it will help but guess its worth a try. You could also put in your profile on facebook that you are looking for an advanced jive dance partner also, and as you expand you facebook friends, this may help!?

daveb9000
7th-June-2010, 09:31 PM
There are also other scottish Ceroc groups, not just the forumites one