PDA

View Full Version : Swingland christmas party

Tazmanian Devil
14th-December-2003, 06:50 PM
Hi all was just wondering if anyones going to the swingland christmas party tonight?
www.swingland.com/swinginsundays

ChrisA
14th-December-2003, 07:16 PM
Do you know anything about it?

From the name, and from the pics of the last one on the web site, it looks like quite a Lindy-oriented thing.

Chris

Jon
15th-December-2003, 11:55 AM
It is lindy but the DJ did play some jiveable tunes since there were 8 jivers there.

But the venue is lovely and quite intimate, small dance floor with lots of tables with candles on, bar sells good food in huge portions.

It was a chill out night not really like a jive night but a really nice way to admire another form of dance and relax with friends.

Although my highlight was watching Rena (as in Andy and Rena) dancing with Dan the man. My hat goes off to him for that one. :cheers:

Emma
16th-December-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah, it was a really great night - thanks again smartie! :cheers:

Dan Hudson
17th-December-2003, 10:20 AM
I am still shaking with terror after that dance...but wow, what a dance it was....:drool:

Fab night... thanks Smartie..

Dan

Jon
17th-December-2003, 06:22 PM
Gota ask and probably me being dense but who's Smartie and why?

smartie
17th-December-2003, 06:48 PM
Oh well, s'pose it might as well come from the horse's mouth, so to speak...

I'm Smartie and here's why...

When I first started teaching lindy hop back in '98 the guy running the club I was helping at used to take the p a bit by calling me "Smarty Marty".

In the best traditions of "if you can't beat 'em...", when I wanted a DJ handle I thought Smartie was as good as anything, but seeing as a "y" shouldn't be seen anywhere in the vacinity of "Martin", I changed it to "Smartie".

...so there you go.

Why am I on this board, well the lovely Emma suggested I check it out as we are both DJ's - I love a good online gossip and here I found a lively and interesting board, with some very valid and intelligent topics, so here I am...

BTW I run Swingland and I am *HUGELY* grateful for the nice comments posted here - thanks all!! :kiss: - and many thanks to those Cerocers who came down on Sunday!

Tazmanian Devil
17th-December-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by smartie
Oh well, s'pose it might as well come from the horse's mouth, so to speak...

I'm Smartie and here's why...

When I first started teaching lindy hop back in '98 the guy running the club I was helping at used to take the p a bit by calling me "Smarty Marty".

In the best traditions of "if you can't beat 'em...", when I wanted a DJ handle I thought Smartie was as good as anything, but seeing as a "y" shouldn't be seen anywhere in the vacinity of "Martin", I changed it to "Smartie".

...so there you go.

Why am I on this board, well the lovely Emma suggested I check it out as we are both DJ's - I love a good online gossip and here I found a lively and interesting board, with some very valid and intelligent topics, so here I am...

BTW I run Swingland and I am *HUGELY* grateful for the nice comments posted here - thanks all!! :kiss: - and many thanks to those Cerocers who came down on Sunday!

Well Johnny boy you now have your awnser!! And to think you know him also!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Smartie please give my love to Ruth :kiss: :hug: And thanks for a wonderful evening on sunday :waycool: Carla

Jon
18th-December-2003, 11:30 AM
All this talk about Smarties in this thread has me craving a Mc Flurry :D :rofl: