PDA

View Full Version : Defining Ceroc

bigdjiver
13th-December-2003, 02:28 AM
from usenet

> Q: what is "Cerocing" and how is it pronounced?
>

Coercive Karaoke. From WWII prison camps on the Pacific battlefront. Just as in the normal population, most soldiers can't sing, so what better form of psychological warfare could there be? If I remember right, there is something about it in that Spielburg movie "Empire of the Sun". Good movie too.

Anybody else have "definitions" of Ceroc / Cerocing?

Minnie M
13th-December-2003, 02:31 AM
C'est Roc

It did originate in France :wink:

Will
13th-December-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by bigdjiver
Anybody else have "definitions" of Ceroc / Cerocing?
From memory, Ceroc is short for "C'est le roc" which is French for "This is (the) Rock".

Gadget
13th-December-2003, 03:12 AM
Ceroc: an addictive activity that, like all addictions, eats fiscal and chronological resources while alienating you from your 'normal' circle of friends, relatives and work collegues.
In return, you gain an additional circle of friends who share the same addiction and go through similar experiences.
Literature, media resources, travel to activity 'hotspots' and forums dedicated to your new activity further drain your resources even further untill you stay up untill 2:15am {OMG! :what:} posting nonsensical definitions on what the addiction is and how happy you are to be addicted to it.
The Ceroc activity is generally done to the accompanyment{sp?} of music of various generations to a standard 4/4 beat in varying tempos.
It is an activity between two (rarely more) concenting partners to interprate the music being played.
CerocTM is a specific brand of this form of activity in the same context that CokeTM is a form of cola.

Cerocing: Partaking in the Ceroc activity, especially at a gathering of other Cerocers (*see below)

Cerocer: One who partakes of the CerocTM brand of addiction and does not cut it with other (equally addictive) forms of similar activity.

Daphne
13th-December-2003, 02:00 PM
The verb "to ceroc" would exist only if it were a true dance style, has it been recognised as one yet? If not, isn't it about time?

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Daphne
The verb "to ceroc" would exist only if it were a true dance style, has it been recognised as one yet? If not, isn't it about time? NO!!!

Please don't start that one again!!! :tears:

(Can't find the original thread though :( )

Steve

Graham
13th-December-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Please don't start that one again!!! :tears:
(Can't find the original thread though :( ) There have been two discussions on it I think: the original (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=560) and a more recent one (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1007).

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Graham
There have been two discussions on it I think: the original (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=560) and a more recent one (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1007). There you go see. Everythings been said on the subject. And we don't need to bring it all up again. Do we. :what:

Steve

Neil
13th-December-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Will
From memory, Ceroc is short for "C'est le roc" which is French for "This is (the) Rock". Obviously, our glorious leader Franck knows more about this than me, but in French "le roc" does mean "rock", but only in the sense of stone, boulder etc., whereas rock in the sense of jive is "le rock".

I remember as a callow youth being asked by a particularly fetching French girl at a nightclub: "Danses-tu le rock?" I had no idea what she meant, so I replied "Oui" and then proceeded to demonstrate very publicly that I didn't.

So Ceroc should really be Cerock ("this jive")! :)

:cheers:

Neil

Tazmanian Devil
13th-December-2003, 11:17 PM
To define ceroc I would say Pure Dance Addiction Ceroc is where it all starts you go just the once, just to see what it is like. Then all of a sudden thats it you've been dancing 2 years, entered in the champs, been on jive holidays, seeked out lots of other venues, your dancing 5-6 nights a week and your totally ADDICTED to MJ :grin: Well thats my experience anyhow!!! :wink: :kiss: :hug:

Daphne
14th-December-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
There you go see. Everythings been said on the subject. And we don't need to bring it all up again. Do we. :what:

Steve

Sorry!! :blush: :confused: :kiss: :wink: :tears:

TheTramp
14th-December-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Daphne
Sorry!! :blush: :confused: :kiss: :wink: :tears: That's okie. Have fun reading up on all those posts!! :rolleyes:

Steve