PDA

View Full Version : Dancer, Taxi, Teacher, Franchisee?

Gadget
13th-December-2003, 01:23 AM
Prompted by the outside thread that's got people all worked up; I was wondering, what do people consider themselves as, first and foremost?

Adam (or was it Scott?) was very elequent in defending teachers and franchisees, but Carla {?} put forward the opinion that the majority of people on the forum were teachers, or had some vested interest in Ceroc (Other than the same one that everyone has; to get as many people dancing as possible!:waycool: )

I think that people only teach because they are asked, they like to pass somthing back to the MJ community, and they love to see others arround them get the same pleasure they do from it. I think that the majority are dancers before they are teachers... let the poll decide. :wink:

Martin
13th-December-2003, 01:37 AM
I had to think about this one,

At first I was tempted to dancer, however every time I go dancing I am always asked by someone to help them with a move, observe thier dancing and comment or help them corrie a routine.

I am at the moment learning a new routine (as a "dancer") although I find myself constantly "teaching" my partner and others around me as they ask for input.

Teaching is something I enjoy and I do leave myself open to requests.

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 01:41 AM
WHERE'S THE DJ OPTION???

Or an option for the people who are more than one.

I'm a DJ, have been a teacher, am still an occasional teacher, but first and foremost, I'm still a dancer.

Steve

Gadget
13th-December-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
WHERE'S THE DJ OPTION???
OK, I missed DJ, but you say first and foremost, I'm still a dancer., and that's what I was looking for - everyone listed above dances, but is that what they think of themselves as before {or above} the other caps they wear?

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 02:16 AM
Won't everyone consider themselves first and foremost a dancer though??

Except for those who vote on the poll before they read the rest of the thread. And just tick the 'Teacher' box, because they are a teacher, or the 'Franchisee' box.

I'm sure that all teachers/franchisees etc. would consider themselves to be dancers first and foremost.....

Steve

Gadget
13th-December-2003, 02:43 AM
Not necissaraly; people like CJ who {I would assume} were first and foremost a DJ and artiste. I would think that Adam, Scott, Gus, Franck (and all who live off of MJ) would have to think hard before saying that they are first and foremost a dancer.

You dance, but just happen to DJ and Teach occasionally; if a choice was to be made between teaching and dancing.
If Lisa asked you either choose between
- DJing (in a box, no dancing),
- Teaching (with someone else demoing and no chance to dance afterwords),
- or having a couple of dances with her (your choice of track)...
then what would you pick?

Jon L
13th-December-2003, 02:47 AM

Except for those who vote on the poll before they read the rest of the thread. And just tick the 'Teacher' box, because they are a teacher, or the 'Franchisee' box.

I'm sure that all teachers/franchisees etc. would consider themselves to be dancers first and foremost.....

Steve

I agree with Herr Tramp all DJ's should really be dancers primarily.Otherwise they have no knowledge of dancing moves, tempos and how they fit in with certain types of music.

Jon L
13th-December-2003, 02:48 AM
This is post number 200, I am really fully established now the 'senior member' flag is up!:grin:

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 02:48 AM
Gadget posted:
If Lisa asked you either choose between....
Ummm. You already know what I'd pick. Who'd want to dance with Lisa anyhow. (Well, ok. Me) :na:

Steve

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Jon L
This is post number 200, I am really fully established now I think Nope. That only comes at Post 500. Or was it Post 3000?? :na:

The changing of your title to 'Senior Member' is just there to give you some hope.

Steve

ChrisA
13th-December-2003, 02:52 AM
This is post number 200, I am really fully established now the 'senior member' flag is up!:grin:
And what a post ...:cheers:

bigdjiver
13th-December-2003, 02:57 AM
Great dancers dance less than 20 moves.

Astaire, Kelly ... Naaaah

But, definitely, it is not how many, but how.

-------

The brain develops to tackle the tasks in hand. Even if you are not born with it, or some part of it, you can develop somewhat with lots of practise.

Youth, of course, helps a lot.

cerocmetro
13th-December-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Gadget
Not necissaraly; people like CJ who {I would assume} were first and foremost a DJ and artiste. I would think that Adam, Scott, Gus, Franck (and all who live off of MJ) would have to think hard before saying that they are first and foremost a dancer.

You dance, but just happen to DJ and Teach occasionally; if a choice was to be made between teaching and dancing.
then what would you pick?

Objection objection, this is a rediculous question. There can only be one answer, who would not dance with Lisa given the chance:wink: even if I could not dance i would take it.

Adam

Gadget
13th-December-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by cerocmetro
Objection objection, this is a rediculous question. There can only be one answer, who would not dance with Lisa given the chance:wink: even if I could not dance i would take it.
I just knew you would change your priorities if I gave that option :devil::waycool:

Gadget
13th-December-2003, 03:26 AM
I agree with Herr Tramp all DJ's should really be dancers primarily.Otherwise they have no knowledge of dancing moves, tempos and how they fit in with certain types of music.
Not necissaraly; one of the best DJ's I have danced to is Curtain - and he is renowned for his reluctance to cross the threshold of the dance floor.
I don't think that Adrian dances much either. And I'm sure that the budding DJ's Gus has trained are/were DJ's before dancers.

Tazmanian Devil
13th-December-2003, 11:05 AM

Steve

I totally agree with you, Most not all but most the teachers I know will spend the rest of the evening (after intermediates class) seeking out a dance. Also visit other venues so they can enjoy a night of dancing without teaching. :grin:

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Tazmanian Devil
I totally agree with you, Shhh.....

You don't want to be saying things like that. Or everyone will start to think that you're mad too!! :what:

Steve

Graham
13th-December-2003, 01:11 PM
then what would you pick? I agree with Steve and Adam - what a stupid question!!!!

Gadget, would you prefer:
A night out dancing
Having all your fingernails and teeth removed without the benefit of anaesthetic
A course of 10 sessions of electro-convulsive therapy.

Come to think of it, maybe I should start a poll for everyone else to vote on which you should get! :wink:

Emma
13th-December-2003, 01:32 PM
The changing of your title to 'Senior Member' is just there to give you some hope. Noooh, it's there to indicate that he might like to consider *abandoning* hope, as he is clearly on the way to pure forum addiction :what: :grin:

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 02:14 PM
Nah. He's only posting at about 1.5 posts per day.

The real addicts are up around 8 posts per day average.

:what: :sorry

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
13th-December-2003, 02:16 PM

Indeed - and if you consider the first time you ever saw MJ - you could say that we are first and foremost spectators before we ever became dancers :)

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Indeed - and if you consider the first time you ever saw MJ - you could say that we are first and foremost spectators before we ever became dancers :) Pedant!

Steve

Graham
13th-December-2003, 02:49 PM
Indeed - and if you consider the first time you ever saw MJ - you could say that we are first and foremost spectators before we ever became dancers :) No, you could say that we were first spectators, but we would only be foremost spectators if this continued to be the most important aspect of our enjoyment of MJ.

Graham
13th-December-2003, 02:50 PM
Pedant! Ha! The boy's an amateur! :wink:

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Ha! The boy's an amateur! :wink: Obviously. He should really leave it to the pro's, eh!

Steve

ChrisA
13th-December-2003, 03:19 PM
Obviously. He should really leave it to the pro's, eh!

Steve
Indeed.

... should leave it to the pro's what?

And which pro?

Chris

michael
13th-December-2003, 05:27 PM
Indeed - and if you consider the first time you ever saw MJ - you could say that we are first and foremost spectators before we ever became dancers :)

I had never seen MJ before i went to a class. Even then because it was the start of the class, i still never seen any. So perhaps as i went through the moves or more accurately a kind Taxi Dancer "Pulled me through the moves" i became someone hoping to be a MJ dancer first (still hoping):D

I really should have started to become spectater, i will eventually stop dancing to become a spectater soon.....and then maybe progress to being a dancer.:cheers:

Tazmanian Devil
13th-December-2003, 06:55 PM
Shhh.....

You don't want to be saying things like that. Or everyone will start to think that you're mad too!! :what:

Steve

Hee hee I am and i'm the first to admit it too :wink:

Tazmanian Devil
13th-December-2003, 06:59 PM
Nah. He's only posting at about 1.5 posts per day.

The real addicts are up around 8 posts per day average.

:what: :sorry

Steve

OI I class myself as being addicted to this forum as I am on it every time I get a chance!! My posts are on average 2.66 per day!! Although some days I post more than others isn't it worked out on how many posts you have in compareson to when you joined :confused:

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Tazmanian Devil
OI I class myself as being addicted to this forum as I am on it every time I get a chance!! My posts are on average 2.66 per day!! Although some days I post more than others isn't it worked out on how many posts you have in compareson to when you joined :confused: Yes. It's the total number of posts you've made divided by the number of days that have passed since you've joined the forum.

Steve

xSalsa_Angelx
13th-December-2003, 11:35 PM
I agree with Steve and Adam - what a stupid question!!!!

A night out dancing
Having all your fingernails and teeth removed without the benefit of anaesthetic

Come to think of it, maybe I should start a poll for everyone else to vote on which you should get! :wink: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gadget
15th-December-2003, 12:22 PM
A night out dancing
Come to think of it, maybe I should start a poll for everyone else to vote on which you should get! :wink:
:tears:eouch!
...come on, my post's aren't that bad, are they?? {OK, with the exception of my spelling :innocent:...}
Actually I think I could be safe, except from the few weirdo's:sick:
Which gives you more pleasure?;
* dancing
* inflicting pain

{Yes, before the pedant's join in, these two can be exclusive :devil:}

Graham
15th-December-2003, 12:55 PM
...come on, my post's aren't that bad, are they?? MMMPPPPHHH MMPPPPHHH MMMPPPPPHHHHHH *sounds of struggle* MMMPPPHHH

Okay, okay, you can let me go now, I promise not to say it :innocent:

psyc0diver
15th-December-2003, 11:17 PM

A course of 10 sessions of electro-convulsive therapy.[/list]
t! :wink:
I dont know, - the zap zap's sound kinda fun

Mikey
16th-December-2003, 11:05 AM
WHERE'S THE DJ OPTION???

Or an option for the people who are more than one.

I'm a DJ, have been a teacher, am still an occasional teacher, but first and foremost, I'm still a dancer.

Steve

Never mind the DJ option Steve.. there is no "Tart" box for you either.. aaawwwww:wink: :rofl:

TheTramp
16th-December-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Mikey
Never mind the DJ option Steve.. there is no "Tart" box for you either.. aaawwwww:wink: :rofl: Nononono Mikey. That's you.

I'm very sweet and innocent. :innocent:

Steve

Mikey
16th-December-2003, 11:08 AM
Nononono Mikey. That's you.

I'm very sweet and innocent. :innocent:

Steve
What utter rubbish.. excuse me but I happen to know "dangerous Curves" very well and she has more than once covered this ground with you in another thread.. "Sweet and Innocent" my ass:rofl:

TheTramp
16th-December-2003, 11:15 AM
What utter rubbish.. excuse me but I happen to know "dangerous Curves" very well and she has more than once covered this ground with you in another thread.. "Sweet and Innocent" my ass:rofl: You have a donkey called 'Sweet and Innocent'??? :na:

Steve

Mikey
16th-December-2003, 11:54 AM
You have a donkey called 'Sweet and Innocent'??? :na:

Steve

Sadly no:sad: But i do have a friend who is a Tramp:hug:

Martin
16th-December-2003, 01:09 PM
Sadly no:sad: But i do have a friend who is a Tramp:hug:

Funny I happen to have a friend who is a tramp too, well he did sleep on the floor (sorry Tramp, have moved to a larger house now so do come over again and you can have the luxury of a bed!)

Mikey
16th-December-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Martin
Funny I happen to have a friend who is a tramp too, well he did sleep on the floor (sorry Tramp, have moved to a larger house now so do come over again and you can have the luxury of a bed!)

Listen "Martina" I'm sorry but you and the tramp are not going to fit in one bed:what: No matter how close you get:rofl:

Martin
16th-December-2003, 01:33 PM
Listen "Martina" I'm sorry but you and the tramp are not going to fit in one bed:what: No matter how close you get:rofl:

No problem with 2 knig sized beds - don't need to, after all me and the tramp are both built like kings - Henry VIII, I think, hey that's not so bad, he did have many wives...:cheers:

Mikey
16th-December-2003, 01:40 PM
No problem with 2 knig sized beds - don't need to, after all me and the tramp are both built like kings - Henry VIII, I think, hey that's not so bad, he did have many wives...:cheers: Considering how Henry VIII ended up looking I would drop the beers for mineral water and hit the diet regime rapidly if I were you:what: As for the wives.. :tears: just how much heartache do you want...

By the way, did i mention I am engaged to be married:nice: :rofl:

Martin
16th-December-2003, 01:53 PM
Considering how Henry VIII ended up looking I would drop the beers for mineral water and hit the diet regime rapidly if I were you:what: As for the wives.. :tears: just how much heartache do you want...

By the way, did i mention I am engaged to be married:nice: :rofl:

It's the journey not the end result, we all know the end result is death. Let's concertrate on the journey and keep those beers flowing:cheers:

Not so hung up as you on looks :waycool: :sorry :kiss: That should go to the "Are Cerocers shallow" thread :D

Congrats on the engagement, what's his name?:confused:

Mikey
16th-December-2003, 02:01 PM

Congrats on the engagement, what's his name?:confused:
Bloody good job we have known each other for 10 years or so:wink:

Martin
16th-December-2003, 02:16 PM
Bloody good job we have known each other for 10 years or so:wink:

Nice to know your "buttons" still work :D

Seriously though congrats, how about a honeymoon in Aussie?:cheers:

When's the wedding and do I get an invite (if you make it close to a Camber week-end that's a bonus):waycool: Always good to match a trip up to a fun weekend of teaching and of course:cheers:

I have heard that a wedding in Aussie is :waycool:
Also saves me some airfare:D

Bill
18th-December-2003, 01:38 PM
Just like to say that yes, I agree :D :na: :confused:

Curtain
21st-April-2007, 04:06 PM

Just saw this thread and felt compelled to answer even though I have gone over this ground before. I love music, I don't need to dance in order to know beats/songs that work. I have over ten years deejaying experience and you are trying to tell me that in order to do my job properly I should be able to dance? It sounds like a form of snobbery personally!

It's just like the saying you need to know how to read music in order to play an instrument. RUBBISH!! I don't need inspiration to do my job, I just get on the decks and do my own thing. I've made the choice to concentrate on what I do best and I don't think anyone has ever pulled me up for a lack of ability.

Granted I have made a few bad music choices in my time, but give me a ceroc deejay who claims he/she hasn't and I'll call them a liar. I'd go as far as to say that I'm better than quite a few so called deejay/dancers, but then according to your commonly held misconception how can I be, I don't dance?

Curtain
21st-April-2007, 04:08 PM
Not necissaraly; one of the best DJ's I have danced to is Curtain - and he is renowned for his reluctance to cross the threshold of the dance floor.
I don't think that Adrian dances much either. And I'm sure that the budding DJ's Gus has trained are/were DJ's before dancers.

Cheers man, I must be owing you mega bucks by now. :nice:

Adrian (DJ)
22nd-April-2007, 01:41 PM
Dancing's over-rated anyway - oops, wrong forum.

Curtain
23rd-April-2007, 01:21 PM
Dancing's over-rated anyway - oops, wrong forum.

Ssssshhhhhhh! lol