PDA

View Full Version : Wythall on the 23rd

Lorna
10th-December-2003, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone,

first of all I've just consumed a bottle of wine, so I apologise in advance for any spelling mistakes.

Tim and I will be in Birmingham over the festive period and are planning to go to the Wythall Xmas party on the 23rd.

Is anyone else planning to be there?

Lotsa love lorna x-x

Rachel
11th-December-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Lorna
Hi everyone,

first of all I've just consumed a bottle of wine, so I apologise in advance for any spelling mistakes.

Tim and I will be in Birmingham over the festive period and are planning to go to the Wythall Xmas party on the 23rd.

Is anyone else planning to be there?

Lotsa love lorna x-x Quite possibly, actually. I'm not organised enough to have made plans for next week or the week after - but Wythall is quite close to us and we've always had a really good time there. I know Marc would be delighted to get an opportunity to dance with you!

(It's just a shame they don't accept admit ones at Wythall, otherwise we'd go there much more often.)
Rachel

Neil
11th-December-2003, 04:21 PM
Is anyone else planning to be there? Lorna AND Rachel... That's gotta be worth an hour's drive :D. Can't promise anything, though, as I have a horrible feeling I might be doing some late-night shopping on the 23rd :tears:

:cheers:

Neil

TheTramp
11th-December-2003, 05:54 PM
Don't be silly Neil.

You have until 3pm on the 24th. That's when guys are usually out shopping.

How could you possibly miss out on the chance of dances with Rachel and Lorna??? :confused:

Steve

Neil
11th-December-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
How could you possibly miss out on the chance of dances with Rachel and Lorna??? You're absolutely right, Steve. What could I have been thinking? :confused:

(Well, actually, I was thinking that for once in my life it would be rather nice if Xmas Eve was a relaxing, stress-free, shop-free day with nothing to do except wander down to the pub and then stagger to Midnight Mass. I suppose that, technically, it's not impossible to do one's Christmas shopping on the 22nd?)

:cheers:

Neil

Lorna
11th-December-2003, 08:54 PM
Wow,

cheers for replying guys. Rachel and Marc - you've got to go. Would be great to dance with Marc again and to see you again Rachel.

Neil, would be great to see you there too. Do your shopping another time or just come along later.

Hope to see you all soon,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Rachel
12th-December-2003, 12:24 PM
Don't be silly Neil.

You have until 3pm on the 24th. That's when guys are usually out shopping.

How could you possibly miss out on the chance of dances with Rachel and Lorna??? :confused:

Steve You always make me smile, Steve!!

Well, I'd still better not make any promises, but it would be silly to miss out on seeing Lorna & Tim and, hopefully, Neil as well.
We usually also see Della whenever we're at Wythall and she's one of my favourite people in the dance world.

Re. Xmas shopping - I've always been one of the panic buyers on Christmas Eve, still wrapping presents at 3am Christmas morning.

But this year is going to be different!!! I've got the afternoon off work, and I'm going to see if I can get everything done in one go.

Quick, anyone got any really good (probably) dance-related present ideas?? I loved Chris's list posted earlier, but I've already previously bought Marc the sports towel, dance bag, shoes, drink bottle, videos, etc etc. Is there anything left? Any particularly fantastic swing CD's? Books on Teaching tips?

Rachel

Starlight Dancer
14th-December-2003, 02:17 AM
I will try and be there Lorna!

I don't believe I've met you Lorna, would you like to dance with me by way of introduction?

But now I think I know who you are Rachel, it's THE Rachel from Glee? Actually, I always pictured you when reading the messages from Rachel as you were the only Rachel I had danced with! :nice:

TheTramp
14th-December-2003, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
You always make me smile, Steve!!It's my goal in life. I don't live for anything else :hug:

Steve

Lorna
14th-December-2003, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by starlightdancer
[B]I will try and be there Lorna!

I don't believe I've met you Lorna, would you like to dance with me by way of introduction?

Yes, that would be lovely. So how will I know who you are?

My picture is in the thread about the Las Palmas holiday pictures.

See you there,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Starlight Dancer
14th-December-2003, 11:42 PM

Yes, that would be lovely. So how will I know who you are?

My picture is in the thread about the Las Palmas holiday pictures.

See you there,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

I will surprise you!

Looking forward to meeting you - my name is Leigh by the way, but don't tell Rachel or it will spoil her surprise too! :wink:

Rachel
15th-December-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by starlightdancer
I will try and be there Lorna!

But now I think I know who you are Rachel, it's THE Rachel from Glee? Actually, I always pictured you when reading the messages from Rachel as you were the only Rachel I had danced with! :nice: Oooh, now I'm curious - do you really know me? ... What are you picturing? A tall, glamerous blond with legs up to her armpits and a cleavage to get lost in? If so, then I would keep that image in mind.

Unfortunately, it's nothing like me cos I'm short and dark, and I've never been to the Glee, so I guess I'm not THAT Rachel. Much as I'd like to be!

Do you tend to go to Wythall much? Maybe we have seen each other there. We must try and introduce ourselves on 23rd, if you're there. I'd love to have a dance!
R.

TheTramp
15th-December-2003, 11:35 AM
Oooh, now I'm curious - do you really know me? ... What are you picturing? A tall, glamerous blond with legs up to her armpits and a cleavage to get lost in? If so, then I would keep that image in mind.

Unfortunately, it's nothing like me cos I'm short and dark, It should be pointed out here, that Rachel isn't that short, has fantastic legs (and the rest of her isn't that bad either :rolleyes: ). And she's also very attractive. And lovely. Marc is a lucky man :D

Not everyone has to be a 'tall, glamerous blond with legs up to her armpits and a cleavage to get lost in'. We'd get bored :devil:

Steve

Rachel
15th-December-2003, 11:55 AM
Steve, :D :D :D. My bestest friend!

...isn't that short
Well, 5'2". Or 5'4" with my dance shoes on.

has fantastic legs
Hmm, shall we just say - muscular!

Marc is a lucky man :D
Well yes, that is true actually - I drive him around, cook fantastic breakfasts, organise him, tidy up the house after him, ....
R. xx

TheTramp
15th-December-2003, 12:05 PM
Steve, :D :D :D. My bestest friend!Good. Does that mean I actually get some dances at Bognor then??? :D

Well, 5'2". Or 5'4" with my dance shoes on.That's not particularly short for a lady.

Hmm, shall we just say - muscular!No. Lets stick with fantastic :D

Well yes, that is true actually - I drive him around, cook fantastic breakfasts, organise him, tidy up the house after him, ....
R. xx Have you ever considered moving up to Scotland. Without Marc :devil: :drool:

:D

Steve

Starlight Dancer
15th-December-2003, 02:31 PM
Oooh, now I'm curious - do you really know me? ... What are you picturing? A tall, glamerous blond with legs up to her armpits and a cleavage to get lost in? If so, then I would keep that image in mind.

Unfortunately, it's nothing like me cos I'm short and dark, and I've never been to the Glee, so I guess I'm not THAT Rachel. Much as I'd like to be!

Do you tend to go to Wythall much? Maybe we have seen each other there. We must try and introduce ourselves on 23rd, if you're there. I'd love to have a dance!
R.
Rachel, now I'm curious because I was already picturing you as short and dark!!! Not been to the Glee Club? Hmmm if you are not THAT Rachel, you are obviously THIS Rachel, and that will be an equally pleasant surprise too.

I don't go to Wythall much, so we might not have met there... yet. If we really haven't met then I'd love to dance with you there so that we can finally put this matter to rest and agree that we have met each other! :nice:

Starlight Dancer
15th-December-2003, 02:50 PM

Not everyone has to be a 'tall, glamerous blond with legs up to her armpits and a cleavage to get lost in'. We'd get bored :devil:

Steve

Well said Steve.

I know Rachel will be worth the wait to dance with. Does she not know we have secretly set up her fansite on the web? :wink:

TheTramp
15th-December-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by starlightdancer
I know Rachel will be worth the wait to dance with. Does she not know we have secretly set up her fansite on the web? :wink: Totally. And Shhhh. Don't tell her until it's finished... :D

Steve

ChrisA
15th-December-2003, 03:03 PM
Have you ever considered moving up to Scotland. Without Marc :devil: :drool:

We've already had this argument, Steve. Don't make me come over there. :devil: :devil:

TheTramp
15th-December-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
We've already had this argument, Steve. Don't make me come over there. :devil: :devil: I thought that it was agreed then that she could come. She just hasn't made it yet though!

Steve

ChrisA
15th-December-2003, 03:13 PM
I thought that it was agreed then that she could come. She just hasn't made it yet though!

Obviously a new definition of "agreed" that I hadn't come across... :devil: :devil:

Mary
15th-December-2003, 03:25 PM
I feel it must also be pointed out that our Rachel is the current reigning Beaconsfield DWAS champion.:cheers:

M

ChrisA
15th-December-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Mary
I feel it must also be pointed out that our Rachel is the current reigning Beaconsfield DWAS champion.:cheers:

Despite her useless partner.

No I'm not jealous of him, no, not at all, no.... :innocent: :tears:

Rachel
15th-December-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Mary

M And I'm so honoured! But Greg has really proved himself by winning yet again.

BTW Tramp's official best friend status has now been officially retracted since wanting to catch me on camera in a freezer. So I think I'll be stopping here in England a while longer. Besides, I have learnt that when I'm away, Marc seems to have trouble getting to his classes on time!

Please feel free though, Trampy, to come and visit us here sometime - pretty please???
R.

TheTramp
15th-December-2003, 04:01 PM
BTW Tramp's official best friend status has now been officially retracted since wanting to catch me on camera in a freezer. So I think I'll be stopping here in England a while longer. Besides, I have learnt that when I'm away, Marc seems to have trouble getting to his classes on time!

Please feel free though, Trampy, to come and visit us here sometime - pretty please???
R. :tears: :tears: :tears:

And I was just doing it for you Rachel. So you'd have plenty of opportunity for blackmail...!! Honest :rolleyes:

I'd love to come visit you sometime. Have never danced in MK, Leicester etc....

Are you going to Bognor? Maybe we can work something out then.

Steve

Rachel
15th-December-2003, 04:35 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears:

And I was just doing it for you Rachel. So you'd have plenty of opportunity for blackmail...!! Honest :rolleyes:

I'd love to come visit you sometime. Have never danced in MK, Leicester etc....

Are you going to Bognor? Maybe we can work something out then.

Steve Bognor is seriously tempting! We just have to find some money from somewhere and we'll be there ...

Lorna
23rd-December-2003, 02:03 PM
Hi Guys,

We're terribly sorry but neither of us are in fit shape to come along tonight. Tim has stitches in his hands, (battle with the carving knife) and I have been really sick the last couple of days. Doctor says that I have to rest. I'm really annoyed, got a new outfit and everything.

I hope you guys have a terrific night and will come visit next time we're down, sorry!

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Neil
23rd-December-2003, 04:47 PM
We're terribly sorry but neither of us are in fit shape to come along tonight. Tim has stitches in his hands, (battle with the carving knife) and I have been really sick the last couple of days. Very sorry to hear that, Lorna. Hope you both get well soon. As it happens, I can't go to Wythall tonight either (not shopping, just my non-dancing life getting in the way). :tears:

I look forward to a dance with you some other time :hug:

Neil

Starlight Dancer
23rd-December-2003, 06:04 PM
Hi Guys,

We're terribly sorry but neither of us are in fit shape to come along tonight. Tim has stitches in his hands, (battle with the carving knife) and I have been really sick the last couple of days. Doctor says that I have to rest. I'm really annoyed, got a new outfit and everything.

I hope you guys have a terrific night and will come visit next time we're down, sorry!

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Oh Lorna, that's a shame. I wish you both a speedy recovery.

Let us know when you're next coming to Wythall (or Solihull!)

Merry Xmas!