PDA

View Full Version : Windsor class Dec 10?

Debster
8th-December-2003, 10:27 PM
Grovel grovel...:blush:

I'm not in London this week and am going to go crazy if I don't dance at all... (it's bad enough I'm missing the chance to get a hold of Will while Kate is off! :tears: )

I'm in Sunningdale and was wondering if anyone happens to wander by these parts on their way to Windsor on a Wednesday night? Or a train station I might be able to get to...

I figure it's a slim chance but had to ask.

In fact any transport suggestion welcome (besides the front desk here who said it is a £20 taxi ride one way!). I just don't know this area well and options seem limited.

Billco suggested Reading on Tuesday, but that's even further!

Debster
9th-December-2003, 11:37 PM
OK, obviously I'm starting to twitch and that has worried some people down here. So thankfully one or two people also on this course in Sunningdale are willing to come and try Ceroc as well AND one has a car... perhaps my enthusiasm is infectious?

Dance dilemma sorted - wish me luck and cross your fingers we have another couple of converts. (Perhaps even warn Windsor I'm on my way!!)

:)

ChrisA
10th-December-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Debster
Dance dilemma sorted - wish me luck and cross your fingers we have another couple of converts.
We expect a full report, Debs.

It better be good to stop you being at Hipsters tomorrow :mad:

Chris

Debster
11th-December-2003, 02:45 PM
Yay!

It was a great night. (Shame on the people who told me Windsor was pants!!) In fact four other people came with me in the end - Jo, the teacher, referred to us a a 'bus-load' as we came in.

All four had a great time too and have been talking about it all day.

I even caught up with Simon (fellow Jive Masters contestant) and we had some excellent dances. Plenty of space - the gym is huge - but it felt OK with the 100+ crowd that was there. The lights being low during the class was a bit unusual, but I think it helped create the right atmosphere or the gym lighting probably would have been too stark.

Music was good too - i.e. they played all my favourites - but that may not mean anyone else liked the music ;)

So - there is the full report. At least one of my new friends will be looking up their local club when they get home (He's from Scotland!).

Oh - one more thing - the logo freaked them out! They saw it before they went in and got scared it was going to be fancy lifts and things... I'd never thought of that before - it nearly put two of them off coming!

Cheers :)

p.s. Back at Hipsters next week :D