PDA

View Full Version : Spam Emails

Jay Jay
24th-December-2009, 04:45 PM
Me again with another problem.......my daughter is consistently having all her contacts sent emails saying they are coming from her for a electronics sales company and she cannot get rid of them. She has deleted her contact list completely but it is still happening.......she is in danger of losing all her friends as they are getting fed up with it....:banghead:

emmylou25
24th-December-2009, 05:32 PM
Can't help with this, but I have it as well with my hotmail account (only my junk stuff not proper email so it doesn't hit my friends at all). It keeps saying I've got my vacation set to on, so is sending a junk spam email out to everyone, even though I've set it to off in my options.

Can't seem to change it.

Don't know if your daughter's issue is with hotmail as well.

Jay Jay
24th-December-2009, 06:11 PM
Don't know if your daughter's issue is with hotmail as well.

It is indeed.......she has sent an email to them and has got a standard received your complaint one back. Someone told her to change her password which she has done.

DavidY
24th-December-2009, 07:07 PM
Someone told her to change her password which she has done.:yeah: My guess is that someone has got hold of her hotmail password, which then means they have access to all contacts and can send emails as if they were your daughter.

There are some websites which ask you for your email password - never give it to any website except hotmail (or whatever) itself.