another

psyc0diver
8th-December-2003, 04:19 PM
wrong file type first time

Forte
8th-December-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by psyc0diver
wrong file type first time

They are lovely ...but what is the signature all about...? Time to die? Creeping me out....

psyc0diver
8th-December-2003, 04:26 PM
one to make you jelous

Bardsey
8th-December-2003, 04:49 PM
WOW ! Those are fantastic, especially the shoreline one of Barbados. You're right, I'm green with envy!:drool:

psyc0diver
8th-December-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Forte
They are lovely ...but what is the signature all about...? Time to die? Creeping me out....

Its from Bladerunner. Rutger Hauer's speech at the end - really powerful scene

Forte
8th-December-2003, 05:00 PM
Oh...yes. I enjoyed that film....Your photos of Barbados are beautiful. I was on Dornoch Beach yesterday...stunning. Up north in Scotland. It is where Madonna and Guy Ritchie had their wedding...flippin freezin but stunning beach.

psyc0diver
8th-December-2003, 05:07 PM
Oh...yes. I enjoyed that film....Your photos of Barbados are beautiful. I was on Dornoch Beach yesterday...stunning. Up north in Scotland. It is where Madonna and Guy Ritchie had their wedding...flippin freezin but stunning beach.

I havnt been past dornoch in (expurgated) years. Nice place but as you said - not exactly tropical this time of year

michael
8th-December-2003, 07:45 PM
The Turtle photo is absolutely stunning and very beautiful indeed. Reminded me when i went to St Lucia snd went snorkling among the corals. The shoals of fish were amazing and by slowly waving your arm the fish would follow your movements it was so compelling i stayed in the water all day and ended up with an ear infection!

The photo of Barbados is nice. I have been lucky to have seen sunsets and sunrises and sparkling watercolour on Loch Lomond that defied description by pen or brush.

Once whilst on the loch during a sunny spring day there was a heavy shower that lasted no more than a couple of minutes. Then right out in front of me came a rainbow as vivid as i have ever seen. The rainbow joined the two islands of Creeinch and Torrinch together, linked by water and a rainbow, as the sun came out the leaves all had diamond tips to them and sparkled like i have never seen before. Later on that day we had a heavy snow shower and my little boat was covered in snow (27th April i think) Then realisation set in " Its Scotland" The four seasons all in a day is nothing new in our country is it?

LilyB
8th-December-2003, 10:13 PM
one to make you jealous
Hah! I'm off to the Maldives in January for a week of fab diving, so there. :na:

I'll try taking some pics - provided I don't flood David's camera again. :blush: Hopefully will post some photos to rival yours, psychO!

LilyB

Tiggerbabe
8th-December-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by michael
I have been lucky to have seen sunsets and sunrises and sparkling watercolour on Loch Lomond that defied description by pen or brush.
Well said Michael - Scotland - don't you just love it :D :hug:

Tiggerbabe
8th-December-2003, 10:33 PM
I love the turtle photo too - how fantastic to be swimming along with him/her............and the beach - well - yup! I'm jealous :drool:

David Franklin
8th-December-2003, 10:39 PM
They are lovely ...but what is the signature all about...? Time to die? Creeping me out.... Having had the official source, here's a take off I liked, from Usenet:

I've seen things you people can't imagine.
Chimneysweeps on fire over the roofs of London.
I've watched kite-strings glitter in the sun at Hyde Park Gate.
All these things will be lost in time, like chalk-paintings in the rain.
Time for your nap.

Here's my attempt:

Mike Ellard and Nina on fire on the Casbah floor.
I've watched dance-tops glitter in the strobe lights at Hammersmith.
All these things will be lost in time,
like the memory of the intermediate class.
Time to step back...

Dave

Daphne
8th-December-2003, 10:44 PM
Lovely photos psychdiver, but is there per chance one of you in your tight rubber suit?

Chris
8th-December-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by David Franklin
Here's my attempt:

Mike Ellard and Nina on fire on the Casbah floor.
I've watched dance-tops glitter in the strobe lights at Hammersmith.
All these things will be lost in time,
Time to step back...

Dave

nice one David :cheers:
(a lot funnier but Rutger Hauer still has the edge on that magic moment)

Any chance of you and Bryony doing a 'Bladerunner' cabaret sometime?

Lory
8th-December-2003, 11:59 PM
I just had to post this one.

Not diving, not snokelling but just swimming, Adam (my son) found this seahorse just bobbing around near the beach in Cuba

I'd only ever seen a dried one before.... lovely isnt it!

:grin:

psyc0diver
9th-December-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by David Franklin
Having had the official source, here's a take off I liked, from Usenet:

I've seen things you people can't imagine....

Time for your nap.

Here's my attempt:

I've seen things you people can't imagine.....

Time to step back...

Dave

:rofl:

Originally posted by Daphne
Lovely photos psychdiver, but is there per chance one of you in your tight rubber suit?

Yes Indeed! there is one on the X-mas advent thread - I havnt learned how to link things on this.

Originally posted by Lory
I just had to post this one.

Not diving, not snokelling but just swimming, Adam (my son) found this seahorse just bobbing around near the beach in Cuba

I'd only ever seen a dried one before.... lovely isnt it!

:grin:

Beautiful! I've done over 200 dives out there & on the 2nd last dive (no kidding) I saw my first seahorse (I can post the piccy once I've found a scanner)
Lily - have a fabulous time in the Maldives. If your luggage suddenly becomes 170lbs heavier it wont be me hiding in there - honest! :D

Heres another - my wallpaper taken on the same beach as above

stewart38
9th-December-2003, 11:07 AM
I went scuba diving in Barbados last year. Got scar on my left thigh as we did a shore dive across some rocks

Some nice ships out there. Like the recently sunken one

Keeping sea horses, don't recognize that type shown, is hard

psyc0diver
9th-December-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by stewart38

Some nice ships out there. Like the recently sunken one

Assume thats the one down in carlisle bay (the most recent addition - cant remember its name). Was one of the booze-cruise boats

Bardsey
9th-December-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by michael

Once whilst on the loch during a sunny spring day there was a heavy shower that lasted no more than a couple of minutes. Then right out in front of me came a rainbow as vivid as i have ever seen. The rainbow joined the two islands of Creeinch and Torrinch together, linked by water and a rainbow, as the sun came out the leaves all had diamond tips to them and sparkled like i have never seen before. Later on that day we had a heavy snow shower and my little boat was covered in snow (27th April i think) Then realisation set in " Its Scotland" The four seasons all in a day is nothing new in our country is it?

My God, how poetic is that! I think I'm in love :rofl:

stewart38
9th-December-2003, 01:25 PM
Assume thats the one down in carlisle bay (the most recent addition - cant remember its name). Was one of the booze-cruise boats

I think it was slightly older one but the sea hadn't got to work on it so felt a bit eerie,may havbeen sunk in 1984 ?

I dived all over the world and I can't remember where I have seen 'sea horses'. One of the best sites was of Kenya which isn't renound

The worst diving center I have ever attended was in Barbados (mainly on safety)