PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with Two Ladies at Once

Starlight Dancer
7th-December-2003, 12:39 PM
I've seen the experienced guys dancing with two ladies at once, one lady on each arm and want to learn to do this myself. In fact all the guys did it as part of the fun class at our last freestyle.

Any tips anyone? Are there any moves best suited for this?

Tazmanian Devil
7th-December-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by starlightdancer
I've seen the experienced guys dancing with two ladies at once, one lady on each arm and want to learn to do this myself. In fact all the guys did it as part of the fun class at our last freestyle.

What you need is a double trouble work shop. I dont know of any going on at the moment, But know they do have them on the dance weekends, next one to my knowledge being stomping in brighton 27/28 March 2004.
To be able to do double trouble can be a lot of fun, I was at Hove last night where Mikey lead 4 of us for the last track. It was great fun!! :kiss: :hug:

Starlight Dancer
7th-December-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Tazmanian Devil
What you need is a double trouble work shop. I dont know of any going on at the moment, But know they do have them on the dance weekends, next one to my knowledge being stomping in brighton 27/28 March 2004.
To be able to do double trouble can be a lot of fun, I was at Hove last night where Mikey lead 4 of us for the last track. It was great fun!! :kiss: :hug:

Cheers TD :cheers:

We don't have them round here - not that I've noticed anyway, so I will keep my eyes peeled for Brighton - sounds fun! Do you have any contact details?

Anyone know if these workshops run anywhere else?

TheTramp
7th-December-2003, 05:35 PM
Cheers TD :cheers:

We don't have them round here - not that I've noticed anyway, so I will keep my eyes peeled for Brighton - sounds fun! Do you have any contact details?

Anyone know if these workshops run anywhere else? Double Trouble classes usually happen at some of the major dance weekends (Camber, Bognor, and as Taz said, Brighton). There are details (and a link) about the Brighton event here....

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1859

Steve

Starlight Dancer
7th-December-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Double Trouble classes usually happen at some of the major dance weekends (Camber, Bognor, and as Taz said, Brighton). There are details (and a link) about the Brighton event here....

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1859

Steve

Thanks Steve, I feel I'm discovering worlds within worlds. :nice:

So when's the next Camber and Bognor events?

TheTramp
7th-December-2003, 06:36 PM
Bognor is 9th January 2004.

www.jivetime.co.uk

Steve

Jon L
7th-December-2003, 11:30 PM

You could get the John Sweeney Double Trouble video in the meantime

www.modernjive.com for details

Starlight Dancer
7th-December-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Jon L
You could get the John Sweeney Double Trouble video in the meantime

www.modernjive.com for details

I didn't know the video existed! Cheers Jon!

Tazmanian Devil
8th-December-2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Bognor is 9th January 2004.

www.jivetime.co.uk

Steve

Oooh I forgot that one!! Maybe it's cause I KNOW I cant make it :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Tazmanian Devil
8th-December-2003, 12:05 AM

Videos Oh yes you can get instruction videos for all types of dancing!! Modern Jive, Hip hop, Dips drops and seducers, Blues etc etc. Their should be quite a few on the jive time link that
Jon L gave earlier!! :kiss: :hug:

Jon L
8th-December-2003, 12:23 AM

It's a pleasure:grin:

jiveoholic
8th-December-2003, 12:53 AM
There are 11 moves fully described (with illustrations and animations for gold members) at www.jiveoholic.org.uk. Take a look at 'doubles' under 'moves'. These can all be danced by a man with any intermediate ladies, even if they have not danced doubles before.

Starlight Dancer
8th-December-2003, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by jiveoholic
There are 11 moves fully described (with illustrations and animations for gold members) at www.jiveoholic.org.uk. Take a look at 'doubles' under 'moves'. These can all be danced by a man with any intermediate ladies, even if they have not danced doubles before.

This will get me started! Thanks mate! :cheers:

thewacko
9th-December-2003, 06:54 PM
another alternative is to ask the teacher at your local venue to look into it and see if they will put on a fun class

worth a try even if they just turn round and say no

:cheers:

Bill
10th-December-2003, 11:56 AM
and there's to be a double trouble workshop in Newcastle in early February - taught by our very own Scot who is a fantastic double trouble leader.

And you can always look out the Blackpool and Ceroc Champs and have a look at what competitors do.

Starlight Dancer
14th-December-2003, 02:26 AM
Thanks everyone for all your replies - most helpful.

I have great news! Debs is going to teach double trouble as a fun class on the 22nd at Glee, my regular! Now did she read my mind?

BobbyA
14th-February-2006, 12:41 AM
Oops old post

Phil
12th-April-2006, 03:37 PM

I love doing Double Trouble.
I learnt all the moves at weekenders such as Southport and Ribby Hall and put them all together. So if you're doing any weekenders, try a class they're well worth it if you want to expand your repertoire.
I regularly dance with two girls who love it and know all the moves. They took to it like ducks to water and are absolutely fantastic. We practise together all the time at Chester so if you're ever down this way look us up.

Donna
12th-April-2006, 04:16 PM
I love doing Double Trouble.
I learnt all the moves at weekenders such as Southport and Ribby Hall and put them all together. So if you're doing any weekenders, try a class they're well worth it if you want to expand your repertoire.
I regularly dance with two girls who love it and know all the moves. They took to it like ducks to water and are absolutely fantastic. We practise together all the time at Chester so if you're ever down this way look us up.

And believe me... this man is fantastic at double trouble!! :respect: We can try it tonight!!! :clap:

Swinging bee
12th-April-2006, 07:49 PM

You will find Mrs Swinging bee on that one ( also known as Linda!)

Phil
13th-April-2006, 02:19 PM
Thanks Donna,

Praise indeed coming from you. Pity I didn't read your post in time. If I'd known you wanted to to double trouble with me last night I would've been only too happy to oblige.:respect:

Donna
13th-April-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks Donna,

Praise indeed coming from you. Pity I didn't read your post in time. If I'd known you wanted to to double trouble with me last night I would've been only too happy to oblige.:respect:

I was going to ask you but I looked around and couldn't see anybody else in the hall who would have been able to do it. Did you know anyone?