PDA

View Full Version : USB Laptop speakers

Lynn
4th-December-2009, 11:45 AM
I need to source USB laptop speakers for a work colleague - mainly to play short DVDs to small groups (18-25 people) as part of training sessions.

I have Logitech V20 speakers which I have tried with my colleague's laptop and they seem to work well. They come in a sturdy carrying case which is useful as we have a lot of other equipment to bring to the training sessions. Just wanted to check before I get them for work, if anyone has any other recommendations?

CJ
4th-December-2009, 01:20 PM
I need to source USB laptop speakers for a work colleague - mainly to play short DVDs to small groups (18-25 people) as part of training sessions.

I have Logitech V20 speakers which I have tried with my colleague's laptop and they seem to work well. They come in a sturdy carrying case which is useful as we have a lot of other equipment to bring to the training sessions. Just wanted to check before I get them for work, if anyone has any other recommendations?

Have U not seen Lory's egg?!?!?!? (I think she mentioned them on the smile thread. She also did a whole MVQ Shopping Channel presentation on FB!!)

Hope U well...

XxX

knightengale
4th-December-2009, 02:54 PM
I highly recommend these :-http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/9623066/X-Mi-X-Mini-II-2nd-Generation-Capsule-iPod-MP3-Speaker/Product.html

One is enough but 2 does sound a little better Also has about 10 hours battery life

DavidY
4th-December-2009, 08:32 PM
Have U not seen Lory's egg?!?!?!? (I think she mentioned them on the smile thread. She also did a whole MVQ Shopping Channel presentation on FB!!)

Hope U well...

XxX

I highly recommend these :-http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/9623066/X-Mi-X-Mini-II-2nd-Generation-Capsule-iPod-MP3-Speaker/Product.html

One is enough but 2 does sound a little better Also has about 10 hours battery lifeLynn,

I think that Lory's speakers (as mentioned by CJ) were a different model of the ones knightengale mentions. I think Lory's were from Amazon and were a stereo version but with slightly worse battery life.

David

Lynn
4th-December-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks, but don't think they want ones that run off battery anyway - they want ones that run off USB from laptop. Think I'll prob go with the logitech ones - they seem to give a loud and clear enough volume.

Lory
4th-December-2009, 09:21 PM
Thanks, but don't think they want ones that run off battery anyway - they want ones that run off USB from laptop. Think I'll prob go with the logitech ones - they seem to give a loud and clear enough volume.

I know you've probably made your mind up now but just in case your still umming and erring, the ones I made the video of ( you can see on FB) run for 11 hours on Battery but 'recharge' and work via a USB as well :)

I'm not on commission BTW :naughty:

Lynn
4th-December-2009, 09:55 PM
I know you've probably made your mind up now but just in case your still umming and erring, the ones I made the video of ( you can see on FB) run for 11 hours on Battery but 'recharge' and work via a USB as well :)Hmm.. wouldn't mind a set of these myself!

If I do decide to get them I could then bring them into work for colleague to see...

Lynn
8th-December-2009, 01:16 PM
I know you've probably made your mind up now but just in case your still umming and erring, the ones I made the video of ( you can see on FB) run for 11 hours on Battery but 'recharge' and work via a USB as well :)

I'm not on commission BTW :naughty:Lory, I'm a bit confused by something I saw in a review - is it possible to run these off the USB while listening to a eg a DVD playback from the laptop - at the same time - ie playing and charging?

They are really cute!

Dreadful Scathe
8th-December-2009, 02:05 PM
a usb connection carries power and data at the same time - but you obviously use the power to play, so it may not charge when playing but it won't discharge either. At least in theory - it depends on the device in question and how much power it needs and how much it actually gets (although the latter should be fairly fixed).

see here for info (http://www.girr.org/mac_stuff/usb_stuff.html)

Lory
8th-December-2009, 02:32 PM
Lory, I'm a bit confused by something I saw in a review - is it possible to run these off the USB while listening to a eg a DVD playback from the laptop - at the same time - ie playing and charging?

They are really cute!
Honest answer... I don't know :blush: :flower:

knightengale
8th-December-2009, 02:58 PM
Lory, I'm a bit confused by something I saw in a review - is it possible to run these off the USB while listening to a eg a DVD playback from the laptop - at the same time - ie playing and charging?

They are really cute!

Yeah i have them, If you plug them in through USB you can ether run the sound through the USB cable (if the laptop / PC allows that) or just plug the speaker cable into the headphone port of the machine :nice:

You can also put more than one together to get better (although not needed) sound:nice:

Lynn
8th-December-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah i have them, If you plug them in through USB you can ether run the sound through the USB cable (if the laptop / PC allows that) or just plug the speaker cable into the headphone port of the machine :nice:

You can also put more than one together to get better (although not needed) sound:nice:Thanks.

Its a set of two anyway, isn't it, so do you mean using 4 speakers?

knightengale
8th-December-2009, 05:29 PM
Thanks.

Its a set of two anyway, isn't it, so do you mean using 4 speakers?

The one i posted (the link to play.com) is only 1 speaker. Although the sound quailty is really good that you don't 'need' a second / 3rd one etc.

I actually bought one and found it so good i got a second one so i could keep one in the car for ipod etc when out walking etc and one for my netbook.

And i plug them together if i want to watch something on the laptop. :nice: