PDA

View Full Version : What do you believe? (Deposits of an equine origin)

Chris
6th-December-2003, 09:27 PM
I don't know if this poll has been done before but couldn't see it anywhere - thought it might be interesting to see what forum members believe.

Jon L
7th-December-2003, 03:56 AM
Very topical thread ! we are on to personal beliefs and values.

Now let me say straight away that everyone has a right to their own opinions and it is not for me to be judgemental about what other members believe or don't believe in :)

I wanted to select Life after death and the Virgin Birth. You see I am a committed Christian deep down , and indeed most Sunday's I am at church (unless I am at Camber/Bognor or a competition). So obviously I believe in Jesus rising from the dead etc.

I would encourage all of you as we approach Christmas to think what we celebrate it for.

That said if anyone disagrees with me, I won't hold it against them, and I hope you won't hold it against me either :nice:

Will
7th-December-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Jon L
Very topical thread ! we are on to personal beliefs and values.

Now let me say straight away that everyone has a right to their own opinions and it is not for me to be judgemental about what other members believe or don't believe in :)

I wanted to select Life after death and the Virgin Birth. You see I am a committed Christian deep down , and indeed most Sunday's I am at church (unless I am at Camber/Bognor or a competition). So obviously I believe in Jesus rising from the dead etc.

I would encourage all of you as we approach Christmas to think what we celebrate it for.

That said if anyone disagrees with me, I won't hold it against them, and I hope you won't hold it against me either :nice:
What JonL said! :cheers:

Will

P.S. Chris, you might want to edit your poll if you want people to be able to select more than one option.

Heather
7th-December-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Will
What JonL said! :cheers:

Will

P.S. Chris, you might want to edit your poll if you want people to be able to select more than one option.

I though it was just me!!! I want to select more than one option and it won't allow me to!!!

:kiss: :hug:
Heather,
XX

Lynn
7th-December-2003, 03:41 PM

Well said.

I also wanted to select those two options - for the same reasons as Jon.

Tazmanian Devil
7th-December-2003, 03:49 PM
You said to click on all the ones that apply to ourselves but only one highlights up for the vote!! Or am I going wrong somewhere?? :confused:

Nick M
7th-December-2003, 04:29 PM

Me2 Jon

nick

Chris
7th-December-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Tazmanian Devil
You said to click on all the ones that apply to ourselves but only one highlights up for the vote!! Or am I going wrong somewhere?? :confused:

My mistake - there is a button I forgot to click for 'multiple options' when making the poll but only the administrator can fix it now.

Franck!!!!! Help!!!!!

ChrisA
7th-December-2003, 07:13 PM
I voted for Crop Circles.

I believe absolutely in crop circles. They are without question the only option for which there is abundant contemporary evidence - photographic, as well as eye-witness.

Of course crop circles exist - there is absolutely no question.

However, I don't believe they are created by aliens.

:what: :what:

Chris, dedicated pagan.

Tazmanian Devil
8th-December-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Chris
My mistake - there is a button I forgot to click for 'multiple options' when making the poll but only the administrator can fix it now.

Franck!!!!! Help!!!!!

never mind hun :kiss:
I am a strong beliver in Horoscopes, Telepathy, The spirt world, and Im quite superstitious :grin: so would have put a few votes :wink: :kiss: :hug:

thewacko
9th-December-2003, 04:46 PM
i believe in santa claus

but i dont know why cos he never comes to my house, but that could be cos i have always been a bad boy:rolleyes:

Chris
9th-December-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by thewacko
i believe in santa claus
but i dont know why cos he never comes to my house, but that could be cos i have always been a bad boy:rolleyes:

Well he's level-pegging with the Virgin Birth so far, so if he doesn't turn up you could always go and celebrate the real meaning of christmas at church instead :D

thewacko
9th-December-2003, 05:04 PM
Well he's level-pegging with the Virgin Birth so far, so if he doesn't turn up you could always go and celebrate the real meaning of christmas at church instead :D

:devil: virgin birth: they will be teaching vibrators to wallpaper and cut the grass next:devil:

Chris
9th-December-2003, 06:23 PM
:devil: virgin birth: they will be teaching vibrators to wallpaper and cut the grass next:devil:

Even flying saucers are doing well now. But I refer the rt hon'rable gen'lman to the subtitle of thread, superfically disguised so as not to cause offence. So anyway, on results so far, the Forum doesn't think E.S.P is horse poop.

Of course, to believers, anything is 'true' that they truly believe - so statistics mean nothing - or do they? George Adamski still sells lots of books on them and Lobsang Rampa was no doubt a real Tibetan lama not an ordinary plumber from America. When someone writes a best seller proving E.S.P. will we become more skeptical? Or will it increase X-Files video sales? :confused:

thewacko
9th-December-2003, 06:25 PM
Even flying saucers are doing well now. But I refer the rt hon'rable gen'lman to the subtitle of thread, superfically disguised so as not to cause offence. So anyway, on results so far, the Forum doesn't think E.S.P is horse poop.

Of course, to believers, anything is 'true' that they truly believe - so statistics mean nothing - or do they? George Adamski still sells lots of books on them and Lobsang Rampa was no doubt a real Tibetan lama not an ordinary plumber from America. When someone writes a best seller proving E.S.P. will we become more skeptical? Or will it increase X-Files video sales? :confused:

I knew that . . . :really: must have been esp:sick:

Cerocfan
10th-December-2003, 01:45 PM
I KNOW spoon bending is real because I has 10 yr old girl in my class who brought in some she'd bent/broken while ill in bed & bored. She told me about it while gently rubbing a spoon & it slowly bent & eventually the bowl fell off. When you tried to fit the 2 pieces back together, they wouldn't fit properly. She could do this with no effort; could also mostly draw a simple symbol someone else had secretly drawn.
Local papers photographed her, but she became very unhappy about the attention, & we had to play it all down till people forgot.

Dreadful Scathe
10th-December-2003, 02:44 PM
They all exist if you think they do. They may not all exist in reality, but what is reality other than personal beliefs ? So Id suggest that everyones reality is different and there is no true/false answer.

Personally I dont believe half of you exist, most of you are extensiosn of TheTramps various psychosis. He types in what you say to get you 'out of his head' :).

...And Im actually a gorgeous pert redheaded girl called Kate with a penchant for gorillas . :wink:

thewacko
10th-December-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Personally I dont believe half of you exist, most of you are extensiosn of TheTramps various psychosis. He types in what you say to get you 'out of his head' :).

...And Im actually a gorgeous pert redheaded girl called Kate with a penchant for gorillas . :wink:

I know that I dont exist as I am only a figment in tazmanian devils imagination, but what an imagination, I am beginning to feel quite normal now:what:

Boomer
10th-December-2003, 03:01 PM
They all exist if you think they do. They may not all exist in reality, but what is reality other than personal beliefs ? ......And Im actually a gorgeous pert redheaded girl called Kate with a penchant for gorillas . :wink:

Personal beliefs are 'simply' a subjective reaciton to the objective environment we exist in that is, for want of a better word, 'reality'. Your 'belief' that you are a tempting redhead with a taste for the more....primitive man is purely subjective. The cold, hard objective 'reality' is that you are a small, blue jiving smurf and your belief will never alter that.

I am a figment of The Tramps' deranged psyche, and I'm just a beginner at that.

Heather
10th-December-2003, 09:46 PM
Franck,
You mean to say that you haven't picked up my telepathic messages to you!!!!!
Get your act together:rofl: I want to choose more than one option!!!!!!
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,

XX

Tazmanian Devil
11th-December-2003, 01:52 AM
i believe in santa claus

Well you should learn to behave yourself then shouldn't you and Santa might just bring you a nice big surprise!! :nice:

virgin birth: they will be teaching vibrators to wallpaper and cut the grass next

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
11th-December-2003, 01:58 AM
They all exist if you think they do. They may not all exist in reality, but what is reality other than personal beliefs ? So Id suggest that everyones reality is different and there is no true/false answer.

Well said DS :grin:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

[QUOTE] origanally posted by The Wacko I know that I dont exist as I am only a figment in tazmanian devils imagination, but what an imagination, I am beginning to feel quite normal now

You wish Darling!! And as far as you being NORMAL, I dont think so do you? :confused: