PDA

View Full Version : US Open Swing Dance Results 2009

FoxyFunkster
30th-November-2009, 06:56 AM
Another awesome US Open which was well represented by Europe and the UK again.....

Paul and Cat came a fabulous 6th place in classic and Cat took 2nd in Jack and Jill whilst Paul took 8th......

Full results and awesome winning performances are here.....enjoy everyone

http://www.usopenswingdc.com/2009_division_winners.html

Cruella
30th-November-2009, 09:05 AM
Another awesome US Open which was well represented by Europe and the UK again.....

Paul and Cat came a fabulous 6th place in classic and Cat took 2nd in Jack and Jill whilst Paul took 8th......

Full results and awesome winning performances are here.....enjoy everyone

http://www.usopenswingdc.com/2009_division_winners.html
:clap: Glad to see Brennar and Torri got 1st place with their routine. :grin:

Caro
30th-November-2009, 10:21 AM

They won by a mile, there was no question about it... It will be interesting when they compete in Classic next year, they may well change the hierarchy a little !!!!

robd
30th-November-2009, 11:28 AM
They won by a mile, there was no question about it... It will be interesting when they compete in Classic next year, they may well change the hierarchy a little !!!!

Didn't they run J&T very close in an event this year?

IMO Brennar isn't as slick as Jordan (yet) and Torri doesn't have the charisma that Tatiana has but they've got plenty of time to develop both of those qualities to go on top of the incredible raw talent they display. :respect:

I enjoyed Kyle and Melissa, he was a lot more dynamic than I am used to seeing from him, the cabaret was great too. Max and Amandine I expected more from when I watched the video - was a little disappointed but only because of the high standards I expect from the two of them. Right, off to watch the Benji/Kellese one now :grin:

Dottie
30th-November-2009, 11:57 AM

:yeah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGA3OZc_Iu4

Dottie
30th-November-2009, 02:01 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGA3OZc_Iu4

Oops..sorry- didn't realise that the videos were attached to FF's first post. For some reason I cannot see/open them.

FoxyFunkster
30th-November-2009, 02:25 PM
Didn't they run J&T very close in an event this year?

IMO Brennar isn't as slick as Jordan (yet) and Torri doesn't have the charisma that Tatiana has but they've got plenty of time to develop both of those qualities to go on top of the incredible raw talent they display. :respect:

I totally agree with this....Dancing in classic will have it`s own pressures..i`m sure they will deliver but as yet it is still a question mark...

IMax and Amandine I expected more from when I watched the video - was a little disappointed but only because of the high standards I expect from the two of them.

I`m not sure people fully realise how nerve wracking it is for the competitors and the All stars JnJ as a whole is usually quite disappointing, as people tend to play safe rather than busting out.....It was a very hard category to judge......

Lastly check out Benji and K`s Michael jackson tribute...just awesome

robd
30th-November-2009, 02:51 PM
Lastly check out Benji and K`s Michael jackson tribute...just awesome

Benji didn't make a great impression when he came over to Southport (in stark contrast to Kellese) but together they are dynamite. I love the part where she goes through his legs then into that dip - completely original (to my eyes anyway). In fact there were also really well done dips/drops from J&T (everyone's seen that one by now I expect) and Brennar & Torri's hands behind the back one. That envelope keeps getting pushed....

Lory
30th-November-2009, 03:12 PM
Benji didn't make a great impression when he came over to Southport (in stark contrast to Kellese) but together they are dynamite.

:yeah: Kellese always looks like she's having the time of her life, I can't help smiling when I see her dance, she's pure joy to watch.
I think some of her warm, humble, like-ability must be rubbing off on him :worthy: :)

Cruella
30th-November-2009, 03:17 PM
I`m not sure people fully realise how nerve wracking it is for the competitors and the All stars JnJ as a whole is usually quite disappointing, as people tend to play safe rather than busting out.

When I was looking for some links to put on the Swingvitational thread, I was quite surprised I couldn't find any to do justice to the dancing I saw in some of the freestyle. This would explain why. I guess when they were all relaxed and having fun (and a few beers) their experimental sides showed more!

alinp
1st-December-2009, 02:35 PM
In fact there were also really well done dips/drops from J&T (everyone's seen that one by now I expect) and Brennar & Torri's hands behind the back one. That envelope keeps getting pushed....

Brenner & Tori's hands behind back one........ anyone tried it yet????

Geordieed
8th-December-2009, 10:50 PM
I`m not sure people fully realise how nerve wracking it is for the competitors and the All stars JnJ as a whole is usually quite disappointing, as people tend to play safe rather than busting out.....It was a very hard category to judge......

Totally agree. Plus for anyone who has danced spotlight there is so much involved. Plus there is so much more to competing than just being flamboyant. There is a list of things that need to be crossed off to get the judges vote. It's not as easy as it looks. Social dancing is one thing but competing is a whole world of difference.

robd
11th-December-2009, 02:01 PM
Totally agree. Plus for anyone who has danced spotlight there is so much involved. Plus there is so much more to competing than just being flamboyant. There is a list of things that need to be crossed off to get the judges vote. It's not as easy as it looks. Social dancing is one thing but competing is a whole world of difference.

Well, spotlight doesn't seem to worry him too much in this clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyQTX0SbQE0) though I accept that the expectations (as well as the judging panels) at the Open and at Chico are significantly different.