PDA

View Full Version : Dancing in the North West/Goodbye Brum

Ste
5th-December-2003, 03:47 AM
I've moved back up North.

Thanks to my Brum friends for looking after me for a whole year and driving me around! You know who you are! I really enjoyed dancing with and meeting you guys at the Glee, Wythall and my favourite Solihull. You are a friendly lot indeed.

Which are the best venues in Manchester and the Wirral?Does anyone go to Bromborough/Chester and is there no jive in Liverpool at all? What is salsa like in Liverpool?Is there any tango in Manchester?

Cheers

Scouse Mouse

The Best things come in small packages

Paul F
5th-December-2003, 02:14 PM
Hi Ste,

Wow, thought i was up until late last night browsing the forum but you win with a post after half two :grin:

I went to the glee club a few weeks back. Is Debbie still teaching there?? Shes brill

As for nights in the north west, I teach at Ceroc-Manchester at Hyde Town Hall(East Manchester) on a wednesday night which is a really good night with fab people. Would love to see you there.
www.ceroc-manchester.co.uk

Apart from that you have ceroc in Nantwich on a tuesday and Blitz in Altrincham on a tuesday and thursday.

There are also other nights run by independants in the manchester area eg, Fresh Jive (mondays - stockport ukranian club) and i THINK there are others but havn't really frequented any of them.

It does sound like your after venues in Merseyside though. If this is the case then i fear you may have to travel. I believe there is one in Bromborough but I dont really know anything about it to be honest.

As for salsa, you have a number of nights in and around Liverpool. I used to go to the Latin Lounge at Chillies in the city which was a really good night. (www.salsajive.com) and there are loads of others on that website.

If you need any more help with finding any classes or anything then let me know. I tend to find myself on the forum on the odd occasion :wink: :wink:

Ste
5th-December-2003, 08:38 PM
Hi Paul

Thanks for the info.

Yes, Debs teaches at the Glee. Really lovely girl.

Well, I will be trying to find a place to stay in Manchester so I might see you in Stockport. Haven't got a car yet.

Thanks

Ste

Starlight Dancer
7th-December-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Ste
I've moved back up North.

Thanks to my Brum friends for looking after me for a whole year and driving me around! You know who you are! I really enjoyed dancing with and meeting you guys at the Glee, Wythall and my favourite Solihull. You are a friendly lot indeed.

Which are the best venues in Manchester and the Wirral?Does anyone go to Bromborough/Chester and is there no jive in Liverpool at all? What is salsa like in Liverpool?Is there any tango in Manchester?

Cheers

Scouse Mouse

The Best things come in small packages

Ste, I think I know who you are! I never guessed you'd be leaving us. Brum will miss you, but you're welcome to visit us any time.