PDA

View Full Version : What`s happening in Newcastle

Ann
4th-December-2003, 09:28 PM
Just a quick word to our Scottish visitors. Things are happening in Newcastle. Firstly, our regular venue Blackfriars Hall is to be fitted with a NEW FLOOR! This is great news but it means we have to close after our Christmas party Monday 22 December and we don`t reopen til Monday 2 Feb 2004. (This is where I should put in one of those sad faces but you`ll have to use your imagination as I don`t know how to!).

BUT we would like to invite as many of you as possible to come to our First Freestyle Event on the New Floor on Sat 7 Feb. Your very own Scot is going to get us all dancing on that night as our guest teacher and if you want to spend the day with us Scot will be doing a Double Troubel workshop during the afternoon. (Imagine Smiley Face)

If you don`t know the way yet then follow The Tramp.

We will not be idle during our enforced period of abstinence (from dancing) however as our newest night opens on Thurs 15 Jan 2004 in a fabulous new venue by the coast. So if you have yet to sample Geordie hospitality we would love to see you.

If you need details check out our website www.ceroc-newcastle.co.uk

Cheers! ANN

Bill
5th-December-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by Ann

BUT we would like to invite as many of you as possible to come to our First Freestyle Event on the New Floor on Sat 7 Feb. Your very own Scot is going to get us all dancing on that night as our guest teacher and if you want to spend the day with us Scot will be doing a Double Troubel workshop during the afternoon. (Imagine Smiley Face)

Cheers! ANN

Your letting Scot open the new night !!!! :rolleyes: :sick:

Only joking of course...........:na:

Ann.....does this mean the party night is Monday 22nd ! I'd love to make it down to celebrate with all the friendly Geordies and have some more wonderful dances after the last time I made it down with Lorna. Met some lovely folk at the scottish Comp so be great to make it down again. And certainly try and get down for the Feb. event.

Hope to see you all soon then.

Billxx

Paul F
5th-December-2003, 02:06 AM
Oooo, going to have a look at the rac route planner to find out just how far away Newcastle is from here. I wouldn't mind going to that myself. Been meaning to visit the NE for a while.

Someone told me that Newcastle is the same distance from Manchester as London so that wouldnt be too bad.

TheTramp
5th-December-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Paul F
Someone told me that Newcastle is the same distance from Manchester as London so that wouldnt be too bad. Actually Paul, according to the RAC, Manchester to London is 199 miles, and Manchester to Newcastle, is only 143 miles.

See you on the 7th of Feb then! :D

Steve

Paul F
5th-December-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Actually Paul, according to the RAC, Manchester to London is 199 miles, and Manchester to Newcastle, is only 143 miles.

See you on the 7th of Feb then! :D

Steve

Yay!! :grin: A date for my diary

Will see if i can get a few of the dancers from round here to come with me to keep me company for the drive.

They can wait in the car while im dancing :D :D

Ian W
5th-December-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Ann
BUT we would like to invite as many of you as possible to come to our First Freestyle Event on the New Floor on Sat 7 Feb.

Sounds like fun. Pity about the date though - there is an Amir Giles workshop/party being organized by Boogienights in Edinburgh on 7th Feb.

Ian

Ann
5th-December-2003, 07:28 PM
Hello Bill

We would love to see you at any of our Party Nights. Just so you`re clear about the dates as there may be some confusion (and it`s a fair way!)

Mon 22 December 2003 - our Christmas Party Night - posh frocks, mince pies and fun

Sat 7 February 2004 - New Floor Party - guest teacher preceded by Double Trouble Workshop in the afternoon.

So might we see you then?......

Cheers, Ann

Ann
9th-January-2004, 07:53 PM
Hello Everyone

Many of you have enquired about our Double Trouble workshop and Party Night on Sat 7 Feb 2004 and even more about where to stay.

There is a Travel Inn, Travel Lodge and Premier Lodge all on Newcastle Quayside (which is worth seeing these days!) and what`s more all within walking distance of our venue.

But book early to be sure of accommodation in Europe`s party capital and we really look forward to dancing with you.

Cheers, Ann

TheTramp
12th-January-2004, 04:26 PM
Anyone wanting to go down, I'll be driving down (with Mel and James) on the Friday night, and coming back on the Sunday afternoon.

Let me know, and we can sort something out....

Steve

Bill
12th-January-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Ann
Hello Bill

Sat 7 February 2004 - New Floor Party - guest teacher preceded by Double Trouble Workshop in the afternoon.

So might we see you then?......

Cheers, Ann

Missed the 22nd after all and now I have a weekend workshop in Edinburgh on the 6/7th so won't make it after all :tears: :sick:

Will encourage dancers here to go and enjoy themselves in Geordieland ................. have fun and hope to see you soon. :hug: