PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye St Mary's - Hello Chimes

Will
3rd-December-2003, 08:25 PM
For those of you who go to St Mary's on Fridays, bare in mind that this Friday is the last ever Ceroc night there (Boo-hoo).

As it is the final fling, they are holding a black tie ball.

Start Time 7.00pm
Ends 11.00pm

The evening will start with Sparkling wine and canapés, followed by a class with Cliff & Penny (who are known for there outragous moves at Christmas events), freestyle, and a special Team Cabaret performance from the team that recently won the team event at Britroc....

....and all for only £5.00

(Plus more than a few of us will then move on to Hipsters - which goes on until 1.00am - if I have anything to do with it!)

HOWEVER

In the new year, St Mary's Friday night will move about 600yds up the road to a new venue - A Swedish Church (where they serve wine and meatballs at communion on sundays, all the pews come from IKEA, and all the Hymns are Abba songs. Be warned, you can only use the Church car park if you drive a Volvo).

The new venue will be known as CHIMES, the address of which is 6 Hardcourt St. W1H, and will be opening on Friday 9th January 2004.

Will
6th-December-2003, 03:24 AM
Well were are all the forumites on Friday night?

Only me and JonL at St Mary's,
Only Lory and ChrisA at Hipsters (that I saw at least)

Was beginning to wonder if the Big Forum Get together was today and I'd missed it :tears:

Still, for those of you with better things to do, just thought I'd let you know that the few of us that did venture out had a great night.

St Mary's was a wonderful ball with almost everyone making the effort to dress up. Surprising cameo appearances from Mr & Mrs Cronin themselves (the latter of which I managed to steal a dance with!), and Viktor too. Then a couple of us went onto Hipsters which seemed to have a particularly great atmosphere, with the last half hour being especially superb as the dance floor cleared enough to give you space to dance more freely.

.... oh and a Christmas Card from JonL :cheers:

Jon L
6th-December-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Will

Only me and JonL at St Mary's,

St Mary's was a wonderful ball with almost everyone making the effort to dress up. Surprising cameo appearances from Mr & Mrs Cronin themselves (the latter of which I managed to steal a dance with!), and Viktor too. Then a couple of us went onto Hipsters which seemed to have a particularly great atmosphere, with the last half hour being especially superb as the dance floor cleared enough to give you space to dance more freely.

.... oh and a Christmas Card from JonL :cheers:

Yes it was a nice way to end the era really of St.Paul's/St.Mary's These two venues have special place for me in that it is where I started 3.5 years ago and I still have friends from there

Now on to a new venue, place on Friday's we'll see what happens :cheers:

Lory
6th-December-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Will

Only Lory and ChrisA at Hipsters (that I saw at least)

Was beginning to wonder if the Big Forum Get together was today and I'd missed it :tears:

It was a fab night last night, I'd go as far as to say I had one of my best nights ever.
Will, Just to let you know, I saw a few more forumites than you, Mary, Sheepman (who sneaked in late) and I danced with Roger Chin and LL.
:)

Mary
6th-December-2003, 01:56 PM
Yep. The Prawn and I were there at Hipsters, although we were particularly wimpy in that we left before the end (just as the music started to get really good!!!).

Felt a little out of sorts because a regular at Nigel's Tuesday classes dropped me in the cabaret class - I guess I should have checked first if he was happy to do the move (not a difficult or uncommon one). I landed face down on the floor with the guy on top of me. Fortunately I have very strong arms, and after checking the guy was OK I proceeded to get the hump!!:mad: :mad:

Lory - can I check, was that you that Roger C was 'groping' when I arrived? If it was I apologise for not saying a bigger 'hello' - I suddenly doubted myself and didn't want to feel like a prat!! :blush:

M

Wanted to ask lots of people for a dance, but thought I wouldn't do them justice given my mood at the time - apologies to all I did and didn't dance with.:blush:

Lory
6th-December-2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Mary

Felt a little out of sorts because a regular at Nigel's Tuesday classes dropped me in the cabaret class - I guess I should have checked first if he was happy to do the move (not a difficult or uncommon one). I landed face down on the floor with the guy on top of me. Fortunately I have very strong arms, and after checking the guy was OK I proceeded to get the hump!!:mad: :mad:

I saw that and made a mental note, AVOID THAT MAN! :rolleyes:
I hope your OK?
You seemed to be OK and danced the routine beautifully with a guy at the back later on in the class!:grin:

Lory - can I check, was that you that Roger C was 'groping' when I arrived?
Erm Yes, :sorry it's OK it was all in good humour! I think he's like that with everyone....no????:rofl:

I did wave to you later but you didn't see me....next time! :hug:

Mary
8th-December-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Lory
I saw that and made a mental note, AVOID THAT MAN! :rolleyes:
I hope your OK?
You seemed to be OK and danced the routine beautifully with a guy at the back later on in the class!:grin:

That guy at the back was non other than our very own Prawny. :D (aka Tony)

M

ChrisA
8th-December-2003, 12:01 PM
Yep. The Prawn and I were there at Hipsters
Ok, Franck, this is your chance to redeem yourself, and move some posts TO the Hipsters thread.

Do your duty, sir, no matter how unpalatable. :waycool:

ChrisA
8th-December-2003, 12:03 PM
Wanted to ask lots of people for a dance, but thought I wouldn't do them justice given my mood at the time
She was a bit grumpy (and for good reason... I'd better not find out who dropped her, for his sake...)

... but still lovely to dance with :waycool:

Chris

Lory
8th-December-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
She was a bit grumpy (and for good reason... I'd better not find out who dropped her, for his sake...)

... but still lovely to dance with :waycool:

Chris
SHHHH I know who it was! :devil: :innocent: