PDA

View Full Version : Beaconsfield

Pammy
3rd-December-2003, 01:04 PM
Anyone planning on going here this weekend or is everyone going to Ashtons?

I hear there is a DWAS competition.

Pamster.
x

Mary
3rd-December-2003, 03:00 PM
We thought we might give it a go.

M

frodo
4th-December-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Pammy
Anyone planning on going here this weekend or is everyone going to Ashtons?

I hear there is a DWAS competition.

Pamster.
x

Is Ashtons running this weekend ? I don't see it in the Ceroc London diary page.

Will
5th-December-2003, 01:57 PM
Does anyone know where and when this Beaconsfield event is? Their website doesn't seem to be up to date.

Cheers :cheers:

Mary
5th-December-2003, 02:24 PM
The Curzon Centre in Beaconsfield.

From M40 J2. Follow signs to Beaconsfield on A355. As you some into Beaconsfield, take 2nd exit at mini roundabout (sp Amersham A355). Turn L into Maxwell road after half a mile. Curzon centre is about 100 yards on the L.

Starts at 8, DWAS at 9. Email to let them know you are going (they ask). thedanceinn@hotmail.com

LilyB
5th-December-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Will
Does anyone know where and when this Beaconsfield event is? Their website doesn't seem to be up to date.

Cheers :cheers: Which website is that? I can't find any info at all on this dance in Beaconsfield. Can someone assist?

The other alternative we were looking at is the charity dance in Hove Town Hall, with N&N teaching (don't know if they are doing cabaret).

LilyB

Will
5th-December-2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks Mary :kiss:

Will
5th-December-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by LilyB
Which website is that? I can't find any info at all on this dance in Beaconsfield. Can someone assist?
LilyB

The website I found is www.thedanceinn.co.uk but it isn't very helpful.

ChrisA
5th-December-2003, 02:37 PM
The other alternative we were looking at is the charity dance in Hove Town Hall, with N&N teaching (don't know if they are doing cabaret).

LilyB
It would appear they are (http://www.pjproms.demon.co.uk/2003.htm)

They'll be exhausted, though, if they do an all-day workshop, plus a lesson, plus a cabaret. I'm exhausted already, just contemplating it...

We'll be there... hope to see you.

Chris

Sheepman
5th-December-2003, 02:52 PM
Anyone planning on going here Sheepy will be there, but no Mrs.

Greg

LilyB
6th-December-2003, 03:13 PM
So, who's definitely going there tonight? I can't get more details on this dance other than what Mary has told us in her post (thanks M!) and a brief entry on Lynda's List. Would be helpful to know the entry price & what time it finishes. No info at all on their website and no answer on the phone number given. :sad:

Yet another option is Rebel Roc's excellent monthly dance at the HG Wells Centre in Woking.

LilyB

Lounge Lizard
6th-December-2003, 06:13 PM
So, who's definitely going there tonight? I can't get more details on this dance other than what Mary has told us in her post (thanks M!) and a brief entry on Lynda's List. Would be helpful to know the entry price & what time it finishes. No info at all on their website and no answer on the phone number given. :sad:

Yet another option is Rebel Roc's excellent monthly dance at the HG Wells Centre in Woking.

LilyB I will be at Hove Town Hall, having spent 15 hours driving to and from venues since last Monday it will be nice to go to a local venue (well 35 min drive EW)
C U there

Will
7th-December-2003, 03:53 AM
Guys,

Forget Champs in London, Blackpool, Edinburgh, Brighton & Bristol. Tonight I found out that the real biggie is the DWAS at Beaconsfield. WOW!

Enough can't be said about this event - Top Judges, Top Dancers, Top Food.... But cutting to the chase.... The RESULTS!!!

The Judges were Lily & David Barker so if you don't like any of the results, PM me and I'll give you their home address :wink:

1st Place and 6 week world cruise on the QE2 The Sheepman & Rachel

2nd Place and 1 week in Barrow-in-Furnace Brown Underpants-Man & Stephanie

3rd Place and 2 weeks in Barrow-in-Furnace Tony & (can't remember her name - but Pammy knows her)

The standard of dancing was on the whole the best standard I have ever seen in any dance competition. The Sheepman & Rachel looked like winners from the off. Sheer fluidity of movement, depth of floorcraft, subtlety of movement, connection, it was all there.

I bumped into the winning male afterwards in the Gents where he was trying to squeeze out a urine sample for the judges, so I quickly got his reaction to his and Rachels win, suffice to say that he was ecstatic and overcome with emotion.

No idea who the bloke was who got 2nd other than that he was pants. Seemed to spend more time flirting with the judges (both of them - he didn't seem fussy) in between rounds than anything else. I can only assume that's how he got placed. His partner, Stephanie, was good though.

3rd - Tony & Partner, a competent display of dancing and probably worthy of 2nd.

Finally congratulations to the organisers who coped admirably by putting on a wonderful spread of food at no extra cost - including Crisps (of varying flavours), cakes, pastries, chicken nuggets, mini hashed browns, Quiche, BEAUTIFUL!!! :drool:

A great showing for forumites once again!

TheTramp
7th-December-2003, 11:08 AM
2nd Place and 1 week in Barrow-in-Furnace [b]Brown Underpants-Man So then Will. Just how did you know this??

(The fact that he has brown underpants. Not the fact that he came 2nd that is) :na:

Steve

Mary
7th-December-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
So then Will. Just how did you know this??

(The fact that he has brown underpants. Not the fact that he came 2nd that is) :na:

Steve

Probably because he had to wash them when he got home last night :D :D , and I don't think it had anything to do with nerves :devil: :devil:

M

TheTramp
7th-December-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Probably because he had to wash them when he got home last night :D :D , and I don't think it had anything to do with nerves :devil: :devil: Okie. So now I'm sorry that I asked!! :what:

Steve

Mary
7th-December-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Okie. So now I'm sorry that I asked!! :what:

Steve

Ooops. Sorry Steve. That came out all wrong.:blush:

Thank you Will for that colourful and accurate account of last nights event. Can't wait to review the hightlights. I am also very familiar with Barrow-in-Furnace!:D

M

Lory
7th-December-2003, 08:34 PM
1st Place and 6 week world cruise on the QE2 The Sheepman & Rachel

Congratulations Greg and Rachel!!

A CRUISE? WOW! :grin:

ChrisA
7th-December-2003, 11:12 PM
I bumped into the winning male afterwards in the Gents where he was trying to squeeze out a urine sample for the judges
I hope you both washed your hands... :devil: :what:

DavidB
7th-December-2003, 11:25 PM
I bumped into the winning male afterwards in the Gents where he was trying to squeeze out a urine sample for the judges I thought the orange juice Will gave me tasted a bit funny...

Pammy
8th-December-2003, 10:43 AM
Enough can't be said about this event - Top Judges, Top Dancers, Top Food....

It was just a shame that the rest of us didn't get the chance to sample the food; Will had eaten it all :tears: Well, I think he did leave me one jammie dodger at the end :blush:

Great night though; had a real laugh.

Tony was great up there :cheers:

My partner Russ was a real laugh too and Helen and I both had a great time...

David, Lily & Willster did a mighty find job of passing on the 'Deen flu as well; nothing like sharing eh guys ? :wink:

Px

Rachel
8th-December-2003, 12:27 PM
Wow, what a post, Will! It was a great night on Saturday, though, wasn't it? I'd definitely go to another of their dances. I hear they might be having a dance on Boxing Day, same venue, if there's enough interest.

I'm still in shock from the competition - the only competition I've ever done before that was the DWAS in Blackpool this year where I was knocked out in the first round. I was the last person to put their name down for Saturday's competition, as they were still desperate for women, but I still nearly changed my mind twice.

Still, I couldn't really go wrong with Sheepman, could I? Talk about lucky dip!! He was fantastic and would have won with anyone. And he did an amazing job of covering for my nervousness - I was shaking all the way through!

I'm amazed you could dance at all, Will, let alone get placed in the competition, given how ill you were feeling. Good stuff! I do sympathise - I was ill all last week and couldn't dance. Hope you and David and Lily and everyone else get better really soon.

My biggest problem now is that, before the competition, I made a bet with Marc that, if I won, I'd compete with him in Blackpool. Of course I said yes, cos there was no way I thought I'd get past the first round. But March is a while away yet - he might have forgotten by then ...

Rachel

Pammy
8th-December-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
My biggest problem now is that, before the competition, I made a bet with Marc that, if I won, I'd compete with him in Blackpool. Of course I said yes, cos there was no way I thought I'd get past the first round. But March is a while away yet - he might have forgotten by then ...

Not a problem; you looked great up there, and if you was nervous, you hid it incredibly well. Loved that dress too!

Pammy
x

Rachel
8th-December-2003, 12:42 PM
Not a problem; you looked great up there, and if you was nervous, you hid it incredibly well. Loved that dress too!

Pammy
x Oh Pammy, thank you! Nervous? I was terrified!!! And that was only a small friendly competition.... Think what I'd be like at Blackpool - jelly legs!

You looked great too, by the way - gorgeous skirt!!

Sheepman
8th-December-2003, 02:57 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just picked myself off the floor after catching up with this thread, of course every word of it is true!!!

Rachel, you didn't tell me about that bet with Marc, maybe you were avoiding piling the pressure on me! (There again maybe I should forget all thoughts of competing right now if you'll be dancing with Marc!)

A great showing for forumites once again!

Not only that, but ALL the finalist couples included Hipster's regulars.

And M, I still haven't worked out what had to be washed out of those brown pants, but there again, I'm not sure I want you to be more specific :sick:

Greg

Pammy
8th-December-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Not only that, but ALL the finalist couples included Hipster's regulars.

Or rather, they were all Sters; we should've worn the shirts and shocked everyone! A quick switch of outfit ready for the final! :rofl:

Will
8th-December-2003, 03:15 PM
[BAnd M, I still haven't worked out what had to be washed out of those brown pants, but there again, I'm not sure I want you to be more specific :sick: [/B]
Let's just call it "Nerves" shall we, and leave it at that!

Rachel
8th-December-2003, 04:59 PM
Rachel, you didn't tell me about that bet with Marc, maybe you were avoiding piling the pressure on me! (There again maybe I should forget all thoughts of competing right now if you'll be dancing with Marc!)
Greg Ah well, at the time it was just a flippant comment that I didn't really think about - 'Yeah yeah, alright, you're on ...' It was only after the competition that it hit me what I'd said! But in truth, I don't think he'll hold me to it. There are plenty of other dancers who could compete with Marc. Especially as he'd have to enter the advanced, and I'm not up to that.

Don't worry, Greg - I've got years of practise before I could be any competition to you and Mary.... Would rather be with you than against you!!
R.

Sheepman
8th-December-2003, 05:15 PM
he'd have to enter the advanced, and I'm not up to that. If there's anybody here who agrees with that, please stand up and be counted! :devil:

. . .

Greg

TheTramp
8th-December-2003, 05:16 PM
I'm with you Sheepy.

Rachel is a lovely dancer, and well up to advanced standard :D

(Now, please can I get a space or two on your dance card then Rachel?? :D )

Steve

Lory
8th-December-2003, 05:22 PM
Did anyone take any photo's? I'd love to see!
:nice:

Sheepman
8th-December-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Lory
Did anyone take any photo's? I'd love to see!
:nice: The only flashing I saw was the man with brown pants in the gents! As far as I know, no photos, no video :tears:

Just memories :nice:

Greg

Lory
8th-December-2003, 05:35 PM
The only flashing I saw was the man with brown pants in the gents!
Greg

Too much info :what: :rofl:

Pammy
8th-December-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Lory
Did anyone take any photo's?

Moi :hug:

Neil
9th-December-2003, 01:31 AM
Especially as he'd have to enter the advanced, and I'm not up to that Blimey, Rachel, if modesty were an Olympic sport, you'd be a cert for a Gold medal :D

If you're not advanced, then who is? I can't wait to see you and Marc compete in Blackpool :)

Neil

Mary
9th-December-2003, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Blimey, Rachel, if modesty were an Olympic sport, you'd be a cert for a Gold medal :D

If you're not advanced, then who is? I can't wait to see you and Marc compete in Blackpool :)

Neil

Yeah Rachel. You can't pull that false modesty thing on us any longer - you've been rumbled gal.:wink: :wink:

:hug: M

ChrisA
9th-December-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Mary
Yeah Rachel. You can't pull that false modesty thing on us any longer - you've been rumbled gal.:wink: :wink:

Mster, you seem to be the chief rumbler...

You better be careful - I still have THAT PHOTO. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Mary
9th-December-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
Mster, you seem to be the chief rumbler...

You better be careful - I still have THAT PHOTO. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Noooooooooooo. Please, anything but that!!!:tears: :tears: :tears:

Mster

Rachel
9th-December-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Neil
If you're not advanced, then who is? ... Lily (wow!!!), Kate, Debs, ....... To name just a tiny few of the most incredible dancers I've seen. I could spend a lifetime practising 24-hrs a day and never hope to be at their standard. And no, it's honestly not false modesty. Have you ever noticed the look of panic on my face when a guy gives me room to improvise??!!! But it's all good fun, and that's the whole point ...

Hey, are you at Nottingham on Sat, Neil? We'll be there - Marc's teaching.
Rachel

Sheepman
9th-December-2003, 01:43 PM
Have you ever noticed the look of panic on my face when a guy gives me room to improvise Rachel, how do you manage to keep that big smile going through all this panic and self doubt? One of the great things about dancing with you is how happy you look, and who else is as good at that? Oh yes, Lily! :waycool:

Greg

Rachel
9th-December-2003, 03:28 PM
Rachel, how do you manage to keep that big smile going through all this panic and self doubt? One of the great things about dancing with you is how happy you look, and who else is as good at that? Oh yes, Lily! :waycool:

Greg Oh I'm usually having brilliant fun (especially when dancing with you) - even when I'm panicking!

I also happen to be one of those awful people who can't help laughing when nervous. Not good in certain circumstances!!

Neil
9th-December-2003, 04:36 PM
And no, it's honestly not false modesty Oh, I know your modesty is quite genuine. Your modesty is not false, Rachel, it's just unjustified. :)

BTW, congratulations to you and Greg on your victory :D

:cheers:

Neil

(re Nottm, I shall start a new thread...)