PDA

View Full Version : Dancing on The Trafalgar Square Plinth!

Astro
3rd-August-2009, 05:13 PM
Is their room to dance on there?

Simon Selmon managed to get allocated a slot on Antony Gormley's Plinth.

It will be at 1am on Thursday 13th August.

(That's actually a wednesday night)

MarkW
3rd-August-2009, 05:47 PM

<snip>

Who knows? But don't worry, I'm sure that one day your plinth will come.

And for that I deserve ... :WetHaddock:

Feelingpink
3rd-August-2009, 05:57 PM

Simon Selmon managed to get allocated a slot on Antony Gormley's Plinth.

It will be at 1am on Thursday 13th August.

(That's actually a wednesday night)That will make a change from people waving placards and turning the thing into Speakers Corner. Am totally bored with people shouting about their favourite cause - haven't watched anyone for more than a week.

Not sure about him dancing, though. Since he can't take a partner, not sure what he would do.

Astro
3rd-August-2009, 06:29 PM
Not sure about him dancing, though. Since he can't take a partner, not sure what he would do.

It says on the newsletter that he will be -

"playing music, dancing, talking a little about the history of dances, sharing an anecdote or two about some of the original dancers he has had the honour of meeting, and who knows, he may even throw in a bit of a class for anyone watching online. http://www.oneandother.co.uk

He will also have his mobile phone with him. 07932 775886 for texts.

MarkW
3rd-August-2009, 06:29 PM
That will make a change from people waving placards and turning the thing into Speakers Corner. Am totally bored with people shouting about their favourite cause - haven't watched anyone for more than a week.

I saw Simon Selmon dance by himself in the teachers' cabaret at a Rock Bottoms weekender a few years ago. He was good then and so should be good entertainment when he's performing :cheers:

Astro
3rd-August-2009, 06:32 PM
Ha Ha

Is that CJ up there now? :eek::D:D

There looks to be quite a bit of room up there for dancing.

straycat
3rd-August-2009, 11:06 PM

It seems that Swing Patrol's Scott Cupit has beaten Simon to it on that one (http://swingpatrol.co.uk/news-item/462/scottie-and-the-team-swings-it-out-in-trafalgar-square.php).... so I'd say it would seem so....

Astro
4th-August-2009, 02:33 PM
So... is anyone going on the 13th? :eyebrow: