PDA

View Full Version : Charity Dance at Bourbon st Glasgow

michael
1st-December-2003, 02:34 PM
Well done to Francis (both of them) for organising a great wee dance night at Bourbon st.

I have never been to a dance that offered soooo much, i mean doughnuts, crisps, chocolate cakes if you could grab them before chocolate smoothie devoured them, nuts and loads of little thingies that had you drinking eating and dancing non stop:yum:

Did i forget to mention the fabulous DJ (DD you play and LOOK the part so well)

Great wee raffle with plenty of prizes (me thinks all money must have been used on prizes) and not just cause i won a giant bottle of champagne:D

Oh also a large giant screen for those that wanted to see how their dancing looked on video (scared to look!)

Thanks to all the fabby dances and sorry to those i missed. Me got told it was on till three:what:

I gather this will be a monthly dance night :waycool:

TheTramp
1st-December-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by michael
I gather this will be a monthly dance night :waycool: Sounds like it was a good night....

Will the monthly night be on the same weekend as the Glasgow party (assuming that it's going to stay on a Sunday night)? That way, anyone coming from afar would be able to come down, stay over, and go to both dances :D

Steve

michael
1st-December-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Sounds like it was a good night....

Will the monthly night be on the same weekend as the Glasgow party (assuming that it's going to stay on a Sunday night)? That way, anyone coming from afar would be able to come down, stay over, and go to both dances :D

Steve

Dont know yet Steve but i think (as usual) you make a good case for having it on the same weekend as the Glasgow monthly Dance. Find out on Wednesday night probably. One thing though is that the dance floor is not large so maybe limited in that respect

Me's still all hyped up and over excited about this new Glasgow Venue (Jumping Jacks) Just hope i am not going to be disappointed:drool:

Dance Demon
1st-December-2003, 05:13 PM
Well done to Frances & Frances for a great wee night. The resident DJ let me loose in his DJ box for an hour. and I had great fun watching all the dancing from on high:D . I am sure it was announced that it was going to be on the first Sunday of the month every month in the new year. Good luck with the venue. nice wee place:cheers:

michael
1st-December-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Well done to Frances & Frances for a great wee night. The resident DJ let me loose in his DJ box for an hour. and I had great fun watching all the dancing from on high:D . I am sure it was announced that it was going to be on the first Sunday of the month every month in the new year. Good luck with the venue. nice wee place:cheers:

Oh goodness someone tell me i have not gone and done it again

Have i spelt both their names WRONG AGAIN:blush: :tears:

DS You are slow off the mark this time (Thank god):devil:

Stuart M
1st-December-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by michael
Oh goodness someone tell me i have not gone and done it again

Have i spelt both their names WRONG AGAIN:blush: :tears:

I think we should get one of those lovely ladies to change her name to Josephine by deed poll. Francie & Josie is so much easier to say than Frances & Frances...:devil:

Wasn't there long but, smallish dancefloor aside :sad:, it seemed a night with potential.

And michael, I agree the idea of a screen where you can see yourself dancing was pretty scary. I've only seen myself dancing on video once, and I learned more than I wanted to :sorry

Tiggerbabe
1st-December-2003, 10:26 PM
Just a wee point - the thread says Charity Dance, it was advertised as a Charity Dance and yet no-one's mentioned the charity that's to benefit from the money raised.
Does anyone know and fancy sharing? :cheers:

Dance Demon
1st-December-2003, 10:40 PM
I do believe that it was for Twinkle Toes Himalayas trek for Cancer research Sheena....at least that's what I've heard , but I could be wrong:confused: