PDA

View Full Version : Summer Madness

filthycute
7th-August-2002, 01:48 AM
I heard the next Aberdeen party on the 17th august was a theme.....being "Summer madness" OK so now i'm stumped......what to wear, what to wear...:confused: can it be like an all out beach party kinda costume?, coz me personally was thinking of going for the sarong, kinda look.

Any ideas.??......

filthycute x x

Gus
7th-August-2002, 08:00 AM
At the Stockport Beach Party freestyle even Viktor wore a sarong. We tried (unsuccesfully) to persuade Lydia that the real theme was St. Tropez ...... we live in hope.

Given Amanda's predeliction for nude Ceroc, maybe topless Cerco would be a step in the 'right' dircetion?:yum:

PS ... at Stockport a number of ladies were dancing in bikinis .... can be a bit distracting, and not always for good reasons.

Franck
7th-August-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by filthycute
I heard the next Aberdeen party on the 17th august was a theme.....being "Summer madness" OK so now i'm stumped......what to wear, what to wear...:confused: can it be like an all out beach party kinda costume?, coz me personally was thinking of going for the sarong, kinda look. Hi fc,

In fact, both the Glasgow (Saturday 10th August) and the Aberdeen (Saturday 17th August) parties will be themed for Summer madness... :waycool:
As with all themes, I am not trying to be restrictive, so pretty much anything that you think fits the theme will do, the idea is to inspire you all to wear different outfits from the usual...
Some people have suggested that I was just trying to get the girls in bikinis, but I would like to quash that rumour right away :wink:
So, Sarongs, shorts, sun-specs, bucket and spade, Hawaiian shirts, anything goes! :yum:

Both nights will be hot in any event, with a Beginners fun class to match the summer madness theme!

Franck.

apples
7th-August-2002, 12:27 PM
maybe you can help me out gus since you've been to a "summer madness" theme night before...but what kind of footwear did the guys wear...I mean shorts and shoes make you look like a complete ****....I mean I could wear a "bikini and high heels" ...uuhhmm...but then that might appear too distracting for you for a completely different set of reasons...I have been offered a red seeexxxy dress but my dancing in high heels hasn't progressed to public viewing yet...so seriously what footwear???;)

Gus
7th-August-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by apples
I mean shorts and shoes make you look like a complete ****.Apples, I'm sorry to say that no male dance footwear goes well with shorts ... if God had meant men to dnace in shorts he would have given us legs worth looking at. I compromised and wore my dance pumps (Blochs) WITHOUT socks (socks and shorts are even more a no-no). Viktor may have been onto something in wearing a sarong. Beckham got away with it and it has been noted that make haggiseaters seem to be less sensitive about waering skirts than their southern cousins.....

CJ
9th-August-2002, 12:58 AM
Depends on wether or not I can find a straight jacket or not :eek: but plan B is to wear trunks complete with snorkel and flippers. Addmitedly, I don't dance too often but it could be the answer to all the footwear dilemmae.

That straight jacket seems more appealing...........if only they would let me out of it @ the end of the night again.:what:

CJ
9th-August-2002, 01:02 AM
On the other hand, I don't think Sarah has any sarong type things she can land me, but I do know, from experience, I could fit into her 1 piece swimming cossy ok.

That would cover both the "Summer" and the "madness"

Quick, some one call the yellow van.........:sick:

Janet
9th-August-2002, 01:43 PM
CJ, how about brushing off the old donkey ears & tail and coming as Bottom? He created more than a little 'summer madness' if I remember rightly. :D

Janet

ps One-piece swimming costumes are WAY too hot! :wink:

Franck
17th-August-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by filthycute
I heard the next Aberdeen party on the 17th august was a theme.....being "Summer madness" OK so now i'm stumped......what to wear, what to wear...:confused: can it be like an all out beach party kinda costume?, coz me personally was thinking of going for the sarong, kinda look. Well, today is the day... after a bit of busking (al fresco) in the granite streets of Aberdeen :nice: , the Summer Madness Party is upon us! :really:
I hope you have your Sarongs / bikini all ready!!!
I gather it will be scorching.

Anyone wanting to join us for a spot of busking in Aberdeen, we are meeting at 12.30pm outside Marks & Spencer in the city centre and should dance for a couple of hours before getting well deserved drinks... :cheers:

If you can't make it this afternoon, remember to arrive on time for the party tonight so we can all have a great night right from the start!

Franck.