PDA

View Full Version : Stompin' in Brighton 2004 (27/28 March)

stompin' phil
29th-November-2003, 03:49 PM
Hello forumites

I have just signed up on the Ceroc forum this week and I am treading gently around the threads a waiting my moment to spring in to action with a burst of northern humour but sadly but also happily I emigrated to the south coast several years ago.

Whilst that grain of sand that is amongst all the beaches of the world decides to rise I thought I should let people know of a charity event that is coming up next year to raise funds for the Mencap charity.
I have been a dancer for over five years and I thought it would be a great opportunity to dance, smile and raise funds at the same time for charity and the Mencap cause.

I organise 4 charity events a year with the largest been Stompin' in Brighton.
So far I have raised £11,250 for Mencap and it is my aim to raise an additional £15,000 by the time of Stompin' in Brighton 2004 in March comes around.

I feel last year's Stompin in Brighton seemed a success due to the positive response via emails etc and the money we raised.
When you look at the teachers and djs who were at Stompin I n Brighton 2003 I feel this years will be even bigger and better.
The weekend logic is to cover a wide selection of different dance styles by experts in their own field that will also include bringing teachers and djs from all corners of the globe if possible. Its not an original idea but I want to create an atmosphere and buzz which gives everyone a smile through out the whole week end and that “feel good” factor.
The numbers are strictly limited and are in no way near the size of the major successful weekends considering the talent that will be on show in March 2004.
I think enough of my introduction and if you read the names below I’m sure it's enough to wet your appetite.
More information will be posted as it comes in on www.eventsforcharity.co.uk

The booking form is all ready on the site and there will be a full colour brochure with pictures etc back from the printers next week. If you want any further info you can contact me on phil@eventsforcharity.co.uk or the forum.

I recommend you look at www.brighton.co.uk for accommodation.
Book early and you get the best choices and prices.

For £10 deposit you get 2 days & evening dances, 60 workshops, 5 dance floors, 50 teachers & djs.

Last years event sold out.
So has Fred Pontin once said “book early” whilst sticking his thumb up!

Keep on Stompin'

Stompin' Phil

Phil Duckett

TEACHERS

ADAM NATHANSON, ANDY & RENA, AMIR & KATE, CAROLA DEGENER PEREIRA, COLIN & JANNEKE, DAVID & LILY BARKER, GRAEME & ANN, GUS & HELEN, JOHN SWEENEY, JOSEPH & TRISH, JULIAN & NICKY, JULIE ORAM, MARK WILSON & JACKIE ROBBINS, MARTIN & NATALIE, MICK WENGER & CYNTY JACOBS, MIKEY, NELSON ROSE & KAREN HILL, NIGEL & NINA, NICK KIRBY, NICKY HASLAM & ROBERT WINTER, PETER PHILLIPS, ROGER CHIN, SARAH & GRAHAM, SHERIF, SIMON SELMON, STEVE LAMPERT,VIKTOR ANDEKE

DJS
COLIN SHAUL, JOHN BRETT, JOHN MILLER, NELSON ROSE, NICK KIRBY, NIGEL ANDERSON, PAUL AMOS, PETER PHILLIPS, PHIL DUCKETT.

Andy McGregor
29th-November-2003, 05:08 PM
I've been to Stompin' and can't recommend them highly enough. Everyone is having a brilliant time and the dance in the evening on the Saturday is like a Who's Who? of jive. Fantastic:waycool:

And if you've ever met Phil you will understand why he chose Mencap to support. The guy is manic:wink:

stompin' phil
26th-January-2004, 08:50 PM
Just a little reminder for those who are interested in booking the Stompin' in Brighton weekender 27/28th March you have untill 16th Feb to get the discounted price. After this the price goes up
So you've been warned!

Check the post above for all the teachers and djs who are coming.
With out blowing a trumpet
This is not an animal of a weekend.......it's a zoo ready to be released.

5 classes going on at the same time for 2 days.
60 in total
All under one roof

Booking forms are on www.eventsforcharity.co.uk or email me your address and i'll post a nice glossy one to you with all the teachers and djs in full colour.

Keep on Stompin'

Stompin phil

ps www.brighton.co.uk (for all your accomodation requirements)

Jon L
26th-January-2004, 10:19 PM
This event last year was a stormer. and this year the teaching line up looks even better.

Hove TH is a nice venue.

stompin' phil
19th-February-2004, 12:35 PM
Below is an update email i have just sent to every one on the Stompin' data base

Hi Dancers and Stompers.

The deadline for the discounted rate for all the Stompin' in Brighton 2004 packages have now passed and thank you for sending in your cheques via post and the odd one pushed through the letter box.

A woman's love is not to be messed about with so when you get your ear bent with words.....

"Don't be so cruel Phil......you're a hard man.........give them a little longer......it's the time of the month!........

Well I now know what's good for me and I value my life. So I've extended the discounted rate for all the Stompin' packages until Wednesday 10th March which now incorporates various jive events around the country starting from this weekend to pick up your Stompin' brochure and booking form.

I must be a soppy so and so as I get older but as Alison said "every one will benefit"(so if you see her at Stompin' I think she likes red wine if she's saved you money!)

As the confirmations come in I will note the date by the envelope and from Wednesday 10th March the rate will increase.
So you now have no excuse to book so spread the word via your friends.email list or if you are a teacher please announce it in the class and bring the gang.
I will also be at various events during this period so come and find me as I will take bookings and money there (saves postage) I some times wear a Bertie Bassett tie or similar item of liquorice allsorts clothing. (I think he should have a family.....the Jelly babies do!)

The Stompin' in Brighton line up of teachers and djs are second to none and every one is up for it are you!

Booking forms are on www.eventsforcharity.co.uk

Or email me your Home address and i will forward a brochure to you.

Keep on Stompin'

Phil Duckett
Alison Cooke

phil@eventsforcharity.co.uk

or ring me Ph 07860 709751

stompin' phil
24th-February-2004, 09:28 AM
We have now even added 2 further teachers to our collection of already bursting at the seams great teachers at Stompin' in Brighton 2004.

50 teachers, 60 workshops, 5 classes at the same time.

Martin Elliot & Ren Lexander are both from Australia.

Martin is a regular contributor to the forum (Martin) and also these shores after teaching in the UK for several years before moving to Australia.

Their classes will include:

Non-strength Ariel’s & Latin style Ceroc.
Their stage partner for both classes will be our one and only the sensational Lily Barker. :kiss:

The full line up off teachers is on the website.

Note...We only have a few places left for the all day workshops. Do not forget we have held the discounted price until 10th March. The booking forms are on the website

Keep on Stompin'

Phil Duckett

stompin' phil
18th-March-2004, 06:55 PM
Hi Stompin' disciples

It is now only 10 days before the South coast explodes with the pilgrimage of Stompin' Stompers.

We have 24 places left for the whole Stompin' 2 day package , 16 places left for the Sat day only workshops and 26 for the Sunday only workshops. All booking forms are on www.eventsforcharity.co.uk With one of the best line ups of teachers in the uk and beyond I'm sure you will learn something new.

We have good news and we have bad news.

The Bad news is that Joseph & Trish will not be able make the Stompin' weekend due to a prior booking in Paris.
The Good news is that we have been able to secure at great expense Martin Elliott and Ren Lexander from Australia. Many of you will have seen Martin in the past at various jive events.Originally he used to teach Jive on the South coast before the sounds of Sydney called him 5 yrs ago. I also hope you give a warm welcome to Ren (don't mention the Rugby!)

For those who feel full of energy we have also been able and honoured to secure a rare appearance of Tas & Adam doing a fantastic Hip Hop class.(Bring lots of Lucozade.....I noticed they were 2 for £1.09 in Alldays tonight!)

Saturday 27th March
We are holding 250 tickets on the door (£12 each) for the Saturday night Gala (8pm till 2am) With 3 different rooms and dance floors all under one roof Each room will be dedicated to playing either Modern Jive, Swing/Rockin' Blues or the Slow smooth & Easy Blues room. I'm sure you will find something to whet your appetite.

If you wish to book your tickets in advance please send £10 by Wednesday 24th March and then contact me by Friday ring 07860 709751 to confirm I have received your cheque. The tickets will be on the door in the evening.

Any one who has all ready sent money in for tickets these will also be on the front door in the evening.

To book advance evening tickets you must fill out a booking form per person with all your details. http://www.pjproms.demon.co.uk/stomp-book.htm

With 700+ people there last year the place was ROCKIN'

Don't miss it!

Sunday 28th March

The evening dance (8pm till midnight) is £8 per ticket on the door

Besides all the workshops available over the weekend you can also obtain all your shoes and clothes accessories that you will ever need through the 2 merchandise stalls that are displaying here this weekend.Email today to make sure they have what you want in stock and make sure they bring it down. (saves postage)

David Martin www.kingdomofdance.co.uk or sales@kingdomofdance.co.uk

Jennie www.customclothes.co.uk or JCUSTOMCLOTHES@aol.com

Keep on Stompin'

Phil Duckett

stompin' phil
22nd-March-2004, 12:54 AM
Hi Fellow Stompers.
The programme schedule is now on
http://www.eventsforcharity.co.uk site

Link....http://www.pjproms.demon.co.uk/timetable.html

We have a hand full of places left for the Full Stompin packages as well as the day workshops.
Booking forms are on the website.

We have also put 250 extra tickets on the front door for people who wish to come to the Gala Saturday night so you can pay on the night (£12) open 8pm till 2am

Keep on Stompin'

Phil

TheTramp
23rd-March-2004, 12:09 PM
OKie. So, it's only 3 days away.

WHO'S GOING?? :D

Trampy

Katie
23rd-March-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp

Trampy

I will be there for the saturday evening!

Save me a few dances trampy....

Kate :flower:

Andy McGregor
23rd-March-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
OKie. So, it's only 3 days away.

Trampy

I think it's just about everyone.

It might be easier to ask who's not going?

TheTramp
23rd-March-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Katie
I will be there for the saturday evening!

Save me a few dances trampy....
But of course....

Looking forward to seeing you :flower:

Trampy

Tiggerbabe
23rd-March-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
who's not going?
Me! :wink:

stompin' phil
24th-March-2004, 12:02 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Andy McGregor
who's not going?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me! :wink:

:tears::tears::tears::tears:

Maybe next year

Phil

Tiggerbabe
24th-March-2004, 12:36 AM
Well, you never know :D will I see you at Rock Bottoms? :hug:

stompin' phil
24th-March-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Well, you never know :D will I see you at Rock Bottoms? :hug:

No unfortunatley i'm taking my son on a rugby tour to Suffolk that weekend with the club he plays for (Worthing under 11's). A dad & son bonding thing.:cheers:

I'm sure we will meet one day Sheena :flower:

Phil
ps You'll enjoy Rockbottoms

Minnie M
24th-March-2004, 09:11 AM
I am still in Birthday mode - am looking forward to the Stompin weekend, got lots of birthday dances to catch up with :flower: :clap: :cheers: :hug: (have you noticed I am still wearing my party dress:wink: )

Minnie M :kiss: :hug:

stompin' phil
24th-March-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Minnie M
(have you noticed I am still wearing my party dress:wink: )
Are you wearing your birthday suit!!!!!!:really:

Phil

Minnie M
24th-March-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by stompin' phil
(have you noticed I am still wearing my party dress:wink: )

Are you wearing your birthday suit!!!!!!:really:

Phil

I was talking about Minnie - she is wearing her bestest outfit for Lynda's birthday - whereas Lynda should be wearing her birthday suit as it is easier to wash off all those chocolait stains :wink: (got so many 'choccie' presents - I am in chocolait heaven) -and you thought I was fat before :blush:

Mind you been dancing each night to helps burn calories off - off to Hipsters tonight - not sure of tomorrow - Friday at the Winning Post AND SATURDAY I will be stompin.........................

stompin' phil
26th-March-2004, 01:28 PM
All workshop places are now full but we have Evening tickets still available for the Sat and Sunday evenings

We are leaving 250 tickets on the door for on the night people

Sat £12
Sun £8

Sat 8pm -2am
Sun 8pm- midnight.

Free car park across the rd

Happy Stompin':D

Phil

Minnie M
28th-March-2004, 11:14 AM
Wow ! :clap: :clap:

What a night and there is still tonight to come ! :clap: :clap:

The best Pound I have ever spent :wink: thank you Gus for that amazing dance :worthy: not to mention the :yum:pound dance with DavidB - and the smooooooooth luffly dance with ChrisA

Roll on tonight :cheers: (gonna seek Brady out :wink: ) - still got lots of birthday dances to collect :whistle:

Gus
28th-March-2004, 08:14 PM

........not to mention the :yum:pound dance with

Think you may need to explain the basis of this final transaction in return for 'services rendered' .... people may speculate:blush:

Minnie M
29th-March-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Gus
Think you may need to explain the basis of this final transaction in return for 'services rendered' .... people may speculate:blush:

:rofl: :rofl:

Sheepman
29th-March-2004, 09:51 AM
The best Pound I have ever spent

Still got my ticket in my pocket, maybe I'll try it on Nigel tomorrow night, but he didn't seem too keen when I asked him on Saturday! Had some fab dances, don't you find it annoying when people can just do a new style of dance after only one lesson? E.g. Tas, who is awesome at West Coast after one lesson.

I did a few things that night I've never done before, and a few that I never want to do again, like having to turn down Nina for a second dance, how mad was that!!! (I was already "booked" for the next one.)

Originally posted by Lounge Lizard
yup, providing you remind me Oops, forgot to ask you for "Monday Morning" but no matter, that blues set you played Saturday was brilliant. :clap:
(Not too sure I was so keen on your new track - the last one - in a blues set though, I preferred it in Jive.)

Greg

ChrisA
29th-March-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
and a few that I never want to do again, like having to turn down Nina for a second dance, how mad was that!!!

You poor dear, it's so sad to see you suffer like this... :rolleyes:

Lounge Lizard
29th-March-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Sheepman
Still got my ticket in my pocket, maybe I'll try it on Nigel tomorrow night, but he didn't seem too keen when I asked him on Saturday! Had some fab dances, don't you find it annoying when people can just do a new style of dance after only one lesson? E.g. Tas, who is awesome at West Coast after one lesson.

I did a few things that night I've never done before, and a few that I never want to do again, like having to turn down Nina for a second dance, how mad was that!!! (I was already "booked" for the next one.)

Oops, forgot to ask you for "Monday Morning" but no matter, that blues set you played Saturday was brilliant. :clap:
(Not too sure I was so keen on your new track - the last one - in a blues set though, I preferred it in Jive.)

Greg
I know, just an excuse to play it again as most of my jive set I gave to JB cos of early finish
it was a gentle 'wake up time to go home now' type of track

p

stompin' phil
29th-March-2004, 06:27 PM
Hello Fellow Dancers

I would like to thank every one who came to one or both of the Stompin' evening dances or the day workshops.
My legs and feet are still throbbing! We all must have walked miles & miles up and down the stairs between classes at the weekend. (Going to check the bathroom scales!

The Saturday night was filled with dancers from all corners of the country. The Stompin' teachers cabaret which consisted of them dancing 2 records of free style was out of this world which was equally matched by the cheering and enthusiastic audience.
The good & bad news

The bad news was that due to the clocks going forward at 1am(Summer time) we lost an hours dancing I apologise for those travelling long distances as well as the 700+ people still on the dance floor when it finished.

This was enforced by a new government law which came in last year.In previous years the clocks went forward at 2am to 3am but since last year they have moved this forward to 1am.(Within 1 min we lost an hour!)The venue management adhered to this so it was totally out of my hands.

The good news was that we raised £15,461 for the mencap charity.

Thank you all for your support.

Stompin' in Brighton 2005 date is:
Sat/Sun 19th & 20th February

Make a note in your diary

We will keep you updated soon with a new project with Viktor teaching in Brighton every Friday starting Friday 16th April

Next charity dance

Sat 12th June
Hove Town hall
8pm 1am
During the day is an Advance Jive workshop with Viktor (Limited spaces available)

Keep on Stompin' & Smilin' :-)

Phil Duckett

stompin' phil
29th-March-2004, 06:38 PM

What a night and there is still tonight to come ! :clap: :clap:

The best Pound I have ever spent :wink: thank you Gus for that amazing dance :worthy: not to mention the :yum:pound dance with DavidB - and the smooooooooth luffly dance with ChrisA
I thought i better enlighten those who did not come.
You had the opportunity to buy a Dance with a teacher ticket for £1 during the weekend
The teachers gathered at the stage for 3/4hr after there cabaret and awaited the january sales rush to get at them.
Nigel even gave me some money later that a lady had thrusted at him demanding a dance.

I wonder if this would work generally !!:wink:
I'd be broke and bankrupt every evening dance because no one dances with me normally :tears:

Phil