PDA

View Full Version : The Grand?

Lory
29th-November-2003, 01:11 PM
Is anyone going to the opening night of 'The Grand' on Monday night???

See here for details (http://www.ceroclondon.com/the_grand.htm)

I just happened to stumble across it, has anyone heard anything about it?:confused:

:cheers:

ChrisA
29th-November-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Lory
Is anyone going to the opening night of 'The Grand' on Monday night???

There are now more dance venues that I like than I can get to in a week. :tears:

I taxi at Twickenham on Mondays, so the Grand is a bit moot for me, but now it's Hipsters or Jivebug in Bisley on Tuesday, Fulham or Uxbridge on Thursday (Uxbridge currently preferred due to presence of certain 'sters), and Twyford or Bisley on Friday.

Outrageous.

Chris

Divissima
29th-November-2003, 02:15 PM
The Grand does sound promising as a venue. I have to say that I try to keep Monday nights a dance-free zone (and usually Thursday nights too) otherwise I find I don't see non-dance friends for months and they stop talking to me!:tears:

But I could be persuaded :wink: Can't do this week, but might like to try a week on Monday. Who is teaching there?

And now the cantine is shutting down (hurrah! :grin: :waycool: ) Billco is moving back to the Old Jive Bar (the original and best) on a Wednesday. I see it will lead to Wednesday dilemmas :tears:

ChrisA
29th-November-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Divissima
I see it will lead to Wednesday dilemmas :tears:
Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. :tears:

Neil
29th-November-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ChrisA
I taxi at Twickenham on Mondays, so the Grand is a bit moot for me, but now it's Hipsters or Jivebug in Bisley on Tuesday, Fulham or Uxbridge on Thursday (Uxbridge currently preferred due to presence of certain 'sters), and Twyford or Bisley on Friday. My heart bleeds for you poor Londoners. How do you cope with such a plethora of venues?

B*stards :devil: :nice:

Neil

ChrisA
29th-November-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Neil
My heart bleeds for you poor Londoners. How do you cope with such a plethora of venues?

I know, it's getting really tough. I'm thinking of cutting down to the ones that take less than 30 mins to get to...

... bugger, I still have the same list (well, very nearly) :D :D :waycool:

Chris

Lory
29th-November-2003, 02:56 PM
Anyone notice the floor On the pics???

VERY SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER!

:waycool: :D

ChrisA
29th-November-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Lory
Anyone notice the floor On the pics???

Not to mention the bloke about to bash the blonde over the head with a bottle... :confused::D

bigdjiver
29th-November-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Neil
My heart bleeds for you poor Londoners. How do you cope with such a plethora of venues?

B*stards :devil: :nice:

Neil

It is not plethoring, because they are closing Jongluers which is a few hundred yards up the road, and had scored four of my unforgettable nights, two in Ceroc, two in the nightclub below afterwards. That had alternate jazz trio and guy with guitar nights.

I invited the guy with a guitar along to the jam session in Croydon. He sneered that he was a pro, and did not do amatuer gigs. The next week at the jam we had the drummer from Johnny Kidd and the Pirates ("Shaking all over" No 1) reminiscing with the resident drummer about a jam session they had been in with John and Paul in Hamburg. Amateurs ... :rofl:

Boomer
29th-November-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Divissima

And now the cantine is shutting down (hurrah! :grin: :waycool: ) Billco is moving back to the Old Jive Bar (the original and best) on a Wednesday. I see it will lead to Wednesday dilemmas :tears:

Drops essays and source materials, throws spellink out of the widow and demands answers!!!!!! Who what where when !!! answers dammit answers!

:grin:

Divissima
1st-December-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Boomer:
Drops essays and source materials, throws spellink out of the widow and demands answers!!!!!! Who what where when !!! answers dammit answers!Easy there, tiger! :waycool: I had the usual circular email from Ceroc London announcing the changes of venue. I think the cantine has now shut permanently on a Thursday. I can check my home email account and forward you details if you'd like. :hug:

horsey_dude
2nd-December-2003, 09:31 AM
The Disco floor has the square tiles that light up, but it is like dancing on an ice rink. I came very close to suffering a groin strain (no laughing please) after skidding on it. I wear leather soled shoes and it was diabolical.........

Its not too stylish when you just about do the splits because you shoe slips!

Other than that, its not too bad, the class was good and there were some fun dancers there. At least I don't have to walk up the hill if its raining.

Sheepman
2nd-December-2003, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by horsey_dude
At least I don't have to walk up the hill if its raining. So you still have to walk up the hill if it's dry ?? :devil:

Who was the DJ, and teachers? I just might consider it someday if it's the right mix.

Greg

Lory
3rd-December-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by horsey_dude

Other than that, its not too bad, the class was good and there were some fun dancers there.
Full report required please! :D :cheers: