PDA

View Full Version : Route 66 Christmas Jingle Bell Jive Party

Dance Demon
27th-November-2003, 08:12 PM
Date & Venue for the ROUTE 66 Jingle Bell Jive Christmas Party is now confirmed as SATURDAY 20th December in Marcos Leisure Centre, Grove Street Edinburgh. Change was forced upon us by the sudden early sale of Westfield Halls, and at such short notice Marco's was the only suitable venue we could find. So as a one off, we will be in Marcos at Christmas. Theme for this one is PANTOMIME....so get thinking guys and gals....and if the standard is as high as at Halloween then judging best costume is gonna be hard. There will also be a guest appearance of the Blues Sisters..doing their new sexy Christmas routine:drool: :drool:
all kicks off at 8pm.......a whole night of freestyle with music by Dance Demon & Dr Feelgood............:waycool: :waycool:

tickets available from John or Ruth...or via the websitewww.route66jive.com

Forte
27th-November-2003, 08:25 PM
I will come as the front end of the panto horse...any takers for the back?:D

michael
28th-November-2003, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Forte

Will you be dressed up as a horse or dressed up inside a horse outfit:confused: :wink:

Might explain the slow uptake to be behind you as the other half

I suppose it brings a new meaning to er......."double trouble" Mmm::devil: :devil:

Boomer
28th-November-2003, 01:53 AM

Are you trying to lure me out from my self-imposed, studious, ostracism? If so, I shall not take the bite, thus, leaving you at a loose end.

michael
28th-November-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Boomer
Are you trying to lure me out from my self-imposed, studious, ostracism? If so, I shall not take the bite, thus, leaving you at a loose end.

And if you did (bite) she would jump out of that outfit pretty quick:D

Boomer
28th-November-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by michael
And if you did (bite) she would jump out of that outfit pretty quick:D

I am soo glad you picked up on that part of the sentence :devil:

michael
28th-November-2003, 02:36 AM
This will be the first time i have been to a route 66 party so looking forward to it. Big J keep me and the smoothies tickets

Favour.......could you ask trampy to tell you the song he played at end of Glasgow Class (poss new sugar babes)on Wed and could you play it so i can practice the challanging songs..........:yum:

Pantomine night......................All that Glitters night.....................
Bond night........................ . Nautical night....................................
Glasgow night.......:confused: Oh i see us Glaswegians are already dressed up:D

Tiggerbabe
28th-November-2003, 02:58 AM
Favour.......could you ask trampy to tell you the song he played at end of Glasgow Class (poss new sugar babes)on Wed and could you play it so i can practice the challanging songs..........:yum:
So Lost In You - Sugababes - from the Love Actually Soundtrack

TheTramp
28th-November-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
So Lost In You - Sugababes - from the Love Actually Soundtrack It's actually 'Too lost in you'. But now I'm just being pedantic!

As well as from the soundtrack, you can also find it on their new album - 'Three'.

And it's a great track for the end of a night :D

Steve

Dance Demon
2nd-December-2003, 09:11 PM
Hmmm.......Sugababes eh.....don't think that quite fits in with our music policy...but then you know me:wink: ..
Hope to see y'all in fancy dress on the 20th...panto dames, evil villains, cinderellas, aladins, snow whites,dwarves, etc etc........go on you know you want to:devil: :devil: :D

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-December-2003, 09:30 PM

Pantomine night......................All that Glitters night.....................
Bond night........................ . Nautical night....................................

Im just going to go to them all as a 'glittering Bond fish'...oh no Im not..Oh yes I am..etc...
costume consists of a sequined tux and a fish mashk and i shpeak like thish all night. Whoshe for a dansh ?

Bill
2nd-December-2003, 10:44 PM

and I thought I'd done all the UCP moves :D :wink: do we have to practice first???????

Dance Demon
7th-December-2003, 12:20 PM
Quick update guys an' gals........tickets are selling fast for this, so anyone I haven't seen yet that would like a ticket or to reserve a ticket, send me a PM or contact us via the website on www.route66jive.com
Seems like a lot of people are making the effort to come in fancy dress:waycool: .......looking forward to seeing a good selection of panto characters:D .....Should be a fab weekend with the Dunblane party the night before, we'll be all danced out by Sunday:D

Forte
7th-December-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Im just going to go to them all as a 'glittering Bond fish'...oh no Im not..Oh yes I am..etc...
costume consists of a sequined tux and a fish mashk and i shpeak like thish all night. Whoshe for a dansh ?

Oh Sean, shurely the anshers yesh...:yum:

Dance Demon
7th-December-2003, 10:31 PM
and i shpeak like thish all night. Whoshe for a dansh ?

Yesh...and if you are hungry on the way home, you can shtop at the chippy and get a shmoked shaushage shupper, with tonsh of shalt and shauce.....:D

michael
7th-December-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Hmmm.......Sugababes eh.....don't think that quite fits in with our music policy...but then you know me:wink: ..
Hope to see y'all in fancy dress on the 20th...panto dames, evil villains, cinderellas, aladins, snow whites,dwarves, etc etc........go on you know you want to:devil: :devil: :D

Still thinking what i could go as, dont fancy villain, dwarf, aladins.

Where can i get a list of pantomine characters:confused:

Can DS not just go as a wee smurf (well... tall smurf) me thinks we would all like to see him as he should be, a blue friendly (nasty if your names bOOMER) smurf.....Do smurfs have a mate ie lover friend so Fi could go as.....

DD as a devil............never he's just tooooo friendly and i aint going as a monkey hes already coming with me dressed as a smurf:rofl: :rofl:

Heather
8th-December-2003, 12:38 AM
:D :D I suggested that Brady and Dave should come as the Ugly Sisters with Nicky as Cinderella!!!
That way they won't have to make too much of an effort to dress up!!!:rofl: :rofl: (You know I love ya really boys!!!!:rofl: :rofl: )

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

Dreadful Scathe
8th-December-2003, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Heather
:D :D I suggested that Brady and Dave should come as the Ugly Sisters with Nicky as Cinderella!!!

:rofl: brilliant.

Lindsay
12th-December-2003, 04:10 PM
Really looking forward to next Saturday.... :cheers:

:yum:
Blues Sis have been practicing our routine.... we'll be needing some men for this one, hope u enjoy it... :D

Dreadful Scathe
12th-December-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay
Have been practicing our routine.... we'll be needing some men for this one, hope u enjoy it... :D

In the spirit of Christmas can the Blues Sisters perform wearing only tinsel ? thankyou very much :)

Forte
12th-December-2003, 04:24 PM
In the spirit of Christmas can the Blues Sisters perform wearing only tinsel ? thankyou very much :)

The itchy and scratchy show...! :sick:

TheTramp
12th-December-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay
Really looking forward to next Saturday.... :cheers:

:yum:
Blues Sis have been practicing our routine.... we'll be needing some men for this one, hope u enjoy it... :D Can I volunteer. Please? I've been very good this year.... :D

Steve

Dance Demon
14th-December-2003, 09:08 PM
Wow....seems like a lot of people are making the effort to dress up:waycool: .....and a few guys doing the Andy McG bit .....panto dames rule ok......should be a good laff:D

Chicklet
15th-December-2003, 12:09 PM
Been chained to desks here and abroad for WEEEEEEKKKs with very very little dancing so really looking forward to this one, but guys will all need to be very very gentle and understanding cos will be sooooo out of practice.

Please keep a couple of access all areas tickets for N and I, DD!

C:D

PS have seen a sneaky preview of the Blues Sisters sexy little number and, trust me, you ain't seen nothink like this one before!! Specially not live and in the er flesh anyway!!

Bill
15th-December-2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet

PS have seen a sneaky preview of the Blues Sisters sexy little number and, trust me, you ain't seen nothink like this one before!! Specially not live and in the er flesh anyway!!

Good to hear from you again Chickie...........wonderee where you'd got to :na:

Will defintiely be bringing my camera and video for this one:D :yum:

Dance Demon
19th-December-2003, 04:53 PM
Well..just one more day to go........still a few tickets left, but if you want to come and you don't have a ticket,....best come early to get one.........really looking forward to the whole weekend,,,,starting with Dunblane tonight...:waycool:

Daphne
20th-December-2003, 07:32 PM
I got a babysitter so looks like I can come 2 this! See u later :grin:

TheTramp
21st-December-2003, 04:01 AM
Another great Route66 night then. Well done to the crew....

I sat out all the dances that I didn't want to dance. Which meant that I only sat out one all evening. And that was the cabaret by the Blues Sisters. And I wanted to sit in on that one. You had to be there to know what I mean!! :drool: :drool:

John, next time, can you please play the Mavericks. So that at least I'll get a sit down for one song :cheers:

Steve

Heather
21st-December-2003, 05:12 PM
:D :D Really glad to have made the effort , venturing out through the snow to the Route 66 party last night. It was great!!!!
Sweets + crisps on the table, fab wall decorations, (was that you and Mrs DD , John?)
The atmosphere was fab, everyone dressed in their panto gear. You could have cast the entire Cinderella panto with the dancers there Rob as Buttons, Sheena as Prince Charming (slap a thigh!!!), myself as Cinders, Brady and Dave as the Ugly sisters and Nick(DS)as the wicked stepmother. Wanted a photo for the 'family album' but the boys got changed too early!!!!:rofl: :rofl:
As usual wonderful sounds from Dance Demon - your music just gets better and better!!!
Lots of lovely dances with all my favourite men. Glad the lovely Roy got 'snowed in ' .
Well worth the trip to Edinburgh , loved every minute.
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,

Tiggerbabe
21st-December-2003, 06:19 PM
At last - I made it through to one of the Route 66 parties - picked a special one I think :D
Big thanks to the lovely Cinders for driving through the snow :hug:
I thought the music was great and the costumes were fantastic - don't worry, I have pictures of a smurf, a great dane and an american gigolo in full make up - will post soon.
Please post your playlist John - some crackers (festive reference :wink: in there) especially loved the Kenny G track :hug:
The Blues Sisters routine was great too - especially the look on the guys' faces.
Well done to all involved in the organisation - especially for the After 8s and chocolate santas scattered over the tables :drool:

Dr. Feelgood
21st-December-2003, 06:52 PM
Glad you enjoyed it, Heather, Mr Trampy and Sheena (nice to see you at R66 at last!). Thanks to everyone who ventured out last night in pretty atrocious weather conditions, where ever you came from - Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow... Chester even.

After spending the afternoon setting up the hall we were pretty dismayed to (alliteratively) see so much snow settle so suddenly but in the end it didn't seem to stop many peoply. I think the evening was a success... I'm still recovering and haven't even unloaded the car yet.

It was a love of music and dance that prompted John and me to set up R66 back in the summer of 2002 and the support we've had since then has been overwhelming and leaves us feeling humble yet vindicated. So thanks again to everyone who came along last night and thanks to everyone who has supported us over the last year. Thanks also to the rest of the team - John, Irene and Ruth without whom there would be no R66 for me to be part of, there'd be one less place to dance and there'd be no platform for me to play some of my favourite dance music (and endure the tense moments of wondering what's going to happen when I play something new which seems to work at home but might be a big mistake in real life!)

Thanks everyone, and hope to see you all at our new venue in the new year!

Dave

www.route66jive.com (http://www.route66jive.com)

Dr. Feelgood
21st-December-2003, 06:58 PM
Forgot to say, pictures from last night will be appearing on www.route66jive.com (http://www.route66jive.com) shortly.

If anyone has any snaps that they'd like to email us, send them to:

route66@route66jive.com

Cheers,
Dave

:cheers:

Tiggerbabe
21st-December-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Feelgood
Sheena (nice to see you at R66 at last!).
Thanks, I enjoyed our dance too Doc - and your music :hug:

Dance Demon
22nd-December-2003, 12:14 AM
Phew.......what a weekend!!!!!........after a fab night in Dunblane..we spent the whole day in Marcos on Saturday. The whole afternoon decorating the hall, and the whole night having a ball, doing what we enjoy most...A HUGE thanks to everyone who made the effort to come along on probably the worst night of the year weather wise........especially th ones from fas far away as Glasgow, Dundee, Fife...and one couple who travelled all the way from Chester to be with us :waycool:
The costumes.......what can I say other than ...absolutely fantastic
And Scooby, Smurfy, and American Gigolo, you guys (or should that be Gals:wink: ) were just the Biz:rofl: great to have Sheena along for the first time, and Bill & Fran. Sorry the bluesy set came just as you were leaving Bill:tears: I would post my playlist ...but I forgot to write it down:sorry .......I'll have to have a wee think about the last set ....bear with me ....And were'nt the blues sisters just the sexiest:drool:...thanks to Lindsay & the girls for coming along
Once again ..big thanks to everyone especially the rest of the R66 team....Dr Feelgood, wee Ruthy, and the ever lovely Mrs Irene Demon...who all help make R66 a great night:cheers:

michael
22nd-December-2003, 01:50 PM
Just a big thanks to John and Irene for the route 66 dance night on Saturday. Apologies to those i missed a dance with (aren't you lucky) but got there later than plannned.

What a difference a little extra lighting can add to the feel and warmth of a dance night. You both make such an effort to please, it is really appreciated so keep up the effort. Thought your neon r 66 sign was really cool. Enjoyed the music and the dances.

Getting really excited about the Edinburgh Dance night this coming Saturday. Me thinks an extra wee coloured light would just give Marcos an even better feel to it (not the flashing type) as i heard a comment at the last dance that it looked er......well you know. :cheers:

Aleks
22nd-December-2003, 02:43 PM
Just a big thanks to John and Irene for the route 66 dance night on Saturday. Apologies to those i missed a dance with (aren't you lucky) but got there later than plannned.

What a difference a little extra lighting can add to the feel and warmth of a dance night. You both make such an effort to please, it is really appreciated so keep up the effort. Thought your neon r 66 sign was really cool. Enjoyed the music and the dances.

Getting really excited about the Edinburgh Dance night this coming Saturday. Me thinks an extra wee coloured light would just give Marcos an even better feel to it (not the flashing type) as i heard a comment at the last dance that it looked er......well you know. :cheers:

Can't find the words to say it any better than this!

Grant
22nd-December-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
big thanks to everyone especially the rest of the R66 team....Dr Feelgood, wee Ruthy, and the ever lovely Mrs Irene Demon...who all help make R66 a great night:cheers:
yes, thanks to all of you (including you DD) for setting up a great night. :waycool:
well worth the drive over despite the edinburgh weather :wink:
enjoyed the show by the blues sisters (even though i didn't get a seat :sad: ) and loved the outfits (the "ugly sisters" certainly lived up to their billing - hope the photos are posted for everyone else to enjoy :D )
:cheers:
grant

Lindsay
22nd-December-2003, 04:16 PM
Another fab night, well done John, Dave, Ruth & Irene!! Really enjoyed it, very Xmas-ey!

La creme de la creme of male dancers, hope they'll be back this Saturday....

R66- Roll on more in 2000 and 4 (like the poetry?)

Tiggerbabe
22nd-December-2003, 06:23 PM
Could the smurf have a wee secret?

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-December-2003, 06:31 PM
oh dear :what:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-December-2003, 06:50 PM
There's more :wink:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-December-2003, 06:54 PM
And here's the rest of the family :what:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-December-2003, 07:19 PM
Some of the poor guys who had to help with the Blues Sisters' Routine

Tiggerbabe
22nd-December-2003, 07:22 PM
And finally, the Demon himself - OH NO IT'S NOT - OH YES IT IS

Wendy
22nd-December-2003, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys for a great night !!!! It took me 2 hours to get there (and so missed Dr Feelgood's first set :tears: ) but well worth the journey...

You all make such an effort to make it a great night....

(And well done Blues Sisters.... that was HOT !!!!! Those guys were loving every minute.. hope you got it on tape.... !!! )

Looking forward to more of the same in the New Year...

:cheers: :kiss: :hug: :kiss: :cheers:

Wxxx