PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Competition 2002 20th Oct

Scot
6th-August-2002, 09:40 AM
We will be releasing information Today/Tommorrow about this event but for those of you that like to get the info first hand the categories will be

Intermediate
Advanced
Double Trouble
Lucky Dip
Team Cabaret

Numbers for this event are going to be limited to 500 so that people can get a dance

Regards

Scot

Scot
6th-August-2002, 05:14 PM
For update info on this event goto

www.ceroc.info (http://www.ceroc.info/)

Franck
2nd-September-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Scot
Team CabaretI believe so far, both Glasgow and Dundee are entering a team. Any more news from Edinburgh or Aberdeen, there is still time to get something organized...

Team Cabarets are not about the dancing, but all about originality and the ideas you can come up with... So do not be shy, grab a few friends together and give us all a good show! :really: :yum:

Franck.:cheers:

Scot
10th-September-2002, 02:17 PM
For those attending this event you can get a copy of the rules for the various catagories at www.ceroc.info (http://www.ceroc.info)

Kind Regards

Scot

Debster
12th-September-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Franck
Team Cabarets are not about the dancing, but all about originality and the ideas you can come up with... So do not be shy, grab a few friends together and give us all a good show
OK, I can understand an emphasis on fun and particpation is good, but I'm a little worried about an entry in a dance competition not being about dancing.... :sorry

John S
12th-September-2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Debster

OK, I can understand an emphasis on fun and particpation is good, but I'm a little worried about an entry in a dance competition not being about dancing.... :sorry

Fair comment, I think!

However, it kinda blows away anyone planning to enter a team in clowns' outfits on unicycles, juggling and fire-eating to the strains of a pipe band playing Flower of Scotland.

Debster
12th-September-2002, 10:07 AM
Oh, I think they should still enter, it would no doubt be hugely entertaining! I would just be a bit dismayed if they won against teams who were trying to make dancing entertaining ;)

Franck
12th-September-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Debster

Team Cabarets are not about the dancing, but all about originality and the ideas you can come up with... So do not be shy, grab a few friends together and give us all a good showOK, I can understand an emphasis on fun and particpation is good, but I'm a little worried about an entry in a dance competition not being about dancing.... :sorry Ok, Debs, I obviously need ot clarify my point :nice:
Obviously the whole day will be about dancing, and each category will emphasize a particular side of Ceroc / modern jive dancing.
My point (apart from wanting to encourage more people to come forward and enter), was that in the "Team Cabaret" category, the level of dancing of each individual is less important than the overall team performance, creativity and team work, coupled with good ideas and music can take even Beginners a long way if they dance well as a team and display enthusiasm.

I reckon most of the pressure will be on the choreographer to be creative and show off within the team's abilities and experience.

I hope this helps,

Franck.

John S
12th-September-2002, 02:53 PM
I believe so far, both Glasgow and Dundee are entering a team. Any more news from Edinburgh or Aberdeen, there is still time to get something organized...

Franck.:cheers:

I think it's fair to say that these are NOT "official" teams from each venue, so they have NOT been carefully handpicked to select who someone thinks are the best dancers in that venue.

So if you're not already in a team then you shouldn't feel that you've been excluded, just get together with some mates, put together a routine and enter.

And of course there's nothing to say you can't include people from different venues, so anyone who's interested in either joining or recruiting a team can always put a personal ad on this website......

Debster
12th-September-2002, 04:49 PM
...the level of dancing of each individual is less important than the overall team performance, creativity and team work, coupled with good ideas and music can take even Beginners a long way if they dance well as a team and display enthusiasm.

I reckon most of the pressure will be on the choreographer to be creative and show off within the team's abilities and experience...

Oh OK - I absolutely agree! :D

Heather
12th-September-2002, 06:39 PM
:D Clowns, unicycles,juggling, fire-eating pipe-bands!!!!
So the entry from Dunfermline is no longer a secret John !
Now we just have to find out what Glasgow are planning:wink: :wink: Never underestimate the opposition!!!!:wink: :wink: :D

:cheers:
Heather

John S
12th-September-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Heather
So the entry from Dunfermline is no longer a secret John !
:cheers:
Heather Gosh, given it away, have I? Never mind, that was just the 45-second Intro - wait till you see the main cabaret section.
:waycool:

Scot
13th-September-2002, 11:49 AM
I for one would love to see your main Caberet Section.

I am not Judging so perhaps I could get a wee preview on Tuesday. Unless of course you are only joking but surely not...

Kind Regards

Scot

Brady
16th-September-2002, 12:47 PM
After hearing what the competition from Dumfermline is going to be, I think we may have to withdraw the Glasgow team entry. Unicycles??? Most of us can hardly manage on our own two feet!!! And juggling??? We sometimes struggle to hold on to our partners, let alone toss them around and be expected to end up with them in our hands again.

As for Heather finding out about the Glasgow team; all I can say is that you'll have to wait till Oct. 20th!!! No early previews of our top secret, under cover routine.

Look forward to some FUN competition next month!!!

Lou
16th-September-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Heather

This is that off-topic dancing that Franck's been posting about, isn't it?!

Tiggerbabe
16th-September-2002, 07:39 PM

I reckon most of the pressure will be on the choreographer to be creative and show off within the team's abilities and experience.

Gee thanks Franck :eek: :eek:

Franck
25th-September-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
Gee thanks Franck :eek: :eek: You're welcome Sheena, I did not mean to put (even more) pressure on you and all the other budding Choreographers...

Things are hotting up it seems now that there are teams from all the Ceroc cities in Scotland, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen... Excellent news! Now all we need is a couple of teams from down South or abroad, and we are all set for a fabulous day of non-stop entertainment. :nice:

I can't wait to see the results of all the hard work you are all putting in, and I am very impressed at all of you for making the effort and putting in the time and commitment required. The British Red Cross will owe you big time for making the event a success!

Well done all,

Franck.