PDA

View Full Version : Bonar Hall Dundee - 13th December

Tiggerbabe
26th-November-2003, 12:07 AM
Just thought I would remind everyone that the Dundee Christmas Party will be in the Bonar Hall Dundee on Saturday 13th December.
Theme - 007
See most of you there, I hope :hug:

Bill
26th-November-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Just thought I would remind everyone that the Dundee Christmas Party will be in the Bonar Hall Dundee on Saturday 13th December.
Theme - 007
See most of you there, I hope :hug: So which of your many outfits are you going to be wearing ??????

What about the one Ursula was wearing coming out of the sea ??:rolleyes: :D

Kay
26th-November-2003, 12:37 PM
I would love to attend the Dundee party but do not know my way round Dundee - can someone tell me how to get to the Bonar Hall? :cheers: Now all I have to do is think of a Bond character !!:wink:

TheTramp
26th-November-2003, 12:39 PM
Hiya Kay

The address is:

Bonar Hall
University of Dundee
Park Place
Dundee, DD1 4HN

Streetmap to Bonar Hall (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=339795&y=729880&z=0&sv=DD1+4HN&st=2&pc=DD1+4HN&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf)

Steve

PS. Look forward to seeing you there. Come say hello (I'm the bald, fat, ugly one. Can't miss me).

Stuart M
26th-November-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Bill
What about the one Ursula was wearing coming out of the sea ??:rolleyes: :D Why not the gold paint one :eek:

Problem with a 007 theme is that there's not much choice of outfits for us guys - tux, tux, or, erm tux...and the villains all tended to go for that Dr.Evil collarless suit. I might be going - any suggestions costume-wise?

(First person to say "gold paint" will get a slap ...)

TheTramp
26th-November-2003, 01:04 PM
You could wear a tux Stuart.

Bet you hadn't thought of that eh :wink:

Steve

Bill
26th-November-2003, 01:11 PM
what about a gold tux ????????

Dreadful Scathe
26th-November-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
(First person to say "gold paint" will get a slap ...) I think you should dress up as ...er...Ursula Andress coming out of the sea :D

I have a boiler suit and a hardhat and can come as a basic henchman :).

Kay
26th-November-2003, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the information Steve - see you there. If I come and say hello, will I get a dance?

TheTramp
26th-November-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Kay
Thanks for the information Steve - see you there. If I come and say hello, will I get a dance? Of course. I try very hard to never say no to anyone - although some times I can't avoid it for a variety of reasons :D

Steve

Graham
26th-November-2003, 01:26 PM
any suggestions costume-wise?I think the perfect character for you would be Small-Fawcett from Never Say Never Again. Here's (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000100/) a still to jog your memory as to what he was like.

michael
26th-November-2003, 01:43 PM
If i recall Mussellburgh was Stuart M not wearing the flashing arms
things???? A DOZEN MORE FLASHING THINGS and you would look rather cool as "The Flashiest Bond yet"

Stuart M
26th-November-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Graham
I think the perfect character for you would be Small-Fawcett from Never Say Never Again. Here's (http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0000100/) a still to jog your memory as to what he was like.
:rolleyes:

After the steaming great pile of c*** that Johnny English was, somehow anything related to both Rowan Atkinson and secret agents sounds like a baaaad idea.

Rowan Atkinson - he used to be quite funny, didn't he?

Anyway, I like Scathe's "Basic Henchman" idea. Could adapt it and take Thunderball as my inspiration. Dancing in flippers and snorkel - now there's a real challenge :what: .

And as for yourself, Graham - didn't this guy inspire your style :na: (in case anyone doesn't recognise him, think dentures...)

Stuart M
26th-November-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by michael
If i recall Mussellburgh was Stuart M not wearing the flashing arms
things???? A DOZEN MORE FLASHING THINGS and you would look rather cool as "The Flashiest Bond yet"

They're called cufflinks Michael :rolleyes: . Sorry, just me being cheeky again...

I'm cutting down on the flashing at the moment anyway :innocent: .

Dreadful Scathe
26th-November-2003, 02:14 PM
:Anyway, I like Scathe's "Basic Henchman" idea.

The typical henchman uniform of red boiler suit and yellow hard hat then ? Ill bring a couple of boxes and oild drums marked 'Secret' or 'Explosives' and we can carry them around - gives the 'Bonds' who come along something to hide behind too.

Anyone got a small electric car with a convenient tarpaulin that will make anyone hiding under it completely invisible ? :)

Graham
26th-November-2003, 02:31 PM
And as for yourself, Graham - didn't this guy inspire your style :na: (in case anyone doesn't recognise him, think dentures...) Something tells me I'll have lots to chat to Steve about during the beginners class tonight.

John S
26th-November-2003, 04:10 PM
Of course, for anyone brave enough, there's always BONDage. ;)

I thought that was quite smart until Heather told me that in my case it was more like AULDage.:(

psyc0diver
26th-November-2003, 04:38 PM
Is this a ticket job or turn up at the door?:confused:

Forte
26th-November-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Of course. I try very hard to never say no to anyone - although some times I can't avoid it for a variety of reasons :D

Steve These are...?
:confused:

TheTramp
26th-November-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Forte
These are...?
:confused: Ummm. Knee hurting, desperate need for a drink, or the loo, or just to sit down for one record to catch my breath..... All the usual ones really.

Steve

Forte
26th-November-2003, 05:00 PM
What was the name of that women with the knife in her shoe. I could have some interesting dances if I dressed up as her...

Bill
26th-November-2003, 05:08 PM
What was the name of that women with the knife in her shoe. I could have some interesting dances if I dressed up as her... :eek: :sick: ..........no close moves then :na:

DavidB
26th-November-2003, 05:18 PM
What was the name of that women with the knife in her shoe. I could have some interesting dances if I dressed up as her... Don't even think of doing the move Adam taught in Perth :what: :sick:

Stuart M
27th-November-2003, 12:34 AM
What was the name of that women with the knife in her shoe. I could have some interesting dances if I dressed up as her...
Rosa Klebb. From Russia With Love, I think.

Hey, there's a thought - Gadget could come as Q. Not that you look like Desmond Lllewellyn or John Cleese, Gadget - it just seems appropriate somehow :)

Heather
27th-November-2003, 01:12 AM
Rosa Klebb. From Russia With Love, I think.

Hey, there's a thought - Gadget could come as Q. Not that you look like Desmond Lllewellyn or John Cleese, Gadget - it just seems appropriate somehow :) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Heather,
XX

Tiggerbabe
28th-November-2003, 06:12 PM
Think tickets for this event may be available at Marcos tomorrow night :D :D :cheers:

psyc0diver
9th-December-2003, 09:47 AM
Can someone let me know what hotels / B&B's are handy for the Bonar Hall, as I (& I assume others) will be staying overnight

Cheers

Tiggerbabe
9th-December-2003, 06:42 PM
Queen's Hotel is possibly the closest one - tel: 01382 322515
Travel Inn at Discovery Quay - probably a 10 minute walk - tel : 0870 197 7079

Auld Steeple Guest House tel: 01382 200302
Bracklinn B & B tel: 01382 566563
St Leonard's Guest House tel: 01382 227146

I've never stayed at any of them so can't give a recommendation other than to get to the Queen's from the Bonar Hall would take all of a minute on foot :D and with the Travel Inn you know what you're getting.
The guest houses I got from the Tourist Board's website
www.visitscotland.com/accomodation/?view=Standard
so you could check them out there.

See you there - minus the wet-suit I hope :wink:

filthycute
10th-December-2003, 10:59 AM
I can't go!!!:tears: :tears:
Selfish people in my work had decided to have our Christmas night out on the same night :reallymad
Now theres' little else for me to do but go out and get intoxicated. But hey, if anybody does happen to end up in Deja Vu you might come across a *slightly* tipsy FC :wink:

filthycute x x

Bill
10th-December-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by filthycute
But hey, if anybody does happen to end up in Deja Vu you might come across a *slightly* tipsy FC :wink:

filthycute x x oh.........now that's a scary thought.........:wink: :D

Bill
10th-December-2003, 01:14 PM
didn't get a ticket from Steve last night so I assume I can get one at the door on Saturday ????????

Scot
10th-December-2003, 01:16 PM
Yeah should be ok

Scot

Bill
10th-December-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Scot
Yeah should be ok

Scot

Cheers.......and see you Saturday.

TheTramp
10th-December-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Bill
didn't get a ticket from Steve last night Well. Why not? I think I get a free toaster if I sell more than 30! :na:

I think I'm gonna be popping up to O'Donagues tomorrow night though Bill, so you can get one then!

Steve

Stuart M
10th-December-2003, 06:29 PM
Well. Why not? I think I get a free toaster if I sell more than 30! :na:

Well, it won't be me. I charge. And I think you should get a reward for such sales anyway. :D

Stuart M
11th-December-2003, 11:23 AM
Are there any Glasgow dancers out there interested in car-sharing to Dundee? If so, send me a PM.

And if you've got a silver Aston Martin DB5 all the better :waycool:

psyc0diver
11th-December-2003, 11:35 AM

And if you've got a silver Aston Martin DB5 all the better :waycool:
Soooo much more class than awful BMWs. Lotus's are ok though

Forte
13th-December-2003, 11:57 AM
Looking forward to tonight. :cheers: But I still don't know what to wear!!!:what: Surely a Bond Girl would be more organised than this!:wink:

Heather
13th-December-2003, 12:53 PM
........I have seen, the problem seems to be finding a Bond girl who actually WEARS any clothes for long enough. Perhaps I should turn up wrapped in a bed sheet!!! Most of the Bond girls end up wearing one of those!!!!:rofl:
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Heather
........I have seen, the problem seems to be finding a Bond girl who actually WEARS any clothes for long enough. Perhaps I should turn up wrapped in a bed sheet!!! Most of the Bond girls end up wearing one of those!!!!:rofl: Dare and double dare you Heather :D

Steve

PS. They are always naked under the sheet! :na:

Heather
13th-December-2003, 12:56 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Heather,
XX

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 01:09 PM
Well. It'd certainly be an interesting night. Sheena in her white bikini. And you in a bedsheet.

Would go down in the annals of Scottish ceroc history I feel! :D

Steve

Franck
13th-December-2003, 01:17 PM
Well. It'd certainly be an interesting night. Sheena in her white bikini. And you in a bedsheet. Enough already :tears: or I'll have to re-organize my week-end and turn up after all!

I would have thought that for Bond girls, bikinis, bedsheets, catsuits, feather boas, slinky cocktail dresses and hidden weapons offered enough choice :D

Franck.

TheTramp
13th-December-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Franck
hidden weapons Stop that right now. They don't need ideas like that!!! :tears:

Steve

PS. Unless the doorman has to 'frisk' them all. Just in case. And where do the applications to be the doorman go? :D

Daphne
13th-December-2003, 01:56 PM
Would go down in the annals of Scottish ceroc history I feel! :D

Steve

Enough about your bottom, Steve :blush:

Forte
14th-December-2003, 03:04 AM
Just home from a fab time in Dundee. Thank you for a lovely evening...especially to my favourite Forum dance partners who were there AND asked me to dance: Tramp, Graham (what a dance!) and Stuart M. There were others there who didn't ask me to dance:tears: Mr Dance Demon - we chatted but just didn't get around to it and Bill (I am still too scared to ask you, Sir!) :blush:
I got some good pics with my new toy (a digital camera). There is an amazing one capturing a "moment in dance" between Tramp and Wendy but you will have to wait until Monday when my technical adviser can show me how to post it. (You'll remember he is fourteen!!!)
I haven't danced for FOUR WEEKS what with a virus and report card writing time and all and it was wonderful to be back. Big hugs to everyone I chatted to on the night and danced with. :hug:
Looking forward to seeing you all again, soon!

TheTramp
14th-December-2003, 11:51 AM
Yeah. It was a great night. Had lots of fun dances, and really enjoyed myself!

Glad to see that your camera survived taking pictures of me Forte. I told you that the extra re-inforced lens would come in useful!

Steve

Heather
14th-December-2003, 11:58 AM
:D :D had a great time last night in Dundee, and it was fabulous to see lots of friends from other dancing venues make the effort to travel to Dundee for a change. The Bonar Hall has a lovely floor(not quite Beach Ballroom) but great to dance on nevetheless.
I hope all who made the effort, felt the journey was worthwhile and enjoyed themselves. It was great to see Wendy, Graham and Stuart from Glasgow,Lisa, Neil, Karen, Bill and Craig from Aberdeen. Franck, you have met your match in the 'orgasmic chocolate truffle ' stakes !!! Craig's truffles were truly delicious, I didn't get a dance:sick: but the truffles made up for it!:wink:
Nice to see Mr and Mrs DD, Lindsay, Gilbert, Fran and all the others from Edinburgh.
It makes such a great night to have so many lovely people all together, dancing!!!
Thanks Scot, for making the effort to book the Bonar Hall, we Dundonians really appreciate it. I do know how expensive it is to hire, as Tayside Opera hire the place every May for our annual concert, so it's obviously a worry that a dance may not be a success.

Biggest laugh of the night -John Lusby in Dinner suit, snorkel andflippers dancing with wife Hazel,attemting a 'comb'and not quite able to raise her arm over the snorkel !!:rofl: :rofl:

Heather,
X

Tiggerbabe
14th-December-2003, 12:04 PM
It was a great night - if you didn't make it, then you really missed out.
All those men in tuxedos - well :drool: :drool: :drool: And John Lusby - what a star, I haven't laughed so much for ages (hopefully Forte got a picture :rofl: )
The girls of course looked fabulous :hug:
Many thanks for all the dances - don't think I sat down all night :D even if for half the evening no-one recognised me :wink:

Dance Demon
14th-December-2003, 12:41 PM
Yep...Bonar hall is a lovely venue, and a superb floor for dancing. sorry we didn't get a dance Forte....but you were too busy being David Bailey:wink: :D ...Sheena, you looked every inch a bond girl....and boy did you suit that hairdo:yum: ......got some lovely dances , and nice to see Dundee Wendy...don't see her much these days:tears: thanx all for a lovely night.....
NOW....Dunblane on Friday...Route 66 on Saturday......what a weekend to look forward to:waycool:

Forte
14th-December-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Yepsorry we didn't get a dance Forte....but you were too busy being David Bailey:wink: :D ...:

If you saw the photo I took of Wendy and Stuart M you wouldn't say that...I had three quarters of the wall behind them and one quarter of their heads! Oh well , better keep practising. (I also have one of you and Mrs Dance Demon's back of head...:rofl: )

Bill
14th-December-2003, 07:28 PM
Had a great time..and I did look for you Forte but didn't recognise you from the photo on the forum. So bext time please ask for a dance. i did try and get round the tables but people kept dancing so i didn't see everyone :what:

Only managed to take a few oics and wil try and post a couple.
Thanks for so many lovely dances alst night. :cheers: :hug:

Bill
14th-December-2003, 07:31 PM
and hopefully this will be Pussy Galore...............:D

TheTramp
14th-December-2003, 08:28 PM
Hmmm.....

Sorry Bill.

Can't get either of them to work :(

Was so looking forward to seeing Pussy Galore too!! :rolleyes:

Steve

Fran
14th-December-2003, 10:41 PM
Hmmm.....

Sorry Bill.

Can't get either of them to work :(

Was so looking forward to seeing Pussy Galore too!! :rolleyes:

Steve

probebly just as well. me and cameras really do not get on and all my bits kept falling off!!!! was quite nice having them pressed on again though:wink: :devil: :devil:

I had a fabby time, suddenly got very teird at towards the end and wilted in the corner.
sorry I missed handing out the prizes for the great costumes, but Bill did a grand job and anyway Sheena - Bill would have been a much better snog than me :wink: :grin: :grin:
I did not recognise you at first in the black wig and thought the flippers on John were a touch of class- his dancing was very impressive:nice:

Thanks Scott and Elaine for booking the hall.:hug:

Bill
14th-December-2003, 11:37 PM
Try again..........

TheTramp
14th-December-2003, 11:50 PM
I dunno Fran. I think that you and the camera get on just fine. Great pic.... :hug:

Steve

Stuart M
14th-December-2003, 11:56 PM
I remember making a casual joke the week before the party...

Anyway, I like Scathe's "Basic Henchman" idea. Could adapt it and take Thunderball as my inspiration.
Dancing in flippers and snorkel - now there's a real challenge :what: .
...still can't quite believe someone actually did it. John L - RESPECT! :waycool:

Thanks Scot for a really good night. Made a mental note to make it up to Dundee events more often if I can, lots of good dancers. Shame I couldn't stay till the end to dance with more of them, but I had too much to do on Sunday back in Glasgow.

PS, John, if you got the cossie idea from me on the Forum, do I get a 10% cut of the prize as a consultant ? :D

Tiggerbabe
15th-December-2003, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Fran
Bill did a grand job and anyway Sheena - Bill would have been a much better snog than me :wink: :grin: :grin:
Not sure John Lusby would agree with you there Fran - great pic!:D
Stuart - if you're really nice to him he'll maybe give you a sip of the wine :wink:

Forte
15th-December-2003, 04:15 PM
some pics....

Forte
15th-December-2003, 04:27 PM
The lovely Heather and her very shy pal...Sheena! Who won the costume prize...

Lindsay
15th-December-2003, 05:04 PM
Just to echo what's been said, had a great time on Sat. in Dundee, lovely dances, fab costumes and some really good tunes from Scot.

Nice kebab in the car on the way home too....:grin:

Anyone know if we can just turn up in Dunblane on Friday night(couldn't find the thread...), or is it sold out???

TheTramp
15th-December-2003, 05:36 PM
Please turn up. Look forward to seeing you there!!

Steve

Kay
15th-December-2003, 05:37 PM
Great party - definitely worth travelling down for. Thanks for navigating Bill, I'd still be going round Dundee without you:kiss: Thanks guys for all the fab dances and to Scott for some great tracks.

Tiggerbabe
22nd-December-2003, 06:15 PM
Proof that you can, indeed, dance in a snorkel and flippers :D