PDA

View Full Version : Test message

Simon
25th-November-2003, 03:16 PM
Just spent about fifteen minutes typing up a new thread only to find that I'd timed out (or something) when I tried to preview it and had to log back in and then my lovely long message had disappeared :tears:

What did I do wrong? :sad: Do messages need to be written and posted quite rapidly?

Franck
25th-November-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Simon
Just spent about fifteen minutes typing up a new thread only to find that I'd timed out (or something) when I tried to preview it and had to log back in and then my lovely long message had disappeared :tears:

What did I do wrong? :sad: Do messages need to be written and posted quite rapidly? Hi Simon,

I totally understand your frustration, and this is an unfortunate side effect of the log-on system. The Forum will automatically log you out after 10 minutes of inactivity. So if you take 10 minutes to compose your reply, you won't be able to post it any longer.

When that happens to me, I usually click on the Back button on my browser, and manage to recover the text (which you can then copy/paste into a new reply window after logging in again).

Alternatively, you could keep a separate Forum window opened and refresh it every 2/3 minutes, to ensure you remain logged on.

Finally, you can use any Text editor (Word, etc...) or your email programme to type your reply, and then copy / paste it in the reply window.

I hope this helps! :nice:

Franck.

Emma
25th-November-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Franck
The Forum will automatically log you out after 10 minutes of inactivity. So if you take 10 minutes to compose your reply, you won't be able to post it any longer. This is scary, cos it's never happened to me..which implies I've never been inactive on the forum for longer than 9 minutes....:what: :rofl::rofl: