PDA

View Full Version : Northwich this weekend

Dave Hancock
25th-November-2003, 12:11 PM
A wee thread to see any other forumites are going to be the Amir Giles workshop in Northwich this Saturday and the party thereafter. Travelling down to this with a fellow Glaswegian and it'd be nice to meet and put faces to some of the familiar names.

LilyB
25th-November-2003, 10:01 PM
We would have loved to go but we still haven't recovered from Aberdeen yet! Shame to have 2 terrific events on successive weekends, sooooooo far from London!!! :tears: :tears: :tears:

LilyB

timmah
25th-November-2003, 11:37 PM
Got your passport Dave...?

Dave Hancock
26th-November-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by timmah
Got your passport Dave...?

Aye, and my English to Scots translation dictionary!

RoyBoy
26th-November-2003, 12:19 PM
Good on ya Dave. Nice to hear that a few of you are coming down. I'm sure Craig (aka Gus - gorgeous) will be pleased as well. Always makes me feel like theres a wee bit of Scotland down here in the deepest depths of Chesire.
Looking forward to another great night.

Dave Hancock
26th-November-2003, 12:25 PM
Are you workshopping Roy??

And starting to get excited now, always have a really nice night down that way, roll on Saturday.....

Bardsey
26th-November-2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hancock
A wee thread to see any other forumites are going to be the Amir Giles workshop in Northwich this Saturday and the party thereafter. Travelling down to this with a fellow Glaswegian and it'd be nice to meet and put faces to some of the familiar names.

Yes I'm going to both. See you there :kiss: :hug:

RoyBoy
26th-November-2003, 01:02 PM
Are you workshopping Roy??

No, unfortunately the diary is a bit full on the Satarday - unless I get a last minute reprieve. Anticipating a good night though.

Alfie
27th-November-2003, 01:04 AM
Me and the boss lady will be there with the shoes.

Please will everyone one come and see us and say Hi.

:wink:

Gus
27th-November-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by RoyBoy
Always makes me feel like theres a wee bit of Scotland down here in the deepest depths of Chesire.

Ay ... and Cheshire is all the better for it:grin: So far Roy and Laura have been temped to stay ... anyone else care to emigrate?

Its looking like the Freestyle night should be another stormer ... with more than a few Forumites there to help party the night away.

Bardsey
27th-November-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Its looking like the Freestyle night should be another stormer ... with more than a few Forumites there to help party the night away.

Don't forget to look out for me! Wonder if there will be any "'sters" there????

Bardster

Dave Hancock
27th-November-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Gus

Not too mention all the lovely ladies that you have locked away down there, only 2 days to go, yiipppppeeeeee!!!!:D

Bardsey
27th-November-2003, 05:07 PM
only 2 days to go, yiipppppeeeeee!!!!:D

I'll drink to that !

Originally posted by Gus

Don't forget to save a dance for me, Gus.

Dave Hancock
27th-November-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Bardsey
Don't forget to save a dance for me, Gus.

And me :cheers:

Bardsey
27th-November-2003, 05:19 PM
And me :cheers:

Oh you want a dance with Gus too??? I hope you're not going to do an Andy McGreg and come in your stockings and sussies too...:rofl: Then again, should be fun!

Daisy Chain
27th-November-2003, 05:54 PM
Yes I'm going to both. See you there :kiss: :hug:

ooooh! Me too.

Bardsey
27th-November-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Daisy Chain
ooooh! Me too.

Great! Don't forget to say hello :hug:

Dave Hancock
27th-November-2003, 07:30 PM
ooooh! Me too.
Ohhh, more forum-ites, say hello and maybe I'll get a dance??? HOw on earth shall we know who you are though???

RoyBoy
27th-November-2003, 08:24 PM
Ohhh, more forum-ites, say hello and maybe I'll get a dance??? HOw on earth shall we know who you are though???

Nae problem, I have it on good authority they are gorgous, statuesque blond flowers that dance like that wifie who made Fred Astaire look good:nice:
What was her name again - Ginger Biscuits ??:innocent:

Gus
27th-November-2003, 08:43 PM
Nae problem, I have it on good authority they are gorgous, statuesque blond flowers that dance like that wifie who made Fred Astaire look good:nice:

You smoothie:D

In addition to the forumites .. there should also be the dazzling delights of the likes of Helen (the Zambo variety), Lynn Mayor, Clare Duggan, Lynn (Newscastle instructor) and Mrs Brodie ... in addition (hopefully) to the two Sarahs from Leeds ... If you've not had the chance of dancing with this embaressment of riches ... well, I'll let Messr Hancock give you a report after the event:wink:

Oh .... and with likes of Pistol Pete, Roy Boy, Amir, Messr Broadie, Alan (Chester teacher) et al ... there should be no small amount of entertainment for the ladies.

Daisy Chain
28th-November-2003, 12:12 AM
What was her name again - Ginger Biscuits ??:innocent:

STATUESQUE? :sad: That means fat dunnit? *slap*

Daisy
(A delicate little flower)

RoyBoy
28th-November-2003, 01:53 AM
STATUESQUE? :sad: That means fat dunnit? *slap*

That wasn’t the vision I had in my minds eye. More the delicate, smooth, perfectly formed, rare porcelain type of statuesque. You know, the type of thing that makes you tingle when you caress it.:innocent:

Dave Hancock
28th-November-2003, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Gus
In addition to the forumites .. there should also be the dazzling delights of the likes of Helen (the Zambo variety), Lynn Mayor, Clare Duggan, Lynn (Newscastle instructor) and Mrs Brodie ... in addition (hopefully) to the two Sarahs from Leeds ... If you've not had the chance of dancing with this embaressment of riches

Oh boy....tomorrow can't come quick enough. Sounds like it should be a really excellent night :D

Bardsey
28th-November-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Gus
in addition (hopefully) to the two Sarahs from Leeds ...

Who are they? Will I know them, are they taxi dancers or anything?

Gus
28th-November-2003, 01:59 PM
Who are they? Will I know them, are they taxi dancers or anything?

ahhh ... such is the 'delight' of running there events ... never knowing who the h*ll is going to turn up ....:tears: :tears:

Punkfish
28th-November-2003, 02:10 PM
ahhh ... such is the 'delight' of running there events ... never knowing who the h*ll is going to turn up ....I'm afraid I won't be able to attend..... although i know it will be as fab as always!

Could you say hi to the regulars for me matey.... especially the two sarah's :yum:

Daisy Chain
29th-November-2003, 06:46 PM
Just got back from Amir and Kate's workshop. Worth every penny. I can now fall over with style.

Ta, it was great

Daisy :D

Gus
30th-November-2003, 05:29 PM
Well ... all I can say is a HUGE thanks to everyone who turned up to make it such a storming night ... well over 200, and still room to dance. So many there I was even 'brave enough' to play a few challenging tracks and I'm still here to tell the tale:grin:

Obvioulsy a big cheer to the Scottish contingent ... RoyBoy, Hancock, Laura et al were on fine form as usual.

Amir and Kate really made a superb impression, not only for their wonderfull cabaret but also for a superb lesson ... teaching a choreographed routine to "All that Jazz".

Music seemed to go down well, except for having to dissapoint one couple when I refused to play their Shaking Stevens track ... I'm still not sure if it wasn't a set-up from someone off the Forum considering my disparaging remarks on Mess Shakey:wink:

Anyway ... promise to post my playlist on the DJ area ... when I get chance and if I can read my handwriting.

See you all (I hope) at the 3rd January event:waycool:

Dave Hancock
30th-November-2003, 05:32 PM
Just back up to Glasgow and really enjoyed the workshop and the party at night, so many fabulous dancers and so little time,... such a shame that I couldn't get round everyone at night :tears:, shall just have to make a return visit in the new year :D :D

And Daisy Chain, who were you and did we dance??

Also really nice to meet Bardsey, and hopefully I'll be allowed a dance next time :hug:

Gus
30th-November-2003, 05:40 PM
so many fabulous dancers and so little time,... such a shame that I couldn't get round everyone at night :tears:

You HUSSY ... If I get one more female drooling over you I shall put you where you belong ... in a GoGo dancing cage with a pole and suspend you over the floor ..... just though ... naaahh ... you might enjoy that too much:wink:

Emma
30th-November-2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Gus
You HUSSY ... If I get one more female drooling over you I shall put you where you belong ... :rofl:

DavidY
30th-November-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Music seemed to go down well, except for having to dissapoint one couple when I refused to play their Shaking Stevens track ... I'm still not sure if it wasn't a set-up from someone off the Forum considering my disparaging remarks on Mess Shakey:wink: I was very tempted to turn up & request Shakey :wink: (still think Lipstick Powder & Paint is a good track) but instead I spent Saturday night stuck at home with a cold :tears: :tears:

Daisy Chain
30th-November-2003, 07:44 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus
You HUSSY ... If I get one more female drooling over you I shall put you where you belong ... in a GoGo dancing cage with a pole and suspend you over the floor ..... just though ... naaahh ... you might enjoy that too much:wink: [/QUOTE]

Please can you put me in the cage with him? I promise not to drool all over the dance floor.

And Daisy Chain, who were you and did we dance??

Sadly not. You were in too much demand. Couldn't get near you all night for adoring women. :tears: Although I did get my hands on you a few times in the workshop - I just love that thing you do with your foot (pity I trod on it whilst you were doing it) :D

BTW Gus, I had a super night, great music, but not enough Shaky. Hell, there wasn't any Shaky. Call yourself a DJ? :wink:

Daisy:

Bardsey
1st-December-2003, 12:03 PM
QUOTE]Originally posted by Gus
[B]Although I did get my hands on you a few times in the workshop Daisy:

Which one were you, Daisy? Did I talk to you at the workshop? I did try and talk to all the women, but not sure which was you. I was the one wearing the mauve T shirt with the what I call the "women's mission statement" on.

Jill

Bardsey
1st-December-2003, 12:05 PM
.:innocent:

Nice to meet you Roy, shame I didn't meet you before the end of the dance, or I'd have dragged you onto the dance floor. :D

Jill

Bardsey
1st-December-2003, 12:26 PM

Also really nice to meet Bardsey, and hopefully I'll be allowed a dance next time :hug:

you have to be joking!!! I couldn't get near you all night! Just as well we had the dance in the freestyle during the workshop.

I'll get you next time, believe me!:D

It was lovely to meet you and Norma, sorry about the mix up with dinner in the evening.

Jill :kiss: :hug:

Dave Hancock
1st-December-2003, 12:30 PM
I'll get you next time, believe me!:D

Ohhhh, that sounds ominous, better lose my passport so I can't get down south again :wink:

Bardsey
1st-December-2003, 12:38 PM
Ohhhh, that sounds ominous, better lose my passport so I can't get down south again :wink:

Awww come on ! I'm not THAT bad a dancer surely.....:rofl:

RoyBoy
1st-December-2003, 01:01 PM
Nice to meet you Roy, shame I didn't meet you before the end of the dance, or I'd have dragged you onto the dance floor. :D

Jill

SNAP. It was good to meet you and Linda, and put names to faces. Pity it was at the end when the music was off, the hall was almost empty and the lights were up. Seems to be a reccurring theme with me at busy dance nights. Seem to dance all night, then at the end when the lights go up and the floor begins to clear you see loads of ladies that I had'nt danced with :sad: Now your discovered I'l know who to look for next time.

Bardsey
1st-December-2003, 02:01 PM
Now your discovered I'l know who to look for next time.

Great! I'll look forward to that. Are you based in Scotland or down here? If down here, perhaps you could keep me posted about things around Manchester/Stockport etc????

:kiss: :hug:

Alfie
1st-December-2003, 10:23 PM
Daisey and Bardsey did I have the pleasure of dancing with either of you on Saturday evening? Or were you among the six women that refused me. Not that I was counting or anything:D

Tiggerbabe
1st-December-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Alfie
were you among the six women that refused me.
Well, that's what you get for dancing in Northwich when you could have been in Edinburgh being chased all night by women desperate to dance with you :wink:

Gus
1st-December-2003, 11:26 PM
Daisey and Bardsey did I have the pleasure of dancing with either of you on Saturday evening? Or were you among the six women that refused me. Not that I was counting or anything:D

If 6 turned you down that must mean there was only about 123 women left to dance with:wink:

Bardsey
2nd-December-2003, 10:43 AM

I don't know cos I don't know what you look like. I never refused anyone, I rarely do, so if you asked, then I'll have danced!!!

Jill

Daisy Chain
2nd-December-2003, 05:56 PM
I don't know cos I don't know what you look like. I never refused anyone, I rarely do, so if you asked, then I'll have danced!!! Ditto

I'll never make a Hotshot, I thought we weren't allowed to turn down men in t'North? :innocent:

Daisy

Gus
2nd-December-2003, 06:53 PM
I'll never make a Hotshot, I thought we weren't allowed to turn down men in t'North? :innocent:

Must have been southerners who managed to creep in past security:sick: Really sorry that this happened ... must admit that its the first time I've heard this happening at one of our events!

Alfie
3rd-December-2003, 07:37 AM
Did any of you ladies go and look at the dance shoes? If so did you notice a tall bloke with bright red trousers and waist coat on.
That was me, big ugly fella, no hair, sweats alot, half decent dancer, well not bad for a beginner:wink:
I have been refused before I just thought it strange to get knocked back so many times in one night. I'm not upset :tears: :tears: honest.

Daisy Chain
3rd-December-2003, 10:06 AM
Hello Alfie

I didn't visit your stall as I don't need any shoes but I did spot you lurking winsomely by the door of your little room. You were on my list of men to grab but I didn't manage it - intercepted by lesser men en route. I find that dancers who dress like you are either very good and great to dance with or think they are very good :sad: I suspect you are the former. Anyway, you didn't bother to ask me either so I didn't get to find out :tears:

I guess what I should have done, was turn down the men that intercepted me, upset them and then danced with you?

I'll tell you what. Next time, I'll ask you to dance, then you can refuse me and I'll deliver my favourite put down line, which is......

Daisy

Alfie
3rd-December-2003, 09:02 PM
Dear Daisy,
The boss lady only lets me out from behind the shoe boxes in short bursts. So I have trouble getting over to the other side of the room sometimes.
Please, please ask me to dance I never say no, unless I'm changing my shirt, or going to the bar. If I have to ask for a rain check I will come and find you a bit later.
Are you doing stockport on the 20th as we will be there so you can look at shoes and ask me to dance:nice: :nice: :nice:

Bardsey
4th-December-2003, 04:01 PM
Hello Alfie

I didn't visit your stall as I don't need any shoes but I did spot you lurking winsomely by the door of your little room. You were on my list of men to grab but I didn't manage it - Daisy

Hi Alfie

Strange as it seems, this applies to me too. I didn't look at shoes but did catch sight of the red trousers. You didn't ask me to dance either, so PHEW ! Daisy and I are not amongst the offenders.

I can't make Stockport on 20th due to a prior engagement (ooooh how posh does that sound? It isn't, believe me!) but I'll definitely catch you the next time, no worries.

Jill